Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,655 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari (23935 Views)

We Are Behind Ambode’s Second Term Bid – Councilors / Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal / 2019: My Re-election Bid Not For Personal Gain – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Limitednow: 3:53pm On May 05, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Daura, Katsina State, said the driving force for seeking public office should be to serve the people, and see their lives improved, not for frivolity or personal ambition.

Speaking at the All Progressives Party’s (APC) Ward Congress held at Bayagida Model Primary School, President Buhari said the passion to serve and see real changes in the lives of Nigerians informed his choice to join partisan politics in the first place, and inspired him to contest elections in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015.

The President said that his decision to seek a second term in office was borne out of a deep passion to serve Nigerians, and not for personal gains.

President Buhari noted that his administration had already started the process of ensuring fairness, justice and equity, in spite of challenges, and would work hard to consolidate on the gains.

“I am not in politics for fun, frivolity or to amass wealth, I have always been driven by a deep sense of commitment to make a difference to the lives of our people.

“After my retirement from the army, or forceful retirement, I sat back and watched as events unfolded on the political turf, and realised the country needed an intervention for fairness, justice and inclusion of Nigerians in the issues that affect their lives,” he said.

The President called for patience, maturity and orderliness as the 2019 elections’ calendar begins to unfold, urging political parties, candidates and the electorate to put the country first and always remember that victory ultimately belongs to God.

“After going to the court so many times to challenge results of elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011, and going up to the Supreme Court, I concluded that ultimately it is God who determines who will win elections, and in 2015 I got here,” he added.

In his remarks, the Katsina State Governor, Alhaji Aminu Masari, said the process of electing the leaders of the party at the ward level was hitch-free, orderly and based on the constitution of the APC.

“What we have here are our leaders that were chosen based on consensus and we are happy that it reflects the will of the people and the APC constitution. We followed the process to also ensure that there is affirmation,” he said.

The Chairman of the Organising Committee for the Ward Congress, who is also the Commissioner of Justice and Attorney General, Ahmad Usman El-Marzuq urged the party leaders to remain loyal and live up to expectations.

Garba Shehu
SSA to the President
(Media & Publicity)
May 5, 2018

https://www.headlineng.com/second-term-bid-not-personal-gains-buhari/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by TimFisher: 4:02pm On May 05, 2018
lipsrsealed

Maybe is for blood ritual gain!

keep roasting the lives of Nigerians at the expense of your political aggrandizement.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by fergie001: 4:03pm On May 05, 2018
Tell that to the youth corpers your actions led to their untimely death.....
What a kind-hearted "werewolf".....

202 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 4:04pm On May 05, 2018
Ofcourse we know it's for the gains of Fulani terrorist .

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 05, 2018
One of the strategies that has always worked well in Nigeria for political office bidders is to tell the masses what they think is soothing to the ears and once the gullible masses are able to buy what's said hook, line, and sinker it paves the way for them.

I believe some Nigerians are gullible enough to believe this man's hogwash.

168 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Okoroawusa: 4:07pm On May 05, 2018
We all know, Mr President and all Nigerians r in support of you.

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by whitebeard(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2018
angry

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Khd95(m): 4:08pm On May 05, 2018
Buhari, ngwanu give us back our change, we are not going anywhere with u Anymore

Go back to ur cows in daura

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by ipobarecriminals: 4:10pm On May 05, 2018
lipsrsealed *snoring mode activated*

3 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Limitednow: 4:13pm On May 05, 2018
Limitednow:

https://www.headlineng.com/second-term-bid-not-personal-gains-buhari/

Buhari your first outing is this bad, how then will your second be knowing fully well that you won't seek re-election again?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by IdeyFindWife: 5:00pm On May 05, 2018
At least he's right about two things this time

One, his first term was all about getting paid and getting even

Two, his second term will be all about getting paid and getting even, on a bloody level

I remember his famous quote "I am for everybody, and I am for nobody!"

When buhari spits proverbs or makes attempts at sounding wise, you best pay attention

There you have it guys, vote at your own peril or vote him #Back2Daura!

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Narldon: 5:10pm On May 05, 2018

President Buhari said the passion to serve and see real CHANGES in the lives of Nigerians informed his choice to join partisan politics in the first place, and inspired him to contest elections in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015.

He has indeed brought adverse Change to Nigerians.

Only Desperation and Greed for Power would make a 75year old contest in 5 Consecutive Elections.

53 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by sotall(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2018
Yes not for personal gain but for your future generations yet unborn.

Who did Nigeria offend to have gotten these current set of looters?

7 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by uwa1(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2018
how about those around you....
Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 05, 2018
What about the first one? undecided

"a fool is someone that does the same
thing expecting different results. "

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 05, 2018
Your second term na for arresting people. Baskartttttt man nai you be. If I knack you jazz now Lala will say ayam wickettttt

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by PigBenis(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2018
But the first one was, right? Olodo oshi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:12pm On May 05, 2018
You have indeed made a difference in our lives, and most Nigerians are saying they don't want you again.. Biko pụọ ebe a

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by slawomir: 5:12pm On May 05, 2018
isoright
Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Omeokachie: 5:12pm On May 05, 2018

11 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by oyetunder(m): 5:13pm On May 05, 2018
undecided smart lazy man. Obj 3rd term too was because of us too. IBB..Abacha all imprisoned us because they loved to serve us and not their own interest. The presidency is one dirty job that everybody loves so much they dont want to quit.

15 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Promismike(m): 5:13pm On May 05, 2018
Baba! Tunder fire you.

If it's not for your personal gain you would have gone already cos your goverment is cynical, poverty and hardship induced.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by pawesome(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
Ur father dia

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Franzinni: 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
zombies your master just farted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Jusmudi(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
Buhari, you go over sofa.

16 Likes

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by cynthia27: 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
not for personal gain but to consolidate the polgrom being carried out by ur people...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Nathdoug(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
BUHARI ABEG QUIT GO BACK TO DUARA AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR COWS...WE DONT WANT YOU AND YOUR CHANGE AGAIN
YOU ARE A MONUMENTAL FAILURE
YOU FAILED 1984 AND YOU ARE STILL FAILING NOW
YOU WILL ALWAYS FAIL...PLEASE GO BACK TO DUARA

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by mustmust(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
Baba ur second term is for everybody and not for anybody in particular

1 Like

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by RealDannie(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
I laugh in ilaje grin

We were not expecting you to tell us it's for personal gain before.

Even person wey dey sell sh*t no go tell u say na sh*t, e go even give u warranty just to make sure you buy it cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Second Term Bid Not For Personal Gains – Buhari by Nopeace4dwicked: 5:14pm On May 05, 2018
Buharis 2nd term is mission impossible.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Loses 800,000-Member South-West Campaign Group To Buhari, APC / Festus Keyamo Meets Wike & Tuggar To Solve Issues About Abuja Runway & Emirates / Nigeria Deploys State-Of-The-Art Technology In Search Of Oil In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.