Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves (49759 Views)

Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / "Nigerian Man Gets Deported From Pakistan Without Reasons" (Photos) / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by GavelSlam: 6:35am On May 06, 2018
One observation though; your luggage is already checked in so at what point does this take place?

Perhaps after the CBP conducted a search in her absence?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Cutehector(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2018
I dislike unsmart girls.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Gsentme(m): 6:41am On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
she should have been smart about it, like telling them its for personal use since she's new and would want to save money on weaves.
two boxes for personal use? grin grin shocked[s][/s]
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by onatisi(m): 6:50am On May 06, 2018
benebaby77:
It seems that she got deported because she lied that she had no friend there whereas she did...
Good liars must have good memories. She forgot what she first said at the embassy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by ghettochild(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2018
America has a policy, if u ain't on business permit u can't go sell anything or do business.
Secondly if u say u know no1 in America, u shouldn't carry goods to sell..
This girl made a big bloopers.
Now all d money gone...
She could have made it to uni n then make a shipment of weaves into america...
She didn't have a good advicer. This is why i watch border patrol on CBS. U have to know the dos n donts
If u going on student visa, u r not expected to go sell anything.
I hope others learn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by stagger: 6:55am On May 06, 2018
Did she declare them to customs and pay the duty on the items? Did she have the relevant papers to do business there?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by yorex2011: 7:00am On May 06, 2018
And you think those guys don't come to nairaland. Yall keep exposing yourself.

Its best to always follow rules

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by kunle75(m): 7:01am On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:

I said she should have said for personal use using saving money as an excuse instead of saying for a friend when she already said she had no one over there, if you're going to lie about something make it a clean one, the "i don't have any friend then i want to give it to a friend" made them deport her and not because of how plenty the weaves were.

I disagree with your last assertion
The CBP officers decide whether you can be recieved into US or not base on their own prerogative, it could range between your earlier point to something as simple as too much or too little luggage. I live in the state and talking from personal experience. Fact

There are millions of weaves in in malls and stores all over US so the excuse sometimes might sounds lame to the CBP officer on duty at that moment.

Make village remote no catch us period.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:03am On May 06, 2018
jjbest123:
Some how.... The is more story to her deportation,ordinary weaves can't get her deported. MODIFIED: A Custom friend,just told me that either she declared it for a friend,while in her interview she said she has no friend there or she took excess of it as per business things.
exactly. Read the last part. She said "my friends told me to bring them" to which customs replied "but in your application, you said you had no friends here". She lied and it is frowned heavily upon by immigration.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by kunle75(m): 7:06am On May 06, 2018
yorex2011:
And you think those guys don't come to nairaland. Yall keep exposing yourself.

Its best to always follow rules

I live here and can testify to your submission.

I am a member of this forum for 13yrs and so do many other Nigerians residing here n the state and particularly working with US border protection agency.

They know nairaland very well and some of them are members. Please be aware of what you post.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by CSTR1003: 7:07am On May 06, 2018
She threw away an American future because of common weaves.
Her children will never forgive her for remaining in this shitthole.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:08am On May 06, 2018
faithugo64:
angry

Because of weaves?

But you fit enter naija with bomb and AK-47 sef embarassed

not because of weaves. She lied in her application and she got her lie busted. In her application, she said she has no friends in d US, then she tells immigration her friends asked her to bring them. Automatically if they find out about that lie that means your original motive to them might be based on falsehood.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by linearity: 7:09am On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
she should have been smart about it, like telling them its for personal use since she's new and would want to save money on weaves.

Even at that, there are limits lawfully you can carry for personal use, certainly not two boxes that is automatically flagged as business; which contradicts her visa application and intents fir traveling.

If you are going to the US for business, apply for business visa, if it to work apply for work visa and if you are going for study, then don’t bring with you anything that will suggest that you want to engage in business or look for work.

E.g. chat your phone chat history, emails, etc and remove anything that would betray your visa designated intents for traveling and you should not have resume on your person, belongings, phone or laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2018
post=67317827:
I don’t think it’s d weaves that got her deported. I think it’s coz she claimed she has no friends in US at the interview
exactly. Lies are frowned upon there
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by kunle75(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2018
ghettochild:
America has a policy, if u ain't on business permit u can't go sell anything or do business.
Secondly if u say u know no1 in America, u shouldn't carry goods to sell..
This girl made a big bloopers.
Now all d money gone...
She could have made it to uni n then make a shipment of weaves into america...
She didn't have a good advicer. This is why i watch border patrol on CBS. U have to know the dos n donts
If u going on student visa, u r not expected to go sell anything.
I hope others learn

I am watching border wars on justice channel right now
My favorite shows.

You're very on point
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by linearity: 7:10am On May 06, 2018
GavelSlam:
One observation though; your luggage is already checked in so at what point does this take place?

You can be checked after collecting your bags and before leaving the custom area.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by GavelSlam: 7:15am On May 06, 2018
linearity:

You can be checked after collecting your bags and before leaving the custom area.

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by plaetton: 7:17am On May 06, 2018
jjbest123:
Some how.... The is more story to her deportation,ordinary weaves can't get her deported. MODIFIED: A Custom friend,just told me that either she declared it for a friend,while in her interview she said she has no friend there or she took excess of it as per business things.
Poor girl. As harsh and heartwrenching as it is, the deportation was in order, especially under the current anti-immigration environment.
She got her Visa as student. This means and is clearly stated that she is not eligible for any type of employment , business or income earning venture. Then she arrives with 2 suitcases willed with hair, an obvious indication that the hair was for commercial purposes. Then the lie about bringing them for a friend, which she had earlier in her forms said she didn't have any.
The customs and the immigration officers at the US airports have the absolute discretion to deport anyone where they see or suspect a contradiction or deciet in the information , acts or behavior of a passenger coming into the US.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by linearity: 7:17am On May 06, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
not because of weaves. She lied in her application and she got her lie busted. In her application, she said she has no friends in d US, then she tells immigration her friends asked her to bring them. Automatically if they find out about that lie that means your original motive to them might be based on falsehood.

Not true, she still would have been deported on account of the weavon alone.

Because the circumstantial evidence clearly points to commercial intents, but catching her in a lie is not circumstantial, she was caught in the very act, which carries more weight and self evident.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by jackomagnus(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2018
It's not because of weaves.
It's because of dishonesty!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Praktikals(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2018
faithugo64:

You deserve some accolades
Everyone is wiser than a person who made a mistake.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by emelda86(f): 7:23am On May 06, 2018
Sunnynwa:

Dud you read the post at all?

They don't o...they'll just rush to comment awon Russians
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by emelda86(f): 7:25am On May 06, 2018
If u want to lie stick to it till the end not jaboring.... Sister sorry o next time muru anya ka'azu
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by nowpresence(f): 7:33am On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
two boxes of weaves for her personal use... who would believe that. She even carried more weaves than clothes. She didn't think it through.

This is a lesson for others

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by santricedupas(m): 7:35am On May 06, 2018
point of entry questions is also an interview, and are asked based on the information you gave a consular at the embassy.

officer- welcome to america,

student- thank you.

officer- why so much weaves in your possession

student- for personal use since its expensive here.

that's the correct answer she should have given.

me self I dey go america soonest, but na garri me sef go pack go usa, make them no think sey nah cocaine oooo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:38am On May 06, 2018
linearity:

Not true, she still would have been deported on account of the weavon alone.

Because the circumstantial evidence clearly points to commercial intents, but catching her in a lie is not circumstantial, she was caught in the very act, which carries more weight and self evident.
check the last part. The immigration officer had to refer back to her application where she said she had no Friends or family after which she was made to turn back based on that lie. If it was the weaves, they simply would have impounded them.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2018
Salmoneus:
Nigerians tend to over do things, first day in US and you pack two boxes of weaves then lie at the airport...she tried to be too smart, her lies why where she was deported.
people tend to believe once you are granted a visa, not even village people can do anything about it grin if only they knew... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by amstamon: 7:52am On May 06, 2018
Eaugusta:
It's really a pity, that's an opportunity so many persons are looking for.
We all should learn to seek for orientation before embarking on any journey in/of life.
Good morning Nairalanders, please don't be a lazy youth.

Have a fruitful day cool
Today is Sunday dude.,not week(work)days.
Fruitful day ko
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by linearity: 7:53am On May 06, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
check the last part. The immigration officer had to refer back to her application where she said she had no Friends or family after which she was made to turn back based on that lie. If it was the weaves, they simply would have impounded them.

If they established a business intent, they will deport her also on account of the weavon along.

Impounding items or fining travelers is for bringing in excess or prohibited items that don’t contradict the intent if their visa....if a Green Card holder had brought in same amount of weavon, they would had impound them and fine her or fine her, have her pay import duties and release the items back to her, because a Green Card visa supports business ventures.

If she had told the interviewing officer is Lagos that, by the way...she is a hair dresser and intent to make small small change while in the US from hair dressing, she would not had been given a visa, because that intent contradicts a student visa; same thing the immigration agent would have established, they will politely tell her to go back to Nigeria and apply for business visa.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:54am On May 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

point of entry.... Your luggage slides through a scanner and if anything looks suspicious, they will call you to another point and open your bags.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 7:55am On May 06, 2018
jjbest123:
That's what the Op explained too.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by obailala(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
How exactly could she have known that?...

Although this isnt the first time I've heard of a story like this, I think its is a very flimsy reason to deport or ban a person; those immigration guys are just heartless idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Convict Daniel Enemuo, 5 Others Executed In Indonesia - Pics / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.