Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (46267 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Bossontop(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2018
undecided
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by okomile(f): 10:34am On May 06, 2018
Teach your female children the virtue of a woman as early as possible. They will thank you for it in future. I don't blame men who look for ladies who are homely. wink

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Kelvin1971(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2018
As you parents don't teach your daughters house to cook and do house work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Unlimited22: 10:35am On May 06, 2018
Okay, seen.
Next?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 10:35am On May 06, 2018
Someone put cassava in my dodo as a result i started making my own food wicked people too much just do it yourself if you can make dem do no you had thing out of jealousy
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Apple2: 10:35am On May 06, 2018
I don't get it, the so called maids are they not also Nigerians?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Theben(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husbands house..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfy lipsrsealed
Lol, why will they be satisfied?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by nNEOo(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2018
This trend has been going on 4 long,eve my gf will rather. . .(let me nt just talk) . . .hopefuly it continues unabated1

as for that lieing woman,she should just shut up,guys what she meant to say was that the enslave these maids thinking that they were doing them nt knowing they were doing themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:36am On May 06, 2018
Still laughing at the ones who claim they don't need men but cry every night for men to come their way.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by salt1: 10:36am On May 06, 2018
I'm curious to know this woman's social circle.
I haven't seen the men marrying maids.

I know of Dangote's daughter getting married. Or is she a maid?

Rubbish generalization!

10 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by femu(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.

Asians have even more stronger traditions than us and they are more developed.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Xisnin(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2018
Jman06:
I will happily marry an uneducated maid who is clean, has good manners, and can take good care of my home when I'm not around. I'll choose her over a graduate who lacks manners. I don't care how academically smart a lady is. Academic intelligence is different from natural wisdom after all.
You will come here to lament about your marital life under an anonymous handle.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by gr8tone: 10:37am On May 06, 2018
I am glad I marry a maid and she is giving me what I want. I bet you if marry a maid, you will be king

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by baflincon(m): 10:38am On May 06, 2018
Simply because ur daughter found it difficult to be humbled.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 10:39am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husbands house..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfy lipsrsealed

Satifsfied.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Fourwinds: 10:39am On May 06, 2018
so she expect a man to abandon good qualities for mediocrity abi....nonsense

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by gr8tone: 10:40am On May 06, 2018
Xisnin:

You will come here to lament about your marital life under an anonymous handle.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
you missed it. I just didn't want to say you lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by martineverest(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2018
keeping under age maids is child abuse and slavery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by anyimontana(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
ofcos,men are never *SATISFY*..but trust me,men are satisfied,especially the real men
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Xisnin(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2018
Ignorance is a disease.
Your uneducated maids are getting married because they have little to no expectations from their suitors.
It is the same reason why uneducated non-maids hardly remain single for long.
How many of these concerned parents will allow their educated daughters marry an artisan or an agbero?

Educated maids face the same problems as educated non-maids.

If you want more suitors for your daughters throw the door wide open for all suitors.
Thank me later.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Fourwinds: 10:41am On May 06, 2018
NewBea:

Satifsfied.
hi, do you use an application to make bold some of the words you alight?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Herrmes: 10:42am On May 06, 2018
I would never marry someone so domestically focused.
That stuff turns me off.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by KemaSS(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/
That's what we call "Street Take Over"
And I see it as a reward from God for their hard labours serving the masters.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 10:43am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by igetjoyfromthis: 10:43am On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/

Let them continue doing slayqueen stuff till they get to 50 while the maids get married. They never see something yet grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Xisnin(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2018
femu:

Asians have even more stronger traditions than us and they are more developed.

Developed Asians don't spend most of their time policing domestic affairs that should have
been between couples and their immediate family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by anyimontana(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2018
sammysammy111:
Na wetin keep all Dis our celeb d way dem de so, no sabi do simple house chores, even wen dem try catch any man as husband, e no de last, nne make una go learn d basic tins, na husband go find una come
u can imagine bobrisky cannot even on generator,he's still waiting for his\her house help that stole his\her doillars.. How person won marry am?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by martineverest(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2018
I think it's high time we stop this modern day slavery of house maids..they are underpaid or not paid at all...their master promise them education, but will enrol their kids in good schools while the maid goes to public schools....these same sets of ppl will go to church on Sundays without thinking their segregation is a sin against human and God

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by AreaFada2: 10:45am On May 06, 2018
This happened in a different way long ago already. Children of servants were sent to school to "chop cane" from teachers. Kids of local elites & chiefs were pampered at home.

Before we knew it, the educated kids of servants became assistants to colonial officials. So arose some bureaucratic & political elites from the poorest backgrounds.

Very soon hubbies will be openly driving away the daughters of big men they married, and marry their house girl instead.

We're living in a changing and uncertain world. Nothing will remain the same. grin cheesy

To be a lazy, uncouth, foul-mouthed, disrespectful daughter from a rich home will amount to living a single life.

6 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2018
Jman06:
I will happily marry an uneducated maid who is clean, has good manners, and can take good care of my home when I'm not around. I'll choose her over a graduate who lacks manners. I don't care how academically smart a lady is. Academic intelligence is different from natural wisdom after all.

Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by babdap: 10:48am On May 06, 2018
How i wish CEE -C could see this.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by no1madman(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2018
Nothing new. .same shittt all over d world. .its all about top qualities men want in a woman. . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos) / Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.