Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (46273 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:21pm On May 06, 2018
The private part of a very beautiful woman who is so dull and has no brains suffers the most
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by aribisala0(m): 4:26pm On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Thank you. The exact thing I wanted to write. While people all over the world are coming up with life changing inventions, we remain basic. Discussing mundane things. Like who cooked and who didn’t cook. Rubbish country! Too bad I can’t choose where I am from. Nigeria won’t have been my choice.
You ae a fantasist. Most of the people ALL OVER THE WORLD concern themselves with mundane things and not inventions. That is REAL humanity.

The numberr of people ANYWHERE that concen themselves with so called life changing nventions is miniscule most of us are consumers of inventions and that does not make us less human.

Nothing stopping you going out there to start inventing

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by rafcrown(m): 4:30pm On May 06, 2018
WORK OF GOD.BILLIONAIRES WILL SOON BE SEARCHING FOR POOR CITIZENS TO MARRY.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/

Well there you go.You trained the maid to be homely and become a wife material thinking you were raising your daughter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Dreydoe(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2018
chidiadi1980:
who canLB7supplyCeFthis: I Need A Binary/ Forex Teacher In Lagos
Visit the link in the image.
oC0Lwo dreydoe
I disassociate myself from this website. I have not connection to it o..

My monkier is dreydoe but I have no connection to the site abeg
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Dareal90s(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
And your mates are in monastery as monks while some in the parish as priest what are you waiting for ?
Yes na, am with them.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by millionboi(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed
Not all dear.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by papaejima1: 5:25pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed
Pounding fufu alone is not enough, however, I have no doubt that if you can pound fufu you can do a whole lot more.
Your wife material already is up to 1000 trouser lengths cheesy cheesy
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Jman06(m): 5:33pm On May 06, 2018
Reference:
Your maid cannot enable you attain your potentials neither can she be a custodian of legacy or project vision. Any man who seeks a partner for food and fun alone is quite frankly a waste of space on earth.
Is it the telemundo loving mummy's girls that would be a better custodians of legacies

Most of those maids are better equipped to keep your legacies or project vision because they are usually sent out to interact with the real world. They also manage many aspects of their guardian's homes and that makes them better managers. All they need is just a little coaching by you as the man to handle whatever project you have. Having a degree is very different from being wise and knowing how to respond to situations. Many ladies just brandish different certificates but they ain't wise and don't know how to navigate through the storms of life.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by mozele(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.

if you go, just no forget area...
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by xprimate(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Baba calm down. Some can still fly to space in the morning and come back in the evening to roast yam grin
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by bionixs: 5:56pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/
which maids? of now or then? oga, today's maids are devil's secretaries and front-desk receptionists
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 6:03pm On May 06, 2018
Jman06:
Is it the telemundo loving mummy's girls that would be a better custodians of legacies

Most of those maids are better equipped to keep your legacies or project vision because they are usually sent out to interact with the real world. They also manage many aspects of their guardian's homes and that makes them better managers. All they need is just a little coaching by you as the man to handle whatever project you have. Having a degree is very different from being wise and knowing how to respond to situations. Many ladies just brandish different certificates but they ain't wise and don't know how to navigate through the storms of life.

Hehehe....the more things change, the more they stay the same. cheesy First, go and marry a maid after acquiring all your degrees, and come back here in a few years to share your experience. Several years back, a lot of men in our fathers' generation, married naive, young ladies with limited education, zero exposure and minimal ambition, believing that they would be good wives and life partners, because such women possessed domestic skills in abundance. undecided

Okay, o! grin Fast forward, 10-15 years later after such marriages were contracted, those men moved up the career ladder and were holding distinguished positions, flying all over the world and making good money. That is when many of them realised that their wives who had limited education and poor social skills despite their domestic training, were actually a poor fit for them, or did not match up to their aspirations any longer. shocked

So what next? They traded their 'maid-like' wives for newer, improved, educated and sophisticated models. cheesy Those new women or 'wives' were good to look at, educationally qualified, intelligent to boot and possessed social skills that could charm birds off the trees. In addition, their degrees and intelligence were a perfect complement to the men's newly acquired wealth. Such ladies also knew how to make mouth watering delicacies, that could make the men lick their plates. wink

So what changed? When the men had nothing, and were just moving up in their careers, their own desires were also limited. sad So they chose to marry women who they felt would not ask for too much, while managing the home front. As such men rose in their careers, positions, wealth, status and business/political circles, their tastes changed. Their lifestyles got upgraded. And they needed wives, consorts or partners that could fit the bill. In those days, such men had affairs with their secretaries, business associates, female colleagues and those at par with them in the workplace. Quite a number of them ended up marrying such women as second wives, with or without a divorce. Don't forget - polygamy is not a crime in parts of Africa. undecided

It is ironic how the same cycle still keeps repeating itself. sad I hope the men who are now seeking for maids who can clean, cook and perform well in the other room, would not change their tastes a few years later, and trade-in such women for newer, improved, educated models. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Reference(m): 6:06pm On May 06, 2018
Jman06:

I repeat again. If you go through the rigors of courtship, dance to the tunes of traditional wedding bands, buy an expensive suit, waste a pastor's precious saturday and feed five thousand men with two loafs and three fishes, all for food and fun alone out of the partner, then you head needs examination.

Wouldn't it be better, cheaper and timely to just post a job vacancy and employ the servant in ten minutes. Pally, you don't know the function of marraige at all. I mean at all.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 6:09pm On May 06, 2018
Reference:
I repeat again. If you go through the rigors of courtship, dance to the tunes of traditional wedding bands, buy an expensive suit, waste a pastor's precious saturday and feed five thousand men with two loafs and three fishes, all for food and fun alone out of the partner, then you head needs examination.

Wouldn't it be better, cheaper and timely to just post a job vacancy and employ the servant in ten minutes. Pally, you don't know the function of marraige at all. I mean at all.

You are too correct! May the wisdom God deposited in your life, continue to increase! cheesy
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by brainhgeek(m): 6:33pm On May 06, 2018
Things that happen when our manners are westernized. Sons now go to school with guns to settle scores but in our time we used our fists and live to eat together and play football the next day.
Daughters are slaying their virtues on the table parental negligence in the name of hustling.
God is watching in 3D whoever is irresponsible.
Expect more unwifeable daughters and irresponsible sons. Selah!
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 06, 2018
true, men are attracted to productive women, maids qualify as they clean the house , cook and manage resources.

men will prefer them to the spoilt brat daughters who lack manners, discipline and decorum.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DavSagacity(m): 7:30pm On May 06, 2018
Jman06:
I will happily marry an uneducated maid who is clean, has good manners, and can take good care of my home when I'm not around. I'll choose her over a graduate who lacks manners. I don't care how academically smart a lady is. Academic intelligence is different from natural wisdom after all.
Exactly bro. you just described the lady am set to marry. Am a Masters degree holder while she's a school cert holder. She stays with her uncle and serve them more like a maid. She's an exact epitome of what you described above. And I've decided to marry her instead of the arrogant Graduate ex of mine who is always right in her own eyes.
Homely, well trained , beauty . that's ok. Her education can come thereafter.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by bukatyne(f): 9:30pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:

You are righ my brother... The woman i wanted to marry told me that i will get a maid for her as she dont know how to cook and clean the house.

I just ran 440. I dont like keeping maids.. Its a child abuse.
!

Your ex aside:

You don't like maids; do you believe in doing chores or you except her to do it all alone?

If you expect her to do it alone, is she going to work?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On May 06, 2018
salt1:
I'm curious to know this woman's social circle.
I haven't seen the men marrying maids.

I know of Dangote's daughter getting married. Or is she a maid?

Rubbish generalization!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I am thinking that even for a maid to be married to a man considered above her class (cause I am sure she is not lamenting about mechanics and bricklayers), she must be polished to a certain extent.

And there is dignity in labour.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On May 06, 2018
laudate:

Hehehe....the more things change, the more they stay the same. cheesy First, go and marry a maid after acquiring all your degrees, and come back here in a few years to share your experience. Several years back, a lot of men in our fathers' generation, married naive, young ladies with limited education, zero exposure and minimal ambition, believing that they would be good wives and life partners, because such women possessed domestic skills in abundance. undecided

Okay, o! Fast forward, 10-15 years later after such marriages were contracted, those men moved up the career ladder and were holding distinguished positions, flying all over the world and making good money. That is when many of them realised that their wives who had limited education and poor social skills despite their domestic training, were actually a poor fit for them, or did not match up to their aspirations any longer. shocked

So what next? They traded their 'maid-like' wives for newer, improved, educated and sophisticated models. cheesy Those new women or 'wives' were good to look at, educationally qualified, intelligent to boot and possessed social skills that could charm birds of the trees. In addition, their degrees and intelligence were a perfect compliment to the men's newly acquired wealth. Such ladies also knew how to make mouth watering delicacies, that could make the men lick their plates. wink

So what changed? When the men had nothing, and were just moving up in their careers, their own desires were also limited. sad So they chose the wives who they felt would not ask for too much from them, while managing the home front. As such men rose in their careers, positions, wealth, status and business/political circles, their tastes changed. Their lifestyles got upgraded. And they needed wives, consorts or partners that could fit the bill. In those days, such men had affairs with their secretaries, business associates, female colleagues and those at par with them in the workplace.

It is ironic how the same cycle still keeps repeating itself. sad I hope the men who are now seeking for maids who can clean, cook and perform well in the other room, would not change their tastes a few years later, and trade-in such women for newer, improved, educated models. undecided

You know, you deserve a hug.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ndindiatu: 10:22pm On May 06, 2018
viceddy95:
shocked shocked :.!
why won't suitors marry d maids,,when ur daughters don't have anything to offer apart from there pussy,,they are always on social media from morning till night looking for the next available rich guy to take them outing ,,,,,,cook they can't ,common to sweep na prvoblem..sshmm
Like u are on naira land now wasting ur life
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by viceddy95(m): 10:27pm On May 06, 2018
ndindiatu:

Like u are on naira land now wasting ur life
Your life is already wasted,,,,continue by wasting your already wasted life by looking for trouble ....ode
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ndindiatu: 10:27pm On May 06, 2018
rafcrown:
WORK OF GOD.BILLIONAIRES WILL SOON BE SEARCHING FOR POOR CITIZENS TO MARRY.
Keep deceiving ur self or day dreaming. Rich keep marrying the reach
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ndindiatu: 10:29pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=viceddy95 post=67339779]
Your life is already wasted,,,,continue by wasting your already wasted life by looking for trouble ....ode[/quote
My dear I am in my Washington DC office sipping wine and checking if Niger youths have changed but no. Still same thing. Continue]
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by viceddy95(m): 10:35pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=ndindiatu post=67339828][/quote]
Hahaha,,people wy they make mouth like these,no level for them....if you like be in your north korea office,e no concern me..sshmm undecided undecided
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Mznaett: 10:53pm On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
Tueh!

You're just too smart!
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 11:22pm On May 06, 2018
Jman06:

You are even talking as if the men that are in the market these days, are as good as their fathers once were, when it comes to hard work, discipline, progressive nature, good sense, compassion, respectfulness and meeting their responsibilities. sad

Is it all these immature boys in grown up bodies, with warped mentality, that are seeking for good, domesticated girls to marry? The ones that have turned irresponsibility into a high art, and have made 'baby daddy' a fad? shocked The ones that are Whizzkid imitators, Davido's sycophants and Soundcity copycats? In the past, 'baby daddy' was something shameful, hidden from the world and done in secret. Today, it is flaunted everywhere, like a new pair of Jordache jeans.

Many of them do not even have a vision for their lives or a legacy to uphold, so what do they want to keep alive? shocked Many of them have degrees, but little knowledge. They sport a sense of entitlement, that really does not make sense. Yet they expect to be applauded for it. May God deliver us all....
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by GiantParrot(m): 11:44pm On May 06, 2018
laudate:

Okay, o! grin Fast forward, 10-15 years later after such marriages were contracted, those men moved up the career ladder and were holding distinguished positions, flying all over the world and making good money. That is when many of them realised that their wives who had limited education and poor social skills despite their domestic training, were actually a poor fit for them, or did not match up to their aspirations any longer. shocked

So what next? They traded their 'maid-like' wives for newer, improved, educated and sophisticated models. cheesy Those new women or 'wives' were good to look at, educationally qualified, intelligent to boot and possessed social skills that could charm birds off the trees. In addition, their degrees and intelligence were a perfect complement to the men's newly acquired wealth. Such ladies also knew how to make mouth watering delicacies, that could make the men lick their plates. wink

So what changed? When the men had nothing, and were just moving up in their careers, their own desires were also limited. sad So they chose to marry women who they felt would not ask for too much, while managing the home front. As such men rose in their careers, positions, wealth, status and business/political circles, their tastes changed. Their lifestyles got upgraded. And they needed wives, consorts or partners that could fit the bill. In those days, such men had affairs with their secretaries, business associates, female colleagues and those at par with them in the workplace. Quite a number of them ended up marrying such women as second wives, with or without a divorce. Don't forget - polygamy is not a crime in parts of Africa. undecided
undecided

Interesting post. The trend presented here is new to me. Where can one find evidence for this? And how common are such stories for men with wives having much lower educational credentials? Can you speak in terms of percentages?

@ the bolded, Given that people have sexual affairs for all sorts of reasons, how are you certain that the mismatch between the husbands and wives' educational and professional profiles were primarily responsible for the affairs you refer to?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 11:58pm On May 06, 2018
GiantParrot:
Interesting post. The trend presented here is new to me. Where can one find evidence for this? And how common are such stories for men with wives having much lower educational credentials? Can you speak in terms of percentages?

Guy, I grew up in Lagos, listening to gist being shared by celebrity uncles and aunts in those days. wink I was the unofficial bag carrier for my elders, and the fetcher of stuff for my aunts, who never missed a good party. cheesy There was plenty of gist in Lagos social circles, about who was dating whom, and whose marriage was on the rocks.

The society pages of most newspapers and magazines in those days, also contained salacious details of the marital break up of top business men and women, as well as the reasons for such break ups. sad Those gossip columns were the predecessors of the Encomium magazines and City People, of today. At most of those parties, you would see big successful business men and top technocrats attending parties with different women who were not their 'first' wives, but the 'second.'

One look at the 'first' wife, and you would know what went wrong. A lot of the time, the first wives were frumpy madams with limited education, poor dress sense and minimal social skills, while the second wives were psychedelic, trendy 'soyoyos' with panache, education and class.

Do a review of divorce cases that took place in the late 80s-90s and early 2000. sad Most of the reasons for the dissolution of such marriages, are factors that most psychologists are familiar with. Infidelity is often cited, on the part of the man, but the truth is that distance had been created between the couples long before infidelity set in. undecided Infertility is also another, which has nothing to do with the educational/professional mismatch between couples.

I don't have info or statistics on percentages or ratios, but the gist is real. wink Ask most vicars or pastors in our local churches, who provide counselling to old and new couples, and they would corroborate this scenario I described in my previous post. undecided

GiantParrot:
@ the bolded, Given that people have sexual affairs for all sorts of reasons, how are you certain that the mismatch between the husbands and wives' educational and professional profiles were primarily responsible for the affairs you refer to?

Affairs are a sign that something is lacking in a marriage, or something has gone wrong between a couple. sad The mismatch between a couple's educational & professional profile, could create tension between a husband and wife, if it is not properly managed.

If some spouses (due to their limited exposure and education) are unable to understand the job demands of their better half, or they become suspicious for no other reason than the fact that their husband/wives spends too much time away from home, or even spend too much time with the opposite sex, then it could be a recipe for misunderstanding. undecided Such suspicion could be borne out of a sense of insecurity or an inferiority complex, if the poorly educated wife often compares herself with her husband's trendy educated female colleagues and associates.

Some of those insecure, needy wives then make life uncomfortable for their husbands due to their suspicions.

Such men might then gravitate towards women in their field or within the workplace, who they feel understand them better and can contribute intelligently to their career decisions, or choices. sad Before you know it, a rapport is established and it doesn't take much for an affair to start.

PS: Please note, I have not said all couples who are educationally and professionally mismatched, would end up in a divorce. Some of such marriages, do work and thrive. But the mismatch has been cited in a number of cases, as one of the reasons why couples grow apart in later years. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by kalu61(m): 1:39am On May 07, 2018
l will prefer a maid that a loosed girl no matter her education and exposure

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:23am On May 07, 2018
biacan:
no be only fufu.Shebi you de formfeminist upandan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.