Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests (12417 Views)

Police Recruitment: ‘candidates Don’t Know Names Of Nigeria President, CJN’ / Police Recruitment: Kaduna Tops List, Bayelsa State Lowest / Police Recruitment 2018 List Of Shortlisted Applicants In All 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by gabzymedia: 4:36am On May 06, 2018
The police have said that the 133,324 candidates shortlisted for recruitment into the Force will undergo a psychological evaluation, HIV and Hepatitis screening while the females would also be subjected to a pregnancy test.

The Force warned participating officers to be impartial and ensure transparency during the exercise which would commence on Monday across the country.

The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, in a statement on Saturday, warned the state commands to be thorough, be above board and ensure that the exercise is smooth, hitch-free and devoid of any form of corrupt practices.

For the first time, the police boss said successful candidates, after the physical screening, would undergo a written aptitude test to be conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board to ensure transparency and get the best out of the candidates.

Furthermore, the police said medical examination would be conducted for each candidate in visual assessment which covers far and near visual acuity, binocular vision, colour vision, visual field testing and pathology.

“General medical test, which covers blood pressure, blood sugar, body mass index, Hepatitis B and C, HIV screening, tuberculosis, antigen in serum and pregnancy test (for women only). Others include psychological evaluation of the candidates, which covers psychological interview, personality and integrity as well as drug screening will be conducted on the candidates,” the statement added.

The statement further indicated that the IG had directed the Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Training and Development to monitor and assess the exercise in all the states and the Federal Capital Territory to ensure the conduct of the exercise in line with best practices.

“Candidates are advised to be of good conduct throughout the exercise,” it further indicated.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/05/06/police-recruitment-candidates-to-undergo-mental-hiv-tests/
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by psalmson001: 10:50am On May 06, 2018
What about bribery test? That is the most important. Majority of the police misharps have heard about in Nigeria was as a result of trying to collect bribe.

15 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by anyimontana(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2018
The psychological evaluation and HIV should be conducted every 3months cos okorofo and olosho combination can be dated back to 1945

But seriously I dont give dis on Sundays,but I just have to,cos of the hate I have for them

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by AnonymousIP: 10:50am On May 06, 2018
REMEMBER TO APPLY CLICK HERE ; https://www.policerecruitment.ng/

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by fullclub: 10:51am On May 06, 2018
Yes oh

First they said they will sit for jamb >>>>http://recruitmentform.com.ng/nigerian-police-recruits-to-write-jamb-before-enlistment-into-the-force/

Other updates
Date of physical training here
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by saraki2019(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2018
well deserved, some policemen, behave as if they mentally inclined.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by oyetunder(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2018
sad, no scientific ways to detect bribe virus in their blood.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by ihatebuhari(f): 10:52am On May 06, 2018
3rd world police.
Come to los angeles and see police force.
Useless country

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by memory123(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2018
Good work! we just hope it will be free and fair
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by NurseJay: 10:53am On May 06, 2018
So what happens to those who test positive for HIV, Hepatitis and PT?

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by OnyeJombo: 10:53am On May 06, 2018
shocked
They should add this test too...

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Okadalifestyle(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2018
Share the link to the application portal anyone. May all applicants get #assurance #blessedassurance #God
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by mayskit4luv(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2018
cheesy
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Nobody: 10:54am On May 06, 2018
Good Move ONLY if it can be done. after this let there be a total over haul of psychological test on ALL serving police officers.

Wish the applicants good luck.
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by zicoraads: 10:54am On May 06, 2018
HIV test?

Is it wrong to have HIV? That HIV test part is wrong.

8 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by babdap: 10:57am On May 06, 2018
it is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by fwallex4truth: 10:58am On May 06, 2018
And Criminality Test! cool

Because, most of them end up being a criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by nairaman66(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2018
The IGP should as a matter of urgency and transparency subject himself to the test first before we can take him serious!

Between, why would they subject only the new intake to the test, what about the mental cases of the Nigerian Police stationed on our roads to extort millions of Nigerians off their hard earned money?
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Godjone(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
grin CRAZY PEOPLE EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Kylekent59: 11:10am On May 06, 2018
zicoraads:
HIV test?

Then maleria test is wrong too.

When I gained admission into the higher institution, hiv test was compulsory and also lot of tests also. After two weeks you go and collect your file which contains your results. Those that are positive would be given anti RD.

I and my frnds, immediately we collected our files, we exchanged it and we opened it right in our front. Na negative ooo.

Even in ultimate search,you have to undergo all these tests.

Make dem test dir blood for bribe oooo

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Skmoda(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2018
na now they just know....mumu people
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Skmoda(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2018
zicoraads:
HIV test?
what's wrong there? do you have one?
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Skmoda(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2018
anyimontana:
The psychological evaluation and HIV should be conducted every 3months cos okorofo and olosho combination can be dated back to 1945

But seriously I dont give dis on Sundays,but I just have to,cos of the hate I have for them
not only you bro...I hate this people to the extent that if I see them my blood boils beyond 1000 degrees for you to know the level of hatred that I have for them.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by TheInspired: 12:48pm On May 06, 2018
ihatebuhari:
3rd world police.
Useless country
really u from a useless country �����
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by TheInspired: 12:48pm On May 06, 2018
ihatebuhari:
3rd world police.
Useless country
really u from a useless country �����
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by ucnwafor(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2018
Naija police force, even if them go pay me 1million to recruit me, so far them don loose their respect and prestige, I no want joor
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by Chuksmonika(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2018
zicoraads:
HIV test?

i agree with you,it is wrong to include HIV test as part of medical screening to be conducted,it is even inhuman to reject someone on the grounds of HIV,as HIV doesnt pose as a public health risk...Even United state Government have since removed HIV testing as part of their compulsory medical screening for Immigrant visa applicants..,Nigeria just has to wake up,so if some applicants test positive to the virus,are they going to be rejected or what,i dont get it!

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by millionboi(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2018
That HIV funny ......what if d person com carry m after employment
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by millionboi(m): 2:05pm On May 06, 2018
zicoraads:
HIV test?

Not just wrong but foolish/ignorance.

If only thy are medical incline thy wud ve seen how stupid it is.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by KnowMore: 2:09pm On May 06, 2018
Okay
Re: Police Recruitment: Candidates To Undergo Mental, HIV, Pregnancy Tests by enemyofprogress: 2:27pm On May 06, 2018
Ajepako is not qualified for this, she is heavily pregnant for her landlord

(1) (2) (Reply)

GMAT 2015 / Live Update Nnpc Test 26th March 2011 / Gti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.