Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop (1568 Views)

Stampede Occurs As Nigerians Tackle CBN Deadline On New Cash Swap / CBN Refuses Reps’ Call To Suspend The New Cash Withdrawal Policy, Receives Buhar / House Of Reps Tells CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop by BizWatch: 7:58am On May 06, 2018
Cocoyam, which is a traditional staple, tuber food in the country and regarded as ‘poor man’s food’ in many rural communities, is about to become a cash crop and create wealth for many local farmers, as the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) says it has discovered that the tuber can be used as an alternative to sorghum in factories producing beer and other beverages.

The President of MAN, Dr. Frank Jacobs, who stated this through the Association’s Director, Corporate Communications, MAN, Mr. Ambrose Oruche, noted that this discovery came out of the collaborations that the body had with indigenous researchers while on the quest to increase local sourcing of raw materials.

He said the recent experience of manufacturers with foreign exchange scarcity had made it necessary to collaborate with the Research and Development institutions in search of local raw materials.

CLICK TO READ FULL STORY.

https://bizwatchnigeria.ng/cocoyam-is-the-new-cash-crop/

Re: Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop by dokiOloye(m): 10:30am On May 06, 2018
Cocoyam beer
Ok oo,we carry our glass for hand de wait grin.
Re: Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 15, 2021
Just about when I was searching to Know the profitability of cocoyam... please, I would love to know the ready market because I am venturing into this farm business this year . I have got loads of it in large quantity for planting. Can you be of help?
Re: Cocoyam Is The New Cash Crop by concho(m): 12:29am On Feb 26, 2021
Veggieseedies:
Just about when I was searching to Know the profitability of cocoyam... please, I would love to know the ready market because I am venturing into this farm business this year . I have got loads of it in large quantity for planting. Can you be of help?
where are you located ?

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Bank In Nigeria That I Can Cash Foreigh Checks / How Do I Open Offshore Account Here In Nigeria? / Interested In Selling The Body Shop Bath, Skincare Products As An Agent? Uk Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.