Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation (853 Views)

Mohbad's Dad Told Suspect Primeboy To Run Away – Singer's Mum Tearfully Narrates / Portable To Headies - I Am Bigger Than Organisers & Their Next Rated Artist BNXN / 77 Nigerians Arrested By FBI: 'all Races And Ethnic Nationalities Have Their Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by OneHead: 12:20pm On May 06, 2018
For the record and to set things straight, no Igbo person won last night headies award. When I mean Igbo, I mean names of artists below.

Runtown
Patoranking
Flavour
Tekno
Masterkraft
Zoro Swagbag
Psquare
And others.

They gave best reggae award to 2 face. With all due respect to the 2 face brand, I doubt if Tuface ought to win that award where there was a Patoranking or Runtown there.

Tekno produced the smashing hit "IF" for Davido but they chose kiddominant to pick that award.

Phyno had a great last year but they felt Reminisce is better off.

Zoro ought to win rookie of the year, Zoro did amazing stuff last year but nothing to compensate him.

Runtown "Mad Over you" is the most viewed Nigerian music video on YouTube last year. He did great stuff like "For life and Energy" same last year, nothing to compensate him for.

Tobi even went to dish out awards and not Miracle or even Ceec.

I am not playing the tribal card or sentiment here but I felt that the Igbos were marginalised and discriminated all through their winning process.

We move still.

Patronise your Igbo entertainers, awards or no awards. We must not allow their crafts die. It's high time an Igbo person start his or her own awards. We are tired of this year in year out discrimination.

#NONSO
#12thHeadies

Opinion by Chukwunonso Nzekwe

You can tell me it's voting but same voting was faulted by Baddoo the last time.

Lalasticlala, MissyB3, Fynestboi

3 Likes

Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by ad84ada(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2018
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by Omihanifa: 12:26pm On May 06, 2018
nah every time dem dey marginalize una (igbo) abi grow up and stop playing the tribal card
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by naijafella(m): 12:33pm On May 06, 2018
Am sure you expect Flavour or Phyno to be named Artist of the Year.... Guy, truth be told. They have not measured up. Cut the sentiments.
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by jimrog: 12:57pm On May 06, 2018
What do u have to say abt Olamide that didnt win anything? Abi u wan tell us say phyno did better than Olamide last year..
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by Shakushaku1(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2018
This same crop of artist that won at the headies won most of the international awards last year, pls was it also organized by Yoruba pple, yall should stop crying wolf all the time, it's getting boring.

U can go ahead and organise yours, we v been hearing this sht since, it's about time yall make it happen, igbo award abi, buh be ready cos our boiz will still come there to win u at ya own home, ask Ghana awards, mama, BET or Nea.

This music thing is ours, it's a culture in the west and Lagos is the capital, so get over it

2 Likes

Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by Thaheer(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2018
so tuface na hausa abi?..
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 06, 2018
If igbos Artists did not win any Awards it simple means they are not good enough, that's just the simple truth.enough with this ur tribalism card u guys keep playing every time.
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by mascot87(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
OP Please get a life.
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by OneHead: 3:21pm On May 06, 2018
mascot87:
OP Please get a life.

You can't get better nigga
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by mascot87(m): 7:31pm On May 06, 2018
OneHead:

You can't get better nigga

Grow up dude
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by OneHead: 9:23am On May 07, 2018
mascot87:

Grow up dude

Hello Uncle, you that have grown can now die
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by mascot87(m): 8:21am On May 08, 2018
OneHead:

Hello Uncle, you that have grown can now die

You see why i insist that you grow up
Re: HEADIES: I Suspect Tribalism And Ethnic Marginalisation by sunnysunny69(m): 8:42am On May 08, 2018
If they are super good, I bet they'll win. Everything no be marginalisation.

(1) (Reply)

People Hate What They Dont Understand -ahneeka Defends Her Headies Outfit / Miracle And His Brother Complicate Themselves On Who His Rumoured Sugar Mummy Is / #bbnaija: PHOTOS - Teddy A And Bambam Suffer Brutal Attacks On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.