Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( (39768 Views)

Help!!! My Dog Is Dying / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by oolorii(f): 10:37pm On May 06, 2018
16 dog years? Please tell your dog to put it house in order. You say your goodbyes.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by AiiVee(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2018
16years don do na...wetin happen...your dog wan turn dogly Methuselah ni
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by MrBONE2(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2018
pweeryambre:
This is why I hate pets, when you get attached to them and they want to die, its always surprisingly emotionally disturbing.
happend with the chickens in my little poultry farm, even though they were being raised for consumption, its always like a house of funeral any day one dies, or is to be butchered by the family.
grin
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 06, 2018
Ishilove it's unfair to allow your dog pass through this trauma. I read he was going deaf, got cataracts and now he's lost his teeth. My advise is to have him euthanized, it won't make him less special. He doesn't deserve all this pain and drama.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by lookingfly: 11:22pm On May 06, 2018
Ishilove:
Well, at least he looks like he is dying. He is now emaciated and all his favourite food is being rejecteted.

He has lost all his teeth and only eats soft food. He is even rejecting fish and ordinary soup. The poor thing is perpetually hungry but when we give him food, it is the lizards in the compound and neighbourhoods birds that it (you should see how fat those lizards are now).

Can anyone suggest what to feed a sixteen year old dog who seems to have lost his taste for food? Please, it hurts so much watching him waste away. Yesterday he was staggering around like a drunk because of hunger. We had to feed him left over meat pie and gala before he could get himself.

Please, suggest something.

*sob* cry cry

PS- My dog's name is Ruggedman, so no one should go and harass the rapper with 'get well soon' messages.
that's old age bro, he's age equivalent to humans v is 112yrs. That's a good time on earth. That was why the dog is already loosing it's teeth and body body conformity.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:22pm On May 06, 2018
ShyCypher:
Why won't the dog die when you feed him meatpie, gala, nkwobi & shawarma? Is he a Slay Mama?

Anyway, there's no goin' back now. Arrange for the closest Calabar man you know to whisk him away for a token.

By the way, why won't you post his picture? Or is he an Ekuke Yellowhound?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Kennyideal(m): 11:30pm On May 06, 2018
Give am codeine

1 Like

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by iamJ(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2018
so person carry bingo they form pet and people dey feel for am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this one strong ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 06, 2018
The guy is dying, ruggedibaba, has lived a fulfilled life.
Take him to the calabar pepper soup joint nearby, so he can be useful to you one last time...
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 12:11am On May 07, 2018
Even from the old pic ruggedness don start
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 12:11am On May 07, 2018
ShyCypher:

I talk am.

Ekuke Mastiff. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by kalu61(m): 12:39am On May 07, 2018
Ishilove:

I refuse to accept this. He has always been very strong and only weakened after he lost his teeth.
face reality
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Ishilove: 12:55am On May 07, 2018
Cutehector:
lmao...hasn't this dog died yet.. I remember this thread when you posted about it dying two years ago. grin
Na you go kill am? Evil people
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by donshaize(m): 1:00am On May 07, 2018
it's crazy how some people are suggesting selling the dog for meat, like really? someone even said so you would gain something and not waste meat .. so y'all feel after keeping the dog for 16 years he should be sold as food? ahh

anyways o.p clearly the dog has had a good run living this long and watching in pain isn't good, i suggest you should have him euthanized it end his suffering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Ishilove: 1:05am On May 07, 2018
UDUJ:

So sorry to hear about your dog. As a fellow dog owner I feel your pain.

At 16 years old your dog is already in it's last years sadly (going by the chart below, if your dog were to be human he should be within the 80-120 year old range)

The reason for your dog not eating can literally be anything. Your dog may have an upset stomach. Or it could be something more serious. If your dog doesn’t eat for more than a day I suggest taking it to the vet.

The reason is that it could be really serious. My dog refused to eat and when I took her to the vet I found out she had parvo. It took treatment at the vets and at home for a few weeks before she was okay.

If in addition to not eating, your dog is lethargic and without energy and doesn’t show any interest in anything else, then you must take it to the vet as soon as possible.
Thank you so much. To even take him out is difficult because he is now so dirty because he has taken a liking from sleeping in grease. He goes to where the generator is running and lies down next to it, inhaling carbon monoxide (I suspect he goes there for the warmth). Even when we bath him, turn around for a minute and he is back there coating himself again in the black oil so we just gave up.

He does nothing but sleep all day, stagger around on shaky when he is hungry and runs out of the compound once in a while to mark his territory (he is still very territorial. Lol).

I've accepted he is on his last leg. I just want him to expire peacefully in his sleep, not howl all day in hunger or fall into the gutter and die like he almost did last week. We had to hire somebody to drag him out because he blindly walked into a deep gutter and had been to weak to come out.

It's painful, Bro, because he is family. So painful
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Ishilove: 1:10am On May 07, 2018
Anabell2:
Ishilove

You should be arrested and put in jail for animal cruelty

Spend more time taking care of your dog rather than being online 24/7 banning people
Rugged will disagree with you
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Ishilove: 1:11am On May 07, 2018
donshaize:
it's crazy how some people are suggesting selling the dog for meat, like really? someone even said so you would gain something and not waste meat .. so y'all feel after keeping the dog for 16 years he should be sold as food? ahh

anyways o.p clearly the dog has had a good run living this long and watching in pain isn't good, i suggest you should have him euthanized it end his suffering
Yeah, euthanasia is becoming more and more attractive
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by JayLaFlame(m): 2:11am On May 07, 2018
Don't know why he won't die
See name wey you give am undecided
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 2:18am On May 07, 2018
Ishilove:

Rugged will disagree with you

Oh the irony embarassed

Stop calling your dog ruggedman. A dog with no teeth that's eats left over meat pie and gala undecided. There's nothing rugged about your dog

You should have named him

Coward
Timid
Bingo
Or
Eggroll

2 Likes

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by donqx: 2:51am On May 07, 2018
hmmm
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Nobody: 3:25am On May 07, 2018
Ishilove:
Well, at least he looks like he is dying. He is now emaciated and all his favourite food is being rejecteted.

He has lost all his teeth and only eats soft food. He is even rejecting fish and ordinary soup. The poor thing is perpetually hungry but when we give him food, it is the lizards in the compound and neighbourhoods birds that it (you should see how fat those lizards are now).

Can anyone suggest what to feed a sixteen year old dog who seems to have lost his taste for food? Please, it hurts so much watching him waste away. Yesterday he was staggering around like a drunk because of hunger. We had to feed him left over meat pie and gala before he could get himself.

Please, suggest something.

*sob* cry cry

PS- My dog's name is Ruggedman, so no one should go and harass the rapper with 'get well soon' messages.

So u don't know what a veterinary doctor is abi
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by andrew3312: 3:53am On May 07, 2018
Haba
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by andrew3312: 3:54am On May 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by andrew3312: 3:56am On May 07, 2018
grin
PrecisionFx:

Animal doctor grin
PrecisionFx:

Animal doctor
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by zudozz: 4:24am On May 07, 2018
Rugged pepe soup..
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by olu690(m): 5:37am On May 07, 2018
Ishilove:

I refuse to accept this. He has always been very strong and only weakened after he lost his teeth.
Human being can be strong at youth but very wick at old age.. Ruggedman way teath don finish for mouth? plz let him die in peace abeg.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Luzie1996: 6:59am On May 07, 2018
Savagery cheesy grin grin
ShyCypher:

I talk am.

Ekuke Mastiff. grin
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by slevin: 7:16am On May 07, 2018
naijafella:
Then this platform is not for you. Please go to the dog kingdom and co-habit with your rugged man.

Classic cheesy
naijafella:
Then this platform is not for you. Please go to the dog kingdom and co-habit with your rugged man.

Classic

1 Like

Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by adonaimart(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2018
Sorry bro...dude is old. Make him as comfortable as u can.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Freiburger(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2018
Engage the dog in less activities. The old man need some rest.
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by MrBigiman: 7:36am On May 07, 2018
The last ruggedman thread, u never updated on what u did about his hearing and cataracts, and if u saw a vet. Now u are back again, pushing an old dogs story to front page. Sell the dog to dog eaters and let everyone rest
Re: Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( by Ishilove: 7:49am On May 07, 2018
Anabell2:

Oh the irony embarassed

Stop calling your dog ruggedman. A dog with no teeth that's eats left over meat pie and gala undecided. There's nothing rugged about your dog

You should have named him

Coward
Timid
Bingo
Or
Eggroll
Lol. Anabell you're trolling this early morning abi? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Crash : My Six Months Old Lovely Pet / My Cat Just Dey Live Like Queen Oooo!!! - Oyinbo Princess / Lady Scolds Her Dog For Giving Birth To 6puppies Without Any Job (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.