Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

What Is Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life? (24661 Views)

The Testimony: The Word Is Life. / Jesus Christ Is Life; And You Say He Is Not God? / Such Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 1:33pm On May 06, 2018
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Cc Dominique.

82 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Shedrack777: 1:39pm On May 06, 2018
seems like you don't have christ. go and accept christ my dear

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
Sometimes questions like this looks complicated but very simple to answer.

As long as humans are scared of death, they'll never understand what LIFE is all about.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
Christ can't help out in this case, it's a void that needs to be filled
Shedrack777:

4 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
Shedrack777:
Lol, I know Christ. But there are some things you just have to ask and understand. Logical questions.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 1:50pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

It's thoughts like this that really make man evolve into who we are today.

Why are we distant from monkeys bacteria and non living things.

Because we are here for a purpose.

We have been programmed to keep evolving learning creating and passing information we garner to our successors to continue for us.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 1:51pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:
Sometimes questions like this looks complicated but very simple to answer.

As long as humans are scared of death, they'll never understand what LIFE is all about.
I'm not even scared of death anymore since it's inevitable.

What's the answer?

6 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 1:57pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
I'm not even scared of death anymore since it's inevitable.

What's the answer?

Life don't have a pure and understandable definition, you can only understand some aspects of life, but can't have a full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Your stay on earth will be miserable if you get to have the full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Just live to leave.

22 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:03pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?

To me life is a battlefield you fight for what you earn or own you lose some you win some . Nothing on earth is permanent that is why things and times changes.Your questions are valid nothing like happily ever after but I believe there is something like happily sometimes after.Meaning you can be happy today and sad tommorow.While reading through where you stated being a child is the best thing ever reminded me of a poem Birches by Robert frost in which he stated that you lose nothing or think about anything in childhood.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 2:04pm On May 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
To me life is a battlefield you fight for what you earn you lose some you win some or own nothing on earth is permanent.Your questions are valid nothing like happily ever after but I believe there is something like happily sometimes after.Meaning you can be happy today and sad tommorow.While reading through where you stated being a child is the best thing ever reminded me of a poem Birches by Robert frost in which he stated that you lose nothing or think about anything in childhood.

What is she saying?

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:07pm On May 06, 2018
Thegamingorca:

It's thoughts like this that really make man evolve into who we are today.

Why are we distant from monkeys bacteria and non living things.

Because we are here for a purpose.

We have been programmed to keep evolving learning creating and passing information we garner to our successors to continue for us.

What of those that died purposelessly? They had a purpose too. Some were at the verge of fulfilling their purpose but they died.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by MrMystrO(m): 2:07pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

Life is Death. Life and death are the Biggest Paradox in all Existence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:07pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:

What is she saying?
I am not in the mood for such again.So please stop it.He asked a question I answered or contributed my own view to it.If you don't understand try to ignore.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:08pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:

Life don't have a pure and understandable definition, you can only understand some aspects of life, but can't have a full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Your stay on earth will be miserable if you get to have the full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Just live to leave.
So it's all about living to die.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
What of those that died purposelessly? They had a purpose too. Some were at the verge of fulfilling their purpose but they died.

Death Is inevitable. The onus is therefore on us to ensure we are ready for death by ensuring we have made enough contingency plans to continue our legacy even after we are long gone, baby kiss
Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 2:10pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
So it's all about living to die.

That's the only thing humans are sure of in this life.

Nothing else.
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:11pm On May 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
To me life is a battlefield you fight for what you earn or own you lose some you win some . Nothing on earth is permanent that is why things and times changes.Your questions are valid nothing like happily ever after but I believe there is something like happily sometimes after.Meaning you can be happy today and sad tommorow.While reading through where you stated being a child is the best thing ever reminded me of a poem Birches by Robert frost in which he stated that you lose nothing or think about anything in childhood.
I just want to know the essence of this life.
It's seems life is a battle that you fight to lose.
I even doubt the happily sometimes after. It's short. And the real struggles starts again. I've read birches.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:11pm On May 06, 2018
MrMystrO:

Life is Death. Life and death are the Biggest Paradox in all Existence.
Hmm.. True.
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:13pm On May 06, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Death Is inevitable. The onus is therefore on us to ensure we are ready for death by ensuring we have made enough contingency plans to continue our legacy even after we are long gone, baby kiss
Will life and death even give us the chance? The way life just want to be hard on some people by force. Life wouldn't even give you the chance to be ready for death.
Okay dear, thanks for contributing.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:14pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:

That's the only thing humans are sure of in this life.

Nothing else.
I agree. The only thing we're promised in this life is death.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:14pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
Will life and death even give us the chance? The way life just want to be hard on some people by force. Life wouldn't even give you the chance to be ready for death.
Okay dear, thanks for contributing.

You welcome baby

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by MrMystrO(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

Lol in the bigger Picture, Everyone and everything fulfills their purpose. The purpose man gives to himself and other things is a Miniature purpose, a "fake" one. In the bigger picture, Everything Existing Fulfils a Purpose and that Purpose is ALWAYS fulfilled. The Universe is ALWAYS BALANCED.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am not in the mood for such again.So please stop it.She asked a question I answered or contributed my own view to it.If you don't understand try to ignore.

Why are you ladies always bitter?

I asked a simple question "What are you saying? " which deserves a simple explanation from you, but you decided to make troubles and a big deal out of it.

Very pathetic

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:17pm On May 06, 2018
MrMystrO:

Lol in the bigger Picture, Everyone and everything fulfills their purpose. The purpose man gives to himself and other things is a Miniature purpose, a "fake" one. In the bigger picture, Everything Existing Fulfils a Purpose and that Purpose is ALWAYS fulfilled. The Universe is ALWAYS BALANCED.
How is this purpose always fulfilled? Imagine someone dying a day to their graduation. What purpose did this person fulfill?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2018
There is no rhyme or reason to this life.

You have to evolve to survive

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:23pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
I just want to know the essence of this life.
It's seems life is a battle that you fight to lose.
I even doubt the happily sometimes after. It's short. And the real struggles starts again. I've read birches.
I myself I don't even know the essence that is why when some people say it is all vanity I don't even argue.Sometimes these are questions one would need to ask the creator.Sometimes I see this life as a drama God the producer and director,Humans the cast or character and angels the crew(literature).It may not necessarily be a fight to lose because some people do leave a good name behind even if they are 6 ft under and are still remembered till today or even immortalised it may not be a fight to lose if some of us have fulfilled our purpose on earth.As for the poem it was complex and it took time for me to understand.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:25pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:

Why are you ladies always bitter?

I asked a simple question "What are you saying? " which deserves a simple explanation from you, but you decided to make troubles and a big deal out of it.

Very pathetic

Well maybe because your approach is usually not nice.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by MrMystrO(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2018
This question i cannot answer and i believe nobody Alive can. Nevertheless My contribution to this and to help with your post and these thoughts of yours, is that first of all understand, What are we all striving for? Plato said the Ultimate Goal of Man is to be Happy. So then, how do you find happiness? Happiness is Relative. One mans i don blow is another mans I'm in wreck!! First key to Unconditional happiness is to Understand that Material things DO NOT bring real happiness because they are never enough. They only activate a sense of self rewarding feeling but they do not bring True happiness. To me, i believe True happiness can be found in Appreciating to the highest degree, the Little things of life. Appreciate to the highest degree the sunrise and sunset, Appreciate the cool breeze that blows in the evening, appreciate the lovely stars that shine at night.. appreciate Art, Music and anything Artistic. Appreciate those special people in your life who love you and always care about your well-being. Think of Life as a whole as a work of art, including the happy times and the Sad times, Learn to appreciate this art and believe me you will find a very deep sense of fulfillment in every situation, deeper that any you've ever felt. Learn to Unconditionally appreciate this Chaotic Cage we've found ourselves in and watch yourself become free inside...

I do hope you Live free and find unconditional happiness my good friend.
makydebbie:
How is this purpose always fulfilled? Imagine someone dying a day to their graduation. What purpose did this person fulfill?

50 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:32pm On May 06, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I myself I don't even know the essence that is why when some people say it is all vanity I don't even argue.Sometimes these are questions one would need to ask the creator.Sometimes I see this life as a drama God the producer and director,Humans the cast or character and angels the crew(literature).It may not necessarily be a fight to lose because some people do leave a good name behind even if they are 6 ft under and are still remembered till today or even immortalised it may not be a fight to lose if some of us have fulfilled our purpose on earth.As for the poem it was complex and it took time for me to understand.
Okay sis, thanks for contributing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 06, 2018
Life is survival, life is reproduction. You were created to survive and recreate/reproduce.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:37pm On May 06, 2018
MrMystrO:
This question i cannot answer and i believe nobody Alive can. Nevertheless My contribution to this and to help with these thoughts of yours, is that first of all understand, What are we all striving for? Plato said the Ultimate Goal of Man is to be Happy. So then, how do you find happiness? Happiness is Subjective. One mans i don blow is another mans I'm in wreck!! First key to Unconditional happiness is to Understand that Material things DO NOT bring real happiness. They only activate a sense of self rewarding feeling but they do not bring True happiness. To me, i believe True happiness can be found in Appreciating to the highest degree, the Little things of life. Appreciate to the highest degree the sunrise and sunset, Appreciate the cool breeze that blows in the evening, appreciate the lovely stars that shine at night.. appreciate Art, Music and anything Artistic. Appreciate those special people in your life who love you and always care about your well-being. Think of Life as a whole as a work of art, including the happy times and the Sad times, Learn to appreciate this art and believe me you will find a very deep sense of fulfillment in every situation, deeper that any you've ever felt. Learn to Unconditionally appreciate this Chaotic Cage we've found ourselves in and watch yourself become free inside...

I do hope you Live free and find unconditional happiness my good friend.
Hmm... Deep.

Thanks for sharing this words of wisdom. Thanks for your kind words.

16 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 2:38pm On May 06, 2018
Kleenatics:
Life is survival, life is reproduction. You were created to survive and recreate/reproduce.

Those that didn't get the chance to reproduce nko?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Enoch Adeboye Pictured With Ban Ki-moon / 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church / Nigerian Abroad Sees A Black Cat, Prays: 'Aunty Nkechi I Rebuke You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.