Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Is Life? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life? (24596 Views)

The Testimony: The Word Is Life. / Jesus Christ Is Life; And You Say He Is Not God? / Such Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Life? by Anas09: 11:39am On May 09, 2018
makydebbie:
I typed it. Good morning, been a while.
Yes dear. This moniker just got resurrected again. Hope you okay? This your Op... hmm.
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 12:33pm On May 09, 2018
Anas09:

Yes dear. This moniker just got resurrected again. Hope you okay? This your Op... hmm.
Lol, I desperately needed answers.
I'm getting better. Thanks for coming through, I missed you.
Re: What Is Life? by aigboeben(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2018
makydebbie:
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Life is actually a journey to eternity. Death, at the moment, is the only passport to eternity. The visa you apply for while living is determined by the way you lived your life on Earth. When you put the eternity factor into the equation of your existence then you can live a meaningful life here on Earth. Or else all you will be doing is rat race

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 09, 2018
Like Anas said, earthly life is only a transition. Something become useless when the purpose is not know.
The purpose of life is we are created for God's pleasure, glory and a reflection of his image but however that purpose was lost but now regained in Christ.
Only when man come to to the Saviour can he find his true purpose, the purpose of man is in God, that is why you see people so religious and look for anything to idolize or worship but neither religion, ideology or activities reveals this purpose.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 09, 2018
makydebbie:
I'll try dear, not easy but I'll try.
Good! And as long as this CURIOSITY of wanting to know "WHAT IS LIFE" is GENUINE, then i must tell you; You have taken the first step to ENLIGHTENMENT, a path threaded by all teachers of TRUTH. The beginning of becoming a SEEKER, of SELF REALISATION, of heart at PEACE a result of weeding 'EGO' out of thee 'SELF'. I will take my time. Bye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 9:17pm On May 09, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Good! And as long as this CURIOSITY of wanting to know "WHAT IS LIFE" is GENUINE, then i must tell you; You have taken the first step to ENLIGHTENMENT, a path threaded by all teachers of TRUTH. The beginning of becoming a SEEKER, of SELF REALISATION, of heart at PEACE with itself. I will take my time. Bye
Lol, okay dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by hopefulLandlord: 9:28pm On May 09, 2018
Christians would assert only a dead Jew killed by 3 nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago gives genuine meaning to life and Muslims would assert only the war drunk middle eastern pedophile that drinks camel piss and some middle eastern Arab creator god could give genuine meaning to life. according to them these entities created the universe and that means meaning can only come from them

Obviously both can't be right but both can be wrong which makes every sincere person think but insincere people simply pretend those others don't exist

If anything, the existence of a god with a ready-made "plan" for a mortal's life would negate purpose and meaning. IMO, one must have agency to choose and fulfil a goal oneself, and that's pretty hard to do if there's some super-powered meddler pulling your strings. "Better do as my god says so you can go to celestial North Korea where you'd spend eternity singing the praises of my dictator forever and ever" the meaning of their life is living and hoping to enjoy in another life. they're so worried about not making the cut for next life that they haven't asked themselves if the meaning they're thinking about is really genuine. Carrot (Heaven) and stick (Hell) is all they think about.

The Christian gives their "life" to Christ and get promised that this New Life of theirs will be oh-so-grand and wonderful but they find very quickly that it falls far short of some kind of divinely orchestrated masterpiece. They have headaches, and get sick, and get traffic tickets, and yes, even divorces, and have wayward children, and flunk tests, and can't get jobs, etc etc etc. Jesus/Yahweh is supposed to be divinely guiding their lives from morning pee to dreamland and everything in between, but it seems that the Christians have a "plain ole life" just like all the heathen.
So- let's create a DIVINE PURPOSE. So now your life has supernatural meaning and all of it is perfectly orchestrated by your personal God who cares SO MUCH for every detail of your life. Your life will look the same as before- and the same as everyone else's, but now it has PURPOSE. And MEANING. Glory! It's the same ole shit repackaged. But, man, does it sell!

If purpose an meaning in life can only be achieved by believing in a god, then do Wiccans who believe in the god and the goddess have twice as much meaning in their lives? Do polytheists then have the most meaning in their lives? Is it binary, as in, one either has purpose and meaning or one simply does not? Or is it a fuzzy boundary, in which a person can have some meaning and purpose -- are there degrees?

I think this thread shouldn't have been put in this section as it would simply attract religious people and make them come and assert only their religion gives meaning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by marttol: 9:47pm On May 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Christians would assert only a dead Jew killed by 3 nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago gives genuine meaning to life and Muslims would assert only the war drunk middle eastern pedophile that drinks camel piss and some middle eastern Arab creator god could give genuine meaning to life. according to them these entities created the universe and that means meaning can only come from them

Obviously both can't be right but both can be wrong which makes every sincere person think but insincere people simply pretend those others don't exist

If anything, the existence of a god with a ready-made "plan" for a mortal's life would negate purpose and meaning. IMO, one must have agency to choose and fulfil a goal oneself, and that's pretty hard to do if there's some super-powered meddler pulling your strings. "Better do as my god says so you can go to celestial North Korea where you'd spend eternity singing the praises of my dictator forever and ever" the meaning of their life is living and hoping to enjoy in another life. they're so worried about not making the cut for next life that they haven't asked themselves if the meaning they're thinking about is really genuine. Carrot (Heaven) and stick (Hell) is all they think about

If purpose an meaning in life can only be achieved by believing in a god, then do Wiccans who believe in the god and the goddess have twice as much meaning in their lives? Do polytheists then have the most meaning in their lives? Is it binary, as in, one either has purpose and meaning or one simply does not? Or is it a fuzzy boundary, in which a person can have some meaning and purpose -- are there degrees?

I think this thread shouldn't have been put in this section as it would simply attract religious people and make them come and assert only their religion gives meaning
mtcheew...bunkum

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by hopefulLandlord: 9:53pm On May 09, 2018
marttol:
mtcheew...bunkum

You said I shouldn't talk to you again here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4461066/sleep-paralysishas-anyone-experienced-it#66867451

Why are you seeking my attention again

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:39pm On May 09, 2018
makydebbie the whole world is under the sway of the evil one. Death came in through disobedience. No one created death, for it is the absence of life.

Likewise, darkness is also the absence of light. All you need is to takeway light and, you will be left with darkness.
Evil also is just the absence of good. What God simply told man is this," the day you will disobey me, I will takeaway my light and you will be left with only darkness, disease, evil and death."

This is the condition of mankind. But this not the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by marttol: 11:06pm On May 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You said I shouldn't talk to you again here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4461066/sleep-paralysishas-anyone-experienced-it#66867451

Why are you seeking my attention again
k undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by Babacele: 1:32am On May 10, 2018
makydebbie:
True. cry
really?
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 4:25am On May 10, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Good! And as long as this CURIOSITY of wanting to know "WHAT IS LIFE" is GENUINE, then i must tell you; You have taken the first step to ENLIGHTENMENT, a path threaded by all teachers of TRUTH. The beginning of becoming a SEEKER, of SELF REALISATION, of heart at PEACE a result of weeding 'EGO' out of thee 'SELF'. I will take my time. Bye
Lol, okay.
Re: What Is Life? by karli4nia(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2018
makydebbie:
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Hmmm...
Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 15, 2018
kiss

Tekno is BAM, Tekno Jogodo.
Re: What Is Life? by sonmvayina(m): 7:33pm On May 15, 2018
Life is a circle and death is just an illusion.. We are divine beings on a human journey.

Try and get hold of the igbo creation myth, it is the best I have read. It will put everything in proper perspective..
Re: What Is Life? by iBanger(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2018
Arondizuogu:

How can a poor man be happy even if he believes in Christ? I know people who are believers but are also asking the meaning of life. So we suffer in this life because we have been promised paradise? Okay then I think these pastors should follow us and suffer too no be Bible that says it would be simple for a camel to pass through a thread than a rich man entering the Kingdom of Heaven? What about finding happiness here and then waiting for the eternity to come?

You have to know that when the Bible refers to the word "rich" and "poor" it refers to it figuratively. Here's what I mean, a "rich man" has a certain character traits such as pride, self-sufficiency, amongst others. If you read that bible passage, you will see what the rich man said that before God said it will be difficult for a rich man to enter Heaven. He was boastful and accredited his riches as a product of his hardwork, refusing to acknowledge God and in return sees those below his social ranking as lazy people.
May brother, you need to study the word, you need the holy Spirit to better explain to your understanding.
Solomon in all his riches wan never boastful or proud but always reference God in all thing. Your personality should not change because you have or don't have material things. Those who were divinely blessed never prioritize God over their material needs and even when they got them they still fellowship with God.
Clearly you might take your model after those who acquired worldly treasures and oppresses you on social media with it and say stupid things like "owo ni Koko" and the like or maybe snatches your girlfriend or things like that.
Here's the difference my brother, remember the devil promised Jesus the whole world if only he bowed to him. So when it comes to the issue of money and power, you can get both from either God or the devil. But here's the difference the Bible says "He maketh rich and addeth no sorrow"... but the opposite is what the devil promised. So which is your choice?
The Bible says "money answerth all things" also says "money is the root of all evil" and finally say "seek yea first the Kingdom of God and it's righteous and every other thing shall be added"... "He is able to do exceedingly above all we can ever ask of".
So if money is your problem my brother, you now know how to get it. If happiness is you need to renew your mind.
Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 18, 2018
sonmvayina:
Life is a circle and death is just an illusion.. We are divine beings on a human journey.

Try and get hold of the igbo creation myth, it is the best I have read. It will put everything in proper perspective..
bro where can I get it? i'd love to read it

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by sonmvayina(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2018
DeckXavier:
bro where can I get it? i'd love to read it

Google it, it will point you in the right direction.
Re: What Is Life? by orunto27: 1:48pm On May 18, 2018
Life is AIMs(actions, interactions and movements), preceded by feelings, thinking and reasonings.
Life is fathered by Discernment and mothered by Understanding. For BornAgains, Life is Christ's Character given you by The Holy Spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by orunto27: 1:52pm On May 18, 2018
Life is AIMs(actions, interactions and movements), preceded by feelings, thinking and reasonings.
Life is fathered by Discernment and mothered by Understanding. For BornAgains, Life is Christ's Character given you by The Holy Spirit of God.
Such is Life that accommodates all Selfishness and Righteousness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by edicied: 1:56pm On May 18, 2018
And I wonder if they'll laugh when I'm dead?
Why am I fighting to live if I'm just living to fight?
Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?
Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?
Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die? - Running

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by jFrankNorfleet: 2:11pm On May 18, 2018
edicied:
And I wonder if they'll laugh when I'm dead?
Why am I fighting to live if I'm just living to fight?
Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?
Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?
Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die? - Running

Runnin' sampled that line. if you're interested the original was sang by Edgar Winter and the title is "Dying to Live"
Re: What Is Life? by edicied: 2:18pm On May 18, 2018
jFrankNorfleet:

Runnin' sampled that line. if you're interested the original was sang by Edgar Winter and the title is "Dying to Live"
Re: What Is Life? by Phut(f): 7:39pm On May 19, 2018
sonmvayina:

Can you please recount it here. Put links to articles on it, so that we can read up on it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 4:06am On May 20, 2018
@Op u need to get ur mind right & be grateful for the little things u take for granted. Life as it is, is beautifully sweet. The creator isn't dumb. Death is but a birth to a new life.. We are meant to go on & on to higher planes of life & explore every bit of the universe....our home
Re: What Is Life? by chaarly(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2018
@ makydebbie
Read the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible (Chapters 1-12) Solomon gave detailed explanations in there
Re: What Is Life? by Nlkay(m): 12:53am On Aug 15, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, okay dear.
I was once here few years ago and so I will try my best possible to stay brief on this wonderful topic I just stumbled upon. Actually, when moments like ds dawn on u, u are becoming true being seeking self realization and questioning your existence. My answers - The true essence of life is embedded in "Creation and Time". Every being is created by the Master Chesser (God) for a purpose hidden in his existence (Time) for which your usefulness to one and another supersedes and remains primary in your day to day existence. But should man hadn't drift from its original given plan of creation, death would have not being a part of existence. The Ist coming of Christ or the 2nd Noah was as a result to correct a drift and a missing gap in the history of mankind. I wish to rest my case. I have a lot to say but can't keep typing. Thanks Makkie
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 6:50am On Aug 15, 2018
Nlkay:
I was once here few years ago and so I will try my best possible to stay brief on this wonderful topic I just stumbled upon. Actually, when moments like ds dawn on u, u are becoming true being seeking self realization and questioning your existence. My answers - The true essence of life is embedded in "Creation and Time". Every being is created by the Master Chesser (God) for a purpose hidden in his existence (Time) for which your usefulness to one and another supersedes and remains primary in your day to day existence. But should man hadn't drift from its original given plan of creation, death would have not being a part of existence. The Ist coming of Christ or the 2nd Noah was as a result to correct a drift and a missing gap in the history of mankind. I wish to rest my case. I have a lot to say but can't keep typing. Thanks Makkie

Thanks for your input dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by kay29000(m): 12:06pm On May 28, 2019
Makydebbie, thanks for this thread...and thanks to all the people that contributed to it, i learnt a lot.
Re: What Is Life? by makydebbie(f): 5:12pm On May 28, 2019
kay29000:
Makebbie, thanks for this thread...and thanks to all the people that contributed to it, i learnt a lot.
Awwn, glad you did dear, don't mention.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by hstar: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
I'm glad I come across this post

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Luke Adeleke, Murdered In Abeokuta / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.