Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) (64191 Views)

Ore-Interchange Flyover Cracks: Was Built By Akeredolu & Commissioned By Buhari / Admiralty-lekki-ikoyi Bridge: What Is The Solution To Regular Traffic There? / See How People Cross River Niger Before The Bridge Was Built (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2018
BafanaBafana:
They could have made the bridge shorter and saved a lot of money.
uneducated one. the bridge has to link admiralty way. if the bridge takes any of your red lines do you know each plot of land the government takes from the owners will be at least 500m naira each. what about the cost of those mansions that would have to be demolished? the right way is to avoid demolition of billions of naira worth of property. that area has the most expensive set of buildings in nigeria
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Over hyped bridge
Pls am not a fool
That bridge is not cable suspended,it has pillars under,the cables are for decoration.

Engineers can tell u anytin to save there energy bcus u don't no the job but pls don't be a fool for life
really? how many pillars in that long stretch? ignorant illiterate
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2018
eliadekx:
Nice gesture but don't be over excited because we are still thousand miles backward compare to modern days tec around the world....
Mr around the world. let's try and appreciate the little we have now till we can do better. that bridge is the first of it's kind. baby steps bro. you don't run before you start crawling!!!
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
really? how many pillars in that long stretch? ignorant illiterate
. Contispation worry you
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:58am On May 07, 2018
EsotericMonk:

My dear, its becoming irritating sef. If not first in Africa, they will say First in Sub-saharan Africa. If not, na West Africa.
If others had beaten us to it, we will claim first in Nigeria, or first in southern Nigeria. We just have to attach a first to it for it to be any sensible. Some will even say first since 200X like seriously?
it's the first of it's kind in Nigeria. if you know any other cable bridge in Nigeria pls tell us the location
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 10:59am On May 07, 2018
Lilisticlili:
. Contispation worry you
bloody diarrhea worry you grin
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2018
EsotericMonk:
To all those saying "fashola try", " Ambode is working ", i'm sorry to say but you're no different from political lackeys and N50 praise singers who sing the praises of their political benefactors.
You guys need to travel, pls go out and see the world develop at astonishing pace and less noise. For all the supposed wonderful things they have done in Lagos, its just a scratch on the surface. Our standard as Nigerians is too low and we're too comfy with mediocrity.
yes there is corruption in the country but pls give Kudos when there is the need to Mr traveller. a lot of states in the US have higher GDP than Nigeria yet you are comparing us with them in terms of infrastructure?

you have to crawl before you run Mr traveller
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
bloody diarrhea worry you grin
I know u love my signature grin
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2018
Lilisticlili:
I know u love my signature grin
oya go and play outside before I spank your bumbum grin
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2018
Sagay212:

When you see the way they praise their useless politicians for rubbish, you just wonder if they have been cursed. They do not even realise that these inflated projects are done with tax payers money. Nigerians deserve all the suffering they are getting now
in a class where the average student scores 3/10 a student that managed to scored a five should be praised and shown ways to improve!!! which state are u from? what are your governors doing?
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by pheesayor(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2018
and in the process demolish the houses and distort the planning of the area?

BafanaBafana:
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by DaRuud(m): 11:20am On May 07, 2018
I hope that wicked devil call Yahaya Bello is seeing this ?

AutoReportNG:
The Lekki-Ikoyi bridge was built and commissioned by former Lagos State Gov, Mr. Babatunde Fashola on 29th of May 2013, the bridge is said to be an impressive pylon and cable-stayed construction, a technology never before used in Nigeria, the modern landmark connects two highly frequented districts – providing considerable relief to existing traffic routes in the economic center of Nigeria.

The bridge is the first cable-stayed bridge to be built in Nigeria and was constructed by Julius Berger Nigeria. The bridge has a 9-metre headroom above the water level in order to allow for the flow of maritime traffic.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-sSxWid2FUDg/Wu9BsJrJZRI/AAAAAAAAR4w/XkAR4Si817oxeJvTQ3_WWOMHMrmUJ0PVQCLcBGAs/s1600/Zuckerberg-exercising-with-young-Nigerians-on-Ikoyi-Lekki-Link-Bridge.jpg[/img]

The bridge has become sort of celebrities bridge as you are bound to meet some celebrities on this bridge early in the morning doing their exercise, it was so unique that even Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg was pictured jogging along this bridge when he was in Lagos, faces like Mo Abudu, the CEO of Ebonylife, the MD/CEO of various banks use this bridge as their one-stop place for exercise.

As beautiful as this bridge is, no one knows how strenuous it is to get this edifice in place, according to Julius Berger, it was a difficult one coming to this type of bridge as it is new in the country, no state has ever built anything close to this cable-style bridge before. We are able to get the behind the scene pictures of how this bridge was built and some other works.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-KAaktpy1j50/Wu9AYi-wpRI/AAAAAAAAR30/8GLYCJLKCfg6xHgEQqdMfjLPIbEIXv4FQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lekki_Bridge_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-1RiEt7nb9BI/Wu9AYxRs3oI/AAAAAAAAR34/j9IMMq3D3RIo6t8rYScUaANLBXmoL6GjgCLcBGAs/s1600/Lekki_Bridge_003_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-XdQzu9vYk3Y/Wu9Abiw6OtI/AAAAAAAAR4A/h05kxDtAEooMkKrPTUVRwnUXgeRxsPicQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lekki_Bridge_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-YWm-BvPG-5Q/Wu9AdhCKmtI/AAAAAAAAR4I/8pCROkKS0DQswb08s9KmZg0gpT49ews6wCLcBGAs/s1600/Lekki_Bridge_007_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/05/never-seen-pictures-of-how-lekki-ikoyi.html

Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Sagay212: 11:36am On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
in a class where the average student scores 3/10 a student that managed to scored a five should be praised and shown ways to improve!!! which state are u from? what are your governors doing?

That's a senseless comparison. Comparing students who are being taught to daft politicians who know what to do but would prefer deceiving the people with small inflated projects which they use tax payers money for. You want to praise a governor because he is doing what you voted him to do? Praise him because he used his personal money and is doing you a favour? I don't blame you. Suffer head has distorted your way of reasoning. You are so comfortable with the rubbish your useless governors dish to you. Asking me stupid question about what state im from as if any state in the whole nigeria is anything to be proud of.
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
it's the first of it's kind in Nigeria. if you know any other cable bridge in Nigeria pls tell us the location
My brother that's beside the point. We don't need to add 'first' before we know its a milestone project.
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by adebayosun02: 12:21pm On May 07, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Obviously, you don't UNDERSTAND the concept of "Transportation". Connection cum distribution of traffic (goods +services) are the most important considerations and not the distance
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by elRamani(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2018
BafanaBafana:

exactly what i was thinking

but they're professionals, they might have their reasons
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2018
Sagay212:

That's a senseless comparison. Comparing students who are being taught to daft politicians who know what to do but would prefer deceiving the people with small inflated projects which they use tax payers money for. You want to praise a governor because he is doing what you voted him to do? Praise him because he used his personal money and is doing you a favour? I don't blame you. Suffer head has distorted your way of reasoning. You are so comfortable with the rubbish your useless governors dish to you. Asking me stupid question about what state im from as if any state in the whole nigeria is anything to be proud of.
daft politicians indeed. can you really say fashola didn't perform well in Lagos? whether you like it or not politicians can be likened to students who will be graded based on their performance at the end their tenure. you are the daft one here for now understanding a simple explanation.

ofcourse he didn't use his personal money but if these politicians deserve to be crucified for the high unemployment and poverty rate then they deserve to be commended when they build something that is the first of it's kind in Nigeria.

what kind of educated individual wants to apportion blames but is not ready to commend when a beautiful project like this is carried out? at the end of the day I'm sure your state government is somewhere using your money to build statues or build hotels in Lagos and Abuja.

what have we done to the likes of uduaghan, the two orjis, timpere sylva, akala, mimiko, gbenga Daniel, etc that mismanaged public funds? nothing!!! we only insult and scream. but when one man decides to do the right thing and build a bridge for public use to ease traffic and save man hours you can't commend him.

Mr pseudo intellectual, when next you want to call someone daft be sure you are making use of your brain in the process. hater!!!
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2018
EsotericMonk:

My brother that's beside the point. We don't need to add 'first' before we know its a milestone project.
is it your first? let us add it!!! it's the first of it's kind in Nigeria. tell your governor to innovate too
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by mrsuperswag(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2018
Faster but not cheaper...its a better option regardless
HtwoOw:
Looks like Precast concrete

But the footings had to be built, cofferdam and shytts like that

The world uses precast slabs these days , it's faster and i think it's cheaper
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
oya go and play outside before I spank your bumbum grin
let play in hell baby
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2018
Lilisticlili:
let play in hell baby
ok. go first. I'll come and meet you later wink
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Sagay212: 4:49pm On May 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
daft politicians indeed. can you really say fashola didn't perform well in Lagos? whether you like it or not politicians can be likened to students who will be graded based on their performance at the end their tenure. you are the daft one here for now understanding a simple explanation.

ofcourse he didn't use his personal money but if these politicians deserve to be crucified for the high unemployment and poverty rate then they deserve to be commended when they build something that is the first of it's kind in Nigeria.

what kind of educated individual wants to apportion blames but is not ready to commend when a beautiful project like this is carried out? at the end of the day I'm sure your state government is somewhere using your money to build statues or build hotels in Lagos and Abuja.

what have we done to the likes of uduaghan, the two orjis, timpere sylva, akala, mimiko, gbenga Daniel, etc that mismanaged public funds? nothing!!! we only insult and scream. but when one man decides to do the right thing and build a bridge for public use to ease traffic and save man hours you can't commend him.

Mr pseudo intellectual, when next you want to call someone daft be sure you are making use of your brain in the process. hater!!!

you are an slowpoke. plain and simple. I do not know what you mean by the right thing. building bridges to ease traffic roads is no longer the responsibility of the government? I have said it, long years of suffering and smiling has distorted your thinking faculty. In your mind your lagos is like some paradise to you because of some funny bridges, bus terminals and wall paintings. you are one of the many foolish nigerians who encourage politicians to take them for granted. I am 100% sure my brain is functioning fine and in use. what i do not know is if you have a brain to use at all, because if you can type the rubbish up there, I pity the kind of offspring you'll raise. Wake up and start using your head, do not allow suffering and poverty make you celebrate mediocrity. there is absolutely nothing to celebrate or commend in lagos or any other state is this sh.it hole country. Ya'll will continue to suffer and die till you decide to use your brain. it is not for decoration. use it. lagos boy!
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 5:23pm On May 07, 2018
seguno2:

Where is the fight in asking questions on a public forum
Please let me know.
Thanks

OK, substitute the word "fight" with "drag" or any synonyms that fit the context.
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by ShenTeh(m): 6:19pm On May 07, 2018
seguno2:

In the same state governed by Jakande, Mobolaji Johnson and even Awolowo
Are you sure about what you are saying or you are just too young to have a more comprehensive knowledge of Lagos state?

More of the latter than the former.

And again it is my humble opinion.

Regards.
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by machosly(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2018
And displace people from their homes
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2018
Sagay212:

you are an slowpoke. plain and simple. I do not know what you mean by the right thing. building bridges to ease traffic roads is no longer the responsibility of the government? I have said it, long years of suffering and smiling has distorted your thinking faculty. In your mind your lagos is like some paradise to you because of some funny bridges, bus terminals and wall paintings. you are one of the many foolish nigerians who encourage politicians to take them for granted. I am 100% sure my brain is functioning fine and in use. what i do not know is if you have a brain to use at all, because if you can type the rubbish up there, I pity the kind of offspring you'll raise. Wake up and start using your head, do not allow suffering and poverty make you celebrate mediocrity. there is absolutely nothing to celebrate or commend in lagos or any other state is this sh.it hole country. Ya'll will continue to suffer and die till you decide to use your brain. it is not for decoration. use it. lagos boy!
lol you have a comprehension problem.

of course building roads to ease traffic is the governments responsibility!!! but if they don't do it what will you do? the likes of the orjis, uduaghan, daniel performed poorly on their first term and they still won for a second term even though the masses were groaning under their leadership!!! even after they embezzled and stile your future they are still walking freely and you've not been able to do anything for them. all you do is criticise. so what stops you from appreciating a fashola that built a bridge (did well)? you are throwing insults but you don't understand a simple explanation grin and you are putting my future kids when you should pity yourself and your parents for your low IQ and the money wasted on your education cheesy

before you start typing jargons again answer this questions

1.) did fashola do well enough to get a 6/10 for what he did in Lagos?

2.) can you give uduaghan, sylva, the orjis, mimiko 4/10 as a score for what they did in their respective states?

3.) if quest 1 is yes and 2 is no. then what stops you from commending the guy that did well even though you feel he can do more?

the basic rule of motivation is that you reward those that are did fairly well so they can improve and do more. that's my point!!!

go school you no greegrin
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Sagay212: 8:56am On May 08, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol you have a comprehension problem.

of course building roads to ease traffic is the governments responsibility!!! but if they don't do it what will you do? the likes of the orjis, uduaghan, daniel performed poorly on their first term and they still won for a second term even though the masses were groaning under their leadership!!! even after they embezzled and stile your future they are still walking freely and you've not been able to do anything for them. all you do is criticise. so what stops you from appreciating a fashola that built a bridge (did well)? you are throwing insults but you don't understand a simple explanation grin and you are putting my future kids when you should pity yourself and your parents for your low IQ and the money wasted on your education cheesy

before you start typing jargons again answer this questions

1.) did fashola do well enough to get a 6/10 for what he did in Lagos?

2.) can you give uduaghan, sylva, the orjis, mimiko 4/10 as a score for what they did in their respective states?

3.) if quest 1 is yes and 2 is no. then what stops you from commending the guy that did well even though you feel he can do more?

the basic rule of motivation is that you reward those that are did fairly well so they can improve and do more. that's my point!!!

go school you no greegrin

Please phuck off with your senseless arguments. Im happy you accept that it is rhe responsibility of the government to build infrastructure that will make live easy for the peoole and they do not use their personal money to do it. Whatever daft argument you bring up doesnt concern me anymore. It just shows that you have chosen to remain extremely fooli.sh and a slave all through. People like you justify the reason why some others think slavery is a choice. You have chosen to be a slave and to be annoyingly fooli.sh with no sign of redemption. Go and buy aso ebi and call pasuma when next your governor is commissioning a bus terminal.
Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 9:34am On May 09, 2018
Sagay212:

Please phuck off with your senseless arguments. Im happy you accept that it is rhe responsibility of the government to build infrastructure that will make live easy for the peoole and they do not use their personal money to do it. Whatever daft argument you bring up doesnt concern me anymore. It just shows that you have chosen to remain extremely fooli.sh and a slave all through. People like you justify the reason why some others think slavery is a choice. You have chosen to be a slave and to be annoyingly fooli.sh with no sign of redemption. Go and buy aso ebi and call pasuma when next your governor is commissioning a bus terminal.
illiterate!!! grin of course I agreed it is government responsibility from the beginning. let me give you another example. if you have two sales men working for you. one was able to sell two out of ten cars allocated to him while the other sold six. what do you do? you commend the one that sold six and critique the one that sold two!!! yes it's their responsibility to sell the cars but that doesn't mean you won't commend the high performer.

your children and in for a though time with this upside down mentality because with your mentality you don't know when to commend good performance and motivate the performer. grin

sadist like you

1 Like

Re: How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:42pm On May 09, 2018
Sagay212:

this boy is too dumb. stop making senseless comparisons. I told you already. stop being extremely stupi.d. Don't you have a brain? what daft examples are you giving? are your governors sales people. Use your head. your governors have the available funds to carry out the projects. these MF begged, made promises and lied to air heads like you to get your votes. you voted for them and they are meant to fix every damn sector of the state. good roads, health care, quality education and so on. you phucking governors are constructing bus terminals especially for their BRT business and you think you should roll out drums and aso ebi to celebrate them? the construct a pedestrian bridge or some few kilometre bridge at inflated cost and you think you should praise them? if they don't build bridges, roads, infrastructures in general, what else should they be doing? organising shows, choosing aso ebi and calling pasuma to come entertain numbskulls like you?

Commend ambode/fashola or any other governor for doing what exactly? all of the state roads in lagos are so smooth or the schools are of international standards or the state hospitals are functioning so well that ambode will treat himself or any of his family members there.

you are too stup.id for me to be replying but i have to do it. I have to teach you to understand what government stands for. argue however you want, I am sure you have learnt something no matter how stupi.d you are. you won't just accept because you have been so used to a life of mediocrity and hardship. omo oju o rola ri. na lekki link bridge and bus terminal dey shack your brain. may God deliver you from your foo.lishness.
lol you are irredeemably lost. you need to see a shrink

sadist grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Garrison Flyover Port Harcourt Completed: Pictures & Video / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.