Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos (20611 Views)

20 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Now 131 Confirmed Cases, 2 Deaths / 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by Kakamorufu(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2018
ART and Pmtct straight up
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by sprints1: 10:42am On May 07, 2018
Sluvist:
I won't fvck in Lagos again.
keep deceiving yourself meanwhile u can port to kwara dey are HIV free
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2018
Dearlord:
Just imagine what unfaithfulness has caused them.

This is very devastating, most Lagosian are HIV positive

Both your statements are fallacious.
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by sprints1: 10:45am On May 07, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Whenever u go get condom some idiots do think u want to Bleep an Olosho or a girlfriend u didn't trust or love deeply.....
true talk...sad truth...no lie there...na the mindset be that...I wear Nigerian Minds need brain reset I wear we need to reset the way we reason

1 Like

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by sprints1: 10:51am On May 07, 2018
if I get power ehn I for don save all this bullshit by killing all the HIV positive people in the country or perhaps put them in isolation as lab rabbits then after still kill them then at the airport screen immigrants to be sure they are not infected if detected na deportation straight... the ecosystem needs to be preserved we can't jeopardize human existence over sympathy for "alaigboros"
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by Ellabae(f): 10:57am On May 07, 2018
Sluvist:

Which one is safe sex again, after a spouse got it from somewhere into your matrimonial bed. Can you even dare tell your husband to use protection?
Good morning. I was talking about the unmarried people. As for the married people I think they need to be faithful
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by olatbs(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2018
if dis is true then i need to go to my village and look for a girlfriend first ooo..
infact, lemme jst finnish dis weed den i think of going...
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by supereagle(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2018
TheAngry1:
Truth is, Nigerians do not use condoms. I recall the look I got from a deranged woman in a Lagos store when I asked for varieties of condoms so that I could choose the best one, the woman (an SU) looked at me like a hell-bound reprobate infidel. Even as a full-blown adult, I felt insulted and embarrassed, now imagine what our teenagers go through. We are arguably the world's most hypocritical nation, that's why we thronged churches on Sundays and spread HIV during the week. #Condomise

You are seen as a sexual pervert when you go to by rubber in the store.

1 Like

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by TheAngry1: 11:56am On May 07, 2018
supereagle:

You are seen as a sexual pervert when you go to by rubber in the store.

Sadly true!
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by mechanics(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2018
Wow, person has to zip up for Lagos o.

1 Like

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by James4424: 2:02pm On May 07, 2018
TheAngry1:
Truth is, Nigerians do not use condoms. I recall the look I got from a deranged woman in a Lagos store when I asked for varieties of condoms so that I could choose the best one, the woman (an SU) looked at me like a hell-bound reprobate infidel. Even as a full-blown adult, I felt insulted and embarrassed, now imagine what our teenagers go through. We are arguably the world's most hypocritical nation, that's why we thronged churches on Sundays and spread HIV during the week. #Condomise

I'd call it `stereotype` instead . its not about us been hypocrites. Its about the bad name and stigma that comes from condoms every country has this stigma. That shouldn't stop one from using a condom.
Next time go to the store an avoid embarrassment . its inevitable for now .
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by James4424: 2:04pm On May 07, 2018
TheAngry1:

If you were bold enough to ask for varieties to choose from then embarrassment shouldn't be your concern.
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by James4424: 2:08pm On May 07, 2018
sprints1:
if I get power ehn I for don save all this bullshit by killing all the HIV positive people in the country or perhaps put them in isolation as lab rabbits then after still kill them then at the airport screen immigrants to be sure they are not infected if detected na deportation straight... the ecosystem needs to be preserved we can't jeopardize human existence over sympathy for "alaigboros"

Hmm I can bet say an this guy fu*k pass. This life nawa oo , see talk sha .
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by dasparrow: 2:22pm On May 07, 2018
TheAngry1:

Ain't that the truth. And to add to what you have rightly said, many Nigerian married people sleep around. They don't stay faithful to their spouses. That is why I have always said that I have no respect for married Nigerians because they are married yet cannot respect the marital vows they took.

Also, a lot of married Nigerian women don't realise that a wedding ring will not protect them from sexually transmitted diseases if they are married to a man whose dick is community property. Most Nigerians have risky sexual behaviour. Have sex with them at your own risk.

My older sister told me back then that when she was pregnant, she went for prenatal. And the hospital ran HIV test on all the pregnant women. 90% of the pregnant women tested positive for HIV. They were crying hysterically when they got their results. This happened in Abuja by the way.

Lastly, I have long realised that Nigerians are religious but not godly. Most have no respect for God that is why Nigeria is such a mess of a country today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by dasparrow: 2:36pm On May 07, 2018
Sluvist:

Which one is safe sex again, after a spouse got it from somewhere into your matrimonial bed. Can you even dare tell your husband to use protection?

If you are married to an unrepentant cheat who constantly sleeps with several women, then it is best to separate until the person gets their act together regardless of what hypocritical Nigerian society wants to say. This is because once you have HIV/AIDS, the same Nigerians telling you to stay in a marriage where chronic infidelity is the order of the day will be the same people who will abandon you and will have nothing more to do with you.

Most Nigerians tend to speak from both ends of their mouth. Can't trust them. Even the bible permits divorce when chronic infidelity goes on in the marriage. It is downright foolishness to keep offering your body to a spouse who sleeps around with other people. I liken it to sharing your bed with a tick and flea infested dog. It is only a matter of time before you the human will have tick and flea crawling on you too. Let's be wise as a serpent.
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by TheAngry1: 2:50pm On May 07, 2018
James4424:

If you were bold enough to ask for varieties to choose from then embarrassment shouldn't be your concern.

Yeah, you are right. By the way, I still got my condoms...and...you know the rest grin grin grin
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 07, 2018
With this stats, just imagine how many non-pregnant are infected who are not tested. Imagine how many oloshos, how many runz girls, how many ashanas, how many hook-upers, are infected.
The ratio is 1person out of 3people are infected in Lag.

1 Like

Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by Skmoda(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2018
so wetin I go con do now?
Re: 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos by Buffalowings3(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2018
ShyCypher:
Ehn?!

You say wetin? I thought HIV has been eradicated?

Anyway, as a Vaseline Crew Alumni, this does not concern us as vaseline cannot cheat nor infect us.

My people are safe. grin
This is the only way cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / Tooth Extraction / Governor Zulum Suspends All Hospital Staff For Abandoning Patients In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.