Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (97668 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by chigo4u: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Cost of living nullified Norway. Lack of job opportunities in the offline sector considering if i want to move my siblings and also difficult to get permanent residence.
Amazon drop shipping is OK.

The best places will be availability of job opportunity, average weather, easy availability of credit to international students and possibly English speaking country.
USA, Australia tick all boxes here.
How about Canada. I also earn online full time so my purpose of traveling is to earn some degree and settle down permanently
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Glink2018(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
Is she in Nigeria presently?
Come back to Nigeria , tear your travel int'l passport and then come and narrate your ordeal to us.

But on a flip side, I can't imagine myself collecting good salary here in Nigeria and I will want to decide to relocate...Neva. I can just go there for visiting..

But in case you didn't get any reasonable job in your fatherland, it's not a crime to look elsewhere...

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Glink2018(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
Benekruku:
My sincere advice would be that , if you earning above 2500USD in Nigeria, Please forget relocation. it's a set back.

And that major reasons why people are relocating,
Presently, I serve in a federal government job.
Imagine how much level 10 will be earning as a salary compare it to the 2500USD.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Trustme2(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
Glink2018:

And that major reasons why people are relocating,
Presently, I serve in a federal government job.
Imagine how much level 10 will be earning as a salary compare it to the 2500USD.
You'll get to level 10 after 9years and your salary can't be more than 200k max. Such a hopeless country to work and earn a leaving. Minimum wage increase promised by this government never get head uptil now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
chigo4u:

How about Canada. I also earn online full time so my purpose of traveling is to earn some degree and settle down permanently
Too cold for my liking

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by chigo4u: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Too cold for my liking
Ok, last thing. apart from the cold, which would you choose between Australia and Canada economically, for someone going to settle. Seems youve done some research on this
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 10, 2018
chigo4u:

Ok, last thing. apart from the cold, which would you choose between Australia and Canada economically, for someone going to settle. Seems youve done some research on this
Australia or USA. Family will be much better in Australia due to plenty job opportunities, healthcare and high wages but the USA will be better for someone who is single and tech savy.

For example; someone with an eccomerce store may be better in the USA due to lower cost of living and availability of more credit facility meaning your earnings will go much farther. If you are the type that wants desk jobs, Australia will be much better due to higher wages.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 10, 2018
fairfora:
He's here and active on NL. Maybe you should ask him lol. If Linda Ikeji, a blogger could live on banana island and own exotic cars, you can imagine what Seun could be worth today with the viable adds on his homepage almost on each thread. If not the humility of Seun, the whole world would have noticed him. I became one of the beneficiaries to the adds ...the one on eagles jersey adevertised here. The first time I called the company, the line was engaged foe over 5 minutes which also means the company is busy attending to customers all over the world because nairaland is a global online forum. Some reputable embassies and entrepreneurs are here live, including $y humble self. Many say Linda gets money from sugar daddies. They are too blind to see how much a blogger could make by directing traffic to her blog. As people visit, they see adverts and patronise the company. Linda makes money on a daily basis through adds. I hope our people would stop doing yes sir someday, to those oyinbos out there, who are supposed to be hired as contract employees to manage their companies in Nigeria

Linda Ikeji makes money from sugar daddies

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Gamesmart:

So, according to you, you make $5,200 every month after tax.

To make this, you said you work 2 jobs in which you work 16 hours a day.

For you to make that kind of money, surely you work in a big city.

So your rent cannot be less than $800 per month, if not far more.

What about council taxes?

What about utility bills?

What about transportation costs to get to work? Abi you live on top of your work place?

If you are working 16 hours a day, then surely you have to eat out. So it would be almost impossible not to spend at least $20 to feed yourself every day. That is at least $400 every month.

You don't have a mobile phone?

You don't have internet connection at home you have to pay for?

You don't send any money home to family and loved ones?

Now, how do you claim you able to save $4,000 every month after all these? Please explain.

You're still Ind doubt. Oga said he has nothing to prove to you, even after he was forced to do what he normally doesn't do.

Like he said, YOU HAVE YOUR OPINIONS, HE HAS HIS SAVINGS. Let the young man hustle in peace
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I am not an advocate for leaving a comfortable life in Nigeria and coming here to Canada, it's a matter of choice. Assuming I was working as a full staff in Shell, I would not even consider leaving. Imagine working in a multinational, you do all the work, write all the reports and somebody else takes the glory and uses it for thier promotion, just because you are a contract Staff and they are full staff it's disheartening. And then your boss tells you that it is easier to employ a new person as a full staff than to convert you from a contract Staff to full staff when you are the one that knows all the stuff.
My pay was 400k naira a month in Shell without any benefits and a fresh graduate who is a full staff that I am showing the ropes is been paid 1.3 million naira and getting all the benefits. It's not really a good feeling. So I am happy being in Canada earning a good pay, and funny enough the company I work as a security guard has also promised me a job as a Network security engineer when I am done with my masters degree. This is the kind of hope you get here.
The secret is simple, no matter the job you are doing here, work as though there is no God and pray as though there is only God.

Well done bud. You made the better choice

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Gamesmart: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2018
greyham:

You're still Ind doubt. Oga said he has nothing to prove to you, even after he was forced to do what he normally doesn't do.

Like he said, YOU HAVE YOUR OPINIONS, HE HAS HIS SAVINGS. Let the young man hustle in peace

Yes, he is hustling in Idi Araba while fantasising he is in Canada!

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Gamesmart: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2018
greyham:

Well done bud. You made the better choice

You believe the lying fool?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by mclenny14: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I am not an advocate for leaving a comfortable life in Nigeria and coming here to Canada, it's a matter of choice. Assuming I was working as a full staff in Shell, I would not even consider leaving. Imagine working in a multinational, you do all the work, write all the reports and somebody else takes the glory and uses it for thier promotion, just because you are a contract Staff and they are full staff it's disheartening. And then your boss tells you that it is easier to employ a new person as a full staff than to convert you from a contract Staff to full staff when you are the one that knows all the stuff.
My pay was 400k naira a month in Shell without any benefits and a fresh graduate who is a full staff that I am showing the ropes is been paid 1.3 million naira and getting all the benefits. It's not really a good feeling. So I am happy being in Canada earning a good pay, and funny enough the company I work as a security guard has also promised me a job as a Network security engineer when I am done with my masters degree. This is the kind of hope you get here.
The secret is simple, no matter the job you are doing here, work as though there is no God and pray as though there is only God.
baba can you list skills one need to survive there, i like your resilience and conviction
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Canterbury: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
Please house am applying for a diploma program but I was asked to notarize my documents, please can someone put me through on this, especially for that of transcript which my school can't give me directly. What do I do.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by engrjoe2(m): 10:32am On Nov 27, 2018
My dear, you need to notarize all your documents but send a mail to the admissions officer and tell them that the transcripts will be sent directly from your school
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by engrjoe2(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2018
Folks, I have learnt a lot from this tread though I started following it recently. Thanks to @Obi4gboy and @greyham for their contributions.

The good news I want to share is that I've gotten a Canadian visa after a long wait and I'd like to ask experienced Nigerians and others in Canada reading this thread few questions before I travel.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by engrjoe2(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Tonymansupanova:
Lol what a thread. Quiet deceitfully for someone who hasn't done enough research to know that Canada is not beans, but with hard work and a bit of re-education (2years max) , and networking, you can live free and happy for the rest of your life. So what if you flip burgers or wait tables in the interim? As long as you develop yourself and build up your skillset in whatever professional you had previously, you should be able to make something of your life. Its not hard, but its not so easy either. 2, sometimes, 3 jobs, but eventually you can get the much needed "Canadian work experience" which most employers in your field might require. A further advice for those recent graduates considering this move, learn a trade, examples are, pipefitting, long distance truck driving, carpentry, mechanic even, they get paid a lot in Canada. Its not always about "white collar job" Imagine a carpenter earning more than a full shell staff. That's a reality over here. Work on yourself. And change your mindset about your so called hard earned degrees and experience, they don't mean anything because you got them in a shithole country. All the best to all involved eh.

Thank you so much for this
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Ugosample(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
engrjoe2:
Folks, I have learnt a lot from this tread though I started following it recently. Thanks to @Obi4gboy and @greyham for their contributions.

The good news I want to share is that I've gotten a Canadian visa after a long wait and I'd like to ask experienced Nigerians and others in Canada reading this thread few questions before I travel.

Thanks.

Congratulations

You have also escaped the $hithole cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
engrjoe2:

Thanks.

You're welcome cheesy
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by salford: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
engrjoe2:

Thanks.
what type of visa though? so that you can get the right information.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by ahiboilandgas: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2018
salford:

what type of visa though? so that you can get the right information.
hello pls want to make an enquire on who has the best chances in getting pr 1 hubby 36 working as a logistic manager with 3 years expirence in this capacity and hold an mba degree while spouse 34 work for the federal govt of Nigeria with 10 years work expirence currently on grade 12 with master degree too .who has better chances of getting pr ,are logistic job lucrative in Canada.....settlement fund is not problem ,currently earning around 800 k per month combine (hubby and wifey)
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by salford1: 10:30am On Nov 28, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
hello pls want to make an enquire on who has the best chances in getting pr 1 hubby 36 working as a logistic manager with 3 years expirence in this capacity and hold an mba degree while spouse 34 work for the federal govt of Nigeria with 10 years work expirence currently on grade 12 with master degree too .who has better chances of getting pr ,are logistic job lucrative in Canada.....settlement fund is not problem ,currently earning around 800 k per month combine (hubby and wifey)
You would have to ask your question on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/109

I can't tell if logistics jobs are lucrative. I do not know much about that industry.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by iykepaddy: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
opebiboy:
You are a clown. 80% of Canadian can't even save up $4,000 in 12 months. Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible. People must be mumu for others to brainwash so you have a market.

Your statement is very far from the truth. I wotk remotely as a freelance writer and most of my clients are in the US. I make well over $4k per month, I'm pretty confident that if I am in US, I'll make more. So you saying people abroad struggle to make $4k, that's a lie. I'm currently in Nigeria and will be leaving for Canada in a few days and I'm super excited about it.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
iykepaddy:

Your statement is very far from the truth. I wotk remotely as a freelance writer and most of my clients are in the US. I make well over $4k per month, I'm pretty confident that if I am in US, I'll make more. So you saying people abroad struggle to make $4k, that's a lie. I'm currently in Nigeria and will be leaving for Canada in a few days and I'm super excited about it.
You should ask whats the average income in Canada? and whats the average cost of living? By the time, you check the difference, the other poster may be right.

In other news, $4,000 in Nigeria will be like having over $12,000 in Canada considering cost of living, etc. If you move, make use of the credit facilities over there to maximise your income through other means. In my opinion, freelancers are better in low income areas compared to High income countries. Thats why you see many Brits and other Northern European freelancers move to Spain, Hungary, Greece, Southern Europe to live to maximise their income.
Congrats on your journey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by addictiv(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2018
Obi4gboy:
More grease to your elbows... Do you have any previous ICT, Network, IT security experience or certifications ? Whats your Msc course of study?
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by kennius(m): 3:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Na una know. I'm leaving this country the first chance I get without looking back. Please if any can enlighten or help a brother on his quest, let me know please.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Lmaomen1(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2019
engrjoe2:

Thanks.
You'd better come to Canada, because you can easily get a visa to visit Canada. I came from Kenya to Canada myself, and I am very glad that I did so, because it's really safe here. Moreover, I quickly got a visa smiley There are a lot of beautiful places in Canada. Personally, I travel alone, because it's not a problem for me, because I won't get lost due to the fact that I use the site with [url=pecdirectory.com]picton ontario restaurants[/url], where I find good restaurants, hotels, bars and places of interest in different cities of Canada and you know what? I am very pleased that every week I go to a new city, because I meet good people and have a good time in restaurants )
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by goodspeed963(m): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lmaomen1:

You'd better come to Canada, because you can easily get a visa to visit Canada. I came from Kenya to Canada myself, and I am very glad that I did so, because it's really safe here. Moreover, I quickly got a visa smiley There are a lot of beautiful places in Canada. Personally, I travel alone, because it's not a problem for me, because I won't get lost due to the fact that I use the site with [url=pecdirectory.com]picton ontario restaurants[/url], where I find good restaurants, hotels, bars and places of interest in different cities of Canada and you know what? I am very pleased that every week I go to a new city, because I meet good people and have a good time in restaurants )
hmm interesting site. thx for sharing
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Bolanleolojede6: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello guys, I have a sister working presently in the bank on 2years contract base, please what are the steps to take if she want to travel to Canada before the end of the contract?... Pls I will prefer you PC me on my whatsap number 08160874775, I will be expecting message from you guys

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Bolanleolojede6: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2019
You guys should please respond to my above request

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by onyexx: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Bolanleolojede6:
You guys should please respond to my above request

There is a Canadian express entry thread...search for it, it has the answers you are looking for

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.