Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (97721 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2018
opebiboy:
You are a clown. 80% of Canadian can't even save up $4,000 in 12 months. Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible. People must be mumu for others to brainwash so you have a market.
so tell me the amount of money an average Canadian immigrants save in a year. explain more. thanks.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by omoayeni1(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2018
chrisjohn234:
And people back in Nigeria haven't built houses? The percentage of houses built by Nigerians in diaspora is not up to 3%.

Yes Chris you are not among of people am talking to so far you have building house and do good in Nigeria, peace be unto you
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Firgemachar: 11:36am On May 07, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I understand you my brother, but it's not in my place to prove anything to you. The fact you can't do something does not make it impossible, and no need for insults. You have your opinions, I have my savings. I don't normally do this but, I am gonna show my paystubs for the last few weeks from one of my jobs, just so hardworking young people will know it's possible. I get paid every week, the pay varies cos I do overtime some weeks. This is my pay after tax. For my other job, I get an average of $600 a week. All I am saying is that it is possible. I get an average of $1300 a week after tax from both my jobs, so are you telling me I can't save $4000, when I am alone here. The second picture also shows my earnings from the beginning of the year till now and tax paid. And this is just from one of my jobs. So please brother, don't be too quick to insults, if you are diligent, it is possible.

$1300 is peanuts for somebody living abroad.
It only makes sense when converted to Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2018
omoayeni1:
My bro and sister don’t answer those people sending messages across to you,they have build houses and do good things back home they will just send messages to discourage you people not to come there, please if you get your own visa go and do good also, that is how they almost stop me from starting a new life here,if you want me to write something too you will never come here.may peace be with you all
amen, thanks for your prayers. there are even scholarship abound over there for kids and adults. you have already nailed it at the head. The so called some second citizens Nigerians are all over there doing great exploit, but will be always discouraging alot of vibrant people that want better life for them. some of them are building mansions in their various villages and communities.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 11:40am On May 07, 2018
One great disadvantage of travelling and lacking focus is when u travel the illegal way.

I'm yet to see anybody who has the correct papers abroad who didn't sit up in two yrs time. Unless that person don't know management culture and savings.
So stop discouraging people that want to try their lucks outside Nigeria.
If u are in Nigeria and things are working very well with u and u are happy with it,rejoice but leave the rest that don't want. Flexibility is a spice of life too. Let them try and see which one is better for them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by rs172(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2018
Trustme2:
The current unemployment rates for each province/territory, in addition to the national unemployment rate, do not take into account the
labour shortages that will occur due to Canada's low birth rate and aging population.
The summer of 2020 will see the unemployment rate in Canada drop to nearly zero percent as young workers entering the workforce fail to keep up with the elderly workers retiring by the thousands. Ontario, for example, will see 190,000 job positions go unfilled.[11] Canada will have as many as 1.8 million jobs without the right quality of people to apply for them by 2030.
This will put Canada in a "severe labour shortage" situations; and desperate measures like hiring foreign workers for one year at a time and re-educating unskilled workers into skilled workers will be the agenda for most companies during this era. [12]
( I SAW THIS SOMEWHERE AND decided TO SHARE)

understand how patriotic you are and how you believe staying in Nigeria and setting up your own business with money, becoming a landlord, etc. is better than being abroad, that is fine. It's clear where your priorities lie and what you see as a fulfilled life. To each his own.

Without being condescending, it seems you have absolutely NO idea why people seek greener pastures to developed countries. You converted 8k euros to 4m Naira and because it's in millions, you think it's a fortune? Not everyone wants to be a landlord in Ikorodu, Epe or Sango (No disrespect to people who live there). 

Nigeria is a failed state. Do you know how many death-traps they import into Nigeria as salvaged cars that people drive on the roads? Do you know how many illegal drugs are on the market because the "owners" bribed their way through the agencies supposed to control these? God forbid your daughter goes to a rich man's son's house, gets raped and you want justice. 

Which land can 4m Naira buy? Lol. How many Old people are suffering because there is no system in place for them for life after retirement? That's even if they lived a worthy life before retirement. The state of unhealthy foods in Nigerian restaurants with no regulations in place? The smoke you inhale every day from horrible buses and cars that should never be on the roads!

My God, if we start talking about reasons to leave Nigeria, I'll be 95 before I stop. What business if I may ask can you set up in Nigeria with 4m Naira? (Please don't talk about open a sports betting shop/importing goods from dubai, selling oil, rice, garri and those 16th century business ideas). Do you know how many people have invested and failed, with customers owing them all over? You can't even track a customer down, sue to court to get your money back, etc. 

You shouldn't compare a working system to a non-existent system. I'd choose life here in the U.S with NO savings but a roof over my head in a rented apartment, my kids in school, food on my table, etc., over living in even Lekki as a landlord and being at the mercy of a failed country and leaders. 

Good lord, educate yourself! Do you know it's illegal for your kids to not go to school? The average American kid goes to school!!! Can read AND write. You constantly have to prove you're fit to be a parent else you lose custody of your kids. How many kids are in Makoko, suffering and have no idea what the future holds? 

Don't get me started. "People are overseas for 20 years but don't have even a room here" . How is this a yardstick to measure a fulfilled life? Some people in Nigeria have never even seen a dishwasher/washer/drier before. Many think using them is "Lazy", haha... basic things that make life easy. I'll just leave you to your mindset.

Again, your reasons for deciding to stay is best known to you. Don't let blind patriotism cloud your good judgment. 

Finally, you have absolutely no clue how WORTHLESS the Nigerian passport is. As they always say, a good name is better than gold and silver. Get into a fight with any Foreigner (American/European for example) in that Nigeria of yours and let your police judge the matter. You'll know how useless the country is. (Copied)

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2018
chrisjohn234:
And people back in Nigeria haven't built houses? The percentage of houses built by Nigerians in diaspora is not up to 3%.
A big fat lie, Abeg where do you heard that one from? is it not in this nation when cbn has rate the high contributions of diaspora in the economy of Nigeria. some of them build industries, estates, mansions and hospitals.get your fact before you post another lie here please.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Obi4gboy: 11:46am On May 07, 2018
It might seem like peanuts to you but $1300 a week in Canada after taxes is almost 7500 a month before taxes. Trust me you can live very well on this, especially if you have no debts.
Firgemachar:

$1300 is peanuts for somebody living abroad.
It only makes sense when converted to Naira.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 11:46am On May 07, 2018
yemi15:

Right about that area of expertise, but why do you need that when you can work simple jobs and still pay your bills and even have little left to save? This is why you should learn things like plumbing, forklift driving, welding, barbing and hairdressing to earn the mega bucks.

Coming from someone who stayed in Canada for 5 years, a place where things work, little to no racism, strict gun laws and what have you.

If I had the chance to go back to Canada, I would in a heartbeat!

You can never starve in Canada as long as you are not lazy!

My 2 cents.
thanks jare, you experience the reality over there. not a shithole Nigerians that encourage racism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by manikspears: 11:54am On May 07, 2018
johnnyvid:
A big fat lie, Abeg where do you heard that one from? is it not in this nation when cbn has rate the high contributions of diaspora in the economy of Nigeria. some of them build industries, estates, mansions and hospitals.get your fact before you post another lie here please.
allow the goat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Funkybabee(f): 11:56am On May 07, 2018
Nonsense,there is no place in this world even Nigeria that you won't have to struggle before u can make it or get a decent job shey na every graduates have opportunity to work with a standard company after graduation ni,most of them stuggle some even collect 30k before they have opportunity in chevron naa..you can't expect everything to go well..

You have to struggle and pray make village people don't have eyes on u and most things is about luck,some may graduate today and get a well paying job quickly while others may still be struggling with low pay until years after..

It's normal to know culture of a new city before achieving big

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2018
onatisi:

what many dont understand is when you are in these so called countries and you are suffering but focused ,determined hard working then you have hope of a better future .
in nigeria it is totally the opposite ,people are suffering , determined but yet have no hope of a better tomorrow , and that is why religious bodies are taking advantage of the situation by telling people that if they can submit their monies to them then their tomorrow is secured .
in a system where the system works, you know that one day your sufferings shall end and you will reap the fruits of your labor but in naija to the average man there is no tree sef not to talk of fruits of labour . a country where people are been 10 months salary to 6 months.
it was when i left Nigeria that i realized something and ever since i have been following it and that is " WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES DIFFICULT ,ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE BUT WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES EASY THEN ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES POSSIBLE AND REALIZABLE

very true, thanks for your reply.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by chukzyfcbb: 12:03pm On May 07, 2018
Thank God she didn't talk about work after study.

What I know is, if you visit Canada, USA, Australia to study and work thereafter. if you don't make it, you are cursed!

I am yet to see anybody who studied in these 3 countries and worked legally in their profession and didn't make it.

Yes skilled workers from nigeria could be reduced to shit over there because our Kevel of education is pisspoor.

But if you study there. o boy you must make am.
just get the PR(permanent resident) , study a course that's highly in demand and YOU MUST BLOW!!!

Say you go abroad for Masters in Information security in Canada, come add professional certfs like CCIE sec, CEH, oooo boy you go dey earn 6 figures clean!!!!!

If you wan go Yankee just to go hustle or say u dey come with skills be prepared to suffer!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by chukzyfcbb: 12:09pm On May 07, 2018
johnnyvid:
don't mind that guy. he should just enter the Nairaland properties section, and see the guys in diaspora sending money to our Nairaland Engrs to build homes for them.

world bank reports that Nigerians in diaspora been remitting 20billoon dollars annually, the highest I'm Africa and one of the highest in the world...If not for their success abroad, our exchange rate for don cast!

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2018
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH OVERSEAS TRAVEL IS WHEN YOU DONT TRAVEL LEGALLY

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by peacengine(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I see post like this and I wonder. There is no first world country that you immigrate too, that you won't succeed if you work hard and are ready to know what works. I am a graduate and used to work as a contract Staff in Shell portharcourt on a Salary of 400k a month, but I left for Canada in 2016. It wasn't rosy at first, especially getting a job in my area, so I decided to dump my career for a while and I started working as a security guard in late 2017.
I was able to get 2 jobs as a security guard and right now after paying my rent, car payments and other expenses I still save $4000 a month, but mind you I work 16 hours a day, though one of my jobs is just for me to go there and sleep. You have to know why you are here, and try not to be carried away. I am working as a security guard while studying and Saving to get into Harvard Extension School next year for my masters degree. Here you have to use what you can get to get what you want. So you can actually make it, just be very diligent and focused.

O boy, you mean you work as a security guard? Isn't this 21st century slave trade. You were given dignity here but chose to trade it for what I don't know. More power to your elbow my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by drakeli: 12:13pm On May 07, 2018
If anyone is painting Canada is tough for you but she herself remains there. Never packed her bags and relocate back to Nigeria and you are listening to her. Well...I don’t wanna say then that you are the fool.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I understand you my brother, but it's not in my place to prove anything to you. The fact you can't do something does not make it impossible, and no need for insults. You have your opinions, I have my savings. I don't normally do this but, I am gonna show my paystubs for the last few weeks from one of my jobs, just so hardworking young people will know it's possible. I get paid every week, the pay varies cos I do overtime some weeks. This is my pay after tax. For my other job, I get an average of $600 a week. All I am saying is that it is possible. I get an average of $1300 a week after tax from both my jobs, so are you telling me I can't save $4000, when I am alone here. The second picture also shows my earnings from the beginning of the year till now and tax paid. And this is just from one of my jobs. So please brother, don't be too quick to insults, if you are diligent, it is possible.
God bless you brother, you have win it more. you are even given me more hope and other people that still love to migrate from this shithole nation. thanks for showing him that you earn that kind of amount. really hard work and honesty pays. thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2018
Firgemachar:

This piece is for those doing fairly well in Nigeria but foolishly decided to seek a better life abroad by starting all over again.
Alas, they became worse off...
I totally disagree with you, that's for those that doesn't have a purpose. at least you can see a brother that's a security guard that's earning that kind of money per month. so please be positive.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by peacengine(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2018
johnnyvid:
I don't believe what you just now. it's the work of village people that caused stagnant to human lives abroad. you can't go to Canada and Germany without fulfilling the purpose of your destiny. lives are more appreciated over there.

Is your destiny manual laborer work? See graduates doing Uber, security, washing plate, washing people's yanch and you call that destiny fulfilment? O boy, you de fall hand sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by drakeli: 12:21pm On May 07, 2018
peacengine:

Is your destiny manual laborer work? See graduates doing Uber, security, washing plate, washing people's yanch and you call that destiny fulfilment? O boy, you de fall hand sha
Dont worry. It’s your likes that beg those people for money on Facebook and when they visit Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 07, 2018
zionmede:
there are lots of opportunities in Nigeria
There is no place like. its just that most people love hitting the jackpot from a rest point without going out of their comfort zone to hustle.
U see a graduate, 5yrs after graduation, no job, no handwork, no skill just going and waiting for multi nationals to employ him. I know a graduate of engineering who makes a lot of money as a carpenter. he has never used his certificate for once. Yet he has worked for multinationals as a carpenter.
The best place to make ur money and enjoy ur money is in ur country where u are supposed to have full rights as a citizen.

This s false right now every otehr county s better thn Nigeria.

Funny thing is two of my.fiemds talk just like you because they were both deported ,.thise of us who can travel and o so without hassles tell the truth

Let me.say it here every country is better than Nigeria right now. You have more opportunities and avaible.markets outside , their currency has more value and your family will live a better life over all.

Now who knows if Nigeria gets a new.president and the economy picks up in future things 2ill.change but for now please do not be deceived alot of people who talk like.this a deported individuals.

I was in the states last month and.will be again in September, I have stayed in United kimdgom , syndey in Australia and to be honest Nigeria is a dump ,.there's no sort of.comparison at all
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 07, 2018
Shalomc:

It is better to stay and fight. Men suffer more in CA. When the power changes hands.... And the system ensures that. So to men who are fighting tooth and nail to get your woman down there... Just note that you maybe ending your own life aspirations and dying before death comes... Definitely your life terminates and you start nursing the lives of your kids.

Eventually the mental effects starts manifesting...life is meaningless without dreams and aspirations.

You sound just like.my friend Jane who was deported from the United kingdom for fraud , nabbed for £3000 fraud now sue goes every in Nigeria spreading the word how good nifria is ac how bad other countries are. Off course we who know the real.story understand..

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by oluwaahmed: 12:27pm On May 07, 2018
musicwriter:
Once Africans understand slavery never ends but is in evolution, nobody would give up their jobs to go live in Canada. The West needs cheap professional work force from third world countries, and they know how to get it.

Exactly! The truth is that there is very little professional work in Canada for landed immigrants. U will find out that most skilled immigrants do work like dish washing, uber etc after spending so much going there. It's pathetic bcoz the money used in migrating could have been used for a viable biz. Canadian employers would not employ you if u don't have Canadian work experience. So how do u get Canadian work experience in Nigeria? They won't tell u these things till u come. Lucky people who get jobs are IT guys and guys in medical profession all others should get ready to wash plates and other jobs Mexicans would have done if they shared borders. Rather people shd go to Australia it's better there.

What the Canadian govt is doing is simple. Get professional migrants to do unskilled work, encourage their own people to acquire more education so as to fill up the skilled labor gap. They achieve two things by doing this.
1 - all their workforce is educated with immigrants manning the lowest social ladder. Educated people on the lowest social ladder = Low crime rate, low rebellion and general acceptability of whatever govt policies are passed (Nigeria is a great example).

2- GDP will go off the roof if almost all workers in the various skill category are skilled workers.

12 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by bimgo: 12:35pm On May 07, 2018
@Pamela are you sure your brain is not malfunctioning? Please come back to shithole country.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

don't mind that guy. he should just enter the Nairaland properties section, and see the guys in diaspora sending money to our Nairaland Engrs to build homes for them.

world bank reports that Nigerians in diaspora been remitting 20billoon dollars annually, the highest I'm Africa and one of the highest in the world...If not for their success abroad, our exchange rate for don cast!
very true. thanks for your reply.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by ernecy(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Even she comes back you no go believe, my friend is a Canadian citizen living in Nigeria, even if he tells you all this one on one you will still doubt him.
bro, pls are u saying that you are enjoying the state of this nation. If she comes na she go use her hand run back. But am not saying it's not possible, if I hv a good paying job or business that's is allow to thrive, why will I want to go to Canada, well it is what it is, majority will go with me on this one
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by emelda86(f): 12:42pm On May 07, 2018
My heart is doing me somehow,,,how can she say such after I've submitted my passport & information's abeg o...Canada better pass naija by far if I reach there I go work 18hours as an Igbo blood wey I be I rebuke every false news about Canada in Jesus name Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by ernecy(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2018
Lakeside79:

You sound just like.my friend Jane who was deported from the United kingdom for fraud , nabbed for £3000 fraud now sue goes every in Nigeria spreading the word how good nifria is ac how bad other countries are. Off course we who know the real.story understand..
my bro, on point

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2018
peacengine:

but most of them are saving up to $4000 per month. you just have to change your mindset OK. some of them do that job and still build mansions in Nigeria. you just have to get your priority right. some will even apply to more jobs while hustling that way. be positive OK.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by johnnyvid(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2018
Lakeside79:

This s false right now every otehr county s better thn Nigeria.

Funny thing is two of my.fiemds talk just like you because they were both deported ,.thise of us who can travel and o so without hassles tell the truth

Let me.say it here every country is better than Nigeria right now. You have more opportunities and avaible.markets outside , their currency has more value and your family will live a better life over all.

Now who knows if Nigeria gets a new.president and the economy picks up in future things 2ill.change but for now please do not be deceived alot of people who talk like.this a deported individuals.

I was in the states last month and.will be again in September, I have stayed in United kimdgom , syndey in Australia and to be honest Nigeria is a dump ,.there's no sort of.comparison at all
lol trump called it shithole country which is very true.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by ernecy(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2018
Riversides2003:

Op is talking pooooo.Canada is a land of opportunities I swear. If u are lucky to get a resident visa not as a refugee, you will eat the good of the land. Maybe op na asylum seeker.
na her story be that, me wey they scheme how to enter, she just they tell me something wey they sound like motor. Na so them go they Canada they flex, but no want make we no come. Na which kind stinginess be this sef? ..is it they country??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.