Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (86339 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks To Fence 100 By 100 / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
Opeoluwaadewole:
How many blocks will be needed to fence 600sqm of land.
Also I want a quotation for putting up a fence on 600sqm with 600mm raft foundation.

Kindly let us know the proposed height of your fence, from which we can deduct 600mm which is the reinforced concrete section considering the depth or with an assumption that all the 600mm is a substructure, then we can calculate the block section.
The Cubic Meter(Cum)of concrete would be used to tell you tonnage of cement or number of bags, granites, and sand.
Marine board or facial board, reinforcement(rod) would also be detailed for you.
Kindly refer to our signature below for a better service.
Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by maxnedu11(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
EngrOYemi:

Thank you Sir.
We hope to do more but our schedule has really been tight.
More strength to you sir, if you need a hand I am all yours, contact asap at least for the experience sake.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2018
maxnedu11:

More strength to you sir, if you need a hand I am all yours, contact asap at least for the experience sake.
Thank you Maxwell. We are always happy when colleagues from the built environment appreciates or acknowledge this little work of ours.
We are grateful and once again we say thank you Sir.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Yembol: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
Weldone Sir.
More grease to your elbow. We are here waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
Yembol:
Weldone Sir.
More grease to your elbow. We are here waiting for you.
Thank you for the patience. We 're grateful.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
Chai.
We still have so many things pending here.
We will be back soon.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2018
We have been away for too long.
It is time we finish what is pending.
Please bear with us.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2018
Here comes the Almighty Formular for calculating blocks needed in building project.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
This formular does not put to consideration openings. In your best interest, use only for calculating fences, halls, auditoriums, warehouses, etc with little or no openings. It could however be used for calculating partitioned buildings and structures with openings if the above processes are well followed to detail.
Consult professionals for big project to safe your time, energy and avoid errors.

When height of fence, wall or building is given, use:

N = (L/0.475) X (H/0.25) remember to follow BODMAS.

N = Number of blocks unknown
L = Lenght of proposed fence in total
H = Height of wall

When height of fence/building is not given but number of course/coaches is known, use :

N = (L/0.475) X C

N = Number of blocks unknown
L = Lenght of proposed fence in total
C = No of courses/coaches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by kehindesis(m): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
Nice Engryemi you made it easy for me thank

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2018
kehindesis:
Nice Engryemi you made it easy for me thank

You are welcome.
Thank you for the positive feedback.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
We would be uploading a fence floor plan or auditorium floor plan soonest to tackle and conclude block aspect with the above cheat formular.
Keep abreast of updates from us as we draw final conclusion to block aspect.
Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by saintkash(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
[qquote author=EngrOYemi post=67354949]How To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House.
Building a house is the dream of most Nigerians both home and abroad, and one of the fundamental challenges majority of these people are faced with is planning ahead and knowing the quantity of various materials that would be needed to put their dream house to reality. This thread would be dedicated to treating extensively a DIY approach on HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBERS OF BLOCKS AND CEMENTS NEEDED TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE.

Thanks Eng... Please I want your advice here, please is there any disadvantage of using the � triangular type of rod tieing for lintel as against the square tieing?

This DIY(Do It Yourself) approach is not aimed at stopping you from hiring a professional to have a perfect work done, but just to give you an insight on how individual professionals arrives at concluding numbers of quantity of materials required or requested for. This will also help you to know when a particular Engineer, Architect, Builder, Manson, etc are been realistic and not only trying to rip you off your hard earn money.
NB: This is just an eyes opening thread. You might eventually need the help of a professional at the long run for more complex aspects that can’t be treated on this thread.
The First section would be dealing with the block aspect and the numbers of contribution from people and their interest would show how soon the cement aspect would be treated.
We have different types of blocks in vogue in Nigeria and in diverse sizes. We have the solid block (no hole in-between) and we equally have the hollow blocks(the common type you get from block industries in Nigeria with holes in between).
They come in various sizes, 4” or 4inches, 6” or 6inches, 9” or 9inches. We would be treating extensively the 6inches and 9inches because they are in vogue and are majorly used as partitioning walls and external walls respectively. This thread won’t be breaking down the use or importance of individual types of block and sizes but only aimed at addressing quantity.
What does 9”, 6”, and 4” means?
The only physical difference seen in the above sizes of blocks is in their thickness. From experience, the 4”, 6”, and 9” blocks have the same height, and same length.
Check The Free Hand Sketch Picture Below To Get An Idea Of What Am Talking About

Picture 1. [/quote]
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by saintkash(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
[qquote author=EngrOYemi post=67354949]How To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House.
Building a house is the dream of most Nigerians both home and abroad, and one of the fundamental challenges majority of these people are faced with is planning ahead and knowing the quantity of various materials that would be needed to put their dream house to reality. This thread would be dedicated to treating extensively a DIY approach on HOW TO CALCULATE THE NUMBERS OF BLOCKS AND CEMENTS NEEDED TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE.

Thanks Eng... Please I want your advice here, please is there any disadvantage of using the � triangular type of rod tieing for lintel as against the square tieing?

This DIY(Do It Yourself) approach is not aimed at stopping you from hiring a professional to have a perfect work done, but just to give you an insight on how individual professionals arrives at concluding numbers of quantity of materials required or requested for. This will also help you to know when a particular Engineer, Architect, Builder, Manson, etc are been realistic and not only trying to rip you off your hard earn money.
NB: This is just an eyes opening thread. You might eventually need the help of a professional at the long run for more complex aspects that can’t be treated on this thread.
The First section would be dealing with the block aspect and the numbers of contribution from people and their interest would show how soon the cement aspect would be treated.
We have different types of blocks in vogue in Nigeria and in diverse sizes. We have the solid block (no hole in-between) and we equally have the hollow blocks(the common type you get from block industries in Nigeria with holes in between).
They come in various sizes, 4” or 4inches, 6” or 6inches, 9” or 9inches. We would be treating extensively the 6inches and 9inches because they are in vogue and are majorly used as partitioning walls and external walls respectively. This thread won’t be breaking down the use or importance of individual types of block and sizes but only aimed at addressing quantity.
What does 9”, 6”, and 4” means?
The only physical difference seen in the above sizes of blocks is in their thickness. From experience, the 4”, 6”, and 9” blocks have the same height, and same length.
Check The Free Hand Sketch Picture Below To Get An Idea Of What Am Talking About

Picture 1. [/quote]

Thanks Eng... Please I want your advice here, please is there any disadvantage of using the � triangular type of rod tieing for lintel as against the square tieing
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
saintkash:

Thanks Eng... Please I want your advice here, please is there any disadvantage of using the � triangular type of rod tieing for lintel as against the square tieing

Good Question.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2018
saintkash:

I will like you to understand first that lintels could also be a structural member in a building design.
Lintels are most times not heavy load carrier even though they act similarly to beams (roof beam, deck beams, etc)

Their major purpose is to provide an horizontal platform or base for the block work across windows and doors.
Permit me to remind/tell you that lintel could be made of any material(timber, reinforced concrete or steel) depending on the style, span or purpose of design.

If a lintel is a part of the structural member(most times as seen in frame structures), it is important to follow the reinforcement arrangement to detail as it is done by the structural engineer.
It is important to also let you know that the ring spacing/distance is also very important.

The only reason why a triangular ring would be chosen or preferred over a rectangular/square ring is to reduce the numbers of runners from 4 to 3.
e.g from 4Y12 ----> 3Y12 and also drastically reducing the loading in high-rise buildings.

I tried as much as possible to use layman's language in explaining this.

I hope it was a helpful.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
cool
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by saintkash(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2018
EngrOYemi:

I will like you to understand first that lintels could also be a structural member in a building design.
Lintels are most times not heavy load carrier even though they act similarly to beams (roof beam, deck beams, etc)

Their major purpose is to provide an horizontal platform or base for the block work across windows and doors.
Permit me to remind/tell you that lintel could be made of any material(timber, reinforced concrete or steel) depending on the style, span or purpose of design.

If a lintel is a part of the structural member(most times as seen in frame structures), it is important to follow the reinforcement arrangement to detail as it is done by the structural engineer.
It is important to also let you know that the ring spacing/distance is also very important.

The only reason why a triangular ring would be chosen or preferred over a rectangular/square ring is to reduce the numbers of runners from 4 to 3.
e.g from 4Y12 ----> 3Y12.

I tried as much as possible to use layman's language in explaining this.

I hope it was a helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response and I appreciate

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
saintkash:

Thanks for the response and I appreciate

You're most welcome.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
cool
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
Keep abreast of updates from us.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by JustB2018(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Pls help with this sir ...heres my floor plan for a 4bedroom duplex sitting on half plots of land 60 by 60ft.
I only want to do the foundation now, but ll appreciate the least breakdown of expenses for bought the foundation and to the first floor excluding roofing.
*Sands for foundation
*No of blocks 9"
*No of cement
*Minimum workmanship cost
Site location is ijebu ode, ogun state

Pls note dont ve much as i ll be on ground to see for myself and am ordering all materials.Trying to squeeze out and start something lil by lil.
Also i need a very strong foundation to avoid stories that touch (walls giving way etc)

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
JustB2018:
Pls help with this sir ...heres my floor plan for a 4bedroom duplex sitting on half plots of land 60 by 60ft.
I only want to do the foundation now, but ll appreciate the least breakdown of expenses for bought the foundation and to the first floor excluding roofing.
*Sands for foundation
*No of blocks 9"
*No of cement
*Minimum workmanship cost
Site location is ijebu ode, ogun state

Pls note dont ve much as i ll be on ground to see for myself and am ordering all materials.Trying to squeeze out and start something lil by lil.
Also i need a very strong foundation to avoid stories that touch (walls giving way etc)

This is actually only the architectural floor plan sent to us. It will be unjust and unprofessional for anybody to break down the cost implications of a proposed duplex foundation/structural members without having access to the structural design.

If available, I will advice you also copy us with the structural design/drawings so we can advice accordingly. You can equally get in touch with us through our signature for a speedy response.

Thank you sir for getting in touch with us.

2 Likes

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2019
We hope that this new year futher strenghtens the bond of mutual trust and relationship that existed in the previous years.
Your supports has been the key ingredients to our success.
Thank you sir & ma for being our customer and for all your coperations.
We wish you a Happy and Prosperous 2019.

EBCC.

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Osezzua(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
Very cool

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Pascopele: 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
@engryemi, God bless you

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osezzua:
Very cool

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
Pascopele:
@engryemi, God bless you

Amen
Thank you sir/ma.
Blessings fall on you too.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Keep abreast for updates from our side as we use this cheat formulae to tackle some real life or site problem.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by duos: 1:57am On Jan 23, 2019
EngrOYemi:
Keep abreast for updates from our side as we use this cheat formulae to tackle some real life or site problem.

Thanks so far! What about how to calculate the number of Cement needed.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2019
duos:

Thanks so far! What about how to calculate the number of Cement needed.

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
You are most welcome sir.

We are almost rounding off this phase and we will sure do justice to the cement calculation aspect too.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / PROFESSIONAL TOUCH IN ALUMINIUM FABRICATION(windows,doors,rails) / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.