Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5042 Views)

A Bus Preacher In Onitsha Got Beaten To Coma After Condoms Fell From His Bible / Nigerian Police Officer Preaching In A Bus. Photos / Kenyan Bus Preacher Angry For Getting Little Offering From Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2018

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: . by Faust77(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2018
grin angrysavage...... well in this time and age of credible facts its stupid to believe a guy from the middle east is going to nose-dive from the stratosphere to save anyone.... religion
is for mind control

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by madridguy(m): 2:16pm On May 07, 2018
Must you include PMB?

AwesomeDuru:

[s]I had a verbal showdown with a woman in the bus recently. It was in a bus from Victoria Island to Iyanoba after the day's very difficult work. I had been silently contemplating how much it was costing me daily to transport myself to and from these two locations when a woman, probably in her late 40s began shouting in the bus, just right at the top of my head, bathing me with an impressively generous amount of sputum in the process. It was a Preacher Woman.

So with my anger at Buhari's already failed government boiling inside me, I spun round and lashed out at her. I asked her why she was making so much noise with her stupid sermons when she would have been better off putting her brain to better use by thinking her way out of her sad menopausal life.

The silence that greeted these words was very real. Even passengers that had earlier seemed distant and inattentive now turned their attention towards this potentially entertaining showdown. The woman herself looked horrendously(¿) stupefied. Her reaction suggested that it was either the first time anyone questioned her religion and even stood against it or that she had in fact, come across with a physical devil (she was mostly used to spiritual ones).

Unfazed, I continued my speech. Leaving in my wake inquisitive faces of numerous passengers beaming down at me and the Preacher Woman's priceless horrifying look.

I told her her problem was that she was doing the right thing at the wrong time thereby disturbing everyone with her plain foolhardiness. That it was silly to even think of preaching her religion in a bus as this where everyone there had surely just gone through the typically rigorous Lagos daily life and needn't be hearing about some God who is very powerless and can do little to nothing to help the Nigerian situation.

It took moments before her replies, nay, *curses* came. They came in all their glories, very disturbing to behold especially when the fellow who was now uttering them was the same person preaching Love, Peace, and Tolerance moments ago.

I was calm and composed. Heck, a passenger even had to ask me later on if I had taken classes in the Art of Tranquility. Lol. I was ready for her, I'm always ready whenever these religious nutter heads and self-denying fanatics are involved. The trick is always to irk them a little and then watch them shatter the very foundations of the same virtues they claim to hold dear. Yeah, and you wonder why my favorite word is 'hypocrites'.

I didn't take in most of what she said though. I was more busy trying desperately to get away from her sputum which were now pouring uncontrollably from her mouth. Still, I heard her mention things like devils, end time and how the mini demons dwelling inside me needed to be urgently exorcised. It made me momentarily wonder whether I in fact had mini demons dwelling inside me because the way I have been eating these days surprises me very much. I immediately made a mental note to check my demonometer when I got home to see if truly there were mini demons dwelling inside me, and if indeed there were, to immediately do away with them because the prices of foodstuffs in the market is no longer funny. I can't coman be feeding mini useless demons for free, no fa.

I digress. Back to the showdown, to this peculiar battle between God and Satan, White and Black, what is Sinless and what isn't, I told the woman to leave preachings to those buildings they call churches and quit causing noise pollutions in public buses.

Surprisingly, just as she was about to retaliate with freshly laid out curses, the Conductor intervened and told her that she was in fact disturbing everyone in his bus and that she had better left the preachings to be done in Churches. Most of the passengers even murmured in agreement to this.

So like a wounded Lion, greatly outnumbered, amidst fresh curses, fuming, and hisses, the great god-hand finally quieted down.

Somewhere in the record keeping section of my mind I wrote "On this day, in this epic battle between God and the Devil, the Devil has emerged triumphant"[/s]
Re: . by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 07, 2018
Haha no demon jare, you did what a lot of people would be scared to do.

AwesomeDuru:

I digress. Back to the showdown, to this peculiar battle between God and Satan, White and Black, what is Sinless and what isn't, I told the woman to leave preachings to those buildings they call churches and quit causing noise pollutions in public buses.

This part got me, you should write more also,

6 Likes

Re: . by hopefulLandlord: 2:37pm On May 07, 2018
I take exception with the part about "Sad menopausal life" I feel you should've chosen your words better but I guess a combination of factors prevented you from that (buhari , heat, spit etc)

10 Likes

Re: . by tintingz(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2018
There was a time I almost speak out to a preacher in the bus for disturbing with his high pitch but I just kept my chill as I don't like drawing attention.

Most people find the preaching disturbing in the bus but they don't speak out due to thier believe in God and label agent of Satan.

It's good Lagos State gov. didn't allow this preaching stuff in the BRT.

15 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 07, 2018
Your grammatical obsession and logical counter accusation leaves so much to be admired. Once irked, the sudden shift in values from an "angel" to a carefree "demon" exhibited by these "vessels of honor" to one of wrath, bitterness and hate is inexplicable. They always like to command people's respect and adoration for the shallow, unscriptural and unfounded lies they serve them.

Last last na contributions. Nothing is too big nor small go end am grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hopefulLandlord: 2:52pm On May 07, 2018
tintingz:
There was a time I almost speak out to a preacher in the bus for disturbing with his high pitch but I just kept my chill as I don't like drawing attention.

Most people find the preaching disturbing in the bus but they don't speak out due to thier believe in God and label agent of Satan.

People are also concerned about their safety

if there are enough fundamentalist religious people in that bus OP might've been physically harmed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2018

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2018
fuckerstard:
Haha no demon jare, you did what a lot of people would be scared to do.

This part got me, you should write more also,
Thanks bro. I write sometimes, when I have the time

1 Like

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:59pm On May 07, 2018

6 Likes

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2018
tintingz:

I have just about had it that day. I couldn't suffer the discomfort no more
Re: . by hopefulLandlord: 3:05pm On May 07, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
Some still strongly believe their God will come from the sky soon. It's sad really.

A Jewish Jesus that even the Jews don't believe in

13 Likes

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2018
PurplePatch:
Your grammatical obsession and logical counter accusation leaves so much to be admired.
Lol Thanks.

PurplePatch:
Once irked, the sudden shift in values from an "angel" to a carefree "demon" exhibited by these "vessels of honor" to one of wrath, bitterness and hate is inexplicable. They always like to command people's respect and adoration for the shallow, unscriptural and unfounded lies they serve them.

Last last na contributions end go end am grin
Hypocrites all of them. They won't just leave you alone to live your life your way.

7 Likes

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 3:07pm On May 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

if there are enough fundamentalist religious people in that bus OP might've been physically harmed.
Quite true. These people would go to any length to silence anyone whose views is different from theirs.

5 Likes

Re: . by tintingz(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Exactly, the OP can receive a hot slap from behind or a punch if not careful or even lynched to coma.

4 Likes

Re: . by tintingz(m): 3:12pm On May 07, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
I have just about had it that day. I couldn't suffer the discomfort no more
You've courage, just be careful next time.

And choose the words you say carefully.
Re: . by hopefulLandlord: 3:14pm On May 07, 2018
tintingz:
Exactly, the OP can receive a hot slap from behind or a punch if not careful or even lynched to coma.

The funniest part is that Muslims would also join in in lynching him even though none of what's happening concerned their religion.

11 Likes

Re: . by Skepticus: 4:28pm On May 07, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
I had a verbal showdown with a woman in the bus recently. It was in a bus from Victoria Island to Iyanoba after the day's very difficult work. I had been silently contemplating how much it was costing me daily to transport myself to and from these two locations when a woman, probably in her late 40s began shouting in the bus, just right at the top of my head, bathing me with an impressively generous amount of sputum in the process. It was a Preacher Woman.

So with my anger at Buhari's already failed government boiling inside me, I spun round and lashed out at her. I asked her why she was making so much noise with her stupid sermons when she would have been better off putting her brain to better use by thinking her way out of her sad menopausal life.

The silence that greeted these words was very real. Even passengers that had earlier seemed distant and inattentive now turned their attention towards this potentially entertaining showdown. The woman herself looked horrendously(¿) stupefied. Her reaction suggested that it was either the first time anyone questioned her religion and even stood against it or that she had in fact, come across with a physical devil (she was mostly used to spiritual ones).

Unfazed, I continued my speech. Leaving in my wake inquisitive faces of numerous passengers beaming down at me and the Preacher Woman's priceless horrifying look.

I told her her problem was that she was doing the right thing at the wrong time thereby disturbing everyone with her plain foolhardiness. That it was silly to even think of preaching her religion in a bus as this where everyone there had surely just gone through the typically rigorous Lagos daily life and needn't be hearing about some God who is very powerless and can do little to nothing to help the Nigerian situation.

It took moments before her replies, nay, *curses* came. They came in all their glories, very disturbing to behold especially when the fellow who was now uttering them was the same person preaching Love, Peace, and Tolerance moments ago.

I was calm and composed. Heck, a passenger even had to ask me later on if I had taken classes in the Art of Tranquility. Lol. I was ready for her, I'm always ready whenever these religious nutter heads and self-denying fanatics are involved. The trick is always to irk them a little and then watch them shatter the very foundations of the same virtues they claim to hold dear. Yeah, and you wonder why my favorite word is 'hypocrites'.

I didn't take in most of what she said though. I was more busy trying desperately to get away from her sputum which were now pouring uncontrollably from her mouth. Still, I heard her mention things like devils, end time and how the mini demons dwelling inside me needed to be urgently exorcised. It made me momentarily wonder whether I in fact had mini demons dwelling inside me because the way I have been eating these days surprises me very much. I immediately made a mental note to check my demonometer when I got home to see if truly there were mini demons dwelling inside me, and if indeed there were, to immediately do away with them because the prices of foodstuffs in the market is no longer funny. I can't coman be feeding mini useless demons for free, no fa.

Surprisingly, just as she was about to retaliate with freshly laid out curses, the Conductor intervened and told her that she was in fact disturbing everyone in his bus and that she had better left the preachings to be done in Churches. Most of the passengers even murmured in agreement to this.

So like a wounded Lion, greatly outnumbered, amidst fresh curses, fuming, and hisses, the great god-hand finally quieted down.

Somewhere in the record keeping section of my mind I wrote "On this day, in this epic battle between God and the Devil, the Devil has emerged triumphant"

I hail your quick effort and courage in shutting up, the myth peddler.

13 Likes

Re: . by Primesky(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
I had a verbal showdown with a woman in the bus recently. It was in a bus from Victoria Island to Iyanoba after the day's very difficult work. I had been silently contemplating how much it was costing me daily to transport myself to and from these two locations when a woman, probably in her late 40s began shouting in the bus, just right at the top of my head, bathing me with an impressively generous amount of sputum in the process. It was a Preacher Woman.

Somewhere in the record keeping section of my mind I wrote "On this day, in this epic battle between God and the Devil, the Devil has emerged triumphant"

The blood of anybody who would have found grace in that bus, is on your head. You look wise in your on eyes, feeling proud you've shutdown a preacher. Yeah, the devil must be happy and perhaps, clapping and cheering you up, because you have the timing of every man in your hands, do you know who will exit this exam hall today. You don't understand what you've done!. Her approach may not be right, but you shutting her down is totally satanic.

You may think to have won an ignorant child of God, but the devil is forever defeated. Have you ever seen light defeated by darkness before?.

I pity humans who foolishly do what even Satan himself hesitates to do, he pushes them to do his work, but all will be judged according to what they've done.

Ask God to forgive you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2018
Primesky:

The blood of anybody who would have found grace in that bus, is on your head. You look wise in your on eyes, feeling proud you've shutdown a preacher. Yeah, the devil must be happy and perhaps, clapping and cheering you up, because you have the timing of every man in your hands, do you know who will exit this exam hall today. You don't understand what you've done!. Her approach may not be right, but you shutting her down is totally satanic.

You may think to have won an ignorant child of God, but the devil is forever defeated. Have you ever seen light defeated by darkness before?.

I pity humans who foolishly do what even Satan himself hesitates to do, he pushes them to do his work, but all will be judged according to what they've done.

Ask God to forgive you.
Wow, you lot amuse me.. Everytime cheesy So there's now blood on my head? Because I saw noise pollution and spoke against it? Nigerians sha.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Primesky(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
Wow, you lot amuse me.. Everytime cheesy So there's now blood on my head? Because I saw noise pollution and spoke against it? Nigerians sha.

Btw, your God can do whatever the hell he pleases. That's if there's anything like God. Smh

Noise pollution? grin grin You don't know where you are! If you called that noise, what will you then do when God's angels begin sounding their trumpets? or when God begins His sentencing?. May God have mercy on your soul, because you don't know.

SMH. So you believe you a mistake right?, a chance that came through by accidental bang of molecules?. Oh God!. Amazingly, these awesome occurrences have refused to happen for us to see, and you too, are not helping matters. At least when you wake up in the morning, you should allow your house to arrange itself, your clothes should both design themselves and wash themselves by themselves, our streets should develop themselves. Why should intelligent beings like you be the one to do those things?. Order should come out of chaos and nothinness, according to your believe. You believe you should be the one to put things in order and yet deny that the universe was put together too by an intelligent being, how intelligent is that believe?.

Mislead someone or aid crime or obstruct justice anywhere in Nigeria and see whether you won't be held for prosecution. That's what you've done, simple!. Repent and be saved.

Jesus is the way.

5 Likes

Re: . by 0temSapien: 6:39pm On May 07, 2018
Hmm.

Adspiramen 17:40-41

40. And they(the religious people) shall die in their ignorances, creating no useful impact in the world but noise.

41. And they(the religious people) shall not invent anything but noise while they use the inventions of the people that are not afraid of death. Yet they shall condemn the people whose inventions they are using.

10 Likes

Re: . by Slikbae: 6:48pm On May 07, 2018
Fools gloating over their stupidity.

You insulted a preacher without provocation and feel you deserve some accolades right? If a preacher had insulted an atheist first all you useless airheads would've gone haywire calling Christians all manner of unprintable words but here you are feeling yourself over your few minutes of utter madness.

I bet you won't have the gut to shout down your neighbor who plays loud music, or ask that barber in your neighborhood to turn down his music, or even ask that same bus conductor to quit shouting while calling passengers but you are thinking you've achieved a rare feat.

You're just another bloody senile fool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by 0temSapien: 7:01pm On May 07, 2018
Primesky:

Noise pollution? grin grin You don't know where you are! If you called that noise, what will you then do when God's angels begin sounding their trumpets? or when God begins His sentencing?. May God have mercy on your soul, because you don't know.

SMH. So you believe you a mistake right?, a chance that came through by accidental bang of molecules?. Oh God!. Amazingly, these awesome occurrences have refused to happen for us to see, and you too, are not helping matters. At least when you wake up in the morning, you should allow your house to arrange itself, your clothes should both design themselves and wash themselves by themselves, our streets should develop themselves. Why should intelligent beings like you be the one to do those things?. Order should come out of chaos and nothinness, according to your believe. You believe you should be the one to put things in order and yet deny that the universe was put together too by an intelligent being, how intelligent is that believe?.

Mislead someone or aid crime or obstruct justice anywhere in Nigeria and see whether you won't be held for prosecution. That's what you've done, simple!. Repent and be saved.

Jesus is the way.
God ALMIGHTY, the creator of Yahweh and Allah didn't say that human beings should be using noise to disturb one another. Rather, it encourages the use of our brains, which I think the op used in this situation more than the noisy preacher. Noise pollution is bad for health and the action of the op helped to quell the noise.

1 Like

Re: . by 0temSapien: 7:15pm On May 07, 2018
Slikbae:
Fools gloating over their stupidity.

You insulted a preacher without provocation and feel you deserve some accolades right? If a preacher had insulted an atheist first all you useless airheads would've gone haywire calling Christians all manner of unprintable words but here you are feeling yourself over your few minutes of utter madness.

I bet you won't have the gut to shout down your neighbor who plays loud music, or ask that barber in your neighborhood to turn down his music, or even ask that same bus conductor to quit shouting while calling passengers but you are thinking you've achieved a rare feat.

You're just another bloody senile fool.
God ALMIGHTY the creator of Yahweh didn't command noise pollution and lies. It rather encourages the use of one's brain for profitable things. The woman is not using her brain for profitable thing and the atheist put her in her place.

3 Likes

Re: . by Goodness4525: 7:22pm On May 07, 2018
Primesky:

The blood of anybody who would have found grace in that bus, is on your head. You God, but the devil is forever defeated. Have you ever seen light defeated by darkness before?.
Then y are u still spending ur precious time day and night in the church battling a defeated devil

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Primesky(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2018
0temSapien:
God ALMIGHTY, the creator of Yahweh and Allah didn't say that human beings should be using noise to disturb one another. Rather, it encourages the use of our brains, which I think the op used in this situation more than the noisy preacher. Noise pollution is bad for health and the action of the op helped to quell the noise.

And where did I encourage noise?. Didn't you read me saying her approach may be wrong?. But the OP's stand point of noise in this context is abusive. If the driver had been playing a secular music, will he see it as noise?. If a drug seller had been marketing his products, will he see it as noise pollution?. Well, the truth is, a lion will look down on grass while a goat will disdain a bloody meat.

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.

What kind of creature was the man before he found Christ? cheesy cheesy

For your information Mr. Otem, my God is not an 'it' your gods may be, but not mine, OK?! My God is a living being, not a senseless nature.

1 Like

Re: . by Gggg102(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2018
there was a thread here where someone was complaining about a Muslim's intolerance because he was listening to prayers on a radio in a bus.
Re: . by bobowaja(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2018
Let the God or gods fight for themselves but our religious fellows won't just allow that. They preach for God, testify for him and even fights for him. This keep people like me wondering who is protecting who....... God protecting them or they protecting God

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by Primesky(m): 8:20pm On May 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
Then y are u still spending ur precious time day and night in the church battling a defeated devil

The church does not exist to battle a defeated devil, but to reach out to lost souls, to take the message of the gospel to the unreached people. Jesus before he left, said go ye into all the world and preach the gospel. He also said, I have given you power to tread on serpent and scorpions and over ALL the powers of the enemy... So no room for special fighting the devil except to resist him.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

However, this victory is for those who believe in Jesus and know their rights. For instance, a corrupt law enforcement agent can oppress you, when you do not know your rights, but challenge him with the facts and truth of the constitution, and see him back off. The devil fights to retain control particularly in the lives of those who are ignorant, hence the church teaches and helps such to get what God has already provided.

But again, the wicked devil, comes to corrupt the process by bringing in so many adulterations into it, so as to keep many perpetually under his control.

Why do you think we have over 3000 denominations of Christianity?. Only originality gets counterfeited like that.

The bible tells us to fight for the faith but to resist the devil. It's only when you know your rights that you can command and resist the devil.

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

You see that, only when you submit to God, will you have the right to resist the devil and he has no choice than to FLEE! That's what the church exists for, OK?.

A six years old child that knows and believes in Jesus Christ, can send the devil parking! Only those who are in Christ understandstands this grin cool
Re: . by 0temSapien: 8:39pm On May 07, 2018
Primesky:

And where did I encourage noise?. Didn't you read me saying her approach may be wrong?. But the OP's stand point of noise in this context is abusive. If the driver had been playing a secular music, will he see it as noise?. If a drug seller had been marketing his products, will he see it as noise pollution?. Well, the truth is, a lion will look down on grass while a goat will disdain a bloody meat.

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.

What kind of creature was the man before he found Christ? cheesy cheesy

For your information Mr. Otem, my God is not an 'it' your gods may be, but not mine, OK?! My God is a living being, not a senseless nature.

Secular music has rhymes and rhythms, it's not a noise. The parambulations of the jargon words coming out of a preacher together with lack of coherence of the speeches of a preacher makes it a noise and it is unwanted.

God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, is too complex to be termed with the pronoun 'he' or 'she' hence, the pronoun 'it'. God is not a single being of male characteristics to be termed a 'he' but God is a complex system and since the day I understood that fact, I have been avoiding calling it by the term 'he'. Note that I still term your god(Yahweh) with 'he' as you wish. That's because Yahweh is just a very very incomplete/insignificant subsystem of the SYSYTEM and SUPRASYSTEM called GOD ALMIGHTY. You are also a he, I am a he, Osun is a she, Aluna is a she, Nature is a she, etc because we are not a complete entity and we cannot be the wholesomeness of GOD when we are in isolation. I hope you understand my gist. Peace cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chukwuemeka Gives A Church Member WWE Move All In The Name Of Deliverance / 90 Year Old Joseph's Marriage To 12 Year Old Mary - Where Is Common Sense? / Baptism Does Not Wash Away Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.