Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science (5960 Views)

What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / Siwes (it) Report For Library And Information Science Department / Library And Information Science Department Imsu Mourns The Death Of Two Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Acepen(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2018
I Am A Fresh Student About To Study Library And Information Science, Pls Who Knows About This Course And It Job Prospect.Pls Help A Brother Out
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Tellemall: 5:00pm On May 07, 2018
Work in a library. There are different types of libraries.
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Xsem(m): 8:59pm On May 07, 2018
Working in the journals section,or reference section.
Pray that students who borrow books won't return it on time so they pay ten naira.
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Olufemisamuel: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2018
As a graduate of library and information, you are not limited or restricted to opportunities found only in the library such as cataloging and classification of information materials, etc. There are myriads of job opportunities that await a library and information science graduate, I would say that these opportunities arise due to the presence of sub-discipline, information science. As a library and information graduate, one should be aware of his or her role in information management.
To cut the long story short, the below-provided link explains the job opportunities offered by the discipline library and information science
Read: https://www.parrotgist.online/2024/01/librarian-salary-in-Nigeria.html
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by CodeTemplar: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2018
The information science part makes it very interesting degree. What you may not realize is that library related data management via IT is very similar to many information management systems like banks, media houses, hospitals IT system, and many more IT systems out there.

I will advice you go through the course schedule of that department and be sure the "information science" part of the program is good enough for you. Also know of relevant certifications that can boost your career and start preparing for them either financially or academically.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2019
Just got admitd to study lis
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xsem:
Pray that students who borrow books won't return it on time so they pay ten naira.

Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by JoEdIx(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
johnny6211:
Just got admitd to study lis
what school

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by arinzos(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xsem:
Guy you wicked grin
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2019
FULAFIA
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by DateMynd44(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
johnny6211:
FULAFIA
I'm a Librarian. Hope you're enjoying the course?
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by 6Milk(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Xsem:
lol
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
Yes, i love it
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
DateMynd44:
I'm a Librarian. Hope you're enjoying the course?
yes am enjoying it, where school are u?
Re: What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science by Olufemisamuel: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Are you interested in library and information science or just curious to know which industry they are useful in Nigeria?
Click the link https://www.parrotgist.online/2024/01/librarian-salary-in-Nigeria.html?m=1 to know about where library and information science graduates can work in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Nworie The First Class Mathematician About To Be Stolen By Canada.. / Can You Write These Figures In Words? / Visual Art Jamb Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.