Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" (1415 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 07, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4490686/before-travel-canada-dangers-therein#67343863

As an ardent reader of Nairanland, although i hardly comment.
I'm forced to respond to the above post. It's quite sad, when people post half truth, Not painting the picture as it is for others to see.

So, i have a Problem with Some Nigerians, who always try to discourage people from coming over.
I usually like to ask them, If life is so difficult, in Canada or the U.S, why not return home and then start leaving a better life as they put it.

Our Destinies are different, if you are under a spell that you can't make it in Canada or abroad, that does not mean others can't.
For those who also think, U.S or Canada is heaven, please wake up from that dream. One thing is that if you put in effort you get results.
If you work, you get reward, in the beginning, it's never easy. Always keep that in mind, it's a sacrifice you have to make.

For me one thing i know, is that as long as you work hard, and stay persistent in the end it pays. If you can't work hard, and make sacrifices, then don't move. The system works, that's the truth.

I always tell friends, who want to come over. In the beginning, it's not easy, but everyday you see hope. There is a ray of light (hope).
It's unlike leaving in Nigeria where you remain dormant for years, with things not looking promising unless you have got connections.

I always liking relocating abroad to Any Nigerian Moving from Lagos to Abuja, believe me, settling is not easy too.
It would take months and probably years to settle in and understand Abuja well.

Same applies to relocating abroad.
If you have friends and families, the easier it is for you to settle in with their help.
One reason people relocate is not Just for Jobs, but wanting their kids and offspring, to lead a better life.
For the Youths still in their prime, those who just finished their BSc. if you can, it's best you come through a Masters degree, that way you can settle in easy and understand the system.
There are Still schools out there giving out scholarships. I am a witness to that.

Wish you all success. Don't get discouraged in a course you believe in, it may tarry, it would come to pass if you remain diligent.

Also for folks who remain in Naija, Just stay diligent and God helping, one day too, as God plans it, you could reach the peak.
If the country, was not filled with bigotry and some discrimination, insecurity and the likes, many Nigerians would love to stay home.
But many out here are trying to sacrifice for family/ unborn kids.
The over $21 billion sent last year into the Nigerian Economy from the diaspora, is also what people here are working for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by Afam4eva(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by Trapnews: 4:53pm On May 07, 2018
Nice one!
Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by Nbote(m): 5:00pm On May 07, 2018
God bless U jare... Some neva do wells would always wany to paint a grimm picture like it is beta off staying back here.. No matter how bad it is over there it won't b worse dan Wat we are experiencing here. If U can't go or don't have d means to doesn't mean U have to go out of ur way to discourage ppl. D aim of everyone travelling out is to find a beta life and almost 99% of dem still invest back here in Nigeria so what's d biggy

2 Likes

Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by HOLYDICK(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2018
Ok
Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by oluwatodimu1(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2018
Sincerely this is rare to the ears (truth). some individuals always want to stand in d way of others. nothing good comes easy.
Thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by obonujoker(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2018
Thanks for this piece...
Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by FEGNO: 6:14pm On May 07, 2018
BLESS YOU BRO. EXACTLY WHAT I ASK ALL THOSE DISCOURAGING PEOPLE. IF ITS SO BAD, WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE?

1 Like

Re: In Response To " Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein" by Damzy007: 4:39pm On May 08, 2018
E go better for you brod, same reason why some Pple won't be able to help their fellows just to remain supreme over them, I've never been there before but I believe if you practice a skill before applying you'll make it over there . Justwise and Lalasticlala abeg help us push am go Fp Make them knw.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Relocate But I Don’t Know How It Works. / How To Switch From The UK Student Visa To 5 Years Skilled Workers Visa / 4 Things To Satisfy In Your Bank Statement For A UK Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.