Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts (28671 Views)

The Veil Of Love By Bayo Onuwaje / CELEBRITIES Life's LOVE By Lamidi Samad Adeniran / Shartered Love By Ola Olowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
EPS 33 cont'd

The next day was too long for them throughout the night but they all fell asleep later on. Gina noticed her daughter was avoiding her throughout that night so before they went to sleep she explained to her why she has always been strict on her. Grissel admitted that was the reason she never told her any of her problems.
They both apologized to each other and she slept off in her mom’s arms. Julia who came inside told Gina she did the right thing by raising her with strict values but she should try to be close to her so Grissel could open up to her a lot more.
Soon enough morning came and Dani was the first to wake up watching over everyone. She glanced at them all and her eyes fell on Stella’s phone.
Dani picked it up and tiptoed into the washroom. Stella gave her the password to her phone the last time so it was easier for her to call her dad.
‘Daddy, it’s Lisa’s we..ddi..ng today.’ She stammered without waiting for a Hello.
‘Princess, I’m on my way back.’ Dane obviously didn’t hear the last part of her daughter’s words.
‘Dad, did you hear me? I would send you address and time to Lisa’s wedding.’ She said quickly and hanged up. She sent a message then switched off the phone.
Dane probably heard the last part as he was still in thoughts when Dani’s text message came in. He rushed to the reception to check what the delay in the flight was.
Shirley went inside just then Stella woke up. She hid the phone and walked closer putting it under a stack of bags.
‘Are you okay Shirley?’
‘Yes, I just miss my mom.’ She made a weird sound.
‘Your mom is still asleep but can we start sorting ourselves out before they wake up.’ Stella led her out of the room
Soon enough everyone was awake and everything was in place as people started coming in so early.
‘You invited all these people?’ Grissel asked Melisa nervously glancing through the wedding invitation list.
‘Yes, it’s a big day for us.’ She said throwing herself back on the bed.
‘And why is everyone dressed and the bride is yet to take her bath?’ Julia came in from outside where she left with Gina earlier to receive the guests.
The ladies glanced at each other and focused back on what they were all doing.
‘You are all acting weird.’ Shirley said buckling her shoe.
‘You are right, they are hiding something again.’
‘Don’t worry aunty we would find out.’ Shirley said cheekily.
‘Emm is Tom in yet?’ Grissel asked.
‘No, he mentioned he soiled his suit so he’s getting a new one just around the corner.’ Julia announced.
Grissel’s heart skipped for a second and she held on to the bed, then sat quietly.
‘It’s time Lisa, get up before I get back here.’ Julia cautioned.
‘Has Bryan arrived yet?’ Melisa asked reluctantly.
‘Yes, over an hour ago with his dad and yours.’
‘Great, give me just a minute.’ Melisa responded as her friends looked on weirdly.
Julia shook her head and left them.
‘Lisa are you sure about this?’ Grissel asked.
‘Uhmmm, it’s totally fine.’ Melisa replied.
‘Mommy what is going on?’ Shirley asked from where she sat.
‘Princess, I would have to explain latter.’ Grissel told her.
After a few minutes, she rushed after her in her morning coat. Julia and the others who were closer to the event room wondered where Melisa was going undressed.
To be continued

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 34
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved
Grissel paced around for a while when Melisa left.
‘Are you okay?’ Stella asked walking to her.’
‘How would I be okay in here when Lisa is out there facing embarrassment for me?’
‘Remember you wanted this and she feels like she owes you.’
‘I know that and I regret agreeing to her crazy ideas in the first place.’ Grissel lamented.
‘It’s alright, let’s look at the brighter side.’ Paige said signaling her to have a sit.’
She walked sadly to have a seat on the bed.
‘Mommy, are we going to talk now. I’m scared right now.’ Shirley announced drawing her attention to her.
‘Oh sweetheart, come let’s talk.’ Grissel beckoned on her to have a sit beside her.
Grissel took that opportunity to explain to Shirley what was actually going to happen in the next few minutes. Shirley understood her mom and gave her a thumbs up.
Melisa on getting there saw Bryan seated in his suit. She walked to him while everyone around looked on.
Julia and Gina figured out she was going to cause a problem due to how she was acting from yesterday night so they run after her but they were too late.
‘Hey, you are not dressed?’ Bryan asked naively.
‘Dressed? What for?’ Melisa answered rudely.
‘Lisa, what are you doing?’ Julia whispered quietly because she drew everyone’s attention to herself when she rushed to the event room in her morning dress.
‘I thought we are getting mar…ri..’ Bryan stammered at the end and paused when he saw the look on her face.
‘Married?’ Melisa laughed quietly.
Bryan’s face became pale all of a sudden because he noticed everyone was staring at him. ‘Y..es.’ He stammered.
‘You think I want to marry a despicable you?’ She said and Julia came in front of her.
Bryan’s face was down at that moment as people gathered around.
‘What’s going on with you?’ Julia asked.
‘Come on, you should know by now I wasn’t going to marry him.’
‘Then why embarrass him when you didn’t plan on getting married.’
‘Aunty, he deserves it.’
‘I know that but he was a victim as well.’
‘A victim? How long has he known me and he couldn’t speak up.’
‘I understand you perfectly but don’t make a scene here.’ Julia said looking around.
‘I won’t marry him, that’s what I have been waiting all week to tell him.’
‘Do you feel good doing this?’ Julia who noticed she was pushing her tears back asked.
‘No, but at least I got it out of my system.’
‘What is all this?’ Morris said behind them. He must have been there all this while.
‘Talk to your daughter before we get laughed at.’ Julia cautioned him.
Morris turned to Bryan angrily. ‘What did you do to my daughter?’
‘Morris stop it.’ Julia yelled at him.
‘Stop what? I just asked a question.’
‘You should be talking to Lisa not Bryan.’ Julia cautioned.
‘I heard everything she said earlier and I don’t need a soothsayer to tell me Junior hurt her.’
‘Thank you Dad.’ Melisa said uncomfortably.
‘Shut it.’ Morris snarled at her and turned to Bryan whose face has been down all this while.
‘Addison what’s going on?’ Sculley appeared from within the crowd.
‘Your son hurt my daughter.’ He said childishly.
He swallowed the joy in his voice. ‘I thought that was cleared up when they decided to get married.’ Sculley said foolishly.
‘So you knew and still came here with me to marry my daughter.’
‘I found out this morning from one Henry on my way to pick you up.’ Sculley said uncomfortably.
Melisa’s face colored up. She was scared Henry could be there at the events but she brushed it off.
‘And you didn’t think it was necessary to tell me that.’
‘Junior said he cleared it up with Lisa.’ Sculley said without anger.
‘Cleared what up. I’m sure if given a second chance he would watch his friends molest me again.’
‘What? Her dad moved towards Bryan while those gathered around murmured and dispersed.
Tom from nowhere stood in front of his dad preventing him from moving any further.
‘Lisa, what is this I heard about you cancelling the wedding.’ His brother asked with an unhappy grimace.
‘Yes, I wasn’t going to marry him anyway.’
‘I’m sorry Lisa.’ Bryan said faintly interrupting Tom’s thoughts.
Tom looked back at him. ‘Dude, just don’t sit down there like a lady.’
Everyone laughed at Tom utterances. Gina and Julia were nudging each other by the shoulder.
‘Save your breathe Tom.’ Melisa told him.
‘Are you sure this is not just a mistake.’
‘No, the wedding was initially yours.’ Melisa said bravely.
Tom laughed loud and glanced around. The guests had finally left them alone. But he didn’t like how Julia and Gina was quiet. Even his dad was giving him weird glances.
‘Addison, can we talk somewhere.’ Sculley said after a few seconds of silence.
‘Sure,’ he dragged Bryan by the hands and they left the rest of the family.
‘Lisa, what did you do?’ Tom asked with a sad tone.
‘You are getting married Tom.’ She repeated with joy.
‘This isn’t funny Lisa.’
‘No, you paid for your own wedding.’ Melisa with a smile.
Julia saw him boiling and she knew he had figured it out so she pulled Gina away.
‘Where’s she?’ He flared up while his friends calm him down.
‘Relax Tom.’ Melisa said with another smile.
‘Don’t tell me to relax when you naively brought back my worst nightmare.’
‘Tom, that’s not fair.’ Melisa retorted.
‘Not fair? Was it fair when she left me broken?’
‘I kno……’
‘What were you thinking Lisa?’ He snarled towards her.
‘I was thinking about you.’
‘By bringing all these people together just to embarrass them.’
‘No, they would get over it.’ She said moving back slowly as Tom walked closer raging.
Melisa moved away finally and headed towards the room which Tom followed still boiling with rage. Tom saw Paige, Stella and the rest of the family waiting in front of a room obviously nervous.
Julia and Gina who went in earlier scolded Grissel for her stunts and left Shirley crying. They had to apologize to her before she stopped crying which made Grissel uncomfortable. Grissel was uncomfortable knowing Tom could just come in any minute. She trembled and asked the rest to stay but they told her it was her mess to clean.
Shirley offered to stay and she was so grateful but unfortunately Grissel didn’t want her to see what might happen so she sent her into the inner room with instructions.
When Melisa rushed off after Julia left, Grissel had to tell her daughter it was her wedding and luckily for her Shirley made her understood she made the best decision when she said it was okay if her mom didn’t love her dad anymore. Grissel pondered over her daughters soothing words and wondered what she knew about love then it hit her she’s growing and has seen a lot.
Austin rushed up to him and held him back.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
‘Let me go. Your friend needs to leave this premises immediately.’ Tom said angrily and snugged out of his grasp.
Mike tried to reach out in order to pull him back but he was not going to stop struggling.
‘Let him go Mike. They both need to talk.’ Gina announced calmly.
Everyone standing there glanced at Gina and back to Tom who had hit his leg on the door.
Tom barged in after telling everyone who followed him earlier to stay out of his way. Grissel was pacing in the room when he entered.
‘What do you take me for? To think I paid this huge amounts of money on you again.’
‘Tom, it w….’
‘It wasn’t your idea? Do you want to tell me you had no hand in this sham of a wedding plan?’ His voice was going up than usual.
‘Yes I wanted to get married to you again bu……’ Grissel paused and stared at the angry man standing in front of him.
‘But what?’ You think I want to have you back in my house so you could just walk in and out as if my life is a brothel.’ Tom knew he was being rude but he couldn’t help it.
‘Lo..ve.’ She thought that would work.
‘Don’t call me that? You irritate me right now.’
‘I kno..w th..at but I did th..at for us.’ She stammered while Tom kept boiling inside.,
Tom was filled with unexplainable anger, their memories together flashed his mind and he hit his hand on the door so hard that Grissel had to move back quickly giving him space.
‘Us? You tell me your ex-husband is heartless but you are the most heartless person I’ve ever met.
Tom kept raising his voice while she on the other hand was calm.
Tom, I’m s…..
‘Sorry?’ You are so selfish.’
Grissel knew she deserved his anger and the fact that he wasn’t throwing things at her which she was expecting kept her calm.
‘I deserve your outburst.’ She muttered with her arms crossed barely able to contain her emotions.
‘Of course you deserve it, were you thinking you would come in here with your little stunts and I just pull you into my arms.’
No, I was exp..ecti..ng we co..uld talk and you have ev..ery rig..ht to cancel the we..dding.’ She stuttered and was holding herself back from crying.
‘Talk you say. About what exactly.’ He said walking closer to her now. ‘Oh maybe you want to talk about how fulfilled you felt running off with him.’
‘Tom, its okay if you don’t want me, there’s no need to make me cry.’ She said moving back from him with so much courage.
‘You think things would go back to normal between us when you ruin everything I felt for you?’
‘I know I hurt you Tom.’ She said calmly and seemed hurt by his outburst now.
Grissel could feel her heart pumping and she wondered if her baby was okay.
Her wavering hands moved unconsciously to her belly. She knelt on the floor slowly with her head touching the floor.
Tom just looked at her for a long while and took his gaze off trying to catch his breath from his earlier outburst.
Dani was hiding behind the curtains where Tom faced but it seemed he didn’t notice Shirley was there all that time until she came out.
She noticed spots of blood on the bottom of Grissel’s white blouse and she knew something had to be done that was why she came out. Dani pulled her mom off the floor gently while Tom looked on probably embarrassed.
‘Uncle Tom you’ve hurt mommy.’ She said and wiped her face while dragging her mom to the room where she was listening to everything. Grissel didn’t hesitate to follow her daughter because she felt unwell.
Grissel had told her to close the door behind her earlier and she had no idea Shirley would disobey her. Tom had no idea why Shirley mentioned he hurt her mom when he barely touched her.
He however choked on his final words and swallowed hard. He sat on the floor in deep thoughts. He didn’t want to cry but his tears were more than the last time she betrayed him.
The door opened from the outside and as if on cue they pushed Stella into the room like a kid who had wrong her parents and needed to ask for forgiveness. Julia signaled her to go in when she hesitated at the door looking scared. It seemed at that moment they were all scared of what Tom could do to them and they thought leaving Dani in the room with Grissel might help Tom put away his anger but they were wrong.
Stella walked towards Tom reaching out to him on the floor but he pushed her to the floor so hard and stormed out of the room while his family watched him with embarrassment written on their faces.
She managed to pick up herself slowly and went to the room where Grissel and Dani was.
Melisa who was dragged away by his furious dad from the door when Stella was going in called after him but he went out of the building and drove off.
His friends just stood in the midst of the guest and looked on as the event room and where he stormed out of earlier wasn’t that far. So it was possible the guest knew what was going on.
Julia tried to call him but Gina told her to let him be.
‘Aren’t you guys going to do anything?’
Bryan who was standing behind them asked.
‘Dude, I thought this was supposed to be your wedding.’ Clive asked embarrassing him.
Austin and Mike smacked him on the shoulder and he turned around. Clive who had to do a lot of apologizing with Mike had been left off the hook. Tom apologized for making him land in the hospital the next day and even paid his bills.
‘On a more serious note, what’s the plan?’ Mike asked.
‘Tom would be back.’ Austin said scrolling through his contacts.
‘And you know that how?’ Clive asked.
‘He left me here knowing I came in his car.’
‘Come on, Tom knew you got us to drop you off in the middle of nowhere.’ Clive joked.
‘Clive be serious here. This is our embarrassment as well.’ Mike chipped in.
‘Alright, on our way here, he soiled his shirt so we parked at a boutique about ten minutes’ drive from here.’ He smiled.
‘A boutique. Is that it? Clive enquired.
‘No, you know how Tom barely buys gifts.’ Austin asked.
‘Yes, unless forced.’ Mike replied Austin.
‘He saw this white dress and bought it without hesitating. When I asked him who it was for, he sent it back to the sales person.’
‘You shouldn’t have asked. Maybe he got it for Grissel.’ Clive with his big mouth said.
‘Yeah, my question brought him back to himself.’ Austin confirmed.
‘But were you aware Grissel was going to be here?’ Mike asked suspiciously.
‘No, I’m angry with her too but then I’m sure Tom went back for that dress.’
‘He was acting on his intuition I guess.’ Mike added.
‘What has a dress got to do with anything here?’ Clive was being insensitive.
‘Don’t ask silly questions. Austin was just trying to say Tom loves Grissel he wouldn’t just leave her at this moment.’ Mike replied him.
‘Those two were meant for each other. I can’t wait for all this to be over soon.’ Austin muttered.
After about ten minutes of the news spreading among everyone that Tom had abandoned Grissel, he came out through the door with a sad grimace.
‘Hey guys, he’s here.’ Bryan said behind them again.
Bryan looked perfectly fine for someone was just embarrassed at the altar.
They all turned to the direction of the door and realized almost everyone was watching him pass by with his shopping bag. Tom went over to the officiating minister, spoke with him for two minutes and then walked away shamefully.
Julia wanted to go after him but Gina told her not to interfere.
Tom walked briskly from the event room to avoid further embarrassment. He couldn’t tell if they were looking at him because they heard him yelling at Grissel or because he stormed out of there when he found out it was his wedding.
He got to the door of the room where he left mother and daughter earlier and contemplated for a while.
Jessy walked up to him from the room opposite where he dragged Adam earlier for God knows what.
‘I’m proud of you Tom.’ She pulled him into her arms for a while and let go after some seconds.
‘Would she ever stop hurting me every time things become so difficult?’
‘Honestly, No but she always come back to you for a reason.’
‘I know she’s comfortable with me but how do I stop her from doing this to us again.’
‘You set boundaries.’ Adam peeped through the door Jessy came out of earlier. Tom noticed he was struggling with his flap and he smiled.
‘Boundaries, I get it.’ Tom smiled again glancing at Jessy’s face.
Jessy smiled back. ‘Good, I guess I would see you back out in about ten minutes.’
‘I won’t take much time and sorry about the yelling earlier.’
‘What yelling?’ Jessy asked glancing at Adam who also had no idea what he was talking about.
‘Never mind.’ He scratched his head discreetly and it dawned on him no one heard his yells apart from those inside the room but the expression on the guests faces when he came in might be due to how he stormed out.
Tom knocked on the door and held on to the knob while Jessy and Adam looked on. His heart skipped but he knew it was a necessary step so he entered the room looking around nervously.

Complete the story here - www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update ooooooo
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 35
© Loudest Thoughts
All Rights Reserved
Dani peeped through the small opening of the inner door when she heard the outer door opened.
‘Mommy, it’s my new dad. I think he’s back.’ She looked back at her mom, Stella and Melisa who was checking her temperature.
Grissel had to explain to her daughter why Tom reacted that way so she wouldn’t end up hating him too.
‘Tom?’ Stella managed to ask because they were all thinking he left.
‘Yes, he’s standing at the door with a shopping bag. I think he brought ice-cream.’ She announced discreetly and closed the door behind her.
She walked to her mom and felt her temperature with her tiny hands on Grissel’s forehead.
‘Lisa, why is she warm? Is the baby coming out right now?’ She asked jumping up.
‘No, your mom is just stressed.’ Melisa responded.
‘Okay, let me go and tell Uncle Tom.’ She said rushing off.
‘Shirley, let him come in and don’t say anything out there.’ Grissel finally said after watching her daughter’s sneaky drama.
‘Are you sure he’s not back to do more harm.’
‘No, he came with a bag Lisa. How many times has your brother ever brought home with him a shopping bag?’
‘Well, you have a point there but you must take it easy.’
‘I would hear whatever he has to say then you drive me back to Jessy’s end.’
Melisa’s face went pale and dull.
‘I’m really sorry the reason why you went away had to end this way.’ Stella added.
‘It’s okay, my way of fixing things always end up ruining my entire happiness. Shirley you can let him in now.’ Grissel sat up on the bed. She was spotting earlier and Melisa had her changed after ensuring the baby growing inside her sister in law was fine.
‘Okay mom.’ She replied and went out of the door meeting Tom about to knock as he spotted Dani earlier spying on him at the door.
‘Hey, is your mom inside?’ He scratched his face.
‘Emmm, depends on who wants to know.’ Dani said maturely to the amazement of Tom.
‘I know you both are angry right now but can you let me in.’ He said further as Dani was blocking his way in.
She smacked him in the stomach. ‘My dad was always yelling at us so we came back to you and you were also yelling.’ She said sadly.
‘I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again.’
‘Are you sure?’ She asked walking towards the table in the corner of the room.
‘Yes, I cross my heart.’ He said playfully.
‘Oh uncle Tom, you know my secret anthem.’ She picked up a paper and walked back to him.
‘Of course, I had to learn on YouTube so I could be a good daddy to you.’
‘Mommy will like that.’ She said happily.
‘Okay, let me go and see your mom now.’ Tom walked an inch towards the door.
‘No, wait. We are not done yet.’ She held on to his trousers pulling him back.
‘Shirley, the priest is waiting for us.’
‘Why should I let you in?’ Shirley asked staring at him scratching his face.’
‘Alright I wanted to tell you mommy doesn’t have money these days. She lost her job.’
‘Okay, I will give mommy some money.’ He was getting frustrated. ‘Can I go now?’
‘’You need to sign here first.” She stopped him from moving and handed him the paper. Dani had spent the whole morning with Stella writing when she heard it was Grissel’s wedding.
‘I would read with your mom and sign it.’ He said without even looking at the paper.
‘You are in a hurry so I will let you go but you have to sign it before you come out.’ She cautioned annoyingly.
‘Thank you pumpkin.’ He was going in when she dragged him back again.
‘Uncle Tom, what’s in the bag? Is it ice-cream?’ She asked cheekily with her numerous smiles.
‘Oh this,’ he pointed to the bag in his right hand. ‘I got a new dress for mommy.’ He announced hastily.
‘Let me see it.’ She demanded with her hands opened.
‘Shirley, I got one for you too.’ He quickly gave her the dress from the bag and rushed in closing the door behind him quickly before Shirley could say another word.
She jumped up, quickly taking off her other dress to put on the new one Tom just got for her.
Tom who got in hurriedly came facing three weird women who were staring at him. He forgot he was still holding on to the door as if he was been chased. He froze there for some minutes when no one spoke.
‘Hi.’ He left the door walking towards them.
‘Hey, who was chasing you?’ Grissel managed to ask calmly as if nothing happened between them earlier.
‘Shirl…’ He was saying when she barged in.
‘Mommy, see my new dress.’ Uncle Tom bought it.’ She run towards Grissel who was getting out of bed while Tom continued scratching his head.
Grissel gestured to Melisa and Stella who has been silence all this while to give them privacy. They knew they had to drag Shirley out so Grissel and Tom could talk.
‘Did you say thank you princess?’
She covered her face. ‘No, I forgot.’ Shirley turned to Tom. ‘Thank you daddy.’ She hugged him by the waist.
You are welcome.’ He responded and saw Melisa dragging her away.
‘Lisa wait, Uncle hasn’t signed my new rules yet.’ She announced.
‘Rules?’ Grissel asked because she had no idea what her daughter had planned.
‘Yes mommy. Stella helped me to write the big vocabularies.’
Everyone glanced at Stella who smiled. Tom brought the paper out as he remember dumping it in the bag earlier and Grissel recognized it. Tom mouthed sorry to Stella and she nodded her head smiling. He was probably apologizing for pushing her down.
‘Shirley? Is that not my divorce paper?’
‘Emm, I think so.’ She rushed to where Stella was as Grissel stood up earlier and was walking towards her.
She took the paper from Tom and glanced through it. Grissel laughed and handed it over to him.
‘This is yours. I don’t know what your plans are right now but you should read it.’ Grissel said uncomfortably.
Tom knew it was no good news so he looked back at Shirley who was smiling cheekily.
He cleared his throat. ‘I Tom Addison would never yell at mommy and Shirley ever again. If I do I …’ Tom paused and smiled. ‘I would take them both for a weekend vacation.’
‘Uncle, should I help you read?’ She asked from where she was hiding.
‘No.’ He scratched his head and made an attempt to continue. ‘I would take mommy out every Friday night and a date with Shirley every first Saturday in a month.’ Tom opened his mouth to say something but closed it and glanced at Grissel.
Grissel knew he wouldn’t want to miss out on Friday drink up with his friends. ‘Tom, it’s okay if you want to drink with your friends.’
‘No mom.’ Shirley frowned from her end.
‘Don’t worry I can manage.’ Tom interrupted.
‘The last part says, you would make breakfast every Saturday morning and take us both out every Sunday evening for ice-cream.’ She grinned at the thought of ice cream. ‘And this note is subject to review.’ She read loudly and raised up her head looking at him for a reply.
‘We have a deal Shirley.’ He said without giving it a second thought but his mind was out of the room.
Then Melisa laughed. ‘Give me five.’ She turned to Shirley who was hiding her face.
‘Don’t encourage her Lisa.’ Grissel said almost tired of standing and went back to the bed.
‘But mom, you said Uncle Tom likes me so I just wanted to be sure.’
‘And who said asking him to make breakfast every Saturday would give you that assurance. He doesn’t even know how to cook princess.’
‘I don’t want you to stress yourself too much mommy.’
‘Come here.’ She gestured to her.
‘No, I know your plan. Let Uncle Tom sign first then I would come over.’ She brought out her tiny hands to cover her mouth.
‘Grissel just let Tom talk for himself.’ Melisa glanced at Tom who had stopped reading and was staring at Grissel.
‘Uncle Tom?’ Shirley run to him and shook him vigorously.
‘Yes,’ He responded.
‘Won’t you sign?’ Shirley asked.
‘Emm, Grissel are you okay?’ He found himself asking as he was sure something was off hence ignoring Shirley’s question.
‘Yes, just tired from your sister’s pampering.’
Melisa laughed. ‘We will go now Grissel.’
‘Wait, he quickly signed the note then gave it back to her without taking his eyes off Grissel.
‘Uncle, can we have a Princess tea party next week.’
‘Emmm, I don’t know what that is.’ He said honestly.
‘Ohh…….!’ She exclaimed with disappointment on her face while Grissel gave her a smile.
‘Shirley.’ Grissel called out and she knew she had to keep quiet.
‘Sis, good job. I owe you one.’ Tom mouthed remorsefully when they were going out
‘Credit my account th….’
Melisa was still saying when Stella dragged her and Shirley out of the room.
They joined Paige who was tasked to talk to the guests who were impatience and wanted to leave. Melisa spotted Bryan on her way out of the venue after talking to the priest. She ignored his gestures and walked away. Until they were sure they had everything under control they retired back in to get themselves ready.
Gina and Julia could not contain their joy.
Tom and Grissel sat on the bed staring at each other and sighed.
She buried her face in her palms. ‘I don’t deserve you Tom.’
‘Neither do I?’ He said so she could stop shying away.
‘What?’ Grissel reacted quickly lifting her palms off her face.
‘Great, I have your attention now.’ Tom poked her nose playfully. ‘I will go first.’
‘Sure.’ She said with a beating heart.
‘I’m not sorry about my outburst earlier but I said some mean words which I regret now.’
‘Tom? You yelled at me in the presence of my daughter and it’s not so cool.’
‘And you jumping in and out of my life you think was cool?’ He asked calmly.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
‘No, I did that for us Tom.’
‘I understand why you felt the need to keep me out of your plans but I wished you could trust me from today onwards.’
‘Thank you Tom. I’m really sorry.’ She went into his arms without any notice and held on for minutes.
‘So you want to get married again?’
‘Yeah, if that’s okay with you.’ She looked squirmed in his arms. ‘If you are not interested we could cancel.’
‘It’s okay, and I got a dress for you.’ Tom patted her back and pulled her out of his arms with a peck on her forehead.
‘Wow I have a new Tom.’ She teased. ‘I stained my other dress so thank you for this.’ She took the dress and moved from him to the dressing mirror.
‘Yeah, I noticed when Shirley dragged you away. She actually saved me from making the situation worse.’
‘Great, would you help me call my mom’s to give me their blessings.’
‘Sure. Would that fit?’ He asked referring to the dress.
‘Of course love.’ Grissel grinned happily.
He smirked. ‘I feel alive once again.’
‘The feeling is mutual but are you sure this is what you want?’
‘Yeah, ‘I’m happy to have paid thousands of dollars for my own nuptials.’ He was overly joyful.
‘That was all Lisa but you still owe me for a weekend getaway.’
‘I can’t wait for that and pumpkin told me you don’t have a job.’
‘Wow, what do I do with Shirley?’
‘She’s just a kid but once all this is over we can figure out something and besides I want you home all day.’ He laughed.
‘Trust me, you can’t handle me at my worst.’ Grissel informed.
‘I have endured enough for the both of us and I think i have a tough skin now.’
Silence engulfed them and they reached for each other’s hands.
‘I miss you Tom.’
‘I miss you too but we don’t have time to go into all these now.’ He smooched her face and stood up immediately.
‘See you outside then.’ Grissel said.
He rushed on her lips stealing a kiss and was rushing out when he paused, ‘Wait.’
‘Ahuh.’ She squirmed not so sure if he had changed his mind.
‘Is it over? I mean the case.’
‘Yes Love, I got the annulment and custody.’
‘That was fast and impossible.’ He muttered knowing it takes time to get all that.
‘Yeah, I also heard you tried Sculley and thanks for that but Judge Reed interfered since it was his fault I went to jail in the first place.’
‘Great news. Look smashing for me.’ Tom said and then rushed out of the room and reappeared after a second.
‘Did you for….’
‘Princess Tea Party?’ He mentioned with a weird grin.
‘Yes.’ Grissel replied smiling.
‘Do you know where we can buy that?’ He asked naively.
‘Oh wow, Tom it’s not something you can buy.’ She teased.
‘Okay, you would help me right?’
‘Defini …..’ She was saying when he disappeared again.
It was so clear those two were meant for each other because they were comfortable talking to each other despite their outburst earlier.
Grissel smiled sadly and knelt down to pray. She hasn’t done that in a long while. After reaffirming her faith she sat on her bed, cried a little and starts to get herself ready when her mom’s came in to get her sorted out as she was struggling with the zipper. Tom hadn’t noticed Grissel had lost weight and the dress was a bit loose but knowing Grissel she wanted to manage it.
Julia and Gina gave their blessings after Melisa and Stella had done her make up. Grissel went in for her down shoe so not to cause any harm to her baby. Tom’s white blouse he bought looks perfect on her.
Tom was jittery after ten good minutes when Grissel was not coming out. He looked around him and only Morris was around. He wondered where his friends and the whole family suddenly vanished to when he remembered he asked them to get some more drinks and food earlier. Tom had no choice so he beckoned on Morris to draw closer.
‘Can you check what’s taking Grissel that long to come out?’ He asked when he came closer.
‘Relax son, I understand they are stuck with the dress. Your sister sent a message earlier.’
‘Alright, what can I do?’ He asked hastily.
‘Just sit down and wait for your bride.’
Tom looked at his dad’s calm demeanor and sat down quietly. The priest ordered for some musical interlude to keep the guests calm.
Morris looked back at his son and smiled. That was their first real gentleman talk.
To be continued
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 36
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved
Stella stayed back in the room when everyone was leaving. She claimed to have a few things to sort out. Grissel didn’t understand why she was going through the bin as if she lost something.
Julia and Melisa in their beautiful attires suddenly laughed and Paige joined. The guests looked back and saw them coming in. They sat opposite each other at the back. Julia spotted Bryan’s eyes focused on Melisa when she was walking in. She shook her head and then her eyes met with that of Joe who she had a fight with last night. He was at her house bugging her about marriage which she has declined so many times. Joe was the reason she left the house to the event ground with Gina that late in the night.
Shirley came out singing the here comes the bride interlude and Tom knew Grissel was on her way. He had been there before but this time it was different. His heart was not burdened and he was in a hurry to have her in his arms.
He rushed to the middle of the room to meet her half way when everyone laughed at his impatience attitude.
Dani who paused in front of him whispered. ‘Uncle Tom?’
He looked at her and then Grissel. Those closer to where Dani stood prompted her to move forward so Tom could meet Grissel.
She ignored them and raised up her left arm to be walked down the aisle too. Tom shook her head and glanced at his beautiful bride smiling at her with just a half veil covering the left part of her face.
Grissel nodded her head and he went ahead to walk Dani to the front. Dani was not up to his height so the walking was slow as compared to how Tom wanted it so he swept Dani off her feet in a hurry and rushed her to one of the front seats.
The guests laughed once again at his impatient attitude.
‘That was nice Uncle Tom. You can bring my mom now.’ She said smiling.
‘Thank you,’ he said and rushed off as they were walking closer.
Tom watched Gina with a smile of gratitude when they came closer and gave her a warm hug. He took Grissel’s hands in his and walked away after saying thank you to everyone.
His bride was absolutely beautiful with her light make up and the white blouse he admired. Tom took off his blue suit and put it on her while walking her to meet the priest. No one understood why he did that but they gave him a hand of applause.
Melisa sitting at the back, couldn’t hide her tears while Julia kept smiling.
After the preaching and the necessary rites, Tom was the first to say the church vows as he wasn’t prepared for the wedding. He was smiling throughout his vows. His friends cheered him on as they hadn’t seen him smile in a long while.
‘I have something to say instead of the vows.’ Grissel announced when it got to her turn.
‘Go ahead Grissel.’ The priest replied while Tom glanced at everyone around him.
‘Tom, I love you and you don’t know this yet but the truth is I fell in love with you during that drive. My heart was literally in my stomach so I ignored all your glances.’ She smiled holding his hands. ‘I knew you were the one for me when I suddenly felt the need to leave my past behind for you.’
‘Thank you.’ He replied with excitement written in his eyes.
Grissel swallowed so hard and then a beautiful smile appeared across her face.
‘To think anyone would fall for a mother with an eight year old daughter was always my worry because I was at a bad place with my past which made me feel unworthy and I had it at the back of my mind, nobody would love me if they found out I had a kid or even went to jail for being the reason a child lost his life.’
‘I have no regrets.’ Tom chipped in.
‘But you came along when I never thought I would find somebody who would choose to love me but also choose to adore and accommodate my princess.’ She glanced at Dani who smiled.
‘That’s me.’ Dani shouted from where she sat with her Dad’s camera which she always had in her small bag when travelling.
‘Welcome to the family, Shirley and we can start with the princess tea party.’ Tom whispered and waved Dani. She laughed drawing everyone’s attention for a while.
‘I also know we are going to have a lot of problems raising my daughter but ….’
‘Our daughter, Grissel.’ Tom quickly corrected.
She smiled. ‘Thank you love, I just pray you would be patience with us. We both could be a pain in the neck but I know you are the only man who can look beyond our weakness.’
‘’I would do my best not to smack none of you.” He joked and everyone laughed.
‘We love you Tom.’ She pushed her tears back.
‘You two are my priority now Grissel.’
‘I promise not to nag when you finish all my salt.’ She laughed. ‘And I pray when you are out there every day, you always remember I’m a part of you and you need to get back home in one piece.’
‘I promise to make you an important instrument than my work.’ He felt the need to reply.
‘It was stupid and selfish of me to have left you but I’m back to stay now.’ She said with her emotions radiating from her eyes. ‘And I’m also sorry for all the hurt I caused you these past months but I know you are a better man today because of my troubles.’
Tom mouthed apology accepted quietly.
‘But now that I’m out of a job I pray you stop being stingy with your wallet.’ He smiled while the guests laughed. ‘Our love had been tested and we came out strong so my prayer today is we remain strong in Jesus name.
‘Amen.’ Dani quickly responded smiling at her mom.
Grissel glanced at her one more time and broke down in tears.
‘Mommy.’ She rushed to her on the altar touching her belly. ‘Is the baby crying?’
Grissel’s face was registered with displeasure but she managed a smile and nodded.
‘Lisa, the baby is not moving.’ She searched among the guests for Melisa when her mom didn’t give her an answer earlier.
Melisa stood up from where she sat and got a signal from Grissel to relax.
Julia and Gina as if on cue looked at Melisa’s direction. She nodded to confirm Grissel would be fine as they were already aware of her pregnancy status.
They mumbled a prayer with excitement on their faces.
‘Your brother is just fine Shirley and you just let out our little secret.’ She smooched her daughter’s cheeks.
‘I’m sorry mom. Let me have a seat now.’
Grissel shook her head grinning as she walked back to her seat.
Everyone was just looking on with excitement on their faces. When Tom had decided that morning to let things go and marry Grissel again, Julia, Gina and Morris had to speak to the priest about the pregnancy.
Tom was lost but Grissel was ruining her make up so he reached out for a handkerchief in his suit pocket.
‘Are yo…..’
‘Yes but I’m not sure of the weeks.’
He drew closer and gave her a warm hug while whispering into her ears. ‘I’m going to ask a stupid question?’
Grissel nodded already figuring out what he wanted to know. ‘Tom?’ She called and paused. ‘He is yours from our last night together which by now you know I insisted on a lot of things on purpose.’
Grissel gave out a sheepish smile still engulfed in his arms. They both kept whispering so the guests wouldn’t hear what they were discussing. The pianist noticed they needed privacy so he started to play a soft musical interlude.
‘Would you have come back if it wasn’t for the baby?’ He suddenly asked smiling which Grissel didn’t notice because she was facing the other end of the room still clasped.
‘I don’t know Tom. I guess I just want to be with you once again.’ She replied nervously. ‘Did I piss you off?’
Grissel asked when he was silent.
‘I’m not angry but just wondering why you didn’t tell me earlier so we could be quick with the wedding.’
‘It was to be a surprise but Shirley has been too excited since she found out and at every cough she assumes the baby wasn’t fine.’
‘Great, a sister’s intuition.’ Tom replied and slowly pulled her out of his arms when he felt her temperature was unusual.
‘Can we continue Mr. Addison?’ The priest asked drawing their attention while the music suddenly came to an end.
He smiled at her but with a worried grimace. ‘No, we want to leave now.’ Tom responded happily and quickly.
‘I understand, just switch the rings quickly so I give you both my blessings.’
They rushed the ring moment and smiling every second during the blessing time.
Stella on the other hand, quietly wiped her eyes and smiled as Grissel glanced at her beaming.
‘Are you okay?’ Austin asked behind her.
Stella looked back at him and nodded. ‘Tears of Joy.’
‘Good. I’m officially a Christian and looking for a cool soft drink joint.’ He whispered quietly into her ears.
‘Okay, good luck.’ Stella muttered and focused on the new couples leaving the altar.
‘Tomorrow is a Sunday too and we both are free after church.’ Austin said again when Stella didn’t give her the attention he was craving for all this while when the service started.
‘Yeah, I guess so.’ She was hoping not to miss the couples passing by as she prepared a gift for them.
‘You can tag along if you want.’ He finally said relaxing back on his seat.
Stella instantly looked back and stared at him then it dawned on her what Austin was after. ‘Are you asking me out? Because if you are, then you really suck.’
‘Now you know why I missed that chance with Grissel.’ He winked.
She laughed quietly watching him fumble with his hands. ‘Alright, seven pm. I know a cool place.’
‘Thank you Stella.’ He responded with a grin while Stella stood up to hug Grissel who was going round greeting their guests.
The hug was longer than expected. ‘I’m happy for you Grissel.’
‘I know you are and thank you.’
“I’m awesome.” She teased and disengaged from the hug while handing her an envelope.
‘What is inside?’
‘Dear Past.’
‘Ahaaa, you found it.’ Grissel smiled and was going to open it when she told her she hasn’t changed anything.
‘Yeah, and oh, Austin just asked me out.’ She announced glancing at Austin who was just staring at them.
Grissel was reaching out for a hug when Tom came by.
‘Sorry guys, we have to leave now.’ He smiled signaling his other two friends.
‘Clive?’ Grissel mentioned.
‘Yes, I heard about the wine bottle and I was delighted.’ Tom muttered with a foolish grin.
‘You are weird right now.’ She said smiling.
‘The reception is all yours.’ He smacked his Dad’s chest grinning.
Morris looked at him and then to Melisa who nodded.
‘Thank you and see you when you get back.’ He said loudly so Tom could hear him from afar.
‘Tom, wait for me.’ Joe called from a far distance.
Everyone around was wondering why he was running towards them.
‘Can I ask for your Aunty’s hand in marriage?’ He said breathlessly.
Melisa and Tom glanced at Julia who had a frown on. They knew what she needs now isn’t marriage.
Tom looked back at Joe who was still trying to catch his breath. The room was silent as everyone was waiting for an answer.
‘No, you can’t.’ He said loudly.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
eps 36

‘What? Joe said on top of his voice.
‘Aunty doesn’t want marriage.’ Melisa quickly interrupted.
‘But I love her and wa….’
‘Yes, she loves you too but just look at the expression on her face right now.’ Tom chipped in.
Joe and everyone around glanced at Julia who quickly took her eyes off them.
‘Don’t worry, I’m sure she wants you to move in.’ Morris said and patted him on the back. They had become so close during Grissel’s case.
‘It’s settled then.’ Tom said and saw Grissel walking to a sit as if she was tired so he suddenly carried her off the floor while everyone looked on.
There was an applause from the middle of the crowd and it was Amy. Tom didn’t know she was invited as well. He smiled at her and Grissel gave her a long stare.
‘Don’t be jealous right now.’ He whispered in her ears teasing.
‘I’m just so tired and need some rest.’ She announced and saw Stella already by their car.
Melisa spotted Bryan leaving the premises and sent Dani to tell him to wait behind.
‘Hey,’ Melisa called out to him after everyone had left.
Stella and Dani drove the new couples to the airport. Melisa was tasked with cleaning up the premises.
Bryan alongside with Paige stayed behind and helped with Melisa’s equipment’s while she took care of their personal stuffs in the rooms.
‘Are the room’s sorted out?’ He asked walking towards her.
Melisa stared at him until he got closer. She leaned on the balcony and he stood behind her.
‘I’m sorry about the wedding embarrassment Bryan. I was just angry you connived with Henry.’
‘I deserve what happened this morning Lisa and sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner.’
‘Bryan, I may never love you as you do.’ She paused for a while and muttered.
‘I know that but why did you ask me to wait behind.’
‘I thought you left with your Dad when I messed everything up.’ Melisa informed him.
‘I was going to leave after your Dad managed to calm my father but then you came out in your dress and I couldn’t take my eyes off.’
‘So you stayed at a ceremony that you thought was yours even when you were embarrassed.’
‘Seeing you was worth it.’
‘Are you always this mushy or it’s because you plan on convincing me.’ A grin appeared on her cheeks.
‘Both but I know that’s not possible right now and I respect your decision.’
Melisa whose focus was on the figure lurking around in the dark downstairs felt a tap.
‘I’m starting work next week. I would be busy all the time as I opted for night duty.’ She said without looking back at him.
‘Finally, I could get free health care around here.’ He slurred.
Melisa laughed and watched him for a few seconds in silence.
He beamed and contemplated on reaching out for her hands.
‘You didn’t get me earlier.’ She signaled him to come closer to the balcony.
‘I know you are going to be a busy doctor.’
‘Yes, but I w..ant us to st…art som…ethi..ng.’ She stuttered. ‘If it works out we embrace it.’
‘If it doesn’t?’ He asked stupidly.
‘We let go.’ She replied with a confused stare.
‘Yeah, that was a stupid question. But I’m in.’ He replied with a happy face and reached out for her hands.
‘Let’s not rush it Bryan.’ She announced and glanced at his hands comfortably smooching hers.
‘Oh sorry.’ He saw her eyes still on their hands and got the message. ‘But tell me the reason behind your change of mind.’
‘I liked you from the start but you made a mistake which I’m not over yet.’ She sternly said with her hands in the air. ‘But I saw the look on your face when I was ranting.’
‘What did my look say?’
‘You were embarrassed but at the same time, I saw desire and maybe love, then you waiting behind after everything made me realize you weren’t there because I asked you to marry me to please our parents but you came for me. And I appreciate that.’
‘That’s a great speech Lisa.’ He blushed. ‘I love you.’
‘Okay but right no….’
‘Lisa, someone is here to see you.’
She turned her back and saw Paige with Dane.
Her eyes went blank for a second. He saw him walking closer while Bryan pulled away to the other side.
‘Hi.’ He said after a minute of watching her closely.
‘Dane. What are you doing here?’
‘I heard you were getting married and I had to quickly rush here.’ He scratched his head.
She sighed and smiled. ‘You heard.’
‘Yes, Dani called with direction and time. I hope I’m not late for the ceremony.’
Melisa laughed so hard and he was so confused.
‘What’s funny? Is he the one you choose over me?’ Dane asked pointing to Bryan.
‘I didn’t choose anyone over you Dane but you should be happy I moved on.’
He was pained and yet masking it very well. ‘Was the wedding message a prank? I know how cheeky Dani can be sometimes.’
‘No it was real and when I said I didn’t choose anyone over you I meant I don’t want you anymore.’
‘What are you talking about when you know I love you?’
‘No you never loved me, if you did you would have stopped inflicting pain on my family when I pleaded with you to stop.’
Paige could feel the love and at the same time pain in Melisa’s voice. She was wondering why Bryan was just standing there doing nothing.
‘Oh okay, I get it now. This is about Grissel moving in.’ He said calmly when everyone around him was quiet.
‘No, it’s about getting screwed over.’ She teased and laughed.
‘Screwed over?’
‘Yes, by Grissel and Dani.’ She signaled Paige who walked over to her bag on the table in a corner and brought her an envelope.
‘Grissel.’ He mentioned as if he just remembered there’s someone by that name. ‘By the way, where’s she? And Dani is nowhere to be found when I got back to the apartment.’
She sighed. ‘Grissel left you this. You should sit down before you read.’
He looked at both Paige and Bryan who was smiling weirdly then he angrily snatched the envelope from Melisa’s hands.
‘Easy Dane. It’s good news.’ She teased once more and moved towards Bryan who was standing with Paige.
He hurriedly opened the envelope and saw his copy of the annulment and custody papers he signed when he went into agreement with Grissel. Dane was ignoring it when his eyes caught the highlighted portion.
Dane was confused reading the paper for the first time since he got it from his father’s lawyer.
He toss it aside and opened the note that was addressed to him. He recognized the handwriting to be Stella’s.
‘Is this a joke? Why should I read a letter from Stella?’ He flared as if his father’s stunt was not enough and now a letter from another family member.
‘Dane, patience. And if you want to know who got married you should read it to the end.’ Melisa joyfully said but hurting badly as well.
He stared at all three of them and straightened the paper in order or read but his eyes came across Grissel’s handwriting at the back of the envelope.
He proceeded to read carefully.
I wrote this last night when everyone was asleep, I thought it was childish so I tossed it in the bin but I guess Stella found it this morning and rewrote it.
Today, my tears are over and I’m glad she gave it to me as a wedding present but I’m giving it out to you as a goodbye present. Your dad managed to give me custody which I’m not sure you even read when you kept it locked up in your safe.
Good luck with Melisa. She probably doesn’t want you anymore but just know our daughter is safe with me.
Dane lifted his head lightly but it was heavy. He spotted a table and chair in a corner and dragged himself there.
He sat down sharply, held his head in his hands and picked up the note left in the envelope. Though a week ago he had no problem if Grissel left him, he was angry now finding out his dad outsmarted him and he probably lost Melisa too.
‘Dear Past,
We had our time and I got a gold at the end. If you ask me, I think I was the luckiest.
I loved you even when you were too controlling, then the worse happened. I was your egg but you toss me into depression like I was just a piece of an egg shell you got after breaking the egg.
Until I met another controlling freak, I wasn’t sure I knew what love was. You showed me how to love but with Tom, I learnt how to love at my own time. I guess your love lesson which you couldn’t finish paid off. I’m with the man of my dreams and I’m so happy than I ever was with you.
Our daughter is very much in support of my decision and the law is on my side. That’s enough for me to move ahead.
You can see Shirley whenever you wish and though she asked for her name to be changed permanently, I respect you Dane, so she get to have two names.
I knew you Dane, you were a better person than what you showed me at my worse time. Sorry the loss of Shane was by the hands of the woman you loved and the same woman made you heartless. I never thought I would hate you this much until I found out you kept the secret about his health from me. But if we both want to be heartless, who would raise our daughter so I forgive you.
However, Tom would do his best but I still expect you to be the father Shirley always knew in my absence. Show her you are not cold, heartless and a yelling dad because that’s all she sees in your eyes now.
You resent me as much as I did a week ago for keeping me in the dark but forgive me for the sake of Shirley who now thinks her Dad is the worse father on earth.
Your Nemesis,
Grissel.
Dane sat for a few minutes and looked back at Melisa. He picked up the envelope and walked towards her.
Paige quickly came to stand in front of her while Bryan looked on.
‘I just want to talk to her.’ He asked in a feeble voice.
‘Talk, she can hear you.’ Paige replied.
He shook his head. ‘Did Dani leave with her mom?’
‘No, Stella will bring her by tomorrow and pick her up when Grissel gets back.’ Paige answered while Melisa looked on.
He took a step forward towards Melisa and Paige kept blocking his way.
‘I won’t hit her. I just want us to talk.’
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
EPS 36 cont'd

‘But I’ve answered you Dane. You should leave now.’ Paige answered once more while Bryan looked on.
‘Lisa, I still love you.’ He said and got a sigh from Bryan.
‘She doesn’t want you. You had her and you lost her.’ Paige said turning to check on Melisa who was literally boiling with emotions.
‘Alright, All the best.’ He walked away without looking back.
Melisa made an attempt to go after him but Paige hugged her tightly preventing her from moving. Bryan who was looking on like a girl who couldn’t defend what he loved just kept masking his emotions with smiles.
After about ten minutes, they were leaving when Stella’s car light gave them a scare. Melisa was glad Henry didn’t show up to ruin the wedding but she could feel he was there from the beginning.
They walked closer to her car with Bryan tagging along holding Melisa’s bag.
‘Shouldn’t you two be miles away by now?’ Melisa asked no one in particular.
Grissel raised her eyes towards Dani who had refused to sleep because she feels Grissel would leave her behind when she does.
Melisa laughed which surprised Bryan and Paige because she was moody earlier.
‘So what are you guys going to do?’
‘Nothing, and I need you to check Grissel when we get back to the house.’ Tom answered.
‘Lisa, mommy is sick and the baby is not moving. I told you in church.’
Melisa’s heart skipped. She opened the door instantly. ‘The abdominal pains again?’
She nodded.
’You two passed by several hospitals and couldn’t enter any of them.’
‘Can we start going already?’ Stella who felt ignored earlier spoke up.
‘Okay, I will drive behind you guys. I’m sure it’s just the stress from standing for long.’
Stella drove off as Melisa hurried to her car with Paige leaving Bryan and her bag behind.

Read the other Episodes here - http://youngicee.com/category/BLEMISHED-love

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2018
tanks OP. jah bless
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE - EPISODE 37
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved

As the days went by Grissel found it difficult staying in the same house which she once left behind but with a little help from her mom she adjusted. Dani got a new school two weeks after the wedding and Dane wasn’t heard from since then.

Grissel was already five months into her pregnancy and Tom was already tired of her childish attitude hence he had to bring his office to the house just to be around when she calls.

Tom was now so found of Shirley and Grissel always felt alone sometimes but then Melisa had explained to her it was just her hormones.

‘Stella, can you get the door?’ Mrs. Medts asked from the kitchen.

‘Alright mom,’ Stella said dragging her feet on the floor. She just came back from a night out with Austin and her mom insisted to get her a hot tea as she seemed a bit drunk.

She walked to the door and turned the knob. ‘Austin?’

‘Yes, I came to see you.’

‘I just met you over two hours ago.’

‘Two hours. That’s true but I missed you so I came over.’

Gosh, how do you even know this place?’

‘We have lots of mutual friends my dear.’

Stella was just holding on to the door watching him smile. She knew it was Grissel.

‘And the security at the door?’

‘Ooh, wine fixed that.’

‘You gave him wine on the Job.’

‘You are crazy right now.’

‘Yeah, I think I’m crazy about you.’

‘Who is at the door Stella?’ She gasped and looked back. Her parents were the main reason she didn’t want Austin to know her place.

Her parents would definitely like him more than she does but she felt they should take their relationship a bit slow. Over these five months, she had only seen him four times and that was okay with her as she didn’t want to push it.

‘No one mom.’ She quickly got out of the house and closed the door before her mom could come out of the kitchen.

‘Let me greet your mom.’

‘That’s not happening. Let’s go already.’

‘Go where?’ He asked looking back at the door.

‘Your car? She said dragging him away when her phone rang from her Pajamas pocket.

She let him go and reached for her phone.

‘You might want to get that.’ He said smiling sheepishly.

Stella hissed and answered the call.

‘Grissel, shouldn’t you be sleeping by now?’

‘Yes, expect my husband took my daughter on a date and then Austin called about your address.’

‘So you couldn’t ask me first before giving out my address.’

‘Is he there yet?’ Grissel ignored her question.

‘Yes, he’s here smiling and annoyingly happy right now.’

‘That’s good right.’

‘No, I don’t want my parents to get attached to him too.’

‘He’s not Henry. Just let him meet them.’

‘It’s a waste of time talking to you.’ Stella told her.

‘Just do the right thing and besides you are not a child anymore.’

‘Thank you for reminding me I’m almost thirty.’ They had a deal back in law school to settle down before thirty.

Grissel laughed so loud. ‘Can I ask?’

‘No and I haven’t slept with him yet if that’s what you are asking.’ Stella replied quickly.

‘Good girl. Let me leave you two to talk.’

Stella sighed. ‘Hey, do you need anything?’

‘I’m craving for ice cream all the time and the boss of the house says no.’

‘Well, he’s right so just hold on there until those two boys are out.’

‘That’s not fair but thanks for letting him work from home.’

‘I did that for you and I think he’s always on time with his paper works.’

‘I love you Ella.’

‘I miss y…..’ She was saying when her mom came out.

‘Who do we have here?’ Mrs. Medts said when she came out.

Austin looked on waiting for an approval from Stella before he could go ahead.

‘Mom, wait for us inside.’

‘Okay dear. Your dad and I would be waiting for you.’ Mrs. Medt smiled and went back in.

Stella swallowed hard knowing the kind of drama awaiting her inside.

Grissel hanged up before she could say anything else.

‘Hey, I’m sorry. We can do this another time if you are not ready.’

Stella frowned at him and walked closer. She gave him a playful knock on his head.

‘You are annoying right now but then we’ve been seeing each other for five months and if you think you are ready to meet my parents then I won’t stop you.’

‘Thank you Stella’

‘Let’s go already.’

‘I think this is the first time I’m seeing you half naked.

‘Jeez,’ she smacked him again.

‘Can I sleep over?’ He asked when he was about to open the door.

Stella looked at him and smiled. ‘I think you should go back home.’

‘Alright I would behave now.’ He pleaded and entered the room after her.

Mr. Medts was seated on his favorite chair with spectacles on while Mrs. Medts came out from the kitchen with a tray.

‘Dad, I told mom not to wake you up.’

‘So I could miss this family drama. No way Princess.’

He laughed and Austin joined in the laughter.

Stella hit him with her elbow to stop laughing.

‘Why isn’t he seated?’ Mrs. Medts hurriedly dropped the juice tray on the table beside her husband and walked to Austin holding him to have a seat.

Stella couldn’t help but laugh. ‘You haven’t seen anything yet.’ She told Austin after she walked closer and noticed the shock on his face.

He smiled back and they got talking throughout the night. Stella insisted he had to leave and her parents didn’t want him to.

They got him the guest house just outside the main building and that saved them the drama.

Henry was nowhere to be found after the wedding and Tom was so worried he might be lurking around his house. Though they had reported to the police after the wedding, Tom was still not comfortable especially when he found out Grissel was going to have two boys in four months. He hadn’t left her side since then.

Grissel wasn’t happy when her husband restricted her from going out of the house or buying anything but Julia made her understood Tom was just protecting his children.

Before they left for their date night she had pleaded to come with them but Tom insisted it wasn’t her turn yet. Grissel sprawled on the couch after talking to Stella waiting for Tom to get back soon.

‘Hey, you seem not sure of this.’ Bryan said to Melisa pointing to her luggage in his shop.

‘It’s nothing.’ She feigned a smile.

‘You know, it’s alright if you don’t want to move in with me yet.’

‘Bryan, I already told you I want this.’ Melisa said standing up from her seat to meet him half way over the counter.

‘Okay, so why the sad face.’ He cupped her face in his hands. Melisa tried to kiss him and he let her go.

‘I guess you have an answer to your earlier question.’

‘Wait, you were sad because I wouldn’t touch you.’ He laughed.

‘This isn’t funny Bryan.’

‘I know but I just want to do the right thing.’

‘Which is the right thing here?’ Melisa asked walking closer to him again.

‘Making you my wife first.’

‘Last I checked marriage wasn’t even on the table for the both of us.’

‘Yes but what if I’ve changed my mind.’

‘That’s not a problem but we can get ahead of that.’ Melisa said stylishly and held his face closer.

He looked up at her lips and pushed her away slowly. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he nervously picked it up while Melisa stared at him.

‘I’m sorry,’ he nervously said after reading the message and putting the phone back in his pocket.

‘It’s been five months and you keep giving one excuse after the other.’

‘We talked about this Lisa.’ He said remorsefully.

‘Yes and I’m tired of waiting.’

‘I don’t want to disobey y…..’ He was about to say and paused with his face down immediately.

‘Disobey who?’

‘Forget it. Let’s send your stuff in.’ He regained his composure.

‘Did my dad or Julia put you up to this?’ She asked raging.

‘No, I didn’t say that.’

‘Then who is making you this nervous.’

‘I said let’s forget it Lisa. He’s not worth it.’

‘Was is Dane?’ She asked and got no response from him. ‘Or Tom.’

Bryan raised up his head at that moment yet again with a frown on his face. Melisa got the message and grabbed his hand luggage which was up close. She rushed out of his shop towards her car parked in front of the next shop while he followed.

‘Lisa, wait for me.’ Bryan said following him.

She dropped her luggage in the booth of her car and drove off.

‘Uncle Tom, so tell me what you like about my mom.’ Dani asked when Tom parked in front of their house and was about to enter the house.

They just came back from one of their usual date nights. Tom has been keeping to his promise to be a dad to Dani while Dane was still nowhere to be found.

‘You are too young to understand Shirley.’

‘Try me Uncle.’ She said cheekily.

‘Alright, maybe her cooking.’

‘Oh really, just that?’ Shirley was disappointed.

‘This is a difficult question Shirley. I don’t know how to answer you now.’

‘That’s fine, you can think about it tonight and let me know tomorrow.’

‘Great. Let’s get going.’ He kept looking inside his mirror for a while and shook his head.

Tom drove in after Dani helped in opening the gate for him. When they walked in Grissel was on the floor with a bowl of watermelon in front of her. She frowned when Tom came empty handed. He had been denying her ice cream for two months and even took away her bank cards so she couldn’t order online.

Grissel just can’t stay off the ice-cream even when she was told at the hospital to cut down her sugar in take.

‘How are you and my babies?’ Tom went closer to her planting a kiss on her already protruding belly.

‘I’ve been fine and this is the last of the fruits.’

‘Got it. I would go grocery shopping tomorrow.’

‘Great, can you add some ice cream?’ She asked with a sad grimace.

‘Mommy, I’m sure you can have a lot of ice cream once my brothers are out.’ Dani who had been watching all that while chipped in.

She gave her a stare and Dani rushed off dragging Tom along with her.

They were barely out of the hall when Melisa barged in furiously. Grissel probably didn’t hear the gate open because she was so focused on the ice cream part of their conversation.

‘Where’s he?’ She asked standing in front of her.

‘I’m not fine Lisa.’ Grissel responded. She knew anytime Melisa came to their end, she always had an ice cream hidden in a storage flask for her.

‘Is he upstairs?’ She asked ignoring her earlier complaint. Usually, Melisa would smile and tell her where to find the ice cream.

‘What’s going on here?’ Tom who heard the noise from upstairs came in a hurry.

‘Did you tell Bryan not to sleep with me?’ She asked facing his brother now.

‘Really? You think I care who you sleep with right now?’ He said sternly.

Melisa paused for a few seconds and sat down on the next couch dropping her car keys beside her.

Grissel smiled and picked it up while Tom was walking over to grab a seat too.

‘I’m sorry, I thought he was referring to you.’

‘Well maybe he meant Dane.’ Tom replied patting her sisters back.

‘Dane? That’s not possible.’ She said with a smile as if she had something else on her mind.

‘I know you went looking for him Lisa.’ He announced.

‘You know that how?’ She asked with a shaky voice.

‘I have my ways.’ He responded with displeasure.

‘And that makes you angry?’ She asked staring at him.

‘You know I don’t want him for you and the mere thought of him abandoning Shirley without any notice makes my heart ache.’

‘He went through a lot and I’m sure he went somewhere to clear his mind.’ Melisa defended.

‘He’s so childish even Shirley is more matured than him.’ Tom teased.

‘Talking about Shirley, where is she?’ Melisa asked since it was unusual for her not to see Shirley all over her when she came in.

‘And where’s Grissel?’ Tom also asked nervously looking around. Just at that moment they heard a shout from outside.

They both stood up and looked at the front door.

‘Isn’t that mommy?’ Shirley asked standing beside them. They had no idea when she came to stand beside them.

Tom looked at her and fear gripped him. As if on cue, they all rushed towards the front door. Melisa and Tom were so focused on their conversation earlier that they had no idea Grissel went out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
Episode 37 cont'd

A car had nearly hit Grissel and she dropped on the floor just next to the gate where Melisa parked her car.

Dane was running helplessly across the road when he saw what happened. He had been sitting in his car across Tom’s house for the past week, contemplating on how to explain his absence.

‘Are you okay? Wait, you are pregnant?’ He asked panting reaching out for her hand.

Grissel on the floor looked up at him and withdrew her hands. ‘How is that your problem and I don’t need your help.’

‘Okay,’ he withdrew his steps and was walking away when the gate opened.

His eyes caught Melisa first and then Dani who rushed to him.

‘Daddy, you are back.’ She was excited when Dane picked her up.

‘Yes and I brought you a lot of toys and ice cream.’

‘Did you say ice cream?’ Grissel whose attention was on Tom’s reaction when he came out seeing her on the floor asked immediately.

‘Y..es, van..illa and cho..colate.’ He stuttered.

‘Tom, help me up.’ She smiled and called out to him bringing him and Melisa out of their trance. Tom gave her a stare and she knew it was because of the ice cream.

‘Hey, do you want to come in?’ Tom asked Dane who was trying so hard not to look at Melisa.

Melisa quickly went back in when Tom spoke.

‘I don’t think it’s a good idea.’ Dane replied watching Grissel on the floor closely.

‘Tom won’t you help me up.’

‘What are you doing out here?’ He knew she wasn’t hurt because if she were Dane wouldn’t have been that calm.

‘I thought Lisa brought ice cream so I came to check but couldn’t find it, then I heard a screeching sound behind me.’

‘And you fell on the floor?’ Tom asked her.

‘Yes, I didn’t see the car coming.’ She complained.

‘Did you?’ He turned to Dane who was playing with Dani on his shoulders.

‘Huh!’ He exclaimed. ‘I just arrived.’

‘Come on Dude. I know you’ve been sitting in your car all week hoping to come in.’ Tom announced and Grissel was just hoping to be picked off the floor soon.

Dane sitting in front of their house is something she expected after what happened so it wasn’t news to her.

‘I’m sorry, I just wanted to talk to Dani.’

‘So why didn’t you stop being a girl and walk in.’

‘I wasn’t so sure Grissel would want me to see her.’ He said watching her focus on Tom.

‘You are right she wouldn’t but it’s not her decision anymore.’

‘Yes, Daddy. Uncle said he would let me see you.’

‘That would be fun.’ Dane told her daughter poking her nose.

Grissel was crawling on the floor getting to the gate. Tom suddenly stood in front of her.

‘Wait here, I would carry you.’ He signaled her while she looked up at him and smiled relaxing on the floor with her back against his legs.

‘Daddy, I’ve started school and I can’t wait to tell you about my new friends.’

‘That’s awesome!’ Dane exclaimed.

‘Would you come in now?’ Tom asked again feeling Grissel’s gaze on him which he knew she wanted him to stop him from coming in.

He nodded while Dani jubilated. ‘Let me get the ice cream from the car.’

‘Good, I would wait for you inside.’ Tom said and carried Grissel off the floor inside the house.

He went in meeting Melisa peeping through the window.

‘Do you want to see him?’ He asked after putting Grissel gently on the couch.

‘No, why would I want to do that.’ Melisa coyly answered him.

‘Good, then you should hide because I invited him over.’

‘Why? Tell him to go back.’ Melisa told him.

‘No, I want him to take Dani away for the weekend. He’s been across that street everyday hoping to see her.’

‘Come on Tom. He doesn’t need that right now.’

‘You mean he doesn’t need his daughter?’

‘He does but I meant, coming in here.’

‘That’s not your decision to make and if you two don’t want to be here just go inside.’

Melisa was tired of reaching out to his brother so she signaled Grissel. ‘Why are you not objecting this?’

‘Lisa, Tom knows what is right for Shirley.’ She said trying to stand up while Melisa rushed to help her.

They both walked away in to the kitchen. Tom just looked on smiling.

***TBC

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 24, 2018
Interesting... Thanks for the update
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2018
oya
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 38
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved
Dane and Dani walked in ten minutes after Grissel and Melisa had decided to leave the hall.
Tom seemed nervous while waiting for him but completely had a smiling face on when they walked closer to him in the hall. He checked the time and it was eight in the evening.
‘You can have a seat here. I will be back soon.’
‘Thanks for having me.’ Dane said pulling Dani closer.
He nodded and was walking away when Dani followed.
‘Uncle Tom, should I bring the ice cream?’
Tom took another look at them both and smiled.
‘Of course. Let me help you with it.’
They walked away leaving Dane staring at the room.
Melisa and Grissel were standing by the kitchen table staring at each other. It didn’t look like they were chatting before Tom entered.
‘Love, are you okay.’ He asked concerned.
Grissel nodded and her eyes fell on the ice cream in the bag he was holding.
Dani suddenly laughed and all attention fell on her.
‘Sorry I laughed.’ She covered her face with her palms running to where Melisa was standing.
Tom dropped the ice cream on top of the fridge while fetching a tray.
‘Tom?’ Grissel called.
‘Ahaaa! Do you need help?’ He turned around facing her.
‘Uhmmm.’ She nodded staring at the ice cream.
He ignored her stare, picking up an Orange and Guava juice from the fridge.
‘Guava.’ Both Grissel and Melisa chorused.
Tom watched them closely and smiled. He figured they knew it was for Dane.
‘Dad doesn’t like orange juice.’ Dani said breaking the silence.
‘Got it.’ He scratched his head.
He switched the drink and picked a tray and another glass.
‘Let me help you.’ Dani rushed to Tom.
‘Thank you.’ He smooched her hair.
Grissel you can have the ice cream.’ Tom said from afar and examined her smiling face.
‘Thanks.’ She finally said leaping with joy.
‘Just a little bit of it and no extra ice.’ He cautioned.
‘Okay Love.’ Grissel didn’t want to make her joy so obvious so she put a straight face on.
‘It has already melted so just pour it in a glass.’
Melisa was just watching them give each other faces.
‘You know how to go about the arrangement in the files right.’ Grissel wanted to be sure Tom could handle the visitation arrangement. They had talked about it at length and the papers were ready just waiting for when Dane would show up.
‘Ahaaa. I won’t disappoint you.’
‘I’m happy you are doing this with me Tom.’ Grissel complimented.
‘I love you.’ He laughed and walked away with Dani while Grissel kept smiling.
‘What is going on with you two?’ Melisa asked when Tom left. Her mind was all over the place the whole time. To think Dane was in the next room and he hasn’t asked of her yet was unusual for her. Especially when he pretended not to have seen her earlier that evening.
‘Your brother wants me to give Reed two holidays in a year and one weekend each month.’
‘And you agreed to that Grissel.’
‘I don’t exactly have a choice Lisa.’ Grissel walked away to the fridge.
‘Yes you do. What happened to you fighting for full custody and now giving it away?’
‘I’m not throwing it away.’ Grissel said walking back from the fridge with the ice cream box and glass.
‘Let me help you with that.’ Melisa dragged a chair for her and proceeded in helping with the ice cream.
‘I want Shirley every time of the day but Reed is her father and I don’t want Shirley to blame me someday for keeping his dad away from her.’
‘I know but it’s just as if your sacrifice was in vain.’ Melisa lamented.
‘We didn’t make this arrangement because it would favor us. Shirley wanted it and we just gave our consent.’
‘That’s okay sweetheart.’ Don’t stress yourself.’ She handed her the glass of ice cream.
Melisa’s phone rang for the fifth time and she silenced it.
‘That must be Bryan again.’ Grissel asked her.
‘I would see him later.’ She said waving her hands in the air.
‘Emmm, how’s that going.’ Grissel enquired.
‘Fine I guess. We are moving in together.’
‘Great step.’ Grissel smiled.
‘I hope so an…….’ She was saying when her phone rang again.
‘Just talk to him.’ Grissel encouraged.
She glanced at the ringing phone and answered before Bryan could hang up.
‘Can we talk when I get home?’
‘Okay, but I’m almost at your end.’
‘Huh!’ She exclaimed. ‘Where exactly?’
‘You went to Tom’s right.’
‘Yes, but you don’t need to come here.’
‘Too late, I’m in a cab now.’ He said and hanged up.
‘He hanged up.’ Melisa said in the phone and looked at Grissel.
‘I can see that and you know Reed is still around right.’
Melisa gasped. ‘Tom?’ She yelled out to him.
Within a second Tom rushed to the kitchen.
‘Is Grissel okay?’ His eyes were fixated on Grissel at the door.
‘I’m fine Love but you are going to cause your sister another relationship, if you don’t wrap up in the next two minutes.’
‘What happened?’
‘Bryan is on his way here.’ Melisa chipped in.
‘So?’ Tom asked.
‘So Reed has to go.’ Grissel laughed.
He breathed in deeply and turned away from them.
‘Did he just ignore us?’ Melisa asked with shock on her face.
‘Yes, and I think you should just meet Bryan outside the house.’
‘Sometimes I just feel like going back to be by myself.’ Melisa lamented.
‘That world where you sleep with everything in trousers?’ Grissel asked staring.
Melisa raised up her head slowly. ‘At least I had my freedom.’
‘Freedom or Sex.’
She hissed. ‘I guess the Sex.
‘You are lucky you didn’t have a mom like mine.’
‘Grissel it’s not fair for Bryan to treat me that way.’
‘You are being too hard on him when he only wants you to love him.’
‘But I’ve been doing the loving for the past five months.’ She said with frustration on her face.
‘Are you sure?’ Grissel asked with a smile.
‘Alright. I admit I don’t love him but then it’s no news to him.’ She frowned.
‘Talk to him then and come to an agreement.’ Grissel advised.
‘I wasn’t really bothered about the sex in my last relationship but with Bryan I just feel like something is missing.’
‘You mean with Reed, it was love and no matter what decision he makes about sex you were okay with it.’
Melisa glared at her for a while. ‘Yes I was, mainly because I love him and was willing to wait till he was ready.’
‘Then why make Bryan go through all these when you know he is just a fling.’
‘I don’t see him that way and I respect whatever decision he makes but Grissel the guy gets all nervous when I want to touch him.’
Grissel relaxed back and popped out her eyes as if she just remembered something. She picked up her glass of Ice cream and gulped it contemplating on getting the rest from the fridge but she knew Tom would get angry.
‘You can’t see what is happening here right?’ Grissel asked nervously.
‘Hey, are you okay.’
‘How often does Bryan stare at his phone?’ She asked ignoring her earlier question.
‘A whole lot of times and then checking the window as if he was being watched.
‘And that didn’t look suspicious to you?’ Grissel asked smartly.
‘No and funny enough he happens to have those calls when I bring the issue up.’ Melisa said feeling her forehead. She suddenly had a headache.
Grissel stood up and walked to the fridge bringing out the other ice cream. ‘Please tell your brother you a…..’
‘Yes, I ate the rest of the ice cream. Got it but you seem lost.’ Melisa interrupted her.
Grissel walked back grabbing a seat. ‘Does Henry drive a red pick up?’
‘No, but Bryan had a red pickup.’
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Episode 38 cont'd

‘Had?’ Grissel asked.
‘Yes, he sold it after the wedding.’ Melisa answered.
‘Was that what he told you?’
‘Yes, you know he’s still trying to get his shop running without asking his dad for help.’
‘Forgive me if I step on your toes.’
‘Grissel, what’s the problem.’
‘A red pickup hit me earlier.’
‘So? It’s probably a coincidence.’
‘No, I know a coincidence when I see one but this driver was waiting for me to come out.’
‘That wasn’t Bryan. He doesn’t even have a car now to drive here that fast.’
‘You are naïve Lisa. It’s Henry and he must have threatened Bryan.’
Melisa examined her face. ‘Henry I heard left town.’
‘Well, he’s either back or never left because who else is obsessed about us.’
Melisa looked at her and relaxed back on her seat. ‘I think you are right. Bryan to me is still a naïve little boy which would do anything to please that douche bag.’
‘Okay, so what do we do?’ Grissel asked.
‘Nothing, I’m just relieved it wasn’t Dane.’
‘But Henry is dangerous. He must have followed you here.’ Grissel sounded worried.
‘I told you my Dad had already reported him to the police so I would brief him tomorrow.’
‘Please do before Tom finds out it was him. I’ve had a stress free marriage for the past five months and I don’t want him to flip.’ She said with shaky hands.
‘Relax, nothing is going to happen to your marriage. I brought Henry into your life so I would get him out.’
‘Thanks and I love you.’ Grissel smiled.
‘Okay, how long have you been waiting to say that?’ Melisa teased.
‘Since I walked into your brother’s life.’
They were still talking when Dani rushed in hugging her mom tightly.
‘What’s going on Princess?’ Melisa asked while Grissel held on to her daughter.
‘We are leaving?’ She said sadly.
‘Oh that’s great.’ Melisa leaped with joy.
‘Lisa.’ She run into her arms whispering into her ears.
‘Don’t worry. Nothing would happen.’ Melisa said encouraging her about whatever she whispered to her.
‘Okay, I will see you on Monday.’ Dani said cheekily.
‘No phone in school tomorrow.’
‘Yes mom. Uncle Tom already told Dad my curfew times.’
‘Awesome.’ She said and gave her a peck. Which she cheekily run away after smacking Lisa in the stomach.
‘Dad, I’m ready.’
‘I was waiting for you.’
‘Uncle Tom, did you tell him abo…..’
‘Sorry, I forgot.’ He smiled staring at Shirley who was nervous all of a sudden.
‘Is there a problem?’ Dane asked.
‘No, except when you yell at her.’ Tom announced with a straight face.
‘That won’t happen again. I’ve worked on myself.’
‘It better not dude.’ Tom cautioned.
‘I understand you care about my daughter.’ Dane replied sadly and picked up Dani’s bag while they walked away from him.
‘Uncle Tom, I would be watching you from a far.’
‘I know you would but don’t worry your mom would be fine.’
Dane smiled watching her closely. He opened the door letting Dani out first.
‘I think you should get a security at your gate.’ He told Tom with a serious face on.
‘Thanks, I would see to that.’ Tom waved him and they left.
Dane left a few minutes after when Bryan came rushing in. After greeting everyone he started fidgeting with his hands.
Melisa and Grissel just came out of the kitchen when he came in sweating.
‘Don’t sit yet. We are leaving at once.’ Melisa told him and walked to Tom.
‘Would you be alright?’ Tom asked wiping the stray tears on her face. He knew she wasn’t happy with Bryan. Melisa had no idea when she cried so she grabbed her brother’s shirt to wipe her face dry.
‘Yes, we would work it out.’
‘Great. Call me if you need help.’ Tom drew her in to his arms for a while.
‘Tom, I’m still in Seattle.’
‘Yes I know but I feel like you are suffering too much.’
‘It’s okay, I have a job now and that should at least take away my pains.’
‘I’m so sorry.’ He whispered.
‘Don’t worry about it.’ She pulled herself out of his arms.
‘And that reminds me, did you talk to Grissel about the ice cream intake?’
Melisa glanced at Grissel who was resting her tired body on the couch while Bryan relaxed against the wall. She was surprised he was still standing when from her earlier caution.
She laughed quietly. ‘When Michelle said no ice creams, she meant the one’s with raw eggs.’
‘I’m guessing she ate all that in the fridge.’ Tom figured it out with the look on her sister’s face.
‘Ahuh. It’s alright, just make sure it’s the processed type with no raw eggs.’
‘Thank you Doctor.’ Tom teased and she smacked him while walking away.
When they got to her car, Bryan wanted to drive so she let him. Their drive home was silent after Melisa told him she was okay with his decisions which gave him a scare because he actually came there to tell her the truth.
Melisa knew Henry was following them since they left Tom’s place and it confirmed Grissel’s fear’s earlier. She felt Bryan was just trying to protect them.
They got to his shop around ten in the evening and he had only one room upstairs which was the reason they were moving into a bigger room before that evening’s quarrel.
Bryan took the couch in his shop downstairs while Melisa had the whole room upstairs to herself.
Tom woke up in the middle of the night and his heart skipped when Grissel was not beside him. He saw the bathroom light on and was relieved but wondered why she didn’t call him this time for an escort. He laid back waiting for her when he heard noises coming from the hall.
They were so deafening to his ears that his heart skipped yet again and he decided to check it out. Tom rushed to the bathroom and realized she wasn’t there, just then the light went off. He was expecting the generator to start working but it never happened.
‘Urrgh.’ Grissel made a faint noise from the hall.
‘This pregnant woman would kill me one of these days.’ He whispered to himself and went off with his head lamp which he picked from the washroom earlier.
‘Who is there? I have a gun.’
Grissel had dragged the couch to cover the door.
‘Love.’ He called from behind her.
The light from his head lamp brightened the whole room.
‘Tom?’
‘What is going on with you here?’
‘I think Henry is in the house.’ She said walking to him with the gun.’
‘Henry? And what are you doing with my gun.’
‘Why do you have a gun in this house?’ She asked instead of answering his question.
‘Bring it before you hurt me.’ He snatched the gun from her and realized there was no bullets inside.
He burst into a hilarious laughter.
‘What’s funny now?’
‘There’s no bullet in the gun and you carried it out of my safe naively.’
‘I didn’t know and besides did you hear what I said about Henry?’
‘Yes I heard you and I think you took care of that.’ Tom laughed again pointing to the couch behind the door preventing anyone from entering. He didn’t want her to panic as he also believed someone must have tempered with their electricity.
‘Tom, just go and check it out. It’s unusual for both our main electricity and generator to stop working.’
‘Take it easy. I would get a security for the gate early in the morning.’ Tom announced when he remembered Dane’s caution that evening.
‘What do we do right now?’
‘Nothing. I’m sure if Henry wanted to come in he would have a long time ago so let’s go back to bed.’
She frowned at him and walked to the couch behind the door. Tom figured she wouldn’t go up again so he followed and made her feel comfortable with her head on his chest and her belly staring at him.
‘Do you think Shirley is okay?’
‘She would be fine. Can we have a quiet dawn without worry?’ Tom told her rubbing her stomach.
‘Okay, but can you rub my feet for me.’
‘No, I want to sleep.’ Tom declined.
She looked at him and smiled. Tom knew what was on her mind. The reason he had to take Dani out on a Thursday night was because he refused to rub her mom’s feet.
He shook his head and proceeded in rubbing her feet. She slept off after a few minutes and Tom couldn’t help but worry about Henry’s presence in his house.
We have very few episodes left to complete this story, please I want EVERYBODY reading to please make a comment.

We have the complete story here already - www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
following bumper to bumper.. u too much OP

Weldon oooo
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by whinnie(f): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Thanks a lot,God bless you for the commitment you put towards the update,its none stop..Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 39
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved
Tom had the police come over to check the house for any clue as to who was in their home but they found none. The light has been restored and Gina came to visit since Julia went on a long vacation with Joe. She left in the afternoon when Grissel seemed like she was interrupting their moment.
Julia was restless even on a trip with the love of her life, she did promise to get back before Grissel gives birth.
Grissel had called Adam as soon as her mom left that morning about getting a security for them since Tom was reluctant to do it. She was scared and pissed off when Tom seemed not bothered about it.
Tom watched her glow around Jessy when they came that afternoon. He noticed she wasn’t that way with her mom.
‘Why do you always do things behind my back?’ He asked after they had left that afternoon.
‘What are you talking about?’ She asked with pretense written all over her face.
‘I didn’t like the fact that you called Adam to get us security.’ He said focusing on her expression.
‘I’m not safe here.’ She said folding her hands across her chest while closing her eyes.
‘You could have talked to me first.’
‘You refused to do it Tom and besides I’m paying for it.’ She tried to open her eyes slowly as she was resting on his laps earlier.
‘This is not about money Grissel.’
Tom just didn’t want an extra person in the house. He just want to be the man of the house.
‘Okay, then stop complaining.’ She snarled.
He knew better not to upset her when she had been cranky all morning. ‘I told you I can protect you.’
She laughed. ‘With what? A gun without bullets?’
‘Yes, at least it would scare perpetrators off.’ He replied happily knowing his joke worked.
‘Honestly, you haven’t given me much attention lately when you keep watching over the gate all the time.’
‘Wow!’ He exclaimed. ‘I know you are tired of staying home all the time but this arrangement is just until Henry is found and you put to bed.
Tom was trying so hard not to flare up.
‘What happens if he’s never found?’ She asked.
‘Let’s stop talking about him already.’ He told her with a tensed tone.
‘Alright, Can I have everyone over for dinner anytime I want?’
‘You know I never stopped you from having them over.’
‘I know but I don’t want to stress you in the kitchen.’ She teased with a smile.
That was her way of getting Tom to cook variety of meals so she can have enough to choose from.
‘We can order a take out.’
‘No, Stella would prefer home food.’ She laughed.
Tom knew she just wanted to get on his nerves and probably get him laughed at when the food turns out salty. He had learnt a whole lot from her sitting in the kitchen anytime he cooked for the past five months.
‘Stella and Austin.’ He asked trying to take her mind off their earlier discussion.
‘Yes, are they getting married soon?’ Grissel asked smiling.
‘I should be asking you because I had no idea they were seeing each other until Shirley told me when we went out yesterday.’
‘Shirley? How did she even know about that?’
‘They brought her snacks in school yesterday.’
‘Ella told me she was going to see her but I had no idea she went with Austin.’
‘I can’t wait for Clive to follow Austin’s footstep.’ He laughed.
‘Can we change the topic?’ She requested angrily.
Tom knew Clive was the last person she wanted to talk about. She still hasn’t forgiven him yet and the more reason he limited his outings with them.
‘Let’s talk about your mom then.’ He gave her a weird look and she knew what he wanted to discuss.
She raised up her head. ‘There are things I can’t discuss with my mom and you know that.’
‘Your mom loves you Grissel.’
‘But I’m happy she’s around Tom.’
‘Good, so she can stay here while I start work again.’ He scratched his head hoping his trap would work.
‘No, this arrangement is okay and I’m so hungry right now.’
Tom stared at her and raised her up so he could go to the kitchen before she throws up on him.
‘Thank you so much my husband.’ Grissel said with excitement on her face.
After their dinner Grissel insisted on clearing her head outside the room since they now have a security at the gate. Tom could see how happy she was through the kitchen window walking in the compound.
‘Tom, your Dad is calling your phone.’ Grissel called out to him in the kitchen from outside where she was taking a walk earlier. She walked into the room swinging the phone. Tom had no idea she had his phone on her.
‘Tell him I’m not around.’ He peeped through the curtain on the kitchen door when Grissel entered the room but the call had already ended. Tom stood at the kitchen door winking.
He does that anytime he didn’t want to talk to his dad. Though he may have forgiven him, that bond between father and son wasn’t there and Tom didn’t want to force himself to love Morris.
‘Okay, I will when he calls back.’ She replied him when the phone rang again. It was an unknown number.
Grissel gave him a smile and he walked closer to answer the call.
‘That must be my new girlfriend.’ He said cheekily pointing to the phone in Grissel’s hands.
‘In your wildest dreams.’ Grissel laughed handing him the phone.
He poked her nose while answering the call with a Hello.
‘Uncle Tom?’ Dani said over the phone.
‘Shirley.’ Tom called out with a weird tone as she sounded worried.
Grissel adjusted herself hoping to hear what she called about.
‘I’m still in school. Daddy didn’t come to pick me up.’
‘What?’ He replied walking towards his car keys hang over the hall porch.
‘Yes, I’ve tried his number but no one picked up.’
‘I’m sorry, where are you right now.’
‘In front of the school gate with the school security.’
‘Great, can I speak with him?’ He asked and didn’t realize Grissel was standing behind him.
After speaking to the security for a few minutes, he was rushing off when Grissel pulled him back. Tom knew Shirley’s school trusted their security so she was safe with him.
‘Is Shirley okay?’ She asked worried.
‘Of course. Wait here. I would be right back with ice cream.’ He feigned a smile and checked the time on the wall clock. It was half past five in the evening.
Tom drove off after Grissel had let him go. He got there in an hour and met with the security. Tom was grateful and tried to explain to him so the security wouldn’t think he was a bad father. He also found out from him, Shirley didn’t want him to call home as she was still hoping her Dad would show up. Tom now understood why she waited till evening before reaching out. They drove to a nearby restaurant to grab some packed food as Shirley kept complaining she was hungry and can’t wait to get back home. Tom however didn’t forget to get the ice cream he promised.
When they got home Grissel was waiting for him at the gate. He was angry seeing her out of the house though the security was right behind her but it seemed to Tom Grissel would never learn her lesson. Shirley run into her arms crying while Tom tried to explain though he doesn’t have all the answers.
‘Mom, I just went to the washroom outside the classroom and everyone had left.’
‘I’m so sorry. Why didn’t you call me?’ Grissel said holding her tears back.
‘I didn’t want to scare you.’ She cried.
‘Shirley can you go in. We are right behind you.’ Tom said and she nodded rushing into the house.
‘Did you find that scumbag of her dad?’ Grissel asked angrily.
‘No and he’s not a scumbag.’
‘He’s a douchebag then.’ She stressed again.
‘You know none of those words fit your ex-husband.’ He cautioned with his eyes.
‘Yeah, you are right.’ Grissel knew Dane was too good a dad to abandon Shirley.
‘Why are you even outside alone?’
‘You do remember Shirley is my daughter right?’
‘I do and she’s mine too, you just have to trust me when I told you she was fine.’
‘Unfortunately, I don’t have that patience when I knew you were lying earlier.’
‘Fine, let’s go in now.’ Tom announced walking her back into the house while the security looked on.
‘He better come back to explain.’ Grissel said.
Shirley had cried after getting into the house when she didn’t understand why his dad abandoned her. Tom had managed to talk her out of hating her dad all over again while Grissel sat down and watched furiously. She slept off in the middle of her evening snack and couldn’t even get her evening bath.
Tom came down after tucking her into bed.
‘You would need to towel bath her later.’ He announced.
She nodded slightly. ‘Reed loves his daughter so why would he abandon her at school.’
‘I don’t know what went wrong so stop working yourself up.’ Tom cautioned her.
‘Who are you trying to call?’
‘I’m trying Lisa. Maybe they eloped together.’ Tom said naively.
‘You think this is funny?’ She asked obviously pissed.
‘I’m sorry.’ He walked to her hugging her tightly.
‘Don’t suffocate me.’ She said angrily.
He let her go instantly knowing it was her hormones talking. ‘You don’t have to get angry. Shirley is fine.’
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
EPS 39 cont'd

‘I would go and towel bath her now.’ Grissel said ignoring him.
‘Okay, see you soon.’ Tom replied hastily.
She just hissed and left him in the hall. Tom knew she blames him now.
He admired her walking upstairs and he smiled.
It was already eight in the evening when Tom went upstairs and met Grissel watching her daughter sleep soundly while rubbing her belly. She gave Shirley a kiss and walked out with Tom to their bedroom.
‘I’m glad we made this decision together.’ Bryan told Melisa who had agreed that morning to move into their new house which was just a thirty minutes’ drive from the hospital she works at.
‘Do you think he followed us here earlier?’ She asked.
‘Haven’t heard from him since we left the shop in the afternoon.’ Bryan replied her.
He had told Melisa Henry threatened to harm her and Grissel and that was the reason he was holding all his affection from her.
When they were moving earlier that afternoon, they saw him tailing them and called Morris to alert the police but Henry probably figured it out and took another path.
Melisa had said some awful things to Bryan in the middle of their argument when he opened up about why he wouldn’t touch her yet and knew she had to apologize.
‘Look, I’m sorry for calling you a girl earlier.’
‘It’s alright, I guess I have to man up.’ He smiled.
‘Good. Can we unpack the rest of the bags tomorrow?’ Melisa asked him smiling cheekily when her phone rang.
She frowned at the screen knowing whatever she had in mind had been ruined.
It was the hospital and she stared at the screen repeatedly. She had two days off and didn’t want to be disturbed.
At the same time she knew hanging up would mean she has denied someone life. She looked up at Bryan who nodded.
She picked up her car keys and rushed off while calling the hospital back because the call had ended earlier.
‘Dr. Lisa, we’ve been trying to get a hold of you all afternoon and your phone had been off.’ One of the nurses told her.
‘Sorry, I had to turn it off so I could do some packing.’ She replied her quickly changing into her robe.
Melisa knew there was only one thing that could drag her out of her house at ten in the evening when it was her day off besides the staff who called made mention of an emergency surgery.
She fixed her hair net and then dropped on her knees to fix her white theater boots.
‘Can I scrub in with you?’ The nurse asked her.
‘Great, let’s get going already.’ Melisa led the way quickly knowing she had about thirty minutes to prepare.
‘I heard it’s a laparoscopy.’ The nurse said again while they got to the board.
She checked the board and saw the surgery was in thirty minutes time.
‘Patients name? She was asking when Michelle called her from behind.
In no time she was standing in front of them. Michelle signaled the nurse to leave.
‘I’m glad you could make it. Can we talk in my office?’
Melisa didn’t like the sound of that. ‘But I have surgery.’
‘Yes, I know but you can’t operate this time.’
‘What are you talking about? I was paged.’
‘I know all that Lisa, but just come with me.’ She said dragging Melisa to her office.
When they got there, she dropped a tissue in front of her and asked her to have a seat.
‘Michelle, I’m not a kid. Who’s the patient?’ Melisa asked sensing something was wrong.
She handed Melisa a card stained with blood. She remembered giving her card to Henry when she was working at her old hospital.
Melisa kept staring at her and stood up to leave. She knew it was Henry and there was no way they were going to let her operate.
‘Wait, there’s something else.’
‘Whatever it is I don’t want to be part of it. I can do my job as a doctor if you need me but don’t ask me to make any decisions for him.’
‘Relax, Lisa. Henry is no more.’ Michelle said without budging her eyes.
‘What?’ She yelled and sat down abruptly.
‘He came in late and was shot in the abdomen. I’m sorry.’ Michelle narrated.
Melisa pushed her tears back and asked to leave when Michelle drew her attention to the file on the table. Still standing she glanced at it and looked up at her.
‘Why is my name on that?’ She asked softly with pain across her face.
‘I have no idea but you need to sit down first. I understand you both have history.’ Michelle told her faintly.
‘Yes and I don’t think I’m needed here right now.’ Melisa replied with a sad tone.
‘You are and might just save a life in the next one hour.’
She gave her the other file she kept aside earlier on. Melisa glanced through still pushing her tears back.
She then slumped into the chair and her tears begun to flow. She didn’t want to cry earlier because Henry doesn’t deserve her tears.
Her mind was all over the place. She tried to reach out for her phone when Michelle rushed up to help her.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/tarasha-season-2
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
haaaaaa
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2018
Hope all is well with you pls?

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE - EPISODE 40

©Loudest Thoughts (Christabel Hilda)

All Rights Reserved

Apparently Dane was found on the outskirts of town alone in his own pool of blood. His car was parked next to his body. The guys that brought him in alerted the police on their arrival. Since there was no eye witness they had no idea how he got shot three times in the same knee and his whole body severely torn apart.

‘How long has he been like that?’ Melisa asked Michelle who was standing with her at the ICU.

‘He was brought here around twelve in the afternoon, we tried our best but I’m not so sure if he would wake up.’

‘But you said he needs the amputation so the blood flow could release the pressure on the other leg.’

‘That’s the idea but it’s still a gamble. You know how these things work Lisa.’

Melisa sighed heavily. ‘But I don’t understand why he came to hand over the Medical Power of Attorney form last night.’

‘You would have to ask him that when he wakes up.’

‘When he wakes up Michelle.’ Melisa said sadly reminding Michelle Dane might never wake up.

‘Mr. Reed here probably knew what he got himself into because the nurses said he was in a hurry to leave so he could attend to his sleepy daughter in the car after getting himself checked.’

It dawned on Melisa, if Dane was there all afternoon he might have left Shirley at school. She gasped and remembered everyone would have called her if Shirley was not home yet.

‘Yeah Shirley.’ He came for her to spend the weekend with him.’ Melisa remembered the events from last night.

‘I think whoever he fought with really messed him up.’

‘Help me understand what tests he had done.’ Melisa asked curiously.

‘He checked his blood pressure and handed the Medical Power of Attorney form over claiming he might be back.’

‘Did you see him when he came here?’ Melisa was so lost at that moment.

‘No, I didn’t even know you two knew each other until I saw the file when I needed to contact his family.’

‘You shouldn’t have called me. I can’t do this to him Michelle.’

‘Okay, I see Grissel’s name on the form as well. Isn’t that your brother’s wife?’

‘Yes, and she’s going to be a tough one to crack.’ Melisa hissed.

‘Then make that choice for him. Forget the rules and I could just tell the board you were off duty in case it came up.’

‘Why would he put me in this tough situation?’ Melisa asked glancing at him sleeping comfortably.

‘Lisa, he knew you are the only one capable of making the right decision for him.’

‘You think I’m capable of signing off on a surgery that would render him disabled.’

‘I don’t know about that but I can see whatever history you have with this guy makes him trust you.’

‘I love him Michelle.’ She said without any denials.

‘I figured that out earlier when you saw his file.’

‘But he hurt me hence whatever decision I might make now may not be justified.’

‘You still love him and to me that alone makes whatever decision you make justified.’

Melisa stared at her and knew she was making a lot of sense. ‘How he got my signature and that of Grissel is what I don’t understand.’

‘That doesn’t matter right now. You can sort that out with him when he’s out of the theatre.’

‘I know that, but I’m still not qualified to do that because I work in this hospital.’

Lisa stared at Dane in the ICU and then back to Michelle.

‘We are running out of time.’ Michelle muttered to her.

‘Michelle don’t push it. This document isn’t legal.’

‘What about his parents?’

‘How long do we have before surgery?’ Melisa asked ignoring her question about the Reed family.

‘Thirty minutes but before that we need to run some tests first.’ Michelle said checking her wrist watch.

‘Alright.’ Melisa replied calmly walking away from her. Michelle followed just to make sure she was okay.

Tom could hardly sleep. He was awake all night watching his pregnant wife snore into the lonely night. Because of Grissel he had to change their bed to a bigger one when she started occupying the whole bed.

He was still wondering how to sleep on the small space available when their bedroom door opened.

‘Are you guys decent?’ Shirley asked faintly rubbing her eyes in the dark.

‘Shirley?’ Tom called out turning on the bed side light.

‘Uncle Tom, I had a bad dream again.’

‘Really, come here.’ He signaled her to come closer while gently adjusting Grissel so Shirley could have a space in between them on the bed.

‘Mommy.’ Shirley called and kept rubbing her eyes.

‘Your mom won’t here you now.’ Tom reached out to her and placed his laps.

In no time she fell asleep on his laps so he positioned her on the bed next to her mom hoping Grissel wouldn’t kick her in the face.

Tom watched mother and daughter sleep soundly. His phone vibrated at that moment and he checked to be sure it wasn’t anyone so important.

When he saw Melisa’s name on his phone, he panicked checking the time which was half past eleven.

He didn’t want to waste time as it was unusual for her sister to call her that late at night.

Tom answered the call quickly. ‘Are you okay? I’ve been trying to call you all-night about Shirley.’

‘Is Shirley okay?’ She instantly asked.

‘Yes, I brought her home but Da…..’

Melisa started to sob. ‘D is dying.’ She told her brother in between her sobs.

‘What are you talking about?’ Tom asked jumping out of bed.

‘He w..as shot and n..eeds su..rgery.’ She sobbed through her words.

‘Shot. How. When. Why?’ Tom asked all the necessary questions while moving away from mother and daughter.

‘I don’t have answers but I need Grissel’s consent for the surgery.’

‘Grissel.’ He raised his voice without knowing. And for some reason Grissel heard him and woke up.

‘Tom?’

He withdrew the phone from his ear and turned around.

‘Yes, go back to bed.’

‘Okay, but what are you doing in that corner.’ She asked raising herself up and switching on the main light.

‘Emmm, nothing. Just talking to Lisa.’

‘Lisa.’ She mentioned then Shirley turned beside her. She didn’t see her earlier.

‘Yes, Shirley had a bad dream.’ Tom realized she didn’t notice her in the room and it was a perfect moment to distract her from asking further questions.

‘Okay that explains why she’s here.’

‘Yeah, can you go back to sleep.’ Tom said walking out of the room.

‘Wait, you’ve explained why Shirley is here but not why Lisa called.’

Tom heard Melisa’s voice faintly over the phone asking him to hand over the phone to Grissel on top of her voice.

‘Just one of our usual talks.’

‘Tom, don’t lie to me. Is it Reed?’ She probably figured it out.

Tom knew his wife is smart and if he keeps lying at that moment she might flare up.

‘I think so.’ He replied walking back to her by the bed.

‘Is Lisa still on the line?’

He nodded and handed the phone to her when he got to her end. Tom watched her closely while she was just quiet on the phone with Melisa.

‘Grissel did you hear all that I said?’ Melisa wasn’t sure if she was still listening to her because Grissel hasn’t said a word.

She sighed furiously which scared Tom. ‘So the amputation would let him live?’

‘Yes, it’s still a gamble but I know the doctors would do their best.’

‘How did he get my signature again?’ She asked instead of giving her consent.

‘I have no idea Grissel, but we need you to give us the go ahead.’

‘No, you don’t need me Lisa.’

‘What are you implying?’

‘Leave him to die, I guess.’ She said angrily.

Tom snatched the phone angrily from her and gave her a scornful look. He knew she was going to say something like that after what happened last night with Shirley.

‘Listen to me Lisa, do whatever you think is necessary. I would be there soon.’ He said quickly and hanged up. Tom glanced at his wife who just relaxed against the bed post unconcerned.

He dialed Stella’s number which was not reachable. Tom hit his leg so hard on the floor.

‘What do you even care if Reed lives or dies?’ Grissel asked him.

‘You are right, I don’t care but his daughter lives with me and I won’t spend the rest of my life trying to explain to Shirley her mom didn’t care if her dad lived or died.’ He angrily said and scrolled through his contacts.

Grissel hissed and turned to Shirley who was comfortably sleeping.

Tom settled on Austin. ‘Dude, let me talk to Stella.’ He said immediately with a serious tone.

‘What makes you think she’s with me?’ Austin had no idea Tom knew about them.

‘Not now Austin. Just tell her to call Lisa.’

‘Lisa? But it’s late Tom.’

‘Yes, her brother is with Lisa at the Seattle Hospital.’

Tom said and heard Stella’s voice from the background. He quickly hanged up so Austin could handle the rest.

He rushed to his wardrobe and slipped on a shirt and trouser. Tom checked his foot and realized he was in his flip flops. He shrugged and headed towards the door.

‘Where are you going?’ She asked faintly.

‘I think you know where.’ He replied.

‘Nobody needs you there Tom.’

‘In case you forgot, Lisa is my sister.’

‘And what does that have to do with looking after your pregnant wife.’

‘I would pretend I didn’t hear that Grissel.’ He said and turned around to leave.

‘If you walk out of that door, don’t come back.’ She weakly said.

‘You are so insensitive.’ He slowly said in order not to wake up Shirley.

‘Why can’t you all allow Reed to pay for his sins?’ Grissel murmured.

Tom didn’t want to raise his voice because of Shirley. He turned the door knob and then paused,

‘You know, I now get why Dane treated you the way he did.’ He said angrily while Grissel suddenly went mute.

Tom walked out on her. Grissel took another sad look at her daughter and wiped her face when there was no tears.

Stella and Austin got to the hospital to keep Melisa Company. Dane had been taken to the theatre over an hour ago.

‘You made the right decision Lisa.’ Stella was encouraging her when the police came in. They had been waiting all morning just to talk to Dane and when they heard Melisa knew him they decided to question her.

‘What if he gets mad?’ She asked rubbing her jaw.

‘You saved his life and he must be thankful.’ Austin chipped in.

They heard footsteps behind them and turned.

‘You must be Melisa Addison.’

‘Yes I am.’ She turned around facing the police.

‘What’s this about?’ Stella asked when Melisa seemed scared.

‘We just needed to ask her some questions.’ One of the short officers said.

He grabbed her hands roughly while she struggled.

‘Get your hands off my sister.’ Tom said rushing to them. Luckily for them they were at a quiet place in the hospital where much people are not allowed so there wasn’t a scene.

Instead of the police officers standing up to him they were rather scared.

They quickly let go of her hands when Tom came over.

‘Do you mind?’ Stella faced one of them to give them space. He walked back quickly.

‘Are you hurt?’ Tom asked pulling Melisa into her arms.

‘I’m alright except that I’m scared.’ Melisa pointed at the officers. They seemed like rookies who hadn’t been on the job for long.

‘What do you guys want with my sister?’ Tom asked after making sure Melisa was okay.

‘Her number was the last one dialed by both the deceased and the injured.’

‘So?’ Tom asked.

‘We just wanted to be sure it wasn’t a coincidence.’

‘You would have to wait for Dane to give you those answers but for now my sister is going nowhere with you two.’ Tom announced.

‘I was home all day with Bryan Sculley, in case you two want to confirm that.’ Melisa managed to tell them.

‘House address?’ The tall police officer asked constantly glaring at Tom.

‘1101 Wallingford Ave N around th…..’

‘The family home child care.’ The quiet officer concluded for her.

Melisa stared at him, so did everyone? Tom figured something wasn’t adding up.

‘How do you know that?’ Tom walked closer to them.

‘Mr. Reed was found at the outskirt of that area.’

‘Wait, that’s not possible.’ Melisa complained.

‘And Henry? Where was he found?’ Tom asked.

‘His apartment.’ The policeman replied Tom.

‘That’s weird but I think whatever answers you two need right now have to wait.’

‘Okay, we would excuse you guys now.’ They said and walked away from them.

Everyone earlier assumed Dane and Henry got in to a fight but the officers just confirmed they were found at two different places.

Austin was the first to give a sigh. Tom walked Melisa to her office and went out to call Julia and Morris.

He figured Melisa would be in trouble if Dane doesn’t wake up to tell them what happened and in case that happens he might need his father’s help.

They were still in the office talking about what Dane was doing in her area when Michelle came to inform them, the surgery was successful but he hasn’t woken up yet.

Melisa heaved a sigh of relief and for the first time that night she smiled. And suddenly remembered she had to call Bryan.

Stella had to do all the calling to Dane’s parents who were on a trip far away from home. Melisa hated the idea of them calling everyone when he isn’t dead yet.

Tom wasn’t himself after Michelle had left. His mind was filled up with thoughts of what might have happened. He trusts her sister wasn’t the culprit but another part of him wants to question her about Bryan. Tom shrugged the idea off and proceeded in calling his wife who had been declining his calls. Dani’s phone was also out of reach due to her curfew times.

At the same time he had admitted to everyone Grissel made the right choice asking for a security. At least they would be safe. Then it dawned on him, Henry wasn’t a threat anymore so he didn’t have to worry that much.

He grabbed a sit closer to Melisa trying to cheer her up. It looked like they were going to sleep over in her office.

Grissel had been acting weird all morning. She called Gina to come over which was unusual.

Dani was giving her faces in the kitchen while she went about throwing everything off angrily. Her phone rang and she asked Grissel to answer it but she ignored him

‘Hello Uncle Tom. Where are you?’

‘I had some work. Are you guys okay?’ He asked.

‘I’m fine but mom is acting weird. She even called Grandma to come over.’

‘That’s good news.’ Tom was relieved.

‘Yes, when are you coming back?’

‘I’m not sure yet but can you look after mommy until Grandma gets there.’

‘I would try.’ She said sadly.

‘Okay, tell your mom I love her.’ He said and Dani laughed.

Tom didn’t want to answer further questions so he said goodbye and hanged up quickly.

Tom had confronted Bryan in a harsh way even when the poor guy insisted he had nothing to do with the shoot-out. He was creating a scene that evening whereby the police nearly took him on.

Melisa knew Tom’s instincts were always right even when he was a child. She dragged Bryan to her office so they could talk because the police were beginning to think Tom was right.

Stella looked on embarrassed while Austin was trying to stop the fight between the boys. It was when Bryan yelled and on getting there Melisa had collapsed. It was almost one in the morning and Tom just had to punch Bryan in the face.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Eps 40 cont'd

Julia was impatient but Joe had succeeded in convincing her they should leave during the day. But when Tom called back that Melisa had collapsed that dawn they took a late flight back to Seattle.

'I'm taking the lead. Drive with Morris.' Julia said heading towards the door.

'Juju, relax we just got here.'

'Didn't you hear Tom on the phone earlier?' She asked.

'I did and he mentioned she's fine.'

'You and I weren't there when she collapsed.' Julia retorted.

'I know but Tom is there and besides you could speak to her on phone.'

'Are you driving me there or not?' Julia asked with angrily.

Joe didn't respond so she walked out hoping to grab a cab when Morris arrived.

They got to the hospital and met the police still waiting around outside and decided to talk to them.

Grissel stared at their portrait on the wall and hissed. Gina was aware about Stella’s call early that morning about Tom making a scene at the hospital.

'If he's in trouble you need to help.' Gina who had arrived that morning told her daughter.

'Mom, I asked him not to go because I knew he was just going to complicate things but he felt like I was being insensitive.'

'It’s the way you said it Grissel.' Her mom cautioned.

‘I admit was insensitive but that’s the only language my husband understand.’

She sighed and called Dani to bring her phone.

'Also, you need to tell your daughter what's going on soon.'

'Can't you help me do that?' Grissel asked barely keeping up with her breathe.

'I knew that was why you called me here but no you have to reach out to Shirley yourself.'

'I would wait for Tom.'

Gina smiled. 'You know I finally figured out why you couldn't open up to me.' Her mom said.

'Because of Dad.' Grissel responded honestly.

'Yes, instead of correcting you when you go wrong I always waited for your dad.' Gina admitted.

'And you think I'm doing the same with my daughter.’ Grissel smiled weakly.

Gina nodded when Dani came back with the phone.

'Where do you think you going?' Tom asked Bryan who was going to see Melisa who just woke up. She probably collapsed because she had been standing all night while the rest slept off in her office but Tom blamed Bryan because Melisa was alone with him when she dropped to the floor.

Tom figured whatever they were arguing about had something to do with Danes condition because his sister was very furious.

'To see Lisa.'

'You are not allowed here.'

‘Lisa would want me here.’ He said while Tom walked closer with a fist.

His dad held him back from behind while Julia shouted at him. Bryan didn’t know when they appeared behind them so he walked away upon sighting Michelle coming out of Melisa’s room.

Tom was furious watching him talk to Michelle when his phone rang. He glared at the caller ID and picked up.

‘Grissel? How are you?’

‘Can you stop fighting and come home.’ Grissel said over the phone ignoring his question.

‘Where did you here that?’

‘It doesn’t matter where, just come home and stop poking your nose where it doesn’t belong.’

‘You are my business so does anyone you had encounter with.’ Tom replied her.

Grissel was quiet for a while and sighed. ‘How’s Reed.’

‘Finally, she cares.’ Tom teased.

‘Forget I asked Tom. Just stop causing trouble for your sister and get back here.’ She said sternly.

‘Lisa, isn’t well.’ He tried to find a way to stay back.

‘I’m not well too and last I checked you were my husband not a doctor.’

‘You don’t understand Grissel. That guy is hiding something.’

‘Allow the police to do their job.’

‘Not when they are already suspecting my sister.’

‘Tom? Come back home in the next hour or I relocate your stuff to the guest room.’

‘I can’t leave Bryan here with my sister.’ He said with a controlling tone.

Grissel was tired of being nice on the phone. ‘I don’t have a problem being alone when you are behind bars but don’t make your children fatherless.’

‘Nothing would happen, besides I only hit him in the face.’ He said proudly.

‘That wasn’t right, you need to respect your sister’s boyfriend.’

‘I know but hitting him won’t send me to jail.’

‘You falsely accusing him can get you behind bars too.’

‘Okay Love, I’m hungry anyway.’ Tom said sighting Melisa who was out of her bed fully dressed. He rushed to her forgetting he was still on phone with his wife.

‘Love you.’ Grissel said and was waiting for a repeat of that from him.

‘Where are you going?’ He asked with his phone now in his hands.

‘Home, to see Bryan. Stella told me what happened.’

‘You can’t go back there yet until he’s cleared of my suspicion.’

‘Tom stop it.’ Melisa said weakly while the rest of the family who went looking for her in the room rushed over.

‘Why don’t you want my help?’

‘Dad, tell your son to let me go.’ Melisa turned to her dad.

Morris didn’t know which of his children to support.

Meanwhile Tom had forgotten he hadn’t hanged up.

‘Okay, Lisa you need to eat and get some rest at home since you don’t want to stay at the hospital.’

‘But Aunty, I need to make sure Bryan is okay.’

‘I would drive you there after you have eaten. Is that okay?’

‘I think your aunty is right Lisa.’ Paige who had arrived when she was still asleep said.

‘Alright, I didn’t notice you were here too.’ Melisa feigned a smile.

‘Let me help you out.’ Tom informed, giving the phone out to Austin so he could be in control.

‘I’m not an invalid Tom.’ Melisa knew Tom just want to be in control of her life. He always does that with Grissel and she never complained.

He just stood there watching everyone hoping someone would defend his decision soon.

But Melisa’s eyes met with that of Stella who nodded and she let him walk with her to the car. Julia drove in Melisa’s car behind him.

Grissel shook her head while hanging up.

‘Shirley, is there a problem?’ Gina asked looking at both mother and daughter. Grissel’s attention was drawn to her daughter.

‘Mom, I know dad is sick. When can I go and see him?’

‘Huh!’ Grissel exclaimed.

Gina knew she wasn’t ready to talk about it judging by the look on her face.

‘Sweet heart, have a seat.’ Gina interrupted Grissel’s thoughts.

Shirley overheard her earlier talking to Gina about her dad. Luckily for Grissel her daughter was very understanding and only demanded to see her dad soon.

Bryan who came with a cab knocked on his friend’s door. When the guy came out he gave him a hot slap.

‘What did you do Cephas?’ He asked him while his friend kept rubbing his face. Cephas was one of the many guys Bryan had to watch sleep with Melisa.

‘You slapped me? Timid Bryan Slapped me.’ The guy repeated walking out of the house to check if he came alone.

‘Yes, I did. Now answer my question.’

‘I heard Henry is gone. If that’s the reason you are here then you should go because I know nothing about that.’ His friend Cephas told him.

‘You know nothing about that?’

‘Yes, I only heard from Jake a while ago.’

‘So Jake was involved.’ Bryan asked instantly.

‘I never said that besides if you want to know what happened you should ask the lady you snatched from Henry.’

‘What’s that?’ Bryan was attentive all of a sudden.

‘I mean you thought you were in the clear when you snatched Lisa from the man who made you who you are today.’

‘This isn’t about loyalty.’ What did Lisa do?’

‘Nothing, just get out of my house.’ His friend yelled and pushed him out of the gate.

Bryan didn’t understand a thing he said. He tried calling Lisa but her phone has been off. He knew it was time to drag his father in to his mess as his guilt was already killing him.

Read episodes 41 and 42 on www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
hmmm
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:56am On Aug 08, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 41
© Loudest Thoughts (Christabel Hilda)
All Rights Reserved
The Police just left Bryan’s house after doing their follow up. Though Grissel managed to stop Tom from pointing out Bryan as a suspect, the police had already taken interest in him and his friends.
Judge Sculley came to his rescue and because he believed his son wasn’t capable of murder.
‘Who was that at the door earlier?’ Melisa who was in her room when the doorbell rang asked.
‘So you are talking to me now. I thought we were just roommates.’ Bryan teased.
‘It’s been a week and until you are ready to talk we are just roommates.’ Melisa told him.
‘Lisa, I’ve told you time without number I had nothing to do with what happened.’
‘My brother thinks your hands are not clean.’
‘Tom is delusional.’ Bryan said pacing around.
‘Would you stop making noise with your flip flops?’ Melisa snarled at him for no reason.
She was getting irritated with his recent silence. Bryan hasn’t said a word since Julia drove Melisa to his place as she promised. Melisa has been trying for a whole week to get him to say what he knew about the shoot-out but he keeps distracting her.
‘Sorry, but I have to go out now. Would you be okay in here?’ He asked like a good boy.
‘If you step out of that door, we are done.’ Melisa told him standing up to block his view.
‘Lisa, we’ve been at this all week and I have been trying to hold back.’
‘Hold back? I just want to know what happened.’ She yelled.
‘What do you even care? I mean Henry had always molested you and Dane hurt you so what is it to you if they get killed.’
‘They were my friends and you had no right to shoot them.’ She roared.
‘You are delusional like your brother.’
‘Me? Delusional?’
‘Yes, and you don’t even see my silence is actually keeping you out of jail.’
The room went silent and dark to Melisa. She didn’t understand what he meant by that.
‘What is that supposed to mean?’
‘Now I got your attention.’ Bryan stared at her for a long while. He knew she was innocent but he thought of using his doubts to blackmail her emotionally.
‘You think I could do this to a man I love.’ She said with regrets because she bite her lips.
‘Love!’ He painfully exclaimed.’
‘Let’s not go there. But what do you mean by your silence is keeping me out of jail.’
‘You can deny it all you want but Cephas probably have evidence against you.’
‘And who is Cephas?’
He turned to look at her innocent face and realized she doesn’t know the name of the guys that used to sleep with her in her unconscious state. Bryan quickly shrugged off the blackmail thoughts.
He knew how Morris could be violent when it comes to his daughter so he swallowed hard to be able to continue talking with her.
‘One of Henry’s friend’s think you have something to do with his death.’
‘Like seriously?’
‘Yes, the same way you and your brother think I was involved.’
‘So you had nothing to do with all these?’ Melisa asked slowly as she was fed up of his attitude.
‘You asked me who was at the door earlier.’
‘Yes, and you shut me off.’
‘That was the police clearing me of your brother’s suspicions and don’t worry Cephas was bluffing.’
‘Of course he was and besides I was with you here all day.’ Melisa was definitely out of questions.
‘I told the police all that in front of my dad.’ Bryan stressed.
Bryan walked to sit beside her while she rested her head on his shoulders.
‘I pray D wakes up soon.’ She murmured while Bryan frowned.
Her phone rang at that moment and her heart skipped. She watched Michelle’s number flashing her phone for the second time and she answered while Bryan still had a frown on his face.
‘What happened?’ Melisa asked immediately she answered.
‘Relax, he’s awake but hasn’t said a word yet.’
Melisa sighed standing up so she could move away from Bryan who was angrily looking on. He knew it was about Dane.
‘But he’s breathing and he’s blood works are fine right?’ Melisa queried.
‘He just woke up a couple of minutes ago. We are waiting for you to start all the blood works.’
‘Michelle, you don’t need me there. You have my consent to do anything at this point.’
‘I know but I thought you would want to be the one to tell him about the amputation.’
‘No, I can’t. You are his doctor and that’s your responsibility.’ Melisa muttered.
‘Alright, I will stalk for a while until we are sure everything is okay.’
‘Thank you Michelle. I owe you one but do me a favor and call Stella. She’s Dane’s family.’
‘I would do that.’ Michelle said faintly.
Melisa hanged up quickly and turned around just to bump into Bryan.
‘Jeez, you scared me.’
‘He’s alive right?’ Bryan asked with anger lacing his voice.
‘Yes, but I’m staying here with you.’ She feigned a smile.
‘I’m not stupid Lisa. If you want to go, just leave already.’ He angrily said and walked out while Melisa looked on with her mouth still opened.
When she finally regained her composure, Paige was the first person she called to pick her up because her car was still with Julia. When she drove her there after she collapsed at the hospital, Julia drove back home in Melisa’s car.
‘Shirley, put on your shoe.’ Tom hurriedly said when he came downstairs.
‘Are we going to the beach like you promised?’
‘No, your dad is awake and I’m taking you there.’
‘Really?’ She smiled and jumped around happily.
‘Yes, but where’s your mom.’ He asked in the midst of all that joy. Tom looked through the window and both their cars were parked in the compound.
‘Emmmm, she s..a..id…’
‘She went out?’ Tom angrily asked cutting her off.
‘Yes, I tried to stop her like you asked me to but she’s my mom and always have her way.’
He ignored her and then reached out for his phone dialing Grissel’s number but realized it rang from Shirley’s pocket.
‘Gosh, I now understood why you didn’t wake me up when she was going out.’
‘I’m sorry. I needed airtime and she made me swear not to tell you.’
‘That’s oaky. I’m sure she went with your Grand mom.’
‘No, she’s asleep in her room.’
Tom started to sweat at once. He checked the security post and the man was still at his position.
‘Why would she leave without telling me?’
‘Uncle Tom, I think she went out with Aunty Stella.’
‘Stella?’ He glanced at her for a while after repeating the name. Tom checked his wallet from his back pocket and his credit card was gone.
He hissed and knew at that moment his money was going to buy unnecessary stuff. Tom dialed Stella’s number and Grissel picked up.
‘I just went to get groceries and I’m safe.’ She said immediately to prevent him from yelling with a loud Hello. Stella handed the phone over to her when she realized it was Tom.
Tom heaved a sigh of relief. ‘Why wasn’t I informed you were going out?’ He still had to ask just to let her know he’s still in control.
‘I would come in soon. We just parked outside.’ She didn’t want to lead him on to another fight.
Tom noticed she was avoiding his rage so he hanged up. Shirley followed him quickly when he was leaving the room.
When they got to the gate, Grissel was relaxed in the front seat definitely exhausted. He packed the shopping bags back to the house and constantly checking the number of bags it was.
Grissel and Stella kept laughing because aside he being angry earlier he was definitely angrier now about Grissel purchasing the whole shop with his money.
Tom wasn’t a happy person when he finally came out.
‘Here’s your card.’ Grissel handed him the card and reaching to be assisted out of the car.
He gave her a cold stare for a while.
‘Your brother is awake, can we get a ride to the hospital.’
He finally spoke to Stella not realizing Shirley was already in the car and must have given them that information already.
Grissel got down from the car and stole a kiss before they drove off. They knew she would want to stay out of it like Melisa.
When they got to the hospital, Stella’s mom was already there. Judge Reed had called her to check on him since he was far away from Seattle.
‘Hey Mom. Why is everyone staring at him that way?’ Stella asked while Dani rushed inside.
‘He was asleep when I came.’
‘Okay but has he been told yet?’
‘No, the doctor wanted to get some test done first because his body isn’t responding to touches.’
‘I hope everything works out fine.’ Stella said patting her mother on the shoulder.
Tom left mother and daughter at the door so he could check on Dane.
‘Dad, your princess is here.’ Shirley rubbed his forehead.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2018
EPS 41 cont'd

‘I hope everything works out fine.’ Stella said patting her mother on the shoulder.
Tom left mother and daughter at the door so he could check on Dane.
‘Dad, your princess is here.’ Shirley rubbed his forehead.
She had no idea, he could barely speak. Dane opened his eyes slowly and smiled weakly.
‘Shirley, your dad can’t speak now. Can you come out for a while?’
‘No, it’s alright.’ He said taking the breathing aid off his nose.’
‘Uncle Tom, he can talk.’ Dani joyfully announced shaking the bed.
‘Easy, Shirley.’ He cautioned so he could stop shaking the bed.
‘I’m sorry but I’m just happy.’
‘I will leave you two alone.’ Tom told him.
‘No, wait here. I don’t know why everyone is avoiding me.’
Tom wasn’t surprised because Stella and her mom were still at the door staring at him.
‘I’m sure they are happy you made it.’ He said while Dani was busy poking his nose and laughing.
‘Daddy, can I become a doctor and a lawyer at the same time?’
He nodded and smiled weakly. ‘Yes, but I thought you wanted to be like your mom.’
‘Emmm I want that too but I need to build you a new leg and I can only do that if I’m a doctor like Lisa.’
For some reason the room was quiet all of a sudden and Tom examined the look on his face. He realized Dane hasn’t been told yet about his leg.
‘Princess, it’s the drugs. I’m sure I would start walking soon.’ Dane explained because Michelle had earlier on came to check him out and he complained of not feeling his legs.
‘No, Dad. Mom said you had your leg cut off.’ She said quickly before Tom could stop him.
‘Cut off?’ He asked surprised and tried to lift himself up forgetting his whole body can’t move yet.
‘Hey, just relax. Let me get Michelle.’ He was rushing out to find the doctor when he called him back.
‘What happened to my leg? Can you lift the duvet off my body?’ Dane said sadly.
Just then the police came in with Stella and her mom following them.
‘Uncle Tom, why are they holding handcuffs?’
‘Princess, it’s okay. Dad just need to answer some questions.’ Dane said staring at them.
‘Okay, I would sit outside.’ She rushed off leaving the policemen speechless.
‘What’s the problem officer’s?’ Tom faced them when Dane was suddenly mute.
‘We are here to question Mr. Reed.’
‘But weren’t you told he just woke up.’ Mrs. Medts chipped in.
‘We know all that but it’s been a week and the bullets retrieved from his legs and that of the deceased was a match.’
‘So, he’s now a suspect?’ Tom asked angrily.
‘Of course he is? We just want to know what happened since there was no witness.’
‘You retrieve a bullet from his legs and that makes him a murder. Come on, get something better.’ Tom muttered.
‘I don’t think you understand the gravity of this situation Mr……..’
Tom cut them off. ‘It’s Tom. And I understand you rookies perfectly. All we ask is a day more for him to regain his strength.’
‘Hold on, who is the deceased?’ Dane finally asked after looking on the whole time.
‘Mr. Henry?’ The other quiet rookie answered.
‘Yes, I remember he shot me thrice in the leg during the fight and I grabbed his gun when it went off but hi…..’
‘There you go, he shot him in self-defense. Now you can go.’
Tom knew once Dane admits he shot him without adding it was self-defense he would be in trouble and besides the rookies were naïve and he knew that from the past week they were in and out of the hospital.
The two police men glanced at Tom. ‘But he needs to prove that.’
‘I think I can help with that.’ Bryan said behind them with Shirley on his shoulders.
Tom’s face changed at that moment and he hurriedly grabbed Shirley off his shoulders.
‘Mr. Sculley, I thought you had no idea what happened.’ The shorter rookie asked.
‘Yes, I didn’t until my friends confessed a while ago.’
‘Your friends?’
‘Cephas and Jake. I have it all on recording.’ He answered the police officers.
‘Good, we would need the recording and you have to come with us to the station.’
‘That’s fine with me.’ Bryan announced with an angry face on.
He wasn’t going to bring the recording to the police but he knew his friends would point their fingers to Melisa if he doesn’t.
‘Alright, Mr. Reed. Don’t leave town and Mr. Tom I hope you can keep an eye on him.’
‘He’s going nowhere.’ He replied them and while they walked out.
Tom saw Dane pushing his tears back countless times after the police had left while Dani jumped up and down with a lot of questions.
‘Dad, are you angry with Lisa?’
‘No, why did you ask?’
‘Because she’s not here and you haven’t asked about her yet.’
‘Princess, can we grab some ice-cream?’ Stella interrupted so she could stop asking too much questions.
‘But I want to spend time with Dad.’ She frowned.
‘Dad needs some rest.’ Mrs. Medts chipped in.
‘Okay,’ she said and landing a peck on his dads forehead.
Tom waited for them to leave and he grabbed the next chair beside him.
‘Now we are alone. You can let it all out.’
Dane didn’t wait for him to finish before he started shedding tears. Tom watched him cry and when he was done he wiped his face with the duvet.
‘Sorry, I embarrassed myself.’
‘That’s okay, at least you picked the best person to witness your tears.’
‘Yeah you are right.’ Dane replied slowly.
‘Can we talk about what happened?’
‘You mean the shoot out?’
‘Was it really self-defense?’ Tom had to clear his doubts even though he defended him earlier.
‘I don’t know Tom. I really wanted that guy dead.’
Tom shifted his chair closer to his bed. ‘What do you mean by that?’
‘After I dropped Dani that morning at school, I was on my way back when I had a call from him asking me to meet him.’
‘You should have refused.’
‘I did until he told me he was right behind Lisa’s car with a gun.’ Dane tried to feel his leg unconsciously.
‘Maybe he was bluffing.’ Tom mentioned.
‘I couldn’t take that chance.’ He said shyly.
‘Why did he choose you when Lisa wasn’t yours anymore?’
‘I still love your sister and she loves me. Henry knew Bryan could easily be controlled but with me he had to put up a fight.’
‘So if I get you correctly, you were willing to die for my sister and leave your daughter fatherless.’
‘Dani would always have Grissel but Lisa has only me.’
‘But you do know I don’t want you for my sister right?’ Tom selfishly asked.
‘I do know that especially when you are comfortable with Bryan in her life.’
‘After what you just told me, I don’t think I want him around my sister.’
Dane laughed and winced in pain.
‘I’m glad I made you laugh but you still haven’t told me how you ended up in Lisa’s area.’
‘I had no idea Lisa and Bryan were moving in together, Henry teased me about that when I got there.’
‘Let me guess, you don’t like to be teased so you started to fight him.’ Tom chipped in.
‘You are right, he was already with a gun when I got there but his laughter got me pissed off.’
‘You could have called for help.’
‘I called your sister and she hanged up. Even after I was shot, she was the first person I could think of since Henry mentioned her place was near.’
‘I’m sorry, she was probably still angry with you.’
‘She answered the call and told Bryan to tell me it was a wrong number.’
‘Wait a minute, Bryan answered your call or my sister.’
‘Yes, I heard his voice before i went unconscious but I’m sure I heard Lisa’s voice too.’
‘That b******, I knew he was hiding something.’ Tom literally jumped up.
‘Don’t blame him, he was probably acting on your sisters orders.’
‘No, Lisa would never do that to you.’
‘You may never know Tom. Pain changes people.’
‘I’m just glad you are okay.’
‘You call this okay,’ he pointed his left hand to his right leg.’ He had no idea how his hands suddenly got strength.
‘Your hands can move now.’
‘I think so but my leg is gone.’ He murmured sadly.
‘It was an impossible situation, Lisa did her best.’
‘Lisa? What does she have to do with all these?’ Dane asked naively.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2018
EPS 41 cont'd

‘The Medical Power of Attorney.’ He mentioned to him quickly.
‘Oh yeah, I brought that to the hospital the night I left your place.’
‘Why would you do that when you had no idea Henry was going to call you?’
‘Fighting Henry after he nearly knocked off Grissel was my plan but he beat me to it first with his call.’
‘You knew he was the one, you could have said something when I asked.’
‘One of us needs to be alive for the ladies in our lives.’ Dane said slowly lifting the duvet off his leg while Tom kept pushing his hands away.
‘So you were going to kill him how?’ Tom whispered quietly.
‘I don’t know Tom, all I wanted was him to leave the ladies alone.’
‘Make sure the police doesn’t get a hint of this.’
‘Thank you for earlier and even though I meant to kill him, his friends were also guilty.’
‘The gun went off in the middle of your fight right?’ Tom figured it out.
‘Yes, it felt good but then his friends appeared from nowhere that was when he shot me thrice in the leg.’
‘So he didn’t die immediately.’
‘No, I saw them dragging him to his car.’
‘That explains why he died at his apartment.’
‘Well I’m glad he’s gone.’ Dane replied just when Michelle came in to check on him.
Tom went out to put a call through to Melisa.
‘Drag your lazy self to the hospital right now.’ He said immediately Melisa’s Hello came through the phone.
‘Tom, I’m drunk.’
‘Are you serious right now?’
‘Goodbye.’ She hanged up before Tom could say another word.
He was still beating himself up when Dani arrived with her aunty and Grand mom. Michelle had informed them Dane wanted to leave the next day. They went back in to persuade him to at least wait for him to be discharged first. Dani threw tantrums until he decided to wait behind.
Mrs. Medts knew he was masking his pain at the same time hating himself. They suggest Psychotherapy which he kicked against.
Dani and Tom got home late at night and Grissel was seated at the gate with the security guard waiting for them. She was surprised to see Tom smiling when he was dropped off by Stella.
Dani hugged her mom and rushed passed her inside the house. The security guard followed immediately when it seemed his work there was done.
‘What’s so funny?’ Grissel questioned him.
‘You look so funny sitting at the gate with my kids probably enjoying the scenery from that big belly of yours.’
‘What kept you two that long?’ She was just asking straight questions.
‘I’m sure you want to know what went on at the hospital.’
‘I told you I don’t need to know every detail about Reed. Just pass them on to Ella.’
‘Okay, that reminds me. Stella never said a word to him in there.’
‘Forget Ella, she’s still angry with him.’
‘But you have forgiven him right?’ Tom wanted to be sure.
‘I think so. Can we go in now?’ Grissel gently asked.
Tom led him in while talking about the events of that day even after Grissel had told him she didn’t want to hear it.

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/blemished-love
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by oly0511(f): 1:57am On Dec 15, 2018
Pearl05:
Bring It On. Finally it's here, the long awaited story by Cbella.

So as the chief of this story am inviting you all to come and be comfortably seated.

Gloryejims
Evajael
Oly0511
Pinkfeet
Penshallom
Purples25

Wow it been a while
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 3:25am On Dec 15, 2018
oly0511:
Wow it been a while

Did she come back from the moon? It's been ages.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by oly0511(f): 2:29am On Dec 18, 2018
Pearl05:

Did she come back from the moon? It's been ages.
yes sweetheart,you see I have missed you all
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Episode 42

BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 42
© Loudest Thoughts (Christabel Hilda)
All Rights Reserved
For a whole week, they kept trooping in and out of the hospital but somehow Melisa kept avoiding them.
‘You really need to get over your pride and walk in there Lisa.’ Michelle startled her behind the door.
‘Don’t scare me that way again?’ She turned to her quickly.
‘I’m sorry, but watching him through the window won’t help.’ Michelle advised.
‘I know that but then how do I face him knowing he was so close to home and I couldn’t save him.’
‘That wasn’t your fault. Bryan made that decision for you so it’s either you find a way to leave with it or you continue living a lie with Bryan.’
Melisa found out that morning from Michelle Dane had called and Bryan hanged up on him when he needed help. She felt guilty of the whole shoot out.
‘I like Bryan and what he did wasn’t right but leaving him would break him.’
‘We can patch him up when he breaks.’ Michelle said jestingly.
A broad smile appeared on her face. ‘But is he alright?’
‘I think so, he’s been struggling with that scrabble game all day.’
‘That’s because it’s not a game for one person.’
‘I really don’t know much about it but Stella brought it yesterday.’
After a few chitchats Melisa sighed. ‘Wish me luck.’
‘Good luck Mel.’ Michelle said loudly and walked away.
Melisa pushed the door open slowly and entered. Dane raised up his head and stared at her but took his gaze off. She stood at the door for about five minutes and he hadn’t said a word. Melisa decided to go back but then paused facing him.
‘You know the best thing to do is say thank you to someone who had saved your life.’
He looked up and hissed focusing on his game. ‘Saved my life or ruined it.’
‘Screw you D.’ she said and walked out. Just when Dane heaved a sigh of relief she rushed back in and landed a slap on his face.
‘Jeez. What was that?’ He asked rubbing his face painfully.
‘You don’t have the right to make me responsible for choosing whether you die or live.’
‘What’s the big deal when you make that decision with your patients every day?’ He said still rubbing his face.
‘That’s my point, you were not my patient.’ She scowled.
‘What was I then?’ He smiled annoyingly.
‘Stupid question.’ Melisa wasn’t finding his quiet composure funny.
‘Don’t insult me Lisa.’ Dane was obviously enjoying their conversation because he kept smiling.
‘Do you have an idea what that has done to me?’
‘What did it do to you? I can see you are fine.’ He teased and dropped the Scrabble board in front of him on the side table.
‘Knowing I had to make a decision to pull the plug on the love of my life or get his leg cut off was hell for me.’
Melisa didn’t know she just admitted she still loved him. Dane kept staring at her laughing.
‘Are you done?’ He asked when she stopped talking.
‘What’s so funny right now?’ She stared at him smile.
‘You still love me.’ He teased.
‘You are heartless D.’ she picked up the pillow on the chair beside him and in an attempt to throw it at him Dane held on to her hands.
There was a minute of silence as she kept avoiding his gaze. ‘I think you still want me.’
‘Don’t flatter yourself?’ She said and released her hands from his grasp.
‘Tell me the truth. Can we start afresh?’
‘No, I already have a good thing going and I don’t want you complicating it for me.’ She said without blinking.
‘Are you sure?’
‘Quick recovery Dane.’ She said and walked out quickly.
Dane closed his eyes in anger. He wanted to cry but the tears were just not coming out. It was already night and he had no one to talk to yet. Stella insisted on a private room which he detest because previously he had a roommate.
Dane wondered how he would make it through the night while Melisa went about his night duty as if nothing happened earlier.
When he woke up the next day, he waited for Melisa to come over. Hoping she had changed her mind over night but it never happened.
Dane had told Michelle that morning he wasn’t going to undergo any more therapies and wanted to go home. Melisa who hadn’t gone home yet because she wanted to personally monitor some of her overnight patients seemed not to care when she heard he was packing out.
‘Grissel, do this for your daughter.’ Tom said standing an inch from her.
‘Trust me, I want to but what do I say when I walk in there.’
‘Mom, I’m sure you would figure it out.’ Dani chipped in.
‘Princess it doesn’t work that way.’
‘But Daddy would leave me here if you don’t.’ She threw tantrums.
‘I know but we can’t force him.’ Grissel said smooching her back.
‘Everyone is avoiding him because he has only one leg now.’ She cried.
‘Alright, I would go with you guys.’
‘Thank you mom.’ She threw herself gently on her. Shirley is always conscious of her mom’s body anytime she wants to jump on her.
‘Kindly fetch my scarf for me.’ She told her.
Shirley run off while Tom took her place beside her on the couch.
‘You are doing the right thing Grissel.’
‘This isn’t a big deal. I mean if he wants to jump out there with one leg just allow him to.’
‘Grissel, he’s vulnerable and besides Lisa has rejected him.’
‘So? He deserves that kind of treatment.’
‘He has paid for his crimes so stop being angry with him.’
‘Since when has he become your friend?’
‘Well, I love his daughter so I think he’s family now.’ Tom replied her.
‘Gosh, you sound like my daughter.’
‘I love her mom too.’ He teased.
Dani came back few minutes after and they left to the hospital. Gina had stayed back to get some laundry done before they get back.
Michelle had told Tom it was a bad idea for Dane to leave the hospital in his condition but he insisted it was his life and since Melisa didn’t care if he left or stayed, they called on Grissel to talk to him.
Stella and her mom had gone to the airport to pick up Judge Reed and his wife.
He reached out for his bag on the chair and fell off the bed. He held onto the floor in pains.
Just at that moment Michelle entered to check on him.
‘Get out.’ He yelled.
‘But you are bleeding.’ She said walking closer.
‘And I don’t need your help.’
‘Come on, don’t be a baby. Do you really think this your stunt would get you anywhere with Lisa?’
‘Just leave me alone.’ He snarled and gathered his clothing’s on the floor with him to cover his bleeding amputated leg.
By the look of things Michelle knew he wasn’t in any danger except he may need a few stitches. She walked out and saw Tom, Grissel and Shirley walking closer.
Michelle sighed with relieve when she saw the Addison family. Spending the last five months around Melisa had made her love the whole family.
‘Great, you guys are on time.’
‘Is he in there?’
‘Yeah, he fell off the bed and wouldn’t accept help.’
‘My daddy fell.’ She said rushing towards the door.
‘Come back here.’ Grissel pulled her back.
‘But mom, he’s hurt.’
‘It’s alright, he would be fine.’ Michelle murmured to Dani.
‘Can we see him now?’ Grissel asked.
‘Sure, I would just wait out here.’ Michelle told them.
They knocked and there was no response. Grissel and her daughter stood at the door watching him focus on the Scrabble board in front of him.
‘I said I don’t want to see anyone Michelle.’
‘Not even me?’ Grissel said with sadness in her voice. The sight of Dane on the floor helpless humbled her.
He raised up his face and stared at them. Shirley run up to him.
‘Dad, you are hurt. I brought mom so she can get you help.’ She pointed at her mom who was still at the door.
Tom standing behind her kept pushing her forward.
‘I don’t need help princess.’ He managed to say covering his amputated leg carefully.
‘You sure about that?’ Grissel finally said.
Dane just stared at her for a while.
‘I’m fine Grissel.’ He avoided her gaze while making sure he was properly covered.
‘You know it’s okay to be embarrassed but don’t do that in front of your daughter.’
‘Yes, daddy. We are here to help you grow your leg back.’
He finally smiled. ‘I’m sure you are. Thank you.’ Dane rubbed her hair smoothly.
‘Daniella can you go out with Tom for a while.’ Grissel whispered.
‘Mom, you called me Daniella.’ She smiled cheekily.
‘Yes I did.’ She said walking towards Dane.
Tom dragged her off before she could say another word.
‘You don’t need to be here.’
‘Well, I didn’t want to but I live with two kids who won’t let me sleep until I see you.’
Grissel saw the pain reflecting through his smiles.
‘I can’t look at you right now Grissel.’
‘Okay, I would just sit next to you then.’ She said and he raised his head staring her in the eyes.
Grissel smiled and held on to the chair beside him to sit with him on the floor.
‘Easy.’ He reached out to her hands to help her sit properly.
‘You see, there’s still some kindness in you.’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 369
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.