Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (51363 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 12:38am On May 08, 2018
kattytamer:

Omo n' Oba n'edo not just omo n' oba. Once upon a time there was the ogiso dynasty, the kings been called "kings of the sky", then came oduduwa to ile-ife who was said to be a son of the sky kings and founded ife dynasty, or you realy believed oduduwa descended from the sky?

The Oduduwa from the sky is mythical.

The Oduduwa from founders day is legendary.

The Oduduwa son of Lamurudu is sovereign.

The Oduduwa of AfroAsia is historical.

The Oduduwa of Ile Ife is sacred.

Pick which Oduduwa suits you, Yoruba is still your father....as long Omo N'Oba remains the crown over your land.

When we are tired of your shenanigan we have two more scions of Oduduwa ready to assume sovereingty over you and manifest the covenants of the ancestors.

Shashangele...
Yoruba loko iya won o...
Shashangele!

grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by stevio(m): 2:14am On May 08, 2018
You can have some but no go knock your brain puaaaah grin
Born2Breed:

I like that thing you are smoking...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by enemyofprogress: 2:31am On May 08, 2018
I want this man to adopt me as his children so as to shame ajepako, rokia2 and abimbawealth
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by chibokgirls(m): 4:11am On May 08, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I want this man to adopt me as his children so as to shame ajepako, rokia2 and abimbawealth
"Adopt only you as his children " Nawa oo English language hard oo

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 4:51am On May 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Pick which Oduduwa suits you, Yoruba is still your father....as long Omo N'Oba remains the crown over your land.

When we are tired of your shenanigan we have two more scions of Oduduwa ready to assume sovereingty over you and manifest the covenants of the ancestors.

Shashangele...
Yoruba loko iya won o...
Shashangele!

grin grin
There is only one izoduwa aka oduduwa, the banished prince and last heir and omo n'oba n'edo of the legendary, sovereign, mythical, historical and sacred ogiso dynasty, and founder of the ife, oyo and other kingships in yoruba land. Oba gha' to' kpe' 'e'...offcourse his son later returned to take his rightful place, but, still a bini prince, Omo n' Oba n' Edo is still your King so long the sons of Izoduwa rule in ife and oyo and everywhere else...argue with seun if you must.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by jeffrey04(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2018
scholes0:

Nothing like itsekiri kIngdom
The traditional name of Itsekkiri land is Warri or Iwerre.
The name "Warri" is an Itsekiri cultural copyright.

If you people don't like it maybe you should try and upgrade your kings in Effurun and other places, no itsekiri is dragging effurun or ughelli kings with you people.

please help me educate all these afonjas.
we all know the Urhobos have kings in every street and corner but we have just one Olu world wide
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Evangelistofluv: 8:16am On May 08, 2018
Ever wondered how many charms are hidden under those regalia's?? Just thinking ........ tradition matters
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by enemyofprogress: 8:17am On May 08, 2018
chibokgirls:

"Adopt only you as his children " Nawa oo English language hard oo
yes, I doesn't want to chair his attention with you, ahepako,rokia2 and abimbawealth

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by jobgbemi(m): 8:21am On May 08, 2018
kattytamer:

There is only one izoduwa aka oduduwa, the banished prince and last heir and omo n'oba n'edo of the legendary, sovereign, mythical, historical and sacred ogiso dynasty, and founder of the ife, oyo and other kingships in yoruba land. Oba gha' to' kpe' 'e'...offcourse his son later returned to take his rightful place, but, still a bini prince, Omo n' Oba n' Edo is still your King so long the sons of Izoduwa rule in ife and oyo and everywhere else...argue with seun if you must.
[color=#990000][/color]

ON OBA of Benin's Visit to Ife..........Read their conversations below, Yoruba is the home of all Benin Oba. They even mentioned the grave where the Oba of Benin were buried about 200 years ago. Read the full gist from Guardian : https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife/
In his opening remarks, Oba Ewuare II, said: “I feel very much at home here. I pray that the spirit of our father, Oranmiyan will always be with you, as you manage this very sacred throne of Oduduwa admirably.”

Oba Ewuare II went further to speak on the security challenges facing the country, illegal migration and human trafficking, kidnapping and armed banditry, saying all these are as a result of the country’s porous borders, especially in the Northeast Region. He said his visit to Ile-Ife, the Source, was to foster a better understanding between Benin and Ife kingdoms, while emphasising the bonding factor between Ile-Ife and Benin people, which he said was Oranmiyan, the progenitor of Obas of Benin Kingdom.

In his response, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi II said: “If not for time, I would have loved for us to visit the place Oranmiyan was buried. He was world’s foremost hunter and that’s what this artifact I will be presenting to you represents, Your Majesty. Oranmiyan was a Prince of Ile-Ife, who became the first king of Benin. He went from there to become the first king of Oyo and returned to become the sixth king of Ile-Ife, where he eventually lived, died and was buried.

“This visit will be used to solidify our relationship. Ife will continue to protect what belongs to us as people of similar heritage. I thank you for keeping Benin culture and tradition intact. Without culture, we can’t grow as a nation.”

On the issue of security raised by Oba Ewuare, the Ooni enjoined royal fathers in the country to do all within their powers to assist all political office holders, especially political leaders, to tackle security challenges in the country. He said community policing should be one of the options to be employed, as it will afford traditional rulers a prominent role that will enable them use their subjects to monitor security issues in their domains.

Thereafter, the two monarchs visited a place known in Ile-Ife as “Orun Oba Ado,” the burial ground of some Benin Obas until 200 years back, when the practice was stopped. The place is now a heritage site. Both kings paid homage to souls of the departed Obas. Prayers were offered for the guidance and protection of the two kings during the visit.

Read full gist here: https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife/

You can still check Vanguard, Punch and co for the news........Yoruba is the father, not Omo n'oba

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Inspire01: 8:24am On May 08, 2018
Printerscanner:

You will commit suicide one day because of Afonja issue. However, we shall not allow your corpse to waste, we shall sacrifice it to the gods or mine it for sale.
Lol
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by zudozz: 8:50am On May 08, 2018
d juju wey dey this two royal highness body fit blow person phone!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2018
jeffrey04:

please help me educate all these afonjas.
we all know the Urhobos have kings in every street and corner but we have just one Olu world wide
Quite disappointed with your bitterness towards Yorubas. Perhaps, I am wrong but the question I need ask you; Who do you refer/red to as Afonja on NL? Who do you think are truly your most ally despite the fact that many of your ancestors from Ode Itsekiri carries the bloodline of Afonja? Olu is a Yoruba word and Afonja was a Yoruba man. Do you think the Yorubas are the ones they need educate or the people engaging you over Iwerre?

Best of luck to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 10:43am On May 08, 2018
jobgbemi:
[color=#990000][/color]

ON OBA of Benin's Visit to Ife..........Read their conversations below, Yoruba is the home of all Benin Oba. They even mentioned the grave where the Oba of Benin were buried about 200 years ago. Read the full gist from Guardian : https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife/
In his opening remarks, Oba Ewuare II, said: “I feel very much at home here. I pray that the spirit of our father, Oranmiyan will always be with you, as you manage this very sacred throne of Oduduwa admirably.”

Oba Ewuare II went further to speak on the security challenges facing the country, illegal migration and human trafficking, kidnapping and armed banditry, saying all these are as a result of the country’s porous borders, especially in the Northeast Region. He said his visit to Ile-Ife, the Source, was to foster a better understanding between Benin and Ife kingdoms, while emphasising the bonding factor between Ile-Ife and Benin people, which he said was Oranmiyan, the progenitor of Obas of Benin Kingdom.

In his response, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi II said: “If not for time, I would have loved for us to visit the place Oranmiyan was buried. He was world’s foremost hunter and that’s what this artifact I will be presenting to you represents, Your Majesty. Oranmiyan was a Prince of Ile-Ife, who became the first king of Benin. He went from there to become the first king of Oyo and returned to become the sixth king of Ile-Ife, where he eventually lived, died and was buried.

“This visit will be used to solidify our relationship. Ife will continue to protect what belongs to us as people of similar heritage. I thank you for keeping Benin culture and tradition intact. Without culture, we can’t grow as a nation.”

On the issue of security raised by Oba Ewuare, the Ooni enjoined royal fathers in the country to do all within their powers to assist all political office holders, especially political leaders, to tackle security challenges in the country. He said community policing should be one of the options to be employed, as it will afford traditional rulers a prominent role that will enable them use their subjects to monitor security issues in their domains.

Thereafter, the two monarchs visited a place known in Ile-Ife as “Orun Oba Ado,” the burial ground of some Benin Obas until 200 years back, when the practice was stopped. The place is now a heritage site. Both kings paid homage to souls of the departed Obas. Prayers were offered for the guidance and protection of the two kings during the visit.

Read full gist here: https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-of-benin-visits-ooni-of-ife/

You can still check Vanguard, Punch and co for the news........Yoruba is the father, not Omo n'oba

Please take a bold step of faith back a bit and enlighten us on where izoduwa aka oduduwa the first king of ife and progenitor of oranmiyan came from, the sky Or was a son of the kings of the sky?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 08, 2018
First of all, there is no proof that Omo n'Oba n'Edo ever visited any of your fake "burial grounds" for his ancestors. That was only a claim from one of your yoruba brithers in the media and an other one in the ooni's house. There is no video evidence, no picture evidence.
It is quite disheartening that being kind with yoruba always attracts insults from the latter. To you yoruba, Edo showing you kindness automatically makes Edo inferior to you. This is why I always opposed tending anything to yoruba which doesn't put them in their place. Your ooni is calling himself "imperial majesty" while those who held his stoool in precolonial days never had an army nor a palace.
The british are the ones who made your ooni famous in the colonial era and the british made it possible for the ooni to claim ife as the origin of "yoruba". Now ife is seeking relevance by basically claiming Benin empire.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo is an authentic King whose direct ancestor "Oba Ovonramwen" led an army to fight against the british. Omo n'Oba n'Edo doesn't see it as a big deal to show kindness to yoruba and their fake kings in order to foster a union among southerners so that we can withstand together with middle-beltans whatever the fulani dominated north throws at us. But yoruba will never be able to see further than their knozes. All they see is the opportunity to humiliate and push forward their wildest claims. This explains why yoruba were never able to build and sustain a civilisation. You don't understand the concept of priority. You are like drug addicts who have lost any sense of reality.

jobgbemi:
[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 08, 2018
Now prove your claim of "Olu" being a "yoruba word".
You guys are so funny, because yoruba are aware of the word and use it, to you that automatically makes it a "yoruba word".
You don't even care to ask yourselves how many different peoples use the word. Your people using the word doesn't translate in the word belonging to your people !

Olu317:
Quite disappointed with your bitterness towards Yorubas. Perhaps, I am wrong but the question I need ask you; do you who are referred to as Afonja on NL? Who do you think are truly your most ally despite the fact that many of your ancestors from Ode Itsekiri carries the bloodline of Afonja? Olu is a Yoruba word and Afonja was a Yoruba man. Do you think the Yorubas are the ones they need educate or the people engaging you over Iwerre?

Best of luck to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 08, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Yonju(m): 1:46pm On May 08, 2018
Long live Itsekiri people, Long live Warri Kingdom, Long live Olu of Warri.... Ogiame suooooooo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 08, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Only you as his children? What?!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 2:50pm On May 08, 2018
prolog2:
Now prove your claim of "Olu" being a "yoruba word".
You guys are so funny, because yoruba are aware of the word and use it, to you that automatically makes it a "yoruba word".
You don't even care to ask yourselves how many different peoples use the word. Your people using the word doesn't translate in the word belonging to your people !

My real name is Olu......, and I am an absolute blown Yoruba blood. Oh let me add to it, Olu means ‘Lord'. Again ,go to Itsekiri thread and read about their ancestors. And, what does Olu mean in Edo ? That is it .

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2018
Olu317:
My real name is Olu......, and I am an absolute blown Yoruba blood. Oh let me add to it, Olu means ‘Lord'
was about to just reply him but glad u did. Name like oluwaseun lord I thank u and others are proper Yoruba name. Osu means lord every Yoruba knows that except edo who doesn’t speak the language

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2018
prolog2:
First of all, there is no proof that Omo n'Oba n'Edo ever visited any of your fake "burial grounds" for his ancestors. That was only a claim from one of your yoruba brithers in the media and an other one in the ooni's house. There is no video evidence, no picture evidence.
It is quite disheartening that being kind with yoruba always attracts insults from the latter. To you yoruba, Edo showing you kindness automatically makes Edo inferior to you. This is why I always opposed tending anything to yoruba which doesn't put them in their place. Your ooni is calling himself "imperial majesty" while those who held his stoool in precolonial days never had an army nor a palace.
The british are the ones who made your ooni famous in the colonial era and the british made it possible for the ooni to claim ife as the origin of "yoruba". Now ife is seeking relevance by basically claiming Benin empire.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo is an authentic King whose direct ancestor "Oba Ovonramwen" led an army to fight against the british. Omo n'Oba n'Edo doesn't see it as a big deal to show kindness to yoruba and their fake kings in order to foster a union among southerners so that we can withstand together with middle-beltans whatever the fulani dominated north throws at us. But yoruba will never be able to see further than their knozes. All they see is the opportunity to humiliate and push forward their wildest claims. This explains why yoruba were never able to build and sustain a civilisation. You don't understand the concept of priority. You are like drug addicts who have lost any sense of reality.

the Ooni didn’t call himself his imperial majesty it was ur oba who called him imperial majesty u can watch the video yourself. Where the king are buried is sacred and do u think it will just be an open place like normal burial add it to the fact that not everybody will be able to just walk in there. They beat the can show is the pix of the Orun Oba Ado not the actual grave. With that said no edo is kind u are all revisionist who are trying to rewrite oduduwa story with one stupid elkhadaren and Yoruba will not have any of that.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2018
Moneywomen17:
was about to just reply him but glad u did. Name like oluwaseun lord I thank u and others are proper Yoruba name. Osu means lord every Yoruba knows that except edo who doesn’t speak the language
Don't mind him that Edo liar.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 08, 2018
How do you say "brain" in yoruba ? Because you guys seem to lack one.
You keep making nonesensical statements while believing that you are actually making a point.

Olu317:
My real name is Olu......, and I am an absolute blown Yoruba blood. Oh let me add to it, Olu means ‘Lord'. Again ,go to Itsekiri thread and read about their ancestors. And, what does Olu mean in Edo ? That is it .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by ajepako(f): 3:43pm On May 08, 2018
enemyofprogress:

Sule
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by enemyofprogress: 7:12pm On May 08, 2018
Luiz1:
Only you as his children? What?!
yes, I want to be his children

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 08, 2018
I just keep wondering if you guys have brains. Do you tell people your name before they call you your name or do they just magically guess your name ?
"his imperial majesty" is what your ooni wants to be called. That is how he has presented himself to others. EVenthough nobody with the ooni title ever had an empire, nor an army for that matter.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo was in your ooni's palace to reunite the south and the middle belt, this was a peace mission.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo respected protocol and called your ooni with the name he wants to be called.
Everybody knows who is an emperor and who is not.
For the rest of yur claims, I might need to verrify yur age because you talk like a retarded 5 year old.
It is quite impressive that you think your crooked speech would actually work on an adult with a functionning brain.

Moneywomen17:
the Ooni didn’t call himself his imperial majesty it was ur oba who called him imperial majesty u can watch the video yourself. Where the king are buried is sacred and do u think it will just be an open place like normal burial add it to the fact that not everybody will be able to just walk in there. They beat the can show is the pix of the Orun Oba Ado not the actual grave. With that said no edo is kind u are all revisionist who are trying to rewrite oduduwa story with one stupid elkhadaren and Yoruba will not have any of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 2:36am On May 09, 2018
prolog2:
I just keep wondering if you guys have brains. Do you tell people your name before they call you your name or do they just magically guess your name ?
"his imperial majesty" is what your ooni wants to be called. That is how he has presented himself to others. EVenthough nobody with the ooni title ever had an empire, nor an army for that matter.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo was in your ooni's palace to reunite the south and the middle belt, this was a peace mission.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo respected protocol and called your ooni with the name he wants to be called.
Everybody knows who is an emperor and who is not.
For the rest of yur claims, I might need to verrify yur age because you talk like a retarded 5 year old.
It is quite impressive that you think your crooked speech would actually work on an adult with a functionning brain.

u and lies are 5&6. Did Ooni tell u personally that he will like to be called imperial majesty? I hope u know the word imperial and majesty are not Yoruba but English words. Yoruba say kabiyesi instead of imperial majesty and so many Yoruba kings who have visited the Ooni like the olota below call him kabiyesi not imperial majesty so stop lying. Maybe ur Benin king called him imperial majesty coz he considers the Ooni his own imperial majesty or it’s just one of the “myth” that u said the king like to say like oramiyan is the first king of Benin who knows but the Ooni never said he wants to be called his imperial majesty. Watch this video and u see that the olota only called the Ooni Kabiyesi so I don’t know where u came up with ur own story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_73i6D23Y4

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by hurrycayne: 8:22pm On May 12, 2018
Ogiame - king of the waters
Ogiso - king of the sky
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Shashangele...
Yoruba loko iya won o...
Shashangele!

grin grin

Am an edo

And olu is a yoruba name .itsekeri was mainly yorubas before benin came and ruled over them
So itsekiri is made up majourity of yorubas and minority of edos ...the oba gave them the tittle according to the yoruba meaning of lord or king ....its still dont remove the fact that its part and parcel of benin empire and its ruler is edo....

But i want to throw the question for yorubas how did the name oba originate in yoruba
And how come u refer your king by ooni and still call him oba is that not tautology in english ...

Ogie means royalty in benin oba means king (shinning one) ogiso (gods of d sky) ,enogie(duke ), odionware(most eldest in a comunity)

So tell me and prove to me oba originated in yoruba not benin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People / Ooni Of Ife Begins Plan To Take Another Wife, 24 Hours After Marrying New Wife / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.