Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" (82524 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:46am On Jun 01, 2018
We have formed the stairs in this house, now we move for the decking slab wooden platform. .........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2018
Work in progress, by next week we shall be doing the reinforcement details. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Flaghouse1: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2018
spyder880:
Work in progress, by next week we shall be doing the reinforcement details. ........

Following astutely,nice job.

Please just manage this for lunch after hard work grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Following astutely,nice job.

Please just manage this for lunch after hard work grin grin grin

This is a refreshing dish, I was promised by one of the workers on site to take me to a place where the best amala dishes are served. But I am no stranger to amala o, been eating amala a lot in my days at Ninth mile, Enugu. Iya Sadia is the best. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Flaghouse1: 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
spyder880:

This is a refreshing dish, I was promised by one of the workers on site to take me to a place where the best amala dishes are served. But I am no stranger to amala o, been eating amala a lot in my days at Ninth mile, Enugu. Iya Sadia is the best. grin

Nice one bros,one Nigeria which we clamor for will one day be realistic in this our generation , all the best

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by FADEO: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
spyder880:

Make i take Seat for this class. Oga spyder i contacted you recently for PH project. I will chat you up as the government documentations and approvals are on going and will soon be rounding off.

I am here to learn and ask questions as well. as this is very close to my proposed project.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ak22(m): 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
spyder880:

The focus will be on making sure a pipe doesn't break in the conduit system. We do this by using good quality pipes, fittings and gums. The wall itself provides additional protection for the pipes so its difficult to get broken.

Nice job there I will check u in two weeks time .

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Let's go for the decking slab reinforcement. ........

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
All works going on, Carpentry, iron fitting, electrical piping, staircase. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
More from the top...... plus the staircase. ....

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Still working......

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by selemempe: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
How much can a project like this cost...minus land cost
spyder880:
Still working......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by FADEO: 2:58am On Jun 07, 2018
selemempe:
I will also like to know how much this project will cost at lease a range of total cost irrespective of location

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:36am On Jun 07, 2018
selemempe:

Minus land and fence or compound flooring, everything from foundation till roofing, plastering and finishes, doors, windows and tiles, electrical and plumbing fittings plus sanitary wares, painting and house cleaning will cost an average of N25m in most parts of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2018
FADEO:

I will also like to know how much this project will cost at lease a range of total cost irrespective of location

spyder880:

Minus land and fence or compound flooring, everything from foundation till roofing, plastering and finishes, doors, windows and tiles, electrical and plumbing fittings plus sanitary wares, painting and house cleaning will cost an average of N25m in most parts of Nigeria.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2018
Starting the decking cast from the stairs. .....

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2018
Decking slab concrete cast completed.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ak22(m): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
spyder880:
Decking slab concrete cast completed.

Weldone sir
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2018
Brining in block supplies for the first floor walls, work is ongoing........

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Forming the walls of the upper floor. ....... work goes on.......

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ceelog(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2018
Absolutely correct Spyder
I painstakingly followed ur building costs and tried to mirror it with my build.

I can tell you with my dodged fund Mgt and my Engr's selfless services, I have spent so far 1.3 times what spyder spent till the same stage (upper floor lintel).

Prices have really changed things and I can expect to spend bout 10million to complete roofing and plastering.

spyder880:

My house in the village was built in 2015, that was when most building materials were very cheap. The following prices changed in the 3 year gap between when I built mine and now.

2015 vs 2018 building materials prices

1. Cement N1,750 - N2,600
2. 16mm rods N1,900 - N3400
3. 12mm rods N1,050 - N2,130
4. 8mm rods N650 - N1,050
5. 1x12x12 plank N670 - N900
6. Cost of transport and workmanship also increased marginally.

Due to the following prices, expect about a 50% increase in between the cost of building this house then and now.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ceelog(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2018
Rubbiish:

Nice one spyderman...
I can see u are doing chain lintel for this building. But i thought most engineers have always posited no need for it, since a duplex going to be having a slab beam?

This point you have raised is one a lot of builders and Engr agree with but never seem to want to adopt.
I think Skimanski seems to be an avid lover of unlinteled walls and lovely tall windows which I admire a lot. I have even reasoned that the no lintel can even be cost saving for the taller windows.
Trying to adopt this in the upper floor of my build. I doubt the casement window will cost more than 50k from third block course till parapet beam.
@aventures
@segzy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Rubbiish(m): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2018
ceelog:

This point you have raised is one a lot of builders and Engr agree with but never seem to want to adopt.
I think Skimanski seems to be an avid lover of unlinteled walls and lovely tall windows which I admire a lot. I have even reasoned that the no lintel can even be cost saving for the taller windows.
Trying to adopt this in the upper floor of my build. I doubt the casement window will cost more than 50k from third block course till parapet beam.
@aventures
@segzy
@bold Quite true.
Tall windows add beauty to the building no doubt.
Those who avoid chain lintel most times have d intention of using tall windows.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by skimanski(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Also we should note that Big windows always makes a small space look big.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2018
skimanski:
Also we should note that Big windows always makes a small space look big.

True. We're currently doing this for an organisation as a private project somewhere. Note how the small house looks cute already, but I keep warning them on the cost of glass.

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2018
Rubbiish:

@bold Quite true.
Tall windows add beauty to the building no doubt.
Those who avoid chain lintel most times have d intention of using tall windows.

You're correct.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Jun 10, 2018
ceelog:

@aventures
@segzy

This is something I intend to find out the cost difference in the project pictured below. We're not talking window cost alone here, burglaries, curtains and or blinds will be increased to cover the open space. I accept the argument in favour of increased ventilation and illumination, but we need to see the likely cost difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ceelog(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2018
spyder880:

This is something I intend to find out the cost difference in the project pictured below. We're not talking window cost alone here, burglaries, curtains and or blinds will be increased to cover the open space. I accept the argument in favour of increased ventilation and illumination, but we need to see the likely cost difference.
That will be interesting to know
Also consider less plastering, less screeding and less paint.
Thnks Spyder

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2018
ceelog:

Thnks Spyder

Even, less blocks used, and less labor.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by zamirikpo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
spyder880:

Even, less blocks used, and less labor.
ceelog:

Thnks Spyder

�� grin grin less sand , cement , and water....

Keenly waiting for results of this analysis

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Jun 11, 2018
Raising the walls higher.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" by folmus: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Good, baba,you dey use drone take your pictures ni grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

For Your Increte (decorative Stamped Concrete Floor design in Ngeria) Pictures / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / The Real Developers Of Lagos: Top 30 Real Estate Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.