Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,373 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) (32483 Views)

Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC / Osun Governorship Election May End In Run-off / 2018 PDP Governorship Rally In Osun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 9:26pm On May 07, 2018
Ahead of the Ekiti State Governorship election, coming up July 2018.

The People Democratic Party is set to elect her flagbearer.

The much-awaited the Peoples Democratic Party governorship primary election will hold today, Tuesday, May 8.

The primary election will hold at the Eagles Squares in Ajilosun area of Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

A total 3 aspirants, including the present deputy governor of the state, Professor Kolapo Olusola is slugging it out in the race for the party’s ticket.

All the aspirants, who were cleared last month, have been given copies of the list of delegates expected to vote at the primary.

The Chairman of the Ekiti PDP Governorship Electoral Committee, who is also the Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, arrived with his team on Monday with other members of the panel.

Accreditation of Delegates begins by 10 a.m

The thread is set to give you live updates on the primary.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Cc: lalasticlala

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2018
Governor Okowa Arrived Ekiti for the Election

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:31pm On May 07, 2018
engineerboat,i get you here. keep pdp supporters update. God dey your back. I pray that there will not be chaos in tomorrow's primary election. pdp will have learn their lessons. it's fight to finish in tomorrow's pdp primary election.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by ages2020: 9:37pm On May 07, 2018
Lets show them how true, clear and open primary election is done....
Wish PDP the very best......wink

49 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 9:39pm On May 07, 2018
Ekiti PDP Primary: Deputy governor, senator, ex-minister battle for 2,132 delegates’ votes Tuesday

No fewer than 2,132 delegates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will participate in Tuesday’s governorship primary election for the July 14 election in Ekiti State.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, made this known when he briefed newsmen on preparations for the primary in Abuja on Monday.

Mr Ologbondiyan said the number of delegates was made up of 1,585 statutory and 547 elected and national.

He explained that the statutory delegates comprised party officials, current and past elected councillors, council chairman, former State Working Committee members, and members of National Assembly.

The others, according to him, are former federal lawmakers, speakers, serving and former members of National Executive Committee, who are still members of the party and former governors.

Mr Ologbondiyan also disclosed that all the 51 appointees of the state governor who did not resign their appointments but contested delegate election and won at the Ward level had been dropped.

He said that the delegates were dropped because they did not resign their appointments in line with the Constitution of the party, adding that PDP, as father of democracy was committed to always doing what was right.

The spokesman disclosed that the Primary Election Committee for the state had Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State as chairman, while the party’s National Chairman, Uche Secondus, would chair the Appeal Committee.

“All other members of the National Working Committee (NWC) are also members of the Appeal Committee which will be sitting in Abuja on Thursday.’’

He added that all three aspirants in the party had been cleared for the primary election by the party’s Screening Committee.

The aspirants are incumbent Deputy Governor of the state, Olusola Eleka; a senator representing Ekiti South Senatorial District, Abiodun Olujimi and the immediate past National Publicity Secretary of the party, Dayo Adeyeye.

Mr Ologbondiyan expressed optimism that that the primary would be transparent and successful, saying, “So far, the three aspirants are happy with all arrangements.

“The processes leading to the primary are very transparent and that is why there have not been any complaints from them.

“The party is desirous of sticking to the rules and making sure that a popular candidate emerged,” he said.

Mr Ologbondiyan urged delegates to the primary and party members to continue in their resolve to work together to ensure a smooth and hitch-free exercise.

“The party commends all stakeholders, particularly the aspirants, for the spirit of sportsmanship being displayed in their commitment toward a peaceful, free and credible process.

“The party further lauds the stakeholders in the state for keeping to their resolve to work together to ensure the victory of the party at the main election, irrespective of the outcome of the primary election.

“The leadership of the party restates its stand to continue in the highest level of transparency and to ensure an all-inclusive playing ground for all aspirants in all the processes leading to the governorship primary.’’

He advised PDP members in Ekiti to remain vigilant and give no chance to external forces, who might be used to attempt to disrupt the peace of the state.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/267575-ekiti-pdp-primary-deputy-governor-senator-ex-minister-battle-for-2132-delegates-votes-tuesday.html

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 9:46pm On May 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
engineerboat,i get you here. keep pdp supporters update. God dey your back. I pray that there will not be chaos in tomorrow's primary election. pdp will have learn their lessons. it's fight to finish in tomorrow's pdp primary election.

Abi o.

Peaceful primary

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2018
Barely 24 hours to the primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti State, One of the three aspirants, Senator Biodun Olujimi has dropped ambition to support the former the Minister of Work, Prince Adedayo Adeyeye.
Olujimi has directed all her delegates in all the 177 wards across the 16 local governments in the state.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by tuniski: 10:26pm On May 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Barely 24 hours to the primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti State, One of the three aspirants, Senator Biodun Olujimi has dropped ambition to support the former the Minister of Work, Prince Adedayo Adeyeye.
Olujimi has directed all her delegates in all the 177 wards across the 16 local governments in the state.
This is a clear sign of a peaceful and successful primaries. Eleka to win it even by one vote.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 10:36pm On May 07, 2018
As it stands, tommorrow PDP Primary will be between

1. Prof. Olusola Eleka (Current Deputy Governor)

VS

2. Prince Dayo Adeyeye (Former Minister and PDP Spokesperson)

As Princess Olujimi Steps Down for Prince Dayo Adeyeye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Paperwhite(m): 10:46pm On May 07, 2018
Hope the PDP have learnt from the APC violence-marked congresses? They should not make any mistake over it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by mathew95(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2018
Olujumi step down?? Oh that's good, however I hope eleka still have upper hand?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 12:18am On May 08, 2018
Gov Okowa Inspects Venue for Ekiti State PDP Guber Primaries

In Preparation for People’s Democratic Party in Ekiti State, the Delta State Governor, Chairman of the Committee.

Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa accompanied by the Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose today inspected the Venue for the Ekiti State PDP Governorship Primaries.

The top contenders for tomorrow’s primaries includes, Prof. Kolapo Eleka, Prince Dayo Adeyeye and Sen. Olujimi, though there are unconfirmed reports that Sen. Olujimi has stepped down from the race.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2018
Paperwhite:
Hope the PDP have learnt from the APC violence-marked congresses? They should not make any mistake over it.
Violence in mostly pdp controlled states? I think that violence is a good sign.it shows that theres more competition for delegates and resistance to imposition.the best way to resist political impisition is forcefully because we know that the appeal panel and other authorities will never do anything about it.finally,who ever emerges wont be able to withstand the incoming apc candidate.again,am thinking ap deliberately sabotaged the primaries to see who pdp would from.its just my subjective opinion.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 12:24am On May 08, 2018
mathew95:
Olujumi step down?? Oh that's good, however I hope eleka still have upper hand?
I think its a tactical masterstroke from senator olujimi.it may slightly give adeyeye the edge since her supporters are now siding adeyeye.what happened to okorocha in last week ward congress may happen to fayose today.barring any shocker,i see eleka emerging since most of the delegates are on fayose's payroll.
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Debazent: 12:36am On May 08, 2018
Good
I pray that violence should not erupt.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by enlady(f): 1:14am On May 08, 2018
Kudos engineerboat. You are nairaland resident political correspondent.
I hope the PDP gets it right

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by enlady(f): 1:17am On May 08, 2018
What nonsense are you writing? Are Oyo, Bauchi, Imo that witnessed violence PDP controlled states? It's time for APC supporters to respect themselves.

senatordave1:

Violence in mostly pdp controlled states? I think that violence is a good sign.it shows that theres more competition for delegates and resistance to imposition.the best way to resist political impisition is forcefully because we know that the appeal panel and other authorities will never do anything about it.finally,who ever emerges wont be able to withstand the incoming apc candidate.again,am thinking ap deliberately sabotaged the primaries to see who pdp would from.its just my subjective opinion.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:21am On May 08, 2018
tuniski:

This is a clear sign of a peaceful and successful primaries. Eleka to win it even by one vote.
yeah, it's fight to finish election,but professor eleka will win the governorship primary election.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Nobody: 2:23am On May 08, 2018
Okowa is a such a big disgrace. .....

I don't know why south south is cursed with greedy and unintelligent leaders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Jazzlite: 4:57am On May 08, 2018
Hanseel1:
Okowa is a such a big disgrace. .....

I don't know why south south is cursed with greedy and unintelligent leaders
Go and wail somewhere else.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Babacele: 5:49am On May 08, 2018
senatordave1:

hmmm u be badt guy politically.
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by tayebest(m): 6:34am On May 08, 2018
Waiter!

Abeg, serve everybody on this thread popcorn each!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Metuh: 6:51am On May 08, 2018
APC zombies will be wishing for fights so they can measure d*cks with PDP. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Shalomc(f): 7:03am On May 08, 2018
Metuh:
APC zombies like madridguy will wishing for fights so they can measure d*cks with PDP. grin

LOL...
Cc
Lzaa immhotep pointzerom iceberg3

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by hismerhill(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2018
I pray the process goes smoothly and serve as a message to the conglomerate of fools from d oda side, who can't achieve a little feat since in power without violent.

Let d best candidate emerge i wish dem both d best

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2018
Accreditation Starts by 10 a.m

About 2,131 delegates are been expected at the primary today.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Mufasa27(m): 8:40am On May 08, 2018
Professor Eleka all the way...
I know this contest will be a peaceful one.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by johnime: 8:52am On May 08, 2018
Dear Mohammed Buhari,

I pray that you get well and be back to do your job.

However, can you tell Nigerians what you have done to REVAMP our ailing Health Care System?

How do you plan to end MEDICAL TOURISM?

How can the poor access basic health care?

Regards
Concerned Citizen

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:54am On May 08, 2018
Lemme pitch my tent here
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:54am On May 08, 2018
smiley
Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by carpmam: 8:55am On May 08, 2018
Let's teach them how election should b conducted, hope fayemi and his cohorts will borrow a leaf from this PDP primaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) by neolboy(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2018
Today has come

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Okikijesu's Prophecies About Wike, Nnamdi Kanu, Sanusi, Igboho, Tompolo / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / Wike & Wife Eberechi Kiss At AMAA 2016 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.