Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. (4249 Views)

False News About Canada Denies Asylum / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / Could This Be True About Canada And If Yes Why The Rush?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,
Today Pamela O trended regarding her advice for Nigerians aspiring to migrate to Canada. Fact of the matter is that all she said is correct. I am aspiring to move to Canada this year,i have already been offered admission to study Biotechnology but I think I will go for Social services worker as their field placement count as Job experience. Since I got the admission I have beening joining all kinds of Canadian groups both on FB and other platforms to ask the natives questions regarding their country and here is a few of what I gathered.

Pros:
1)Canada has one of the best school system in the world and money can never be a problem for you not attending school once your a citizen or your with your PR as Govt will give you Education grants.

2) Canadian health care is free, you don't pay any hospital fee when seeing a doctor and the drugs you get from the pharmacy are heavily subsidies by the government compare that to USA you will love Canada more.

3) Education is heavily subsidies in Canada that all basic school (primary and secondary) in government owned schools are free,so one can give his children a quality education without breaking the bank.

4)FOOD: food is cheap there if you want to cook it yourself, for a family of two or four 300CAD if managed well will be enough to buy foodstuffs for the house.

CONS

1) Canadian inter- Provence transportation is nothing to write home about both Land and air(due to how big their land mass is it's costly to travel within Canada than you do going to another country) many Canadians don't visit other places in Canada because of it.

2) TAX: in Canada income tax is between 25-42% depending on how you earn, big cheque comes with 42% income Tax and other deductions.

3)RENT: Rent in Canada can take your whole monthly pay if your not careful, a self contain apartment in a basement cost 800CAD in the village or not so well developed areas to 1800CAD in the city,in some cities that is for the elite it can cost $2300CAD excluding the rental tax.

4) WORK EXPERIENCE: none of your previous work experience will count for you once you get it outside canada(wih exception of USA and some of the A List countries). If you like be a medical consultant in Nigeria with a load of documents to show for it it will not count, you must start at the entry level and work your way up, A Canadian diploma or college degree will turn your employers on. Don't think that your Nigerian degree means anything to them(i also have a degree in Physics Electronics) it does not and your best bet is to go for a college graduate certificate which will take you a year or less.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by okachie1(m): 1:17am On May 08, 2018
Good insight!
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by gentleiphy: 2:35am On May 08, 2018
o42austino:
Hi Nairalanders,
Today Pamela O trended regarding her advice for Nigerians aspiring to migrate to Canada. Fact of the matter is that all she said is correct. I am aspiring to move to Canada this year,i have already been offered admission to study Biotechnology but I think I will go for Social services worker as their field placement count as Job experience. Since I got the admission I have beening joining all kinds of Canadian groups both on FB and other platforms to ask the natives questions regarding their country and here is a few of what I gathered.

Pros:
1)Canada has one of the best school system in the world and money can never be a problem for you not attending school once your a citizen or your with your PR as Govt will give you Education grants.

2) Canadian health care is free, you don't pay any hospital fee when seeing a doctor and the drugs you get from the pharmacy are heavily subsidies by the government compare that to USA you will love Canada more.

3) Education is heavily subsidies in Canada that all basic school (primary and secondary) in government owned schools are free,so one can give his children a quality education without breaking the bank.

4)FOOD: food is cheap there if you want to cook it yourself, for a family of two or four 300CAD if managed well will be enough to buy foodstuffs for the house.

CONS

1) Canadian inter- Provence transportation is nothing to write home about both Land and air(due to how big their land mass is it's costly to travel within Canada than you do going to another country) many Canadians don't visit other places in Canada because of it.

2) TAX: in Canada income tax is between 25-42% depending on how you earn, big cheque comes with 42% income Tax and other deductions.

3)RENT: Rent in Canada can take your whole monthly pay if your not careful, a self contain apartment in a basement cost 800CAD in the village or not so well developed areas to 1800CAD in the city,in some cities that is for the elite it can cost $2300CAD excluding the rental tax.

4) WORK EXPERIENCE: none of your previous work experience will count for you once you get it outside canada(wih exception of USA and some of the A List countries). If you like be a medical consultant in Nigeria with a load of documents to show for it it will not count, you must start at the entry level and work your way up, A Canadian diploma or college degree will turn your employers on. Don't think that your Nigerian degree means anything to them(i also have a degree in Physics Electronics) it does not and your best bet is to go for a college graduate certificate which will take you a year or less.

pamela is right as well as wrong...

fact is there is no country in this world that getting job is as easy as abc....you still need to face competition with others highly skilled like you even in your own country of birth for example jobs are not gotten easily barring the long leg Nigerian factor but the difference is that even with so many western countries not as perfect as we think but comparing them with Nigeria?..we need to ask again which Nigeria.

People often forget that there are so many things that drives the mind of the man that wants to relocate away from Nigeria...money is the least of it.
Some people abroad may not have all the money some people have in Nigeria but those outside live a better peaceful,secured,well organised,free access to commonest things that makes life worth living and a whole lot of other...after all those same that said they make that money in Nigeria steal away some time to get off the madness in Nigeria to come savor the beauty of what life means and hate going back to Nigeria once their vacation is ended.

In Nigeria if you don't plan your life well you will still miss the road same thing all over the word no matter which country you need to plan your life and the way to succeed is made easy..however some environment wont allow you to even plan your life because of the many vices working against your dreams...Nigeria as against western world where they relocate to will stifle and snuff out that dream comot for your body.

No matter how people perceive it..Nigeria won't even start where Canada or other developed countries have stopped.We never even enter classroom not to talk say we still be learner...Nigeria is far off from being a habitable place.

Readers please read above at your own discretion,you don't need to agree or disagree with what i wrote.

Una tankyo

12 Likes

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by MVLOX(m): 5:57am On May 08, 2018
Hmmmm.... Make I Sidon for fence 1st

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by iamgenius(m): 6:33am On May 08, 2018
I don't totally agree with Con 3 and 4. As for 3, rent can only eat your money when you wish to live like Dangote child. And you would she to take selfies inside your apartments so people can see how large you're living. There are 600cad apartments in Toronto like Mississauga or Downtown for this price(not even basement) . It depends on how large you want to be living and the location.

As for con 4, it only applies to those that bring in certificates with nothing upstairs. If you are skilled you can get job easily.

Note: I've never been to Canada, just speaking from what a friend told me. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2018
gentleiphy:

pamela is right as well as wrong...

fact is there is no country in this world that getting job is as easy as abc....you still need to face competition with others highly skilled like you even in your own country of birth for example jobs are not gotten easily barring the long leg Nigerian factor but the difference is that even with so many western countries not as perfect as we think but comparing them with Nigeria?..we need to ask again which Nigeria.

People often forget that there are so many things that drives the mind of the man that wants to relocate away from Nigeria...money is the least of it.
Some people abroad may not have all the money some people have in Nigeria but those outside live a better peaceful,secured,well organised,free access to commonest things that makes life worth living and a whole lot of other...after all those same that said they make that money in Nigeria steal away some time to get off the madness in Nigeria to come savor the beauty of what life means and hate going back to Nigeria once their vacation is ended.

In Nigeria if you don't plan your life well you will still miss the road same thing all over the word no matter which country you need to plan your life and the way to succeed is made easy..however some environment wont allow you to even plan your life because of the many vices working against your dreams...Nigeria as against western world where they relocate to will stifle and snuff out that dream comot for your body.

No matter how people perceive it..Nigeria won't even start where Canada or other developed countries have stopped.We never even enter classroom not to talk say we still be learner...Nigeria is far off from being a habitable place.

Readers please read above at your own discretion,you don't need to agree or disagree with what i wrote.

Una tankyo
Thats the point I made by bringing the pros and cons to show that even in the hardships in Canada life is still better because you have a free medical care and free basic schooling, these two things makes a country great and Canada has them, compare that's to Nigeria you will prefer Canada a hundred time.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 9:36am On May 08, 2018
iamgenius:
I don't totally agree with Con 3 and 4. As for 3, rent can only eat your money when you wish to live like Dangote child. And you would she to take selfies inside your apartments so people can see how large you're living. There are 600cad apartments in Toronto like Mississauga or Downtown for this price(not even basement) . It depends on how large you want to be living and the location.

As for con 4, it only applies to those that bring in certificates with nothing upstairs. If you are skilled you can get job easily.

regarding rent you maybe right, my judgement is based from advice from the locals so it's possible, I am heading to Hamilton Ontario Canada before October by God's grace, I hope and pray I find such apartment.

Regarding jobs even as a professional skilled worker in 9ja with 30years experience, you must start from entrely level this is a must, your 9ja experience does not count.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by iamgenius(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2018
o42austino:
regarding rent you maybe right, my judgement is based from advice from the locals so it's possible, I am heading to Hamilton Ontario Canada before October by God's grace, I hope and pray I find such apartment.

Regarding jobs even as a professional skilled worker in 9ja with 30years experience, you must start from entrely level this is a must, your 9ja experience does not count.

Starting from entry level is right. It's done so the person can adapt to their ways and how things are done there. For example, if you are a forklift driver here and you get there, it'll be easy for you to adapt to their ways and easy to get a licence as a forklift driver. Compared to someone who has no experience in forklift driving, even if he can drive a car.

May God help you in your journey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2018
iamgenius:

Starting from entry level is right. It's done so the person can adapt to their ways and how things are done there. For example, if you are a forklift driver here and you get there, it'll be easy for you to adapt to their ways and easy to get a licence as a forklift driver. Compared to someone who has no experience in forklift driving, even if he can drive a car.

May God help you in your journey.
thanks boss, I appreciate.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by rs172(m): 5:12am On May 09, 2018
o42austino:
Hi Nairalanders,

Pros:

CONS

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by Ugosample(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2018
Nigeria no be place

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 3:16am On May 11, 2018
Ugosample:
Nigeria no be place
true boss, I just want people to know what's up, Canada far better pass naija.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by WaltherPPK: 1:36pm On May 11, 2018
iamgenius:

$600 apartment in Toronto or Mississuaga? You are dreaming. What the guy said about rent is the absolute truth. In some "villages" sef, you no go get $800 basement to rent.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 6:56pm On May 11, 2018
WaltherPPK:

$600 apartment in Toronto or Mississuaga? You are dreaming. What the guy said about rent is the absolute truth. In some "villages" sef, you no go get $800 basement to rent.
i just dey laff that guy man... Rent in Canada is unbelievable and can burn hole in someone's pocket.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by Nobody: 6:17am On May 12, 2018
morning & OP , I sent you a mail . Kindly reply thanks
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by Chuksmonika(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2018
o42austino:
true boss, I just want people to know what's up, Canada far better pass naija.
how can a sane person compare a developed country like Canada to a developing corrupt country like Nigeria,from all views Canada is better than Nigeria na...if you are in canada,it will be as if you are in US
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2018
Mikehk2:
morning & OP , I sent you a mail . Kindly reply thanks
i am sorry I don't reply Personal messages here, find any of my business thread on nairaland and you will see my personal contact details.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by NothingDoMe: 2:23pm On May 13, 2018
FOOD: food is cheap there if you want to cook it yourself, for a family of two or four 300CAD if managed well will be enough to buy foodstuffs for the house.

@o42austino, This 300CAD is like 90k. Is the money for yearly feeding abi monthly cos I am not understanding

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by salford1: 6:53pm On May 13, 2018
NothingDoMe:
FOOD: food is cheap there if you want to cook it yourself, for a family of two or four 300CAD if managed well will be enough to buy foodstuffs for the house.

@o42austino, This 300CAD is like 90k. Is the money for yearly feeding abi monthly cos I am not understanding
Monthly.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by NothingDoMe: 7:23pm On May 13, 2018
salford1:

Monthly.
That's a lot. I wonder what the comparison is. Is it cheap compared to Nigeria or cheap compared to the United States of America.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:

lol...monthly ooo if you have family

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:
That's a lot. I wonder what the comparison is. Is it cheap compared to Nigeria or cheap compared to the United States of America.
compared to the USA not Nigeria, here in 9ja food is very cheap but Canada is very cheap compared to other western world.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by NothingDoMe: 9:55am On May 14, 2018
o42austino:
compared to the USA not Nigeria, here in 9ja food is very cheap but Canada is very cheap compared to other western world.
Someone once said that they used to drive to US to buy food. That food is cheaper in the US. However I checked Numebo site and it seems averagely you are correct.

City by City seems to be a different story altogether. Like comparing Vancouver to Arlington. Vancouver is way expensive
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by salford1: 2:29pm On May 14, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Someone once said that they used to drive to US to buy food. That food is cheaper in the US. However I checked Numebo site and it seems averagely you are correct.

City by City seems to be a different story altogether. Like comparing Vancouver to Arlington. Vancouver is way expensive
Almost everything is cheaper in the US except healthcare. They have to population to match demand with supply.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 12:18pm On May 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:

vancouver is for the super and classic rich people, no try go there if you are average na for street you go dey sleep.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2018
salford1:

Almost everything is cheaper in the US except healthcare. They have to population to match demand with supply.
true talk.
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by NothingDoMe: 3:04pm On May 15, 2018
o42austino:
vancouver is for the super and classic rich people, no try go there if you are average na for street you go dey sleep.
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 9:09pm On May 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Hahahaha cheesy
Vancouver no be joke for any migrant, no serious die
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by NothingDoMe: 10:30pm On May 15, 2018
o42austino:
Vancouver no be joke for any migrant, no serious die
I think there's money to be made there
Re: The Truth About Canada Validating What Pamela O Said. by o42austino(m): 5:26am On May 18, 2018
NothingDoMe:
I think there's money to be made there
yea but a situation where you make the money and rent take am that one no be serious money again ooo

(1) (Reply)

Flight From Nigeria To Ukraine / Kano Nigeria's Largest State And The Second Substantial Pride Of Nigeria / Any One Used This Travel AGENCY: RICHGLOBAL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.