Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic (6375 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 1:58pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

I said i was not taught, You said i was taught but did not understand, and am asking you why i now understand when the pentecostals have taught me, why didn't i understand when the Catholics taught me?

You may need to know that my family is still catholic. Serious die heart Catholics as we speak, yet they don't know these things. When we begin these discussions, it appears i'm speaking Greek.

You mean they too are still being taught these principles yet don't understand?
I said it is either you were taught but did not understand or you were poorly catechized.

It is possible to be taught and not understand. I'm sure you went to School and you understand the simple fact that in a Classroom, some understand when a lesson is being taught, others understand later on, some others still understand when they have it broken down by another.

However, you insist you were not taught and I won't argue that.
Why you never understood in the Catholic Church but understand now in the Pentecostal circle is a story you can tell better. All the same, we thank God for you.

As for your family and your claim about their lack of understanding of what redemption is, I suppose we need to hear from them and know what their problem is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

Thanks for proving the point Fela made.
My position has nothing to do with Fela's statement.
I am not in the dark and there is no proof that you are in the light.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 2:03pm On May 13, 2018
UbiPetrus:

I said it is either you were taught but did not understand or you were poorly catechized.

It is possible to be taught and not understand. I'm sure you went to School and you understand the simple fact that in a Classroom, some understand when a lesson is being taught, others understand later on, some others still understand when they have it broken down by another.

However, you insist you were not taught and I won't argue that.
Why you never understood in the Catholic Church but understand now in the Pentecostal circle is a story you can tell better. All the same, we thank God for you.

As for your family and your claim about their lack of understanding of what redemption is, I suppose we need to hear from them and know what their problem is.
How do you expect to hear from them?

A guy introduced me to this forum, but he deactivated. He is more Catholic than the Pope. But wen we start talking Scriptures, they fly over his head. This guy is supper intelligent in the things of the world except godly things.

What happened to him, He also lacks understanding?
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 2:05pm On May 13, 2018
UbiPetrus:
My position has nothing to do with Fela's statement.
I am not in the dark and there is no proof that you are in the light.
What proof that i have Jesus?
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 2:13pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

How do you expect to hear from them?

A guy introduced me to this forum, but he deactivated. He is more Catholic than the Pope, but start talking Scriptures, they fly over his head. This guy is supper intelligent in the things of the world except godly things.

What happened to him, He also lacks understanding?

He cannot be more Catholic than the Pope and know not the Scriptures.
He also cannot be more Catholic than the Pope and be ungodly at the same time.
Those are your wild claims.
He appears to me a nominal Catholic. One of those who don't dust up their Bible for actual study and fail to ask necessary questions. It is also possible that he lacks understanding just as your family is Catholic and know nothing about the faith they profess daily, according to you.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 2:20pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

What proof that i have Jesus?
Perhaps there is proof, and that includes your doctrine of the left behind and your lame accusations of others being in the dark.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 9:10pm On May 13, 2018
UbiPetrus:

He cannot be more Catholic than the Pope and know not the Scriptures.
He appears to me a nominal Catholic. One of those who don't dust up their Bible for actual study and fail to ask necessary questions. It is also possible that he lacks understanding just as your family is Catholic and know nothing about the faith they profess daily, according to you.
What this means is that, there are very few understanding catholics. You seem to be one of the very few Catholics who understand the Catholic teachings.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

Yeah, I didnt say they dont teach resurrection, i said they dont teach Rapture. They teach general resurrection, but the Rapture of saints is what is missing there. Even the general Resurrection is largely in a book, but what is hammered on is prayer for the death who are in purgatory to enter heaven.

People are even made to pay money for their dead loved ones to be allowed into heaven.

Ubenedictus downloaded the whole Catechism which is only on the pages of paper with no one really know what they meant to me.

@Ubenedictus, when last did you hear what you copy pasted there taught in Church? I was a Catholic, i went through Catechism and was never thought those Biblical Principles you just regurgitated there.

It is a different thing to have them written down, and a totally different thing from teaching and insisting on people living by those principles.

then you were poorly Catechicised, that same teaching must be taught to every Catholic and affirmed before confirmation, I taught a class exactly same using scripture to guide, I too was taught in my First communion class, that same teaching is repeated every easter period especially on good Friday. to answer your question, I last heard it taught last two Sundays... this Sunday was on Christian unity, love and witness.

I am sorry if you were badly Catechicised but these are issues that should be familiar to every Catholic 7 year old.

nobody is made to pay money for souls to enter heaven, and in all Catholic churches I have attended the resurrection is usually taught... in fact it is hard to imagine a week where the priest didn't remind people about judgement and the final resurrection... in fact almost every prayer during mass reference the everlasting life we hope for, the second coming and the resurrection... it is impossible to be in a Catholic mass and not hear those themes.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by budaatum: 10:34pm On May 13, 2018
ogbright:
I took as many as I can because my children are starving at home.
You love your kids and care for them but there is an aspect of their nurturing you neglect because you are more concerned about yourself (do note that this "concerned about yourself" could include working really hard to feed those kids or send them to a good school).

Find out what it is that might be missing so you can all be rapturised (assuming rapture is meant to be a good thing), together.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 11:04pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

Yeah, I didnt say they dont teach resurrection, i said they dont teach Rapture. They teach general resurrection, but the Rapture of saints is what is missing there. Even the general Resurrection is largely in a book, but what is hammered on is prayer for the death who are in purgatory to enter heaven.

People are even made to pay money for their dead loved ones to be allowed into heaven.

Ubenedictus downloaded the whole Catechism which is only on the pages of paper with no one really know what they meant to me.

@Ubenedictus, when last did you hear what you copy pasted there taught in Church? I was a Catholic, i went through Catechism and was never thought those Biblical Principles you just regurgitated there.

It is a different thing to have them written down, and a totally different thing from teaching and insisting on people living by those principles.

The things you claim he regurgitated are those things that escaped your knowledge, perhaps. They've been there and they've always been taught.
Perhaps, I should equally let you know that I once had my circle time with Pentecostalism before I finally found peace and my home in the Catholic Church.

You claim people are made to pay money to have their loved ones enter heaven.
Sister, even the devil knows you are lying.
I wasn't wrong when I said you never understood certain things.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by UbiPetrus: 11:09pm On May 13, 2018
Anas09:

What this means is that, there are very few understanding catholics. You seem to be one of the very few Catholics who understand the Catholic teachings.
There are many Catholics who understand the faith they profess. You probably seek and stick around the nominal ones so you can feel alright.
They are not very few, neither do I claim to be one of the very few.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by budaatum: 1:59am On May 14, 2018
UbiPetrus:

You claim people are made to pay money to have their loved ones enter heaven.
Maybe like 500 years ago they did. But as you truly state, it is either a lie or plain ignorance to claim it is so today.

With respect to the rapture, Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though they do not generally use the word "rapture" to refer to this event (somewhat ironically, since the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17—"we will be caught up," [Latin: rapiemur]).
Catholic Answers
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by ogbright: 5:54am On May 14, 2018
budaatum:

You love your kids and care for them but there is an aspect of their nurturing you neglect because you are more concerned about yourself (do note that this "concerned about yourself" could include working really hard to feed those kids or send them to a good school).

Find out what it is that might be missing so you can all be rapturised (assuming rapture is meant to be a good thing), together.

tanx for the advice.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 7:29pm On May 15, 2018
UbiPetrus:
There are many Catholics who understand the faith they profess. You probably seek and stick around the nominal ones so you can feel alright.
They are not very few, neither do I claim to be one of the very few.
Let me leave you to your devices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Atheists Feel On Nairaland; Part Two / Truthman2012, / Atheist Quotes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.