Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates (36884 Views)

Why Are Chirstians/muslims So Brainwashed? / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / "I Killed This Lizard In Midnight & My Brother Died":nigerian Man Narrates(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Lordcenturion2(m): 2:51pm On May 08, 2018
So, some people are still a maga of some churches in 2018?, I weep for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 08, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Religion is an opium.
I hate religion
Opium of the masses.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by obowunmi(m): 2:53pm On May 08, 2018
My Aunty has been married for 35years.

In all those years, her 'Pastor' husband has refused to work. When she complains about his laziness, lazy man will report her to his church that 'god said Pastors should not work.' She picks up the tabs for everything.

Very Sad life!!

If god says, you shouldn't work, then don't have kids. Find a sugarmama and enjoy your life but women sometimes are too desperate to pay attention.

5 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by victorazyvictor(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2018
BloggersNG:
A very sad story indeed, Facebook user Amy George has shared a bitter story of her a very rich family she knew, went totally broke, with Zero kobo after listening and brainwashed by their church, Without wasting much of your time, read her sad piece below!

''I’m not sharing this story to disparage the church nor any relationship but if you think otherwise, it’s irrelevant anyway…
Last week, my mum and I visited an old family friend whom I have known since childhood. I felt awkward or rather regretted ever obliging to such request (visiting them).

As I was growing up, I used to know this family to be well off, Tom tom (not his real name) was a wealthy businessman who made a fortune with a very simple business. They were one of those families that promised me some goodies after my tertiary education. Walking into their sitting room, what I saw saddened me.

There was No television, no curtain, everywhere was virtually empty! I felt bad thinking maybe the obvious (grace to grass) had happened. I sat down on the bench in the sitting room and a lot was going through my head. ‘Maybe Mr Tom tom had some setback ‘, ‘what if he was duped’? ‘Or he lost everything to the bank’. My mind turns to the random thoughts but that’s neither here nor there as my brain cells turn the pages of the past like a funeral dirge. I can’t help but wonder why Something felt like it was constantly missing. This was a family I looked up to. The son was my best during bible classes. The children had the best primary and secondary education. Like what happened?

Uncle and aunty changed to ‘Jesus must come’ kind of churches.

They were told to stop chasing wealth as it is vanity.
They were advised to share all they have acquired from the ‘vanity kingdom’ to the less privileged.
They were called to bring souls to church (I used that because we know what winning souls for Christ tastes like).

Uncle and aunty left their business (the vanity), shared what they made from the vanity kingdom to those vanity children that needs help.

Uncle and aunty stopped work, invested their time to winning souls and increasing the members.
These, they did for over 10years!!!
10years until they realised they are left with nothing!

How can you be brainwashed to tasting poverty.
The seven children were looking thin and tacky.
I saw my best boy, called his name- tears couldn’t stop flowing.

They lost everything – money, friends and family because they deserted from everyone. ‘Their’ church made them believe anyone who isn’t a member of their church is a sinner and cursed. And until they give their lives to Christ by attending the ‘jesus must come’ church, they must not associate.

It’s hard to believe. I read stories, I watch clips and never imagined I’d witness it in lifetime. It can’t be them.

They are educated, they were RICH! Super RICH! So how did this happen?

My mum asked my aforementioned best to come home with us so he could take ‘anything’ for dinner, Aunty shouted in igbo (I translate);

“Mama junior, don’t worry. God sees and he knows the best. Job suffered more than this.”

We got to the car, I asked my mum why we visited, because obviously- a part of them didn’t welcome us. She explained; “Her Husband called on phone few days ago and narrated their ordeal. He asked I come over, so I came with you.”

Uncle has seen the light, aunty is yet to see the reflection. Prior to our visit, the family only had 200naria okpa for the day. The church isn’t helping, the church isn’t paying the fees, the church advised you stop chasing vanity. You are bringing members to the church yet there’s no benefit to your family. It’s over 10years ma. My uncle is tired! Can’t you feel your husband?

Unlike my mum, I don’t want to believe it’s ignorance though we know the obvious. I’m here hoping God remembers such faith.
How would it happen when the couple are jobless and now phlegmatic about ‘chasing vanity’. Certainly, God might send a Good Samaritan to share his vanity with them. He works in a Mysterious way.

Oh I remember; Job indeed suffered more!

I’m waiting to update my version of the bible with their testimony;

Surly, The destiny changer knows the best.
Amen!

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/sad-lady-narrate-how-very-wealthy.html

Nobody tricked them, they were just f00ls, lazy people who refused to learn. My own church told me I can be the richest man on earth because my father in heaven is thee owner of earth and its riches, so why should I be poor?

2 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:56pm On May 08, 2018
K
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by BadBradley: 2:56pm On May 08, 2018
Poorly fabricated story. Every idiot wants to trend on social media with fictcious stories.

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by victorazyvictor(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2018
BadBradley:
Poorly fabricated story. Every idiot wants to trend on social media with fictcious stories.

No mind the iidiot

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by grandstar(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2018
I am a Jehovah's Witness and we appreciate the importance of preaching ( Matthew 28:19,20)

However, King Solomon warns us not to be righteous over much, why bring devastation upon ourselves (Eccl 5)

It was wrong that with 7 children, you decide to pauperize yourself and your kids.A sensible balance should have been found.

3 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Is The Lady In That Picture Married
that's thr only thing i am intrested in tight now... Fuucjkk!!! Brain washed people
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Okoyeebos: 3:00pm On May 08, 2018
Euouae:

Your pastor is a sharp man. You are the Mugu

Read that post again.

2 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Angelawhite(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:
Hmm. I love her use of words and the way she applied it, but my dear, it is all a lie. People should stop forming stories to trend online, use your spare time to think of how to get legitimate money or better yourself, not trying to b famous for d wrong reasons.

That u read a couple of lies doesn't mean all stories are lies

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by abbeyty(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2018
This writer is a confirmed amebo,All of this were going on in your head just cuz you visited someone else house, why didnt you mind your business? If you like write still kingdom comes zombie will always be zombie.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by grandstar(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2018
obowunmi:
My Aunty has been married for 35years.

In all those years, her 'Pastor' husband has refused to work. When she complains about his laziness, lazy man will report her to his church that 'god said Pastors should not work.' She picks up the tabs for everything.

Very Sad life!!

If god says, you shouldn't work, then don't have kids. Find a sugarmama and enjoy your life but women sometimes are too desperate to pay attention.

Nowehere does the bible say pastors must not work. Even the Apostle Paul worked

4 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by arome60(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2018
BloggersNG:
A very sad story indeed, Facebook user Amy George has shared a bitter story of her a very rich family she knew, went totally broke, with Zero kobo after listening and brainwashed by their church, Without wasting much of your time, read her sad piece below!

''I’m not sharing this story to disparage the church nor any relationship but if you think otherwise, it’s irrelevant anyway…
Last week, my mum and I visited an old family friend whom I have known since childhood. I felt awkward or rather regretted ever obliging to such request (visiting them).

As I was growing up, I used to know this family to be well off, Tom tom (not his real name) was a wealthy businessman who made a fortune with a very simple business. They were one of those families that promised me some goodies after my tertiary education. Walking into their sitting room, what I saw saddened me.

There was No television, no curtain, everywhere was virtually empty! I felt bad thinking maybe the obvious (grace to grass) had happened. I sat down on the bench in the sitting room and a lot was going through my head. ‘Maybe Mr Tom tom had some setback ‘, ‘what if he was duped’? ‘Or he lost everything to the bank’. My mind turns to the random thoughts but that’s neither here nor there as my brain cells turn the pages of the past like a funeral dirge. I can’t help but wonder why Something felt like it was constantly missing. This was a family I looked up to. The son was my best during bible classes. The children had the best primary and secondary education. Like what happened?

Uncle and aunty changed to ‘Jesus must come’ kind of churches.

They were told to stop chasing wealth as it is vanity.
They were advised to share all they have acquired from the ‘vanity kingdom’ to the less privileged.
They were called to bring souls to church (I used that because we know what winning souls for Christ tastes like).

Uncle and aunty left their business (the vanity), shared what they made from the vanity kingdom to those vanity children that needs help.

Uncle and aunty stopped work, invested their time to winning souls and increasing the members.
These, they did for over 10years!!!
10years until they realised they are left with nothing!

How can you be brainwashed to tasting poverty.
The seven children were looking thin and tacky.
I saw my best boy, called his name- tears couldn’t stop flowing.

They lost everything – money, friends and family because they deserted from everyone. ‘Their’ church made them believe anyone who isn’t a member of their church is a sinner and cursed. And until they give their lives to Christ by attending the ‘jesus must come’ church, they must not associate.

It’s hard to believe. I read stories, I watch clips and never imagined I’d witness it in lifetime. It can’t be them.

They are educated, they were RICH! Super RICH! So how did this happen?

My mum asked my aforementioned best to come home with us so he could take ‘anything’ for dinner, Aunty shouted in igbo (I translate);

“Mama junior, don’t worry. God sees and he knows the best. Job suffered more than this.”

We got to the car, I asked my mum why we visited, because obviously- a part of them didn’t welcome us. She explained; “Her Husband called on phone few days ago and narrated their ordeal. He asked I come over, so I came with you.”

Uncle has seen the light, aunty is yet to see the reflection. Prior to our visit, the family only had 200naria okpa for the day. The church isn’t helping, the church isn’t paying the fees, the church advised you stop chasing vanity. You are bringing members to the church yet there’s no benefit to your family. It’s over 10years ma. My uncle is tired! Can’t you feel your husband?

Unlike my mum, I don’t want to believe it’s ignorance though we know the obvious. I’m here hoping God remembers such faith.
How would it happen when the couple are jobless and now phlegmatic about ‘chasing vanity’. Certainly, God might send a Good Samaritan to share his vanity with them. He works in a Mysterious way.

Oh I remember; Job indeed suffered more!

I’m waiting to update my version of the bible with their testimony;

Surly, The destiny changer knows the best.
Amen!

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/sad-lady-narrate-how-very-wealthy.html

Dis fine girl just use ha amebo time right all Dis tin
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by staymore: 3:06pm On May 08, 2018
BadBradley:

Fabricate your own and lets see how interesting it will be.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by youngibeh(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2018
CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE PLEASE cool cool shocked cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by don4real18(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Ma nigga... She's taken by me. Please look elsewhere before I start WW3 with you grin
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by ObiaboAdoka(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2018
Dis nawadays churches one gat to b kiaful wit it ooo. Abeg na wetin b d chruch name?
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by xynerise: 3:10pm On May 08, 2018
thoollz:
Hmm. I love her use of words and the way she applied it, but my dear, it is all a lie. People should stop forming stories to trend online, use your spare time to think of how to get legitimate money or better yourself, not trying to b famous for d wrong reasons.

Stop saying its a lie. Story like this happens. If it hasn't happen to you or people around you, then don't defend

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by BadBradley: 3:10pm On May 08, 2018
staymore:

Fabricate your own and lets see how interesting it will be.

there's no 15 minutes time for you. Try the next dude.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by firstolalekan(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

What if I told you she a wh0re and hiv positive, would you still consider?
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by CodeTemplar: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
I believe they were truly brainwashed.
The Bible call certain things vanity because they can't go to heaven with us, that doesn't mean they aren't needed on earth.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

no go there ooo, I see am before you oooo
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 08, 2018
They left their business enterprises to become marketers for the One Man business called Church, and more members to the church means more offerings and Tithes to the church business owner, yet they end up in poverty. There is no such God that requires people to win souls for him. An all powerful God should have won Souls by himself. How can such a God be so powerful yet he demands for money as tithes/offering and desires for mere mortals to win souls for him.

Sounds like a crippled God.

3 Likes

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Henri8: 3:16pm On May 08, 2018
DrToche:
religion... tufiakwa
Its called super opium.

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by derecho(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2018
Don't mind them...I take stories like this with a pinch of salt.
One thing is sure,no one can become poor by giving to God.
I'm curious to know their source of wealth before joining "Jesus must come whatever church".Could it be he acquired those stuffs fraudulently and had to stop that line of business?
ajoguegbe:
Nairaland rules forbids the spread of false info. Yet they will copy and spread unverified stories from unofficial sources.
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by chukzyfcbb: 3:22pm On May 08, 2018
even the bible talks about utilizing money well while rich.

When you are rich. invest ooooo because nobody knows what will happen next

1 Like

Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by Enemyofpeace: 3:22pm On May 08, 2018
This is super story
Re: How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates by AreaFada2: 3:29pm On May 08, 2018
IamPlato:

Plato, instead of lesson from the story na woman your eye dey? grin cheesy

Abeg see her without make-up and filter first before u dey trip.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) / Understanding The Concept of Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.