Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency (14337 Views)

Why Buhari Doesn't Wear Face-Mask - Lauretta Onochie / Polling Officer Fails To Show Which Regulation Authorises Him To Transmit Result / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by ivandragon: 3:01am On May 09, 2018
Buhari in London: He doesn’t need to transmit letter to NASS —Presidency

Adesina says no cause to worry over president’s health

ABUJA—THE Presidency, yesterday said that President Muhammadu Buhari who is on a four-day trip to the United Kingdom, where he will see his doctors did not need to transmit a letter to the Senate and the House of Representatives before embarking on such a trip.

This came as Femi Adesina, spokesman of President Buhari, yesterday, said there was no cause to worry over Buhari’s health condition.

Speaking with Vanguard , the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang said President Buhari was still on duty, but only going for medical attention.

Enang said, “Mr. President is still on duty and he is going for medical attention.”

Asked whether it was not pertinent and compulsory for Buhari to have an executive communication with the National Assembly, Enang said, “ Mr. President does not need to transmit a letter , he is on duty, but gone for medical attention.”

Efforts to speak with the Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Sabi Abdullahi(APC, Niger North) on the matter proved abortive.

In the same vein, Mr Femi Adesina, spokesman of President Buhari, yesterday, said his principal’s trip to London was “just for a review” of his health.

Speaking on a Channels TV programme, Adesina said there was no cause to worry over Buhari’s health condition.

“The fact that a man is a president does not remove his right and privileges to privacy. So, unless Mr President comes out voluntarily and willingly to tell the country that ‘this is what I have suffered from, this is what I have been treated for,’ even the medical doctor does not have the right to say it.

“It is in the hippocratic oath that the medical doctors take. They cannot disclose the ailment of the patient without the permission of that patient.”

He added that the president was “up and about and doing his duties” and that “what he is going for is a review.
“We all need that from time to time. There is nobody that is 100 per cent healthy. He is just going for a review. I want to believe that he will come back on Saturday as planned,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/buhari-london-doesnt-need-transmit-letter-nass-presidency/
Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by ivandragon: 3:03am On May 09, 2018
less than 10 months ago, it was an 'achievement' when pmb handed over to the VP before travelling...

now, it doesn't matter. the goal post has been shifted...

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by MakeADifference: 3:07am On May 09, 2018
I **** Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by NaijaElba(m): 3:07am On May 09, 2018
I think it High time people here on NL start taking SR serious. About few weeks ago he reported that Buhari will travel to London for check up and a lot of people here were doubting. Can you now see for yourself?

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by hatchy(f): 3:26am On May 09, 2018
See what Tinubu and his cohorts caused....

Buhari is a disaster to this country.

It will not be well with you and your generation unborn.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by chuka5000(m): 3:45am On May 09, 2018
Dear lord please save us, we're begging

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Debazent1: 3:48am On May 09, 2018
Everyone is now feeling this insensitive government,I stopped taking this government serious along time ago,because its difficult for them to differentiate their right from left,always lieing,always confused,always shifting blames. They don't want to be blamed for anything and they believe we don't know they are deceiving themselves.Bad leadership is this a good example,the day of good leadership has long gone,hope such a period returns again.

Bring in your goods from USA and China to Nigeria cheaper and faster

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Vicolan: 3:49am On May 09, 2018
Very soon he would find himself in Daura!!.. And wishing him speedy recovery to Daura

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Obijulius: 3:49am On May 09, 2018
Deadbody no dey write letter.

Jibrin reloading for campaigns

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by bottlecap: 4:04am On May 09, 2018
Enang, am really disappointed with you on this

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by chinjo(m): 4:06am On May 09, 2018
Just Negodu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by evy4ch(m): 5:39am On May 09, 2018
Tell him to retire in 2019 he is too old to lead this country till 2023.so that his respect will remain for than being disgraced in 2019

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:35am On May 09, 2018
This is just to cage the vp
Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by pode(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2018
Why are we crying over spoiled milk, everything done bad finished, just that Nigerians are patiently waiting for when they will leave the country for us

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Paperwhite(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2018
See a party of progressives sad So these fools still think the Nigerian constitution is useless by having provision for such situation? Adeshina is still an idiot.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by NwaAmaikpe: 8:54am On May 09, 2018
shocked

Someone who can't use his position as President to make the healthcare in his own country good enough for himself is not worthy to be our President again.

Buhari reminds me of my former neighbor who wouldn't use his toilet at home because it didn't flush well, but will go outside to pay to use a mobile public latrine.

#BackToDaura.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by massinola(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2018
Why is this Buhari like this? You went to US, on your way back, you stopped over in UK. You didn't deem it fit to see your doctor. You returned to Nigeria after spending a lot of money on yourself, your wife, and your officials. Less than a week you are flying out again back to the same UK you stopped over last week. Now another expenses upon the claimed dilapidated resources. And some zombies will still praise him and call him Mr integrity. I see a man that's a legal thief. Using his office to gather wealth for himself and his family. It's a pity.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by asawanathegreat(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2018
As per autocratic leader

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Houseofglam7(f): 8:56am On May 09, 2018
Mtchewwwwww
Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by modaink333: 8:56am On May 09, 2018
Reminds me of the nursery school rhyme

Pussy cat(buhari) x2 where are you going?
-am going to London.
London for what?
-London for medicine
Medicine for what?
-Medicine for Cough
Are you coughing?
-Yes 9ja
Cough let me see you
--timboko kworup shunnn

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by massinola(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2018
ivandragon:
less than 10 months ago, it was an 'achievement' when pmb handed over to the VP before travelling...

now, it doesn't matter. the goal post has been shifted...

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by kennosklint(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2018
And who is worried about the vegetable health.nonsense
Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Josh44s(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2018
It’s obvious Nigerians are in Bondage. It’s well.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Omeokachie: 8:58am On May 09, 2018
Because he is emperor answerable to no one

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by BanevsJoker(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2018
This time, he is kicking the bucket for real.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by ShenTeh(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2018
Ah!

'I called in sick but dont worry, I am still on duty' - PMB and his Forty Thieves.

We are as stupid as we come.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by princemillla(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2018
How long do we have to learn democracy befor we get it right.

I have been watching this nonsense for a while now. Or is it that anyone just act as they wish.

One arms of govt will be telling what the other one should know or not.

How are we then looking for change?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by ipobarecriminals: 9:00am On May 09, 2018
sad these pipu with their one ON 3 days OFF like NEPA own. i give up

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by Bossontop(m): 9:00am On May 09, 2018
undecided
No be today him start dey show utter disregard for the law now....make him enjoy am till 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by princemillla(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2018
BanevsJoker:
This time, he is kicking the bucket for real.

That's not fair, don't wish fellow human death pls.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency by SirRoberto(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2018
Not surprised

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagosians Will Miss My Government If Denied Second Term (Video) / Subsidy: Apapa-Led Faction Of LP Rejects NLC Planned Protest / Landlocked Countries With High Success Rates In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.