Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Atheists Agree: Truth Is A Moral Issue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Agree: Truth Is A Moral Issue (323 Views)

God's Failure As A Moral Standard / Download. London Grammar Truth Is A Beautiful Thing / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Agree: Truth Is A Moral Issue by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2018
Atheists agree: Truth is a moral issue

Even atheists admit that people who err about origins aren't necessarily "ignorant, stupid, or insane." There is a fourth option—and God's Word would agree with them.

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/atheists-agree-truth-moral-issue/
Re: Atheists Agree: Truth Is A Moral Issue by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Atheists agree: Truth is a moral issue

Even atheists admit that people who err about origins aren't necessarily "ignorant, stupid, or insane." There is a fourth option—and God's Word would agree with them.

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/atheists-agree-truth-moral-issue/

When we understand and embrace God's Word, we will know the difference between the truth and the lies, and we won't be deceived.

Our most prominent global-village atheist, Richard Dawkins, said a few years ago, "If you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid, or insane (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that)."1

That's us creationists. And despite his coy demurrals, his subsequent public statements suggest that he is all too ready to consider us not just stupid but wicked.

I’ll let Dawkins' four adjectives structure my article, but I'll reveal my main point up front: I actually agree with Dawkins on something very important, the idea that knowledge is a moral issue.
Re: Atheists Agree: Truth Is A Moral Issue by tartar9(m): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

When we understand and embrace God's Word, we will know the difference between the truth and the lies, and we won't be deceived.

Our most prominent global-village atheist, Richard Dawkins, said a few years ago, "If you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid, or insane (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that)."1

That's us creationists. And despite his coy demurrals, his subsequent public statements suggest that he is all too ready to consider us not just stupid but wicked.

I’ll let Dawkins' four adjectives structure my article, but I'll reveal my main point up front: I actually agree with Dawkins on something very important, the idea that knowledge is a moral issue.
He is correct to an extent.I myself don't believe in evolution,but what I don't do is go about providing ignorant,stupid or insane arguments as refutation to a theory they don't even understand.

(1) (Reply)

SEED And Misconceptions Around It. / No Bsc Degree No Problem – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Governor Okorocha Anoints Worshipers During Church Service In Imo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.