Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues (12339 Views)

Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by TBIZZY(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2018
this man must be from the northern part of the country

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Dindondin(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
His view is incosequential.Everyone claims to know the truth.
We have had women who have excelled in those fields even if they may be few.
Nobody should force or discourage a woman into or from entering such fields.The opinion of others do not matter what matters is your determination and belief in yourself.
His view would not change the view of some women who are interested in such careers or positions.He should stop the gender stereotyping.
do women g equal strength as men?

Engineering and other strength demanding jobs are just for men. Men v more emotional control than women. I m not a misogynist but there is a truth nature ll tell you.

Men can't breastfeed, nature conditioned us that way
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by prince049(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2018
Kobicove:
I do not agree...I personally know some women who got to positions of authority through hard work and merit! undecided
How's their home? You can't have the best of both worlds

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Firgemachar: 8:58am On May 11, 2018
okwabayi:
I didn't read the post because I know the information the man will pass is based on archaic reasoning. The only jobs which place women at a disadvantage are physically demanding jobs, the ones where human muscle is pitted against machine or meant to work in tandem with them.

Jobs today are designed with weakness in mind hence their heavy focus on mental faculties. Women, trained in the same educational institutions as their male counterparts, can work these professions easily and sometimes better than lazy co-workers in the field.

The only things he [Mr. Archaic] might use against the female gender are monthly periods and an eventual pregnancy; two things which pose no problem in developed nations. When I schooled abroad I heard females could order anti-menstrual tablets and injections over the counter. Abstinence and safe sex protocols are a good counter to getting pregnant.

Why should they sacrifice such core and important aspect of their lives just to get top positions What of the sure consequences that will arise

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by okwabayi(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2018
On a second thought this story looks made up. I regret posting a response.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2018
dominique:
Even in this 21st century?

The problem with women of this generation is that they think whatever a man can do they can also do without considering the nuances that are inherent in both sexes.
There are thousand and one reasons to show that there are certain jobs not suitable for women no matter the century we happen to be.
please ma'am don't take this differences of opinion from a male as a personal attack on the female folks but this is just the reality.
we just have to accept it and move on like a team not opponents in humanity.
I rise.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by okwabayi(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2018
Firgemachar:

Why should they sacrifice such core and important aspect of their lives just to get top positions What of the sure consequences that will arise
First world countries are where they are today because human beings took risks. Somebody who believes they can make a difference in life will go to any length to prove it. Hundreds of thousands of women taking risks against nature mean nothing compared to the billions ready to sit down, birth children and contribute to the global population.

5 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 9:06am On May 11, 2018
sanpipita:

This is not about feminism.

Yeah right. Thinly velied feminist thread is still a feminist thread.

Imagine if people say you can't get top job or work in companies cos you are a man? sometimes we men get myopic and don't realize these opinions will affect us, how about when you have a very brilliant daughter and she's told all these cos she's a woman? if a woman is capable for top jobs let her have it, it should be about competence first not gender.

If I had a daughter, I would raise her in the Chrisrain traditional way and make sure she knows her role in society just like God told Eve after they had disobeyed him in the Garden of Eden. Also, in the article, the man made mention of Top Positions such as Operations, wetin woman dey find go that side? There are simply jobs that are not built for women and I did not make it so, society did not make it so, Nature made it so. So if they have a problem with, they can take it up with Nature.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2018
I am not a chauvinist nor a women hater, I just don't see it as right trying to make the woman feel she can compete with a man or for lack of a better word view with a man just to prove we can establish an egalitarian society.
As a matter of fact,women are very different from men from the way they think to the way see things and their biological make up, and the Creator of humans knew this before any sociologist or psychologist was even conceived or thought of.
We are different in so many ways,just like not everybody can be what they want in life because of certain realistic limitations similarly women exhibit these limitation as a whole.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Yinkakatty(f): 9:10am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=Boland post=67462625]He's right.

Men are naturally stonger than women.

This shouldn't be a debate.

Weak and irresponsible men gave rise to this feminism rubbish.

It's all plain and white, women are not designed for some roles just as men are not designed for some.

Let both sexes embrace their uniqueness and play their roles accordingly.

How about if they truly want "Gender equality", lets start with giving women the same treatment we give men in the society and work place, i.e, no leniency, no lthing like "violence against women" (You hit me first, I beat the hell out of you and nothing happens).
I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't want such, it will bend the world out of balance.

Weak and irresponsible men gave rise to this feminism rubbish. I love this statement. Basically explains it all.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by sanpipita(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

Yeah right. Thinly velied feminist thread is still a feminist thread.

If I had a daughter, I would raise her in the Chrisrain traditional way and make sure she knows her role in society just like God told Eve after they had disobeyed him in the Garden of Eden. Also, in the article, the man made mention of Top Positions such as Operations, wetin woman dey find go that side? There are simply jobs that are not built for women and I did not make it so, society did not make it so, Nature made it so. So if they have a problem with, they can take it up with Nature.

Do you think feminists weren't raised in Christian traditional way? you don't realize as people grow they can have different views about things? you guys never give in depth reasons why women cant be top executives, its usually the blah blah nature or Adam or eve boreshit thing, there's even no written rule about a job women can do or not.

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Seankay323: 9:13am On May 11, 2018
True DAT how can wife fly to London today husband goes to Toronto for business Nxt day and u tell me something won't suffer. If I was d child of both parents I would be throwing parties everyday. Women DAT I feel will cope better are ones where the husband chills a bit work wise or has his own business. U won't realise it now until d child gets older in my opinion. Oya women yab me..
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by jasmines(f): 9:14am On May 11, 2018
obonujoker:
Women that value family, need to do less demanding jobs, and I concur...

I don't expect my wife to work like Jackie, and entering my home at 10pm or 11pm because of one stupid work...

Note: Women that value family.....

And when she makes $1m I hope you won't except a share from it cus you value family traditions

Hypocrites everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Firgemachar: 9:18am On May 11, 2018
okwabayi:

First world countries are where they are today because human beings took risks. Somebody who believes they can make a difference in life will go to any length to prove it. Hundreds of thousands of women taking risks against nature mean nothing compared to the billions ready to sit down, birth children and contribute to the global population.

As long as they continue to don the toga of feminism to look down on the billions ready to be or already being what God created them to be, they will continue to mean something - a nuisance.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by jasmines(f): 9:18am On May 11, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:
I am not a chauvinist nor a women hater, I just don't see it as right trying to make the woman feel she can compete with a man or for lack of a better word view with a man just to prove we can establish an egalitarian society.
As a matter of fact,women are very different from men from the way they think to the way see things and their biological make up, and the Creator of humans knew this before any sociologist or psychologist was even conceived or thought of.
We are different in so many ways,just like not everybody can be what they want in life because of certain realistic limitations similarly women exhibit these limitation as a whole.

If woman feels she has what it takes to win a man in a head on challenge, leave her the hell alone!
Slot of the competition these days aren't based on our physique but on our mental capacities which is why women are thriving more.
What about men who are dominating the cooking industries (chefs) we should castrate them right? They will disrupt the balance of nature by being better cooks and it won't be long before they take over cooking in the home front too
Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by jasmines(f): 9:23am On May 11, 2018
Seankay323:
True DAT how can wife fly to London today husband goes to Toronto for business Nxt day and u tell me something won't suffer. If I was d child of both parents I would be throwing parties everyday. Women DAT I feel will cope better are ones where the husband chills a bit work wise or has his own business. U won't realise it now until d child gets older in my opinion. Oya women yab me..

My role model is the wife of a pastor, a pastor herself and the head of 3 companies she founded. She flies for Int'l church programs, leave her husband there and go for meetings. She has 4 kids and homeschooled them all. Her oldest is around 16-19yrs I guess. That girl doesn't talk her size. None of her kids do. They have all been attending board meetings with their mum since 6yrs or so.
Beat that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 9:23am On May 11, 2018
sanpipita:

Do you think feminists weren't raised in Christian traditional way?

Where do i start from..... okay. Most people in life turned out different from how they where raised, for instance, nobody was raised to be a sucide bomber but along the way they discovered this groups of people that are expert in brainwashing and you know the rest. Now feminisn doesn't look harmful from the surface (like I said, the devil is subtle with his brainwashing) but if are "awake", you 'might' be able to see the fututre consequences.

you don't realize as people grow they can have different views about things?
I don't know where you are going with this but yes, people adopt different views overtime but it doesn't make it right. For Instance: I believe hitler was right! Doesn't make it an acceptable ideology.

you guys never give in depth reasons why women cant be top executives, its usually the blah blah nature or Adam or eve boreshit thing, there's even no written rule about a job women can do or not.

You talk about depth but you are a closed minded person who dismissed every point as "boreshit" lol. The irony. You have no depth.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by megareal: 9:27am On May 11, 2018
Rubbish!

It is reasoning like this that makes our young women think that their highest achievement in life is getting married and having babies.

I've risen to the post of General Manager twice in companies I've worked with all under one year of being there.

While pregnant, I worked harder than most and any day I was out for antenatal, the company was in chaos. A woman was created to multi-task, it's just that some husbands want their wive's attention zeroed in on the family. They just don't like the inattention and competition.

Few are out there with supportive men and are making it.

6 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by jasmines(f): 9:28am On May 11, 2018
Seankay323:

Not everyone can do that, it takes alot of determination, willpower and wisdom. But if someone believes she can do it, don't put them down because you don't know what God has fortified them with.

Our ambitions are an insight to our capabilities. God will not give you the apetitie or desire for a feast he has no intention to set for you. That's why he said ask, some will ask for naira while some will ask for pounds and dollars according to what they are. Some animals were created birds but there are birds and there are birds. The eagle and the fowl can never be comfortable doing the same thing. Never!!!
The fowl can fly but only does that when it feels it's in danger, other birds fly for fun but cower when the winds blow strong. The eagle sets sail when the winds are strongest, soars above the winds and glides above.
There are fowls in men and women the same way there are eagles in men and women. You can't tame an eagle you can only try to befriend it. An eagle will never lay eggs for you and eat worm. It'll starve to death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Thesia(f): 9:28am On May 11, 2018
The man should f*ck off.
Maybe go and advice ur stupid wife, where she belong, not all women are the same...
U are not a sexist then what are u...
Misogynist bastard...
Riot in hell with ur stupid advice... angry

4 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Seankay323: 9:32am On May 11, 2018
jasmines:

My role model is the wife of a pastor, a pastor herself and the head of 3 companies she founded. She flies for Int'l church programs, leave her husband there and go for meetings. She has 4 kids and homeschooled them all. Her oldest is around 16-19yrs I guess. That girl doesn't talk her size. None of her kids do. They have all been attending board meetings with their mum since 6yrs or so.
Beat that
Ok dey both have flexible jobs , DAT would work I my own view. Now we all know owning ur own business is more flexible than trying to be the CEo of chevron. All d businesses he advised a woman to go into can be worth billions in d future.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by jasmines(f): 9:34am On May 11, 2018
Seankay323:

Ok dey both have flexible jobs , DAT would work I my own view. Now we all know owning ur own business is more flexible than trying to be the CEo of chevron. All d businesses he advised a woman to go into can be worth billions in d future.

Not every woman was born to teach. Some were born to overthrow the CEO of chevron.

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Thesia(f): 9:42am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=prince049 post=67463319]
How's their home? You can't have the best of both worlds[/quote
Yeah their home is good, the woman makes millions and the dullard sit at home doing nothing...

What I know is that no man born of a woman, will ever discriminate me cus of my gender, honestly the man that advice this rubbish is f*cked up, go to developed world, a woman is the head of an entire army of 20 millions men, and what are the men doing nothing, so in this century I don't believe any man will tell me what I will do and I want I should not with my self.....

Bullshit bunch of succotash...... undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Thesia(f): 9:43am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=prince049 post=67463319]
How's their home? You can't have the best of both worlds[/quote
Yeah their home is good, the woman makes millions and the dullard husband sit at home doing nothing...

What I know is that no man born of a woman, will ever discriminate me cus of my gender, honestly the man that advice this rubbish, is f*cked up, go to developed world, a woman is the head of an entire army of 20 millions men, and what are the men doing nothing, so in this century I don't believe any man will tell me what I will do and I want I should not with my self.....

Bullshit bunch of succotash...... undecided angry
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by aliciaboris: 9:50am On May 11, 2018
I may not completely agree with what the writer said but the truth is that some careers are more demanding for women than men and for a woman to succeed in it she will have to make great sacrifices on the home front sometimes especially if she doesn't have a supportive husband. However, this does not mean that women are less intelligent than men. In fact, wise men have realized that women are extremely intelligent and are often careful around them.

Look at women like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. She's a trailblazer in her field yet she has a home. Wouldn't you like to have a mother or sister like her? Please let's stop discouraging women from aspiring to succeed in career and business.

http://www.femmetotale.com.ng/my-take-on-chimamanda-vs-hilary-clinton-feminist-debate/

aribisala0:
I think the way of delivering a message makes it unpalatable.

The reality like he said is woman are at a disadvantage compared to men when it comes to "having it all" i.e family and career.

Some people do no employ women of child bearing age .This is a bitter truth

Women can get to th top of their careers AND also have family but this is very rare indeed.
Increasingly we see kids who have been raised by housegirls with little connection emotionally to their high flying mothers so there is a price to pay but with discipline ,planning and a supportive spouse the sky is the limit. The problem is whether such supportive spouses do exist commonly

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by sanpipita(m): 9:52am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

Where do i start from..... okay. Most people in life turned out different from how they where raised, for instance, nobody was raised to be a sucide bomber but along the way they discovered this groups of people that are expert in brainwashing and you know the rest. Now feminisn doesn't look harmful from the surface (like I said, the devil is subtle with his brainwashing) but if are "awake", you 'might' be able to see the fututre consequences.

I don't know where you are going with this but yes, people adopt different views overtime but it doesn't make it right. For Instance: I believe hitler was right! Doesn't make it an acceptable ideology.

You talk about depth but you are a closed minded person who dismissed every point as "boreshit" lol. The irony. You have no depth.

Does anyone need feminism to realize gender isn't competence, any human can have a top job once he or she merits it, this is just common sense nothing to do with feminism, don't be too paranoid that you gona tag everything feminism

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Randy100: 9:58am On May 11, 2018
Women don't have the strong mentality to withstand criticism like men in place of work. Look at when Mourinho criticised chelsea doctors. Eva caneiro was playing the female victim card while the other male doctor was calm.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by obonujoker(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2018
Thesia:
The man should f*ck off.
Maybe go and advice ur stupid wife, where she belong, not all women are the same...
U are not a sexist then what are u...
Misogynist bastard...
Riot in hell with ur stupid advice... angry

You are not wiser than God my dear....

You will still be under the control of your husband, coz if you can't, how can you respect God??
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 10:10am On May 11, 2018
sanpipita:

Does anyone need feminism to realize gender isn't competence, any human can have a top job once he or she merits it, this is just common sense nothing to do with feminism, don't be too paranoid that you gona tag everything feminism

-Can't come up with a counter argument
-Calls the other person paranoid

It's good to know how you win your argument is by calling people names.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Kidskywalker: 10:28am On May 11, 2018
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by freakyamanda(f): 10:31am On May 11, 2018
For those thinking the story is fake, please listen to the audio here:
http://www.todaysecho.com/top-positions-demanding-jobs-not-for-women-man-lectures-female-colleagues/
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by sanpipita(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

-Can't come up with a counter argument
-Calls the other person paranoid

It's good to know how you win your argument is by calling people names.

Lol paranoid isn't name calling, you called me close minded you didn't see me react, don't try sounding like a weak minded person, I made my points clear, its absurd to say women cant take top jobs cos there are women, you are literally using gender to demerit people and create mediocrity in your society

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? / State Government Work Or Bank Job / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.