Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,826 members, 7,806,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues (12333 Views)

Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Thesia(f): 10:36am On May 11, 2018
obonujoker:

You are not wiser than God my dear....

You will still be under the control of your husband, coz if you can't, how can you respect God??
All I know is that no man will ever tell me what I should be or not, and no man be it my husband will ever control me.....
Can't people wake up from their day dreaming and see the world is changing and we are not in 14 century/ 18th century where women are discriminated.....

Like I said no man will ever change the way I want my life to go, the man is stupid, and and I f*cking disagree with him....

Maybe he should go and advice that to his wife, daughters and sisters...
That all

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:37am On May 11, 2018
Dindondin:
do women g equal strength as men?

Engineering and other strength demanding jobs are just for men. Men v more emotional control than women. I m not a misogynist but there is a truth nature ll tell you.

Men can't breastfeed, nature conditioned us that way
Everyone claims to know the truth so your point is not new there are exception of women that are well capable to excel in such fields you do not know all the women in the world.
Anywoman that can handle such should do such and don't try to bring nature into an argument next time.

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:42am On May 11, 2018
Rubbiish:

He got valid points & this has nothing to do with gender stereotyping. Women don't just fit into certain positions no matter how hard they try, it is better they go into areas where they can excel...
Stop quoting me up and down it is becoming annoying.
How many women on earth do you know there would always be an exception for those women.
And yes you just stereotyped and generalized they would always excel in whatever field they are determined to go into.
You have no right to tell an individual what is good for them and how they can excel or not now take your primitive and myopic thinking out of my mentions.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2018
Thesia:

All I know is that no man will ever tell me what I should be or not, and no man be it my husband will ever control me.....
Can't people wake up from their day dreaming and see the world is changing and we are not in 14 century/ 18th century where women are discriminated.....

Like I said no man will ever change the way I want my life to go, the man is stupid, and and I f*cking disagree with him....

That all
This is a proof that baby mamas and sugar mummies will keep increasing until women go get sense then 7 women go beg one man to answer his name. It is written.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:43am On May 11, 2018
Seankay323:

Ok dey both have flexible jobs , DAT would work I my own view. Now we all know owning ur own business is more flexible than trying to be the CEo of chevron. All d businesses he advised a woman to go into can be worth billions in d future.

Not everyone is designed or cut out to become an entrepreneur..

I want to believe the creator didn’t create women to just hang in their ..

It’s pretty the same as a none black person side lining you because you’re black,your I.Q is not good a enough for executive jobs hence you should stick to running or sports
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by aribisala0(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2018
aliciaboris:
I may not completely agree with what the writer said but the truth is that some careers are more demanding for women than men and for a woman to succeed in it she will have to make great sacrifices on the home front sometimes especially if she doesn't have a supportive husband. However, this does not mean that women are less intelligent than men. In fact, wise men have realized that women are extremely intelligent and are often careful around them.

Look at women like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. She's a trailblazer in her field yet she has a home. Wouldn't you like to have a mother or sister like her? Please let's stop discouraging women from aspiring to succeed in career and business.

http://www.femmetotale.com.ng/my-take-on-chimamanda-vs-hilary-clinton-feminist-debate/

Did I discourage women from aspiring to succeed in their career or business? When where how? I do not believe I did that.

No,personally, I would not like to have a mother or sister like Ngozi Okondu-Iweala. My mother and sisters are good enough for me
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by obonujoker(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2018
Thesia:

That all

When the time comes, nobody go tell you to get a paradigm shift....

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:45am On May 11, 2018
Thesia:

That all
God bless you,
We have some primitive,myopic,chauvinistic even misogynistic men on this forum.
May we not marry and give birth to such men with backward thinking like these ones.

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Dindondin(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Everyone claims to know the truth so your point is not new there are exception of women that are well capable to excel in such fields you do not know all the women in the world.
Anywoman that can handle such should do such and don't try to bring nature into an argument next time.
that nature ll always be there till women v the exact biological traits like men. In terms of strength demanding jobs, bring you strongest woman and I present the man.

In terms of home responsibility, what's the % of women that pay higher than men at homes?

Feminist ll not confuse you
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:47am On May 11, 2018
obonujoker:

When the time comes, nobody go tell you to get a paradigm shift....
Speak for yourself it is her life not yours because you do not have women who are not scared to speak their mind and are so ambitious to think big does not mean that other women are like that.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:47am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

Yeah right. Thinly velied feminist thread is still a feminist thread.

If I had a daughter, I would raise her in the Chrisrain traditional way and make sure she knows her role in society just like God told Eve after they had disobeyed him in the Garden of Eden. Also, in the article, the man made mention of Top Positions such as Operations, wetin woman dey find go that side? There are simply jobs that are not built for women and I did not make it so, society did not make it so, Nature made it so. So if they have a problem with, they can take it up with Nature.

In traditional way ? Like she shouldn’t aspire to become an executive or set a better career path goal for herself ?
What’s the traditional way if I may ask ?

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:49am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Speak for yourself it is her life not yours because you do not have women who are not scared to speak their mind and are so ambitious to think big does not mean that other women are like that.

I’m just here reading these comments and trying to understand what or where exactly did humanity go wrong ...
like why will any reasonable human felt the need to restrict a specific gender ..

Hmm
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 10:50am On May 11, 2018
sanpipita:

Lol paranoid isn't name calling, you called me close minded you didn't see me react, don't try sounding like a weak minded person, I made my points clear, its absurd to say women cant take top jobs cos there are women, you are literally using gender to demerit people and create mediocrity in your society

For every woman that qualifies for a top job, there are 10 qualified men who are also qualified academically and biologically, emphasis on biologically.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:51am On May 11, 2018
Dindondin:
that nature ll always be there till women v the exact biological traits like men. In terms of strength demanding jobs, bring you strongest woman and I present the man.

In terms of home responsibility, what's the % of women that pay higher than men at homes?

Feminist ll not confuse you
Now did you carry out a statistics for yo to know that we do not have women in this country who earn more than their men.Save yourself the banter women are in these jobs feeding their families and are not bragging about this.
I won't deny having the feminist ideology but know that not every woman who decides to challenge some societal beliefs like the nature argument you brought there are feminist.
Hippolyta is not confused.
Nature ke.

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

I’m just here reading these comments and trying to understand what or where exactly did humanity go wrong ...
like why will any reasonable human felt the need to restrict a specific gender ..

Hmm
I don't know ooo.
Ask some NL men who believe it is good to dictate to a woman or even a human being what they feel would work and be good for them.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2018
When men do certain jobs they naturally play their role of paying bills in the home without making noise about it. With women its a different story. Very soon men go vex chill for house cook and ask their wives to work and provides.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by aribisala0(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

For every woman that qualifies for a top job, there are 10 qualified men who are also qualified academically and biologically, emphasis on biologically.
What is biological qualification
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 10:53am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

In traditional way ? Like she shouldn’t aspire to become an executive or set a better career path goal for herself ?
What’s the traditional way if I may ask ?

I"m not going to deny her education or even choose a career path for her but I'll do my best to make sure she doesn't end up like today's "empowered women" who don't know how to raise a child and take care of her home
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 10:56am On May 11, 2018
aribisala0:
What is biological qualification

Men don't get pregnant (and whatver comes after delivery) on top jobs that require you to sacrifice a good amount of your time.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2018
jasmines:

If woman feels she has what it takes to win a man in a head on challenge, leave her the hell alone!
Slot of the competition these days aren't based on our physique but on our mental capacities which is why women are thriving more.
What about men who are dominating the cooking industries (chefs) we should castrate them right? They will disrupt the balance of nature by being better cooks and it won't be long before they take over cooking in the home front too
Nonsense

still not getting it.
Even if we were to allow women do all they want they will still end up complaining of being either over burdening them or still complain about their work schedule.
Since you so much crave for his choice then let's start with giving birth to babies and let them grow on their own to make choices.
I for one will NEVER subscribe to the rule that grants women total freedom to work as they please.
because you(women) do not even understand yourselves to start with,how much more controlling a men or being leaders.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Hmm
What you call restriction is necessary for family and society to work. When both genders roam free who will take care of the home front? Have you ever heard about division of labor and natural specialization? God made women to be helpmate to man . So the man decides to the woman which area he needs the help.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:57am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

I"m not going to deny her education or even choose a career path for her but I'll do my best to make sure she doesn't end up like today's "empowered women" who don't know how to raise a child and take care of her home

So it’s solely a woman’s duty to care for the kid(s)

How many women have you met in your entire life (up to 1 Million? )
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Herrmes: 10:59am On May 11, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

Does the 21st century allow men to breastfeed? No! So yes, even in the 21st century.

Please women, don't listen to chinamada or whatever the name is, women already destroyed the world once through Eve, don't let it happen again, through feminism - it's a devilish contruct, seems innocent and tame at first, but there's one thing i've learnt from the devil it's that he is one subtle motherf**ker.
There was no eve.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:01am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
What you call restriction is necessary for family and society to work. When both genders roam free who will take care of the home front? Have you ever heard about division of labor and natural specialization?

I still don’t think we have the right to speak for each and every family ..

A woman should be able to attain whatever path she choose for herself and not society ..

It’s none of our business how she decide to keep her family together..

I bet you didn’t know that most of the things you’re using or going around with were invented by women (even the internet )

Live and let live .

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:04am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
What you call restriction is necessary for family and society to work. When both genders roam free who will take care of the home front? Have you ever heard about division of labor and natural specialization? God made women to be helpmate to man . So the man decides to the woman which area he needs the help.

Help mate ..yup ...a woman is a human first, the creator gave women mind of their own .just so you know

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Thesia(f): 11:06am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
This is a proof that baby mamas and sugar mummies will keep increasing until women go get sense then 7 women go beg one man to answer his name. It is written.
Where is it written, maybe in ur bible or in ur sister's dictionary....

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by aribisala0(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2018
Dindondin:
do women g equal strength as men?

Engineering and other strength demanding jobs are just for men. Men v more emotional control than women. I m not a misogynist but there is a truth nature ll tell you.

Men can't breastfeed, nature conditioned us that way

People are as strong as they need to be.

Many women, in some places into their 60s, do a full day's graft on a farm ride a bicycle several miles and fetch water on their heads. Some women are tough.. They have to be to survive.. Many male urban slickers I know cannot do one hour

Men more emotional control? Is this cutural or biological, is it ubiquitous internationally?
When we use the word "emotional" what does that mean? we are all emotional beings .Men fight on the street daily in my city,people die. If that is not emotional what is? I think what is being argued is is not emotionality per se but which type of emotion is approved or disapproved and who is the "approver"

Don't quite get the infant nourishment metaaphor

I am not a feminist but those who take them on must raise their game and come up with smarter arguments and eschew gratuitous reference to biology. Most jobs at the top which is what concerns us here are what physically would be classified as sedentary from a calorific perspective.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Help mate ..yup ...a woman is a human first, the creator gave women mind of their own .just so you know
That same God made them to be yes HELPMATE (that word devil is shifting women's head from so they can end as baby mamas and sugar mummies).
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:10am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

That same God made them to be, yes-HELPMATE (that word devil is shifting women's brain from so they can end as baby mamas and sugar mummies).
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:11am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
That same God made them to be yes HELPMATE (that word devil is shifting women's head from so they can end as baby mamas and sugar mummies).

Erm baby mama and sugar mummies ?
Are these women sleeping with themselves or breezy ?

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2018
Kobicove:
I do not agree...I personally know some women who got to positions of authority through hard work and merit! undecided
Good that you admittedly wrote "some" women not all women.
And even at that these same women can never do what a men do no matter how hard we try to make them feel like super humans. There aren't just it.
Their biological,psychological and physiological make up are way way different from that of the men .

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:13am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Erm baby mama and sugar mummies ?
Are these women sleeping with themselves or breezy ?
Of course then they become humble or pay the bills of men. End point ....HELPMATE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? / Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.