Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues (12335 Views)

Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Rubbiish(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Stop quoting me up and down it is becoming annoying.
How many women on earth do you know there would always be an exception for those women.
And yes you just stereotyped and generalized they would always excel in whatever field they are determined to go into.
You have no right to tell an individual what is good for them and how they can excel or not now take your primitive and myopic thinking out of my mentions.
Same old talk...bla bla bla....devoid of facts...
Not until i see more women doing certain jobs more than men, then u women can't fit into certain positions...
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2018
Thesia:

Where is it written, maybe in ur bible or in ur sister's dictionary....
So you never read reach that side for your Bible? 7 women will beg to answer a mans name. How do you think it will happen? Answer: Feminism!
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:17am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
What you call restriction is necessary for family and society to work. When both genders roam free who will take care of the home front? Have you ever heard about division of labor and natural specialization? God made women to be helpmate to man . So the man decides to the woman which area he needs the help.
With your post like this please don't try to come close to my mentions next time.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:18am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
Of course then they become humble or pay the bills of men. End point ....HELPMATE.

As said a woman has the right to choose or attain whatever she wants career,family ,religion etc . Without any restrictions..
She’s her own person first and that’s it ..

Good luck .

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:22am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
So you never read reach that side for your Bible? 7 women will beg to answer a mans name. How do you think it will happen? Answer: Feminism!

Lies .. wake up and smell the coffee
There are more men than women in the world...
lol I’ll advice you leave the “bible “ out of this

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:22am On May 11, 2018
Rubbiish:

Same old talk...bla bla bla....devoid of facts...
Not until i see more women doing certain jobs more than men, then u women can't fit into certain positions...
Who cares if you see any woman excelling in those fields or not.
Your opinion remains your opinion and the women who are fit for such positions would excel gender can never define competence,capacity and merit.
So sit down and be looking while women continue to break barriers in the so called men's job,nobody needs your approval.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

As said a woman has the right to choose or attain whatever she wants career,family ,religion etc . Without any restrictions..
She’s her own person first and that’s it ..

Good luck .
Fine. Then the woman should be ready to remain under her roof and maybe be the one to bring a man under her roof and pay bills as a sugar mummy or like whites who you want to emulate in feminism do. Thats all am saying. I cant bring you under my roof to pursue whatever who will help me in my own pursuit in the home front then?
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:25am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Lies .. wake up and smell the coffee
There are more men than women in the world...
lol I’ll advice you leave the “bible “ out of this
The number of men is not the point. Most of those men will rather visit the nearest brothel regularly than be with an unloyal wife.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:27am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
Fine. Then the woman should be ready to remain in her roof and maybe have the one to bring a man under her roof and pay bills as a sugar mummy. Thats all am saying. I cant bring you under my roof to pursue whatever who will help me in my own pursuit in the home front then?

“Hence her own person”

If she felt the need to sit and earn of you ..good for her and if she decide to earn more than you. It’s her choice

I don’t understand why you keep coming off with this sugar “mommy thingy “ like it’s a crime ?

Like fam , she decide what she wants
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
With your post like this please don't try to come close to my mentions next time.
See my friend from before. I didnt quote or insult you na. Wetin i do again by saying the simple truth for my lovely sisters to learn from?
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2018
okwabayi:

First world countries are where they are today because human beings took risks. Somebody who believes they can make a difference in life will go to any length to prove it. Hundreds of thousands of women taking risks against nature mean nothing compared to the billions ready to sit down, birth children and contribute to the global population.

I "guess" you have a mother.
Why don't you try to experiment it within your family to see if what your father alone did in running here and there trying to make ends to fend for you and your siblings if you have any(if you were not raised by your mom) alone and substitute it with that of your mother.
You people should stop this feminism you are hiding under to propagate this rubbish you call equal rights because of you laziness.
And again using the Western nations as a standard shows how some of you thoroughly lack simple basic knowledge of differences in sexes are.
If you don't know some of these women are already complaining that there are played by these men who want them to work and share their responsibilities.
You can't be be the gatekeeper and king at the same time.
It does not make any sense.
You will simply end in destruction.
whether you are a theist or an atheist you can't simply change what predates all intellectual analysis.
You can't change the natural order you will only end up being hurt.

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:29am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
The number of men is not the point. Most of those men will rather visit the nearest brothel regularly than be with an unloyal wife.

The point is there are more men than women ..

It doesn’t matter if they decide to go to brothel or not (they’re definitely sleeping with other women there ) so your point exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:30am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

“Hence her own person”

If she felt the need to sit and earn of you ..good for her and if she decide to earn more than you. It’s her choice

I don’t understand why you keep coming off with this sugar “mommy thingy “ like it’s a crime ?

Like fam , she decide what she wants

Who said its a crime? Infact which man wouldn't want to be making free bucks servicing them? I will even agree to do that for you if you will pay well. In that case whatever you decide to pursue is not my business since we are not raising a family. Am only pointing out the destination of the path you eulogize. That it ends in almost thesame place-being a helpmate to a man.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Dindondin(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Now did you carry out a statistics for yo to know that we do not have women in this country who earn more than their men.Save yourself the banter women are in these jobs feeding their families and are not bragging about this.
I won't deny having the feminist ideology but know that not every woman who decides to challenge some societal beliefs like the nature argument you brought there are feminist.
Hippolyta is not confused.
Nature ke.
OK. Any lady can aspire for any job. I ll not dispute that.
As for family responsibilities, how many ladies can deliberately tell their husbands to share home responsibilities and finances at 50-50%?

Feminists ll not encourage you ladies to do this.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:32am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
Its not a crime. Infact which man wouldn't want to be making free bucks servicing them. Am only pointing out tge destination of the path you eulogize. That it ends in almost thesame place-being a helpmate to a man.

She is her own person and has a right to chose to attain a certain height or not . You or society shouldn’t dictate what she wants or needs to her ..

It’s simple as that ..

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Good that you admittedly wrote "some" women not all women.
And even at that these same women can never do what men do no matter how hard we try to make them feel like super humans. They aren't just it.
Their biological,psychological and physiological make up are way way different from that of the men .
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:34am On May 11, 2018
Dindondin:
As for family responsibilities, how many ladies can deliberately tell their husbands to share home responsibilities and finances at 50-50%?

How many families have you looked into their finance ?
There are “ over 7 billion people on earth .how many percentage have you met with to ascertain your comment ? Just asking
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:35am On May 11, 2018
Dindondin:

Let me speak for myself I can,My mom and some of my female relatives do it and even contribute more as breadwinners.
And I am sure there are women out there who can do it,not all woman are gold diggers dependant beings or liabilities.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

She is her own person and has a right to chose to attain a certain height or not . You or society shouldn’t dictate what she wants or needs to her ..

It’s simple as that ..
Fine then my relationship with her starts and ends in either paying her for sex as olosho if i fancy her or she paying me for sex as sugar mummy if she fancies me. Me sef i dont like controlling anyone o. Its a completely different ball game if we are raising a family and i undertake to take full responsibilities.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:39am On May 11, 2018
Well people have be changing or challenging the so called natural order of things and I don't think anyone has been hurt.
Except if you are looking at things from a religious angle as they always do.
IbnAbdullah1:

Why don't you try to experiment it within your family to see if what your father alone did in running here and there trying to make ends to fend for you and your siblings if you have any(if you were not raised by your mom) alone and substitute it with that of your mother.
You people should stop this feminism you are hiding under to propagate this rubbish you call equal rights because of you laziness.
And again using the Western nations as a standard shows how some of you thoroughly lack simple basic knowledge of differences in sexes are.
If you don't know some of these women are already complaining that there are played by these men who want them to work and share their responsibilities.
whether you are a theist or an atheist you can't simply change what predates all intellectual analysis.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

The point is there are more men than women ..

It doesn’t matter if they decide to go to brothel or not (they’re definitely sleeping with other women there ) so your point exactly ?

The point is those many number of men wont allow any woman not loyal to them answer their name. They rather be free too from responsible and only pay as you go or get paid by the females for sex. Even many married men. Infact around after the second child birth when the grip down there is no longer as tight , many men lose interest in their wives and if not for her loyalty or contributions or what society will say, they will bolt to a younger tighter psy. Thats why there is alot of family break ups after second child birth (check well). Dont tell anybody i told you o.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:52am On May 11, 2018
princfred:
The point is those many number of men wont allow any woman not loyal to them answer their name. They rather be free too from responsible and only pay as you go or get paid by the females for sex. Even many married men. Infact around after the second child birth when the grip down there no longer as tight , many men lose interest in their wives if not for her loyalty or contributions or what society will say they will bolt. Thats why there is alot of family break ups after second child birth(check well). Dont tell anybody i told you o.

Wait wait ? A woman attaining her career goal etc is not loyal ?

Oh Flip I’ve forgotten I’m on a Nigerian page lol
I can’t imshine what some Nigerian women have to pull through (thank goodness I’m not Nigerian lol )
At this point I’ll most likely moon walk out of this post .. it’s a waste.
Cheers
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Nobody: 11:56am On May 11, 2018
Gerrard59:
He did not make any sense.

However, my problem is with certain females who believe in gender "pay gap" when they are in less lucrative jobs and want firms to pay them same amount as others (who majority of the time happen to be men). Even when these others have put in more working hours, higher qualification and years of experience. But never fight for same "gender pay gap" in sectors like nursing, truck-driving, plumbing etc

Additionally, where these set of men (like the poster) will be wrong is when they exhibit hypocrisy by asking their wives to contribute to the household and to be working so as not to be classified as a liability. You do not discourage her from being engineer on the rig, yet complain that she does not bring enough money to the table.

If you must choose a path, stay on it. Don't change the goal post in the middle of the game.
women are put under undue pressure, just look at this!! later women will be told to struggle in their careers so they don't become "liabilities" now someone is saying they should forget their career goals and embrace the concept of "family"
one of the worst places to be a woman is in Nigeria. You want her to be hard working, yet not too hardworking, smart but not really smart, career oriented but not much... like where do we draw the line? na wa oo! I think every ambitious Nigerian woman, who has a purpose for her life, that dosnt conform to the "Nigerian norm" should save money and leave this country...

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Daeylar(f): 11:59am On May 11, 2018
I don't even know why this should be a topic that the mods feel should see FP. Why someone should open his mouth to say this kind of BS And why some people even feel that what this idiot said is up for debate.

Why do people love telling women what they can or cannot or should or should not do?

The gall of some idiots masquerading as male human beings.

I'm just tired of the misogyny in this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Wait wait ? A woman attaining her career goal etc is not loyal ?

Oh Flip I’ve forgotten I’m on a Nigerian page lol
I can’t imshine what some Nigerian women have to pull through (thank goodness I’m not Nigerian lol )
At this point I’ll most likely moon walk out of this post .. it’s a waste.
Cheers
What ever carear goal must not come at the expense of the home front for which I married her. Otherwise I will sit at home and she pays the bills without complaining like whites ladies do and I would have done.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 12:03pm On May 11, 2018
princfred:
What ever carear must not come at the expense of the home

Let her decide that .. it’s simple

She knows what she wants and how to work around it .. easy peasy ..
I’m done .
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Surrey2Bimshire: 12:04pm On May 11, 2018
Daeylar:
I don't even know why this should be a topic that the mods feel should see FP. Why someone should open his mouth to say this kind of BS And why some people even feel that what this idiot said is up for debate.

Why do people love telling women what they can or cannot or should or should not do?

The gall of some idiots masquerading as male human beings.

I'm just tired of the misogyny in this forum.

It’s so annoying !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by okwabayi(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

A sentimental response lacking a logical rebuttal to the content of the quoted post. I jump and pass.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by princfred(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Let her decide that .. it’s simple

She knows what she wants and how to work around it .. easy peasy ..
I’m done .
Freedom brings responsibilities.
Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by longyemi(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2018
okwabayi:
I didn't read the post because I know the information the man will pass is based on archaic reasoning. The only jobs which place women at a disadvantage are physically demanding jobs, the ones where human muscle is pitted against machine or meant to work in tandem with them.

Jobs today are designed with weakness in mind hence their heavy focus on mental faculties. Women, trained in the same educational institutions as their male counterparts, can work these professions easily and sometimes better than lazy co-workers in the field.

The only things he [Mr. Archaic] might use against the female gender are monthly periods and an eventual pregnancy; two things which pose no problem in developed nations. When I schooled abroad I heard females could order anti-menstrual tablets and injections over the counter. Abstinence and safe sex protocols are a good counter to getting pregnant.

Mrs/Miss non Archaic, and you have forgotten to state how long the female gender will keep using the anti menstrual tablet and injections as well as abstaining from sex when she gets married and they need a child in the Family...

Problem with people who are not Archaic is that they feel everything that is Archaic is Wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by okwabayi(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2018
longyemi:

Mrs/Miss non Archaic, and you have forgotten to state how long the female gender will keep using the anti menstrual tablet and injections as well as abstaining from sex when she gets married and they need a child in the Family...

Problem with people who are not Archaic is that they feel everything that is Archaic is Wrong.
I answered a response similar to this. Keep reading the thread.

1 Like

Re: Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues by Dindondin(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Let me speak for myself I can,My mom and some of my female relatives do it and even contribute more as breadwinners.
And I am sure there are women out there who can do it,not all woman are gold diggers dependant beings or liabilities.
If your family can, a lot of Nigerian women can't. Just looking at the way Nigerian working class women that labour their hubby ll let you know that they don't play with money. I wish this is on for public display.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Government Work Or Bank Job / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? / Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.