Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? (2872 Views)

Avengers Infinity War Memes / Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie / Funke Akindele's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War Cast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by Afobear: 11:51pm On May 12, 2018
laydoh:
like who?
Jean Grey
Deadpool- Yes your favourite sex doll
Sentry
Beyonder (villian)
Silver surfer
Franklin Richards
Hyperion
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by laydoh(m): 12:50am On May 13, 2018
Afobear:
Jean Grey
Deadpool- Yes your favourite sex doll
Sentry
Beyonder (villian)
Silver surfer
Franklin Richards
Hyperion
so all these people get power pass superman?.tell me how these pple can handle thanos.
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by obonujoker(m): 10:40am On May 13, 2018
laydoh:
so all these people get power pass superman?.tell me how these pple can handle thanos.

Lol... no mind the guy... Superman go trash all those characters with quarter of his power...
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by MJBOLT: 11:14am On May 13, 2018
stop displaying your ignorance undecided the only person superman would beat easily is deadpool,the rest will lay waste to him.You have phone,google is your friend

obonujoker:

Lol... no mind the guy... Superman go trash all those characters with quarter of his power...
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by SMUAG(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2018
I love Thanos as a villain/anti-hero in A:IW, but his plan for the universe was stupid and dumb one. Imagine DCEU's villain with such plan lol and how critics and haters will reacts...
Why didn't he snap his fingers to double or triple the resources available in order for it to go round efficiently, rather than killing half the universe population..... Though I still love Thanos!!!!
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by obonujoker(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2018
MJBOLT:
stop displaying your ignorance undecided the only person superman would beat easily is deadpool,the rest will lay waste to him.You have phone,google is your friend

Seems the humane side of Superman makes people commonize him...
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by Afobear: 8:22am On May 14, 2018
obonujoker:

Seems the humane side of Superman makes people commonize him...
Oga ,you know nothing

1 Like

Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by XtephenXL(m): 3:29pm On May 14, 2018
MJBOLT:

hyperion and sentry ain't beating superman bro
Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by MJBOLT: 12:26am On May 15, 2018
Sentry or Hyperion vs Supes is highly debatable but supes is not beating any of them with quarter of his abilities

XtephenXL:
hyperion and sentry ain't beating superman bro

1 Like

Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 15, 2018
#Jfl....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Thanos Really A Villain In "The Avenger : Infinity War"? by Nobody: 12:13am On May 16, 2018
Josh64:
Please forgive my grammar and punctuations, as I am no writer. Just trying to see what other people think.

I saw the movie three days ago and I had to admit, the producers followed on from where they stopped in Thor Ragnarok with the pun in the movie. I watched it like four times, laughing all over again at how funny some of the scenes were that I completely forgot where the storyline was headed. Then last night as I was about to go to bed, it hit me, and I thought, was Thanos really the bad guy? Thanos went to all the worlds and killed half the population; a crazy thing to do but he had a very simple explanation for it. Long time ago in his home planet Titan, the world flourished but they had a problem; it was getting overpopulated and the resources could no longer sustain the entire population. He came up with a simple idea to kill half the population at random, so no one would complain of losing too much but they called him a madman and later, he was proved right as Titan collapsed and perished.

This event gave him a renewed will to preserve life on every other planet no matter the cost and this set him on the part of finding the infinity stones. Now, we could portray Thanos as a cold blooded killer who loved nothing more than power, but we were proved wrong when he sacrificed his daughter Gamora to get the soul stone and even mourned her throughout the movie. Even Gamora herself was surprised he had tears in his eyes for her which showed just how much he loved her, but to save all of life, great sacrifices are needed and he didn't flinch as he threw Gamora off the cliff.

With the power the infinity stones contained, one would think he would use it to rule the entire universe and sit on a gold throne to rule as god like the Asgardians did, but he had a simple will; save the universe, and retire somewhere watching the sun set. Not so bad if you ask me and we have to agree, it was a noble cause. Now some critics would say since he had the infinity stones, he could do whatever he wanted with it like creating new planets and making sure the planets had enough food to sustain populations, but to what end is that? We will just keep multiplying exponentially and resources arithmetically until it could no longer sustain us.

It brings me to my point which is that we can all agree that we are killing the planet through overpopulation, pollution etc. Malthus population theory suggested ways to curb this growth like war, famine, disease and we just have to admit, the white men have it right by allowing abortions and same sex marriages as they are anti-population growth.

Now, if one man had the power to end half of all life at random to save the entire planet, should he be considered a villain? Not to me, and as far as I am concerned, Thanos was the real hero in the movie. He lost a lo trying to achieve something that does not even serve any purpose to him except preserve all life in the entire universe.
I'm with you OP on this. He wasn't a villain, more of an anti-hero.

"Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this... does put a smile on my face."
My quote of the year

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xtreme Studios Skits & Comedy / What Kodi Addons And Configurations Do You Use To Watch TV? / Consat Satelite Is Rebranding To Play Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.