Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) (3748 Views)

Psquare Releases Three New Singles, Ft. American Rappers / Freestyle Battle,nigerian Rappers Vs. American Rappers / 22 Richest American Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by choongtin(f): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2007
i know brtish rappers r not that know like american rappers but still british rappers r way better than most american rappers who agrees,  and hu loves grime music

listen to some of them london tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1idT2iBoTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0rhwy9YSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEkkaVhUVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwE1Sqn0Dnw
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by adagirl(f): 4:11am On Mar 17, 2007
na lie ooooo. American rappers are way better than British rappers.my reason is because about 70% of American rappers are know all over the world on like the british were by 100% of there rappers are not know at all. even self 9ja rappers are better than the British rappers.THE BRITISH RAPPERS STILL NEEDS MORE LESSON ON RAPPING.the American rappers,majority of them are blacks and are born with it.they sing from experience,they are gang stars.they just do there thing perfectly.sorry my British brother Na no day 4 list at all.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by Free(f): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2007
hmmmm undecided
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by choongtin(f): 12:04am On Mar 18, 2007
say waaaaaaaaaaaaat nah nah the british ones r better than nigerians the reason why american rappers r known it is cuz it is america, america knows how to develop its talent

its all about the britsh rappers, braaaaaaaaap!!
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by iice(f): 7:41am On Mar 18, 2007
i like some British rappers. . .grime aint that bad same as garage. Whatever sounds good to ma ears and soul is what i dig regardless of where they come from. Popularity holds no power over my decision on what to listen or who to like.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by choongtin(f): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2007
skeen
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by sunnykiss(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2009
grin No amke em lafff British ker, better dan Almighty yanks, lafff, dem English sef don Bleep dem up, have u listen to Sway ft Akon, lyrics go tire yous sef,

THey cant even stand naija lyricist, is not that they dont have rappers who are ill but they cant be comared to even the wackest rapper , America, ok

laffff
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by A40(m): 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
Naah not at all only a few of them are worth listening to sef i dig Lethal Bizzle,Sway DaSafo(Their Baba) Lethal Bizzle and of course The Streets and Kano
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by follypimpi(m): 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2009
How come no Manz feeling Giggs.Ghetto is the dumbest rapper in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by fastmoney(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
interesting, but may i point out that der not called rappers here, der called MC's cos of the way in which grime developed, i dont really wanna compare grime MC's and american rappers cos i tink der on a different level, but in terms or bars i can confidently say we got sick bars too, and who is comparing naija hiphop with grime? its also a different level cos in naija hiphop still dont have a unique identity, Grime has an identity, unique, and interesting, if you dont like grime u probably didnt go college in the uk or u dont leave in the endz, u never sold anything, u never had to run for ur life, grime is deep, its a product of our environment.

1 Like

Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by lalaboi(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
i was wondering whne fast money will say something lol. . . .grime pioneer on nairaland lol, . . . .

grime is crap jor. . . . . tongue
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by tboy1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
Yep i definitely prefer Kano to most of dem wack US Rappers
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by ofokasibe: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
has anyone heard kano-feel free? if u havent go and listen thats one hell of a Grime song,

@TOPIC
WHAT IS UR BEST GRIME SONG OF ALL TIME??
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by tboy1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
ofokasibe:

@TOPIC
WHAT IS UR BEST GRIME SONG OF ALL TIME??

Go listen to Kano's  'Dont come around here' from his 140 grime street album - Track 10
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by tboy1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
But my best has to be Kano's  'Fightin' the Nation' from his London town album - Track 5
and the message in the song is WOW

You can listen to the song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdtbVDDL010
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by ofokasibe: 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
@tboy thanks men .
can u suggest more tight grime songs pls . i dont wanna start off listening to the wack grime songs cuzz i might lose interest , pls recommend more tight songs . grime rap is really hot. i cant belief i havent heard all this london rap songs in my lifetime . tboy recommend more pls! i mean the best ever grime songs. i am waiting

and where is A40 chamotex lalaboi and chiogo?
i need yall to tell me which grime rap songs to download. grime is gettin really sweet!. i luv kano-feel free!
more suggestions pleaseeeeee
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by chamotex(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
Did someone mention Giggs? - common that dude is wack man. He raps like he's hungry. Talking da hardest ko, talking the loudest ni. CRAP!

Tha real ish are Kano, Dizzee, D Double, Black Twang and some other catz that y'all might not know - most of em are UNDERGROUND rappers anyway . . . .
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by Sauron1: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
chamotex:

Did someone mention Giggs? - common that dude is wack man. He raps like he's hungry. Talking da hardest ko, talking the loudest ni. CRAP!

Tha real ish are Kano, Dizzee, D Double, Black Twang and some other catz that y'all might not know - most of em are UNDERGROUND rappers anyway . . . .

Chamotex, i will love-vendor-slap you.
How can u say Giggs is wack?? He is the best rapper in the UK!!!!!
Did u see the last BET awards. Did u see Da Cypha including Jadakiss, Giggs and other Tottenham cats??

Abeg, GIGGS is the future. He makes Kano and Dizzee Rascal look like poofs.
I can rap better than Dizzee. . . . . . .He is super-wack.
U should get Gigg's mixtapes and see raw hunger in his lyrics.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by chamotex(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chamotex, i will love-vendor-slap you.
How can u say Giggs is wack?? He is the best rapper in the UK!!!!!
Did u see the last BET awards. Did u see Da Cypha including Jadakiss, Giggs and other Tottenham cats??

Abeg, GIGGS is the future. He makes Kano and Dizzee Rascal look like poofs.
I can rap better than Dizzee. . . . . . .He is super-wack.
U should get Gigg's mixtapes and see raw hunger in his lyrics.

Nah mate?? Giggs?? Sauron, you need Tesco Value cotton buds for you ears. grin grin grin grin Most of his tracks are nice all cos of the beats. I'll admit his beats are sick but rap style/lyrics?? He doesn't cut it for me. Yes he's the guy holding down the scene at the moment but I aint even hating, he's wack man!

The BET cypha? Are you kidding me?? You call that a cypher?? I was ashamed of the British lot, it was embarassing.
You can't compare him with Kano. That Cuban Cohiba is not good for you. grin grin grin
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by A40(m): 2:53am On Apr 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

@tboy thanks men .
can u suggest more tight grime songs pls . i dont wanna start off listening to the wack grime songs cuzz i might lose interest , pls recommend more tight songs . grime rap is really hot. i cant belief i havent heard all this london rap songs in my lifetime . tboy recommend more pls! i mean the best ever grime songs. i am waiting

and where is A40 chamotex lalaboi and chiogo?
i need yall to tell me which grime rap songs to download. grime is gettin really sweet!. i luv kano-feel free!
more suggestions pleaseeeeee
Try some of Lethal Bizzle's old joints like POW!! and Fire you could listen to Sway as well that's definitely my best grime artist his joint with Lemar was dope and he probably makes the most sense compared to them other grime MC's
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by Phillfree(m): 4:57am On Apr 03, 2009
This ti the most f**k'd up topic here, hw can u say that, do knw wht rap is, if u do who raps in british? Wake up man
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by annekix(m): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2009
look this thread is a joke,
grime, ? pleez!!!, the only rapper i respect, hands down is kano, the guy has mad skillz,
and roll deep dey try i liked bad man

but dem british cats aint really gangsters, jus wannabees

i like the tracks , hoddie town, top 3 selected by ghetto (though i still think the guy dey try too hard to form gangster, i dey sure the guy still dey stay wit im mumsy grin,
i kinda feel chipmunk i liked his -who are you- track (d kid has potentials) and i like these guys D Power (Jookie Mundo Fumin TopKat Stutta) - Let It Go, the track was okay but a cheap video and raz looking video girls, and i feel they are another set of ganster wannabees nice tune though.
i feel n dubz but i think they need to change their image, they seem childish

i feel dizee rascal needs to get his ass kicked!

and some of the uk grime videos look so plain and cheap, even our naija rappers and videos are times ten better than grime vidz,

o boy, in short na u sabi, na state of mind,

again i repeat dizee rascal, is a batty-boi poofster who needs to quit taking cheap drugs.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by ofokasibe: 8:17am On Apr 03, 2009
A40, sauron and chamotex and the rest of u guys , am happy that yall came in here. i used to think grime was wack until one nairaland girl recommended kano ''feel free''---it took me just one listen to get interested in grime . so i want yall especially A40, brash and sauron to list out specific grime songs which are worth listening to for a grime beginner ,just give me the name of the artist and the title . i want to download them str8 away . thanks yall.
the name and title should be in this format

kano-feel free
dizzie rascal-mash etc , thanks yall am waiting of ur grime suggestions wink
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by FBS: 9:08am On Apr 03, 2009
american rappers are a million miles better than their british counterparts.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by A40(m): 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

A40, sauron and chamotex and the rest of u guys , am happy that yall came in here. i used to think grime was wack until one nairaland girl recommended kano ''feel free''---it took me just one listen to get interested in grime . so i want yall especially A40, brash and sauron to list out specific grime songs which are worth listening to for a grime beginner ,just give me the name of the artist and the title . i want to download them str8 away . thanks yall.

kano-feel free

Did you see the songs i listed? Pow! and Fire by Lethal Bizzle? or P's and Q's and Lemme hold you by Kano or Saturday Night Hustle by Sway ft Lemar F ur X,Still on my own by Sway again
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by eldee(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
Heard sumone saying Grime emcees are wanna-bes. . .
Come on, these boys are not like Jay-z and 50 that sit sum posh mansion in Hollywood while they growl 'Brooklyn we go hard' on TV.
These blokes are SE boys that have been there and are still there.
Yeah, they might not be top-draw lyrically, but their narratives are honestly first-person perspective.
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by chamotex(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

kano-feel free

Kano - Signs in Life, P's & Q's, Where I'm From matter of fact just download most of Kano's songs

Dizzee - Jezebel, Jus a Rascal, Where Da G's ft Bun B from UGK

Wiley - Gangsters, Wot U Call It

Sway - Up Ur Speed, Fit For A King
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by fastmoney(m): 1:07am On Apr 05, 2009
fist of all must i start by saying GIGGS is not a grime artist, he raps and not MC, ardbodied was just too much of a badman tune that folks ting its grime.

annekix:

look this thread is a joke,
grime, ? pleez!!!, the only rapper i respect, hands down is kano, the guy has mad skillz,
and roll deep dey try i liked bad man

but dem british cats aint really gangsters, jus wannabees

i like the tracks , hoddie town, top 3 selected by ghetto (though i still think the guy dey try too hard to form gangster, i dey sure the guy still dey stay wit im mumsy grin,
i kinda feel chipmunk i liked his -who are you- track (d kid has potentials) and i like these guys D Power (Jookie Mundo Fumin TopKat Stutta) - Let It Go, the track was okay but a cheap video and raz looking video girls, and i feel they are another set of ganster wannabees nice tune though.
i feel n dubz but i think they need to change their image, they seem childish

i feel dizee rascal needs to get his ass kicked!

and some of the uk grime videos look so plain and cheap, even our naija rappers and videos are times ten better than grime vidz,

o boy, in short na u sabi, na state of mind,

again i repeat dizee rascal, is a batty-boi poofster who needs to quit taking cheap drugs.

what do you mean by wanna bez? just cuz u've not been shot or stabbed dun mean other people dont, dont compare them videos cos most of those videos u see on channel u are made of student loan money, i've shot like 5 grime videos and were getting der, the videos look better now.
and ndubs dont do grime either u fagggot. U can type all the shiit u want about dizzee but the truth is that he is 10 times richer than u would ever be, do u knw he leaves in surrey now? he leaves 4 houses away from madonna so u can imagine the cost of that property. u say dizee needs to get his ass kicked but if u saw him on raod tonite u would act a ho and ask for an autograph and a photo with him.
GRIME ALL DAY, GRIME ISNT JUST MUSIC ITS A WAY OF LIFE, FROM THE SHOTTAS TO THE BOYS ON ROAD RUNNING FROM FED WHICH THOWING THERE SET, WE COMMIT CRIME ALL FOR OUR GRIND, it would sound bad if we said that on radio so say GRIME and they wont know, brapppp

and as for u lalaboi u need a new Love Machine,
Re: Grime Music (british Rappers Better Than American Rappers) by fastmoney(m): 1:11am On Apr 05, 2009
and eldee did u say SE? sounth east mandem dont do grime, GRIME is eastern, these days der couple of SICK MC's from SE, after the east i tink its the north, i dun even consider SE boys as G's i've never been to a rave were an MC from SE was in the bill,
and i dont mean hiphop or rap im talking bout GRIME MC

(1) (Reply)

Who Produced Davido - Coolest Kid In Africa? / Download New Music By Kiss Daniel - Yeba (mp3 Download) / Pls Who Remembers This Song "Nnemo Nnemo" I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.