Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Lawless Public Officers Are Threats To Democracy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawless Public Officers Are Threats To Democracy. (403 Views)

Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy / Gbajabiamila’s ‘outburst’ Against Chinda, A Threat To Democracy —PDP / Ex-military Officers Are Coming Together To Deal With Buhari – ACF chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawless Public Officers Are Threats To Democracy. by Victorakats(m): 7:38pm On May 09, 2018
Sometimes I shake my head at the level of recklessness our leaders exhibit to the Constitution of this country.
The military kills innocent protesters but guess who takes the blame? They are innocent protesters.
The president chooses the section of the Constitution to obey and the section to ignore, but guess what? We have people who are ready to defend him and tell us how he's a man of integrity and uprightness.
Painfully, the IG of the police ignores an institution that makes him who he is, and we all come online to defend him or at worst wash down on the institution of the lawmakers.

Do we have any idea how dangerous this is to the future of the country?

Do we take some moment to imagine how lawless, how porous, and how worthless the Constitution is made before our very own eyes?

I will leave you with this.... When the Constitution loses its power to guide her citizens, it means that the masses have no human rights or any institution that may protect her interest.

This is really troubling times in our democracy.
Re: Lawless Public Officers Are Threats To Democracy. by neonly: 7:46pm On May 09, 2018
They will flood dis topic now to defend d IG just watch

(1) (Reply)

The Rise Of Citizens, Revelation Of Heathens— @segalink / Hunger Looms As The Ban On Okada Riders In Awka, Onitsha Begins July 1 / $16bn On Power: I Am Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.