|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,775,017 members, 6,610,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 November 2021 at 01:26 PM
|Vacancy For A RESEARCH ASSISTANT by baum1: 3:49pm On May 10, 2018|
Baum Tenpers - Research and Analytics Unit
RESEARCH ASSISTANT ROLE
Who we are
Baum Tenpers Global Investments Ltd was formed to fill an existing void in allied research that combines academic and professional research activities. We are a team of independent researchers drawn from Africa, Europe and North America. We provide academic mentoring, professional advisory and research. We also provide academic scholarship support through our scholarship scheme – BaumBrains. Our broad services include
What we want
As part of our expansion drive, mostly driven by a recent research project which we are working on, we are looking to add a hardworking and determined individual to our small team. The successful person will work remotely as a research assistant, reporting to the principal research analyst, with a scope to develop into a fully-fledged research analyst and part-take of the associated benefits. This job is suitable for anyone based anywhere in Nigeria or elsewhere
Typical profile of a successful applicant
- Has a master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Quantitative Economics or Mathematical Finance
- Has a good knowledge of Econometrics -- time series, cross section and panel regression and empirical analysis
- Has proven excellent writing skills and can produce a coherent research article at short notice
- Has a good knowledge of econometric packages such as Eviews, Stata, R and other related packages
- Possesses a computer with internet and has access to electricity, either through NEPA or otherwise, during work hours
- Can deliver good quality at all times, on or before deadlines, irrespective of how tight are the deadlines
- Has a solid understanding of how to read published research papers, how to do literature reviews and write introductions of papers
- Has experience gathering economics and finance data
- Has experience writing papers and has written at least one paper as part of a publication, master’s thesis or special issue, etc
Mode of work
Essentially a work-from-home job. The job requires a computer connected to the internet and steady access to electricity during work hours.
The successful candidate will
Collect economic and finance data, summarize data
Conduct research on the internet
Handle requests from analysts
Articulate research ideas in writing, from insights gained from data and directions given by analysts
Compile information from multiple sources
Write real research papers on technical topics in economics and finance from start to finish, with ideas and guidance provided by the senior analyst in charge
For any task completed in a month, there is salary of NGN 40,000 only when assigned tasks are completed at reasonable levels as determined by the assigned supervisor. This income rises to NGN 60,000 after a few months, depending on the volume and quality of work done. There is also a discretionary bonus during months of high loads of work.
Method of application
Send your application to email@example.com. In your application file, include a CV and a recent writing sample (not a cover letter). The writing sample must be coherent, address an issue and should be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of 8 pages. As this is a writing-intensive role, applications without writing samples will unfortunately ‘not’ be considered. Only academic writing samples are preferred, not newspaper articles, etc.
Application Closing Date
Deadline is May 14, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Start date is on or before the end of this May 2018.
This is a technical research role that is directed at people in the stated fields. So please, we ask that you kindly refrain from sending us your CV if your profile is different from what we have stated.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54