Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth (36559 Views)

Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal / FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / Cameroonian Woman Whose Premature Baby Died (Pathetic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by doyinbaby(f): 6:23am On May 11, 2018
Unfortunate incident...... just do a c/s for footling breech ..,...... I think these days doctors should practice more of protective medicine.,...
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Nobody: 6:25am On May 11, 2018
Cowmilk:
Really pathetic
If this can happen in the UK with their advanced medical care,
Nigerian Docs deserve some accolades

Btw NL is the only place pple don't sleep

Lala. .u no dey tire?

you for ask whether the doctor na nigerian...
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Lalas247(f): 6:39am On May 11, 2018
These student doctors tho ..
As premature .. shouldn’t be natural birth .. it’s not strong enough it should have been a C-Section ..

To that dummy saying and he is in the Uk ! What has that got to do with anything ..
Anyone who lives in England knows majority of health care professionals are these Asians ( Indians or Pakistani) go to university they are all there on student visa .. even my General practitioner is bloody Asian !( take note not the Chinese type o those ones just sell food here )
And then go to hospital Check out the nurses a lot of them Naija , Ghana or other African countries
Ordinary blood test the Naija woman nearly took out my whole vein ! You shouldn’t bleed but I did .. even just to remove my implanon it was a Pakistani .. she butchered my arm! angry

So it’s bound to happen ... it’s how it is handle that matter
Problem with Africans you make one grave mistake and you are condemned sometimes a lot of them still learning .
It’s when something goes wrong y’all shout but is Naija better undecided nonsense

1 Like

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Lalas247(f): 6:40am On May 11, 2018
doyinbaby:
Unfortunate incident...... just do a c/s for footling breech ..,...... I think these days doctors should practice more of protective medicine.,...
Some first year ... probably haven’t had a breech preggo case before ...
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by LordsApostle: 6:40am On May 11, 2018
dominique:
Chai! What a tragedy, the worst thing to ever happen to an expectant mother. Which 21st century doctor pulls out a breech premature baby through the vagina? That's 150 shades of stupid. Even more annoying is that the C-section she was avoiding was eventually carried out to remove the severed head. That crazy quack doctor deserves to have her license revoked.
actually, breech presentation can be delivered via vaginal delivery, there are various maneuvers to use that have worked and works, The only red flag here was, it was her first time. For first timers (primi), it isn't adviced as the pelvis hasn't been tested. It is quite surprising, knowing the doctor in the index case is a gynaecologist and should know this; so I'm really surprised reading this.
Perhaps he saw some signs that were portraying hope and chose to try his luck.
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by omonzusi10(f): 6:53am On May 11, 2018
A big loss to the first time mum, so sad.
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by mercyland93(m): 7:17am On May 11, 2018
hmmm, so sad sorry to d woman.
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by bizzibodi(m): 7:19am On May 11, 2018
Even breech baby can b turn on time.
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by ikemesit4477: 7:21am On May 11, 2018
dominique:
Chai! What a tragedy, the worst thing to ever happen to an expectant mother. Which 21st century doctor pulls out a breech premature baby through the vagina? That's 150 shades of stupid. Even more annoying is that the C-section she was avoiding was eventually carried out to remove the severed head. That crazy quack doctor deserves to have her license revoked.
I was thinking white are the best in all ramification!
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by AshCoded(m): 7:48am On May 11, 2018
are u sure he is a doctor or a butcher
cos me I dey wonder oo
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by AshCoded(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2018
cos me I dey wonder oo
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by AshCoded(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2018
cos me I dey wonder oo
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by AshCoded(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2018
was he high on weed
or wat was he finking abt....

I think he was high on something ooo
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Horus(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2018
iamprofralph:
How did he become a doctor for Gods sake?

You call that "thing" a doctor?, he is a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Jaqenhghar: 8:04am On May 11, 2018
Cowmilk:
Really pathetic

Lala. .u no dey tire?
What accolades? It's not a norm there thats why the doctor is facing a panel. Over here they will shrug it off and its business as usual

1 Like

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Jaqenhghar: 8:10am On May 11, 2018
Lalas247:

These student doctors tho ..
As premature .. shouldn’t be natural birth .. it’s not strong enough it should have been a C-Section ..

To that dummy saying and he is in the Uk ! What has that got to do with anything ..
Anyone who lives in England knows majority of health care professionals are these Asians ( Indians or Pakistani) go to university they are all there on student visa .. even my General practitioner is bloody Asian !( take note not the Chinese type o those ones just sell food here )
And then go to hospital Check out the nurses a lot of them Naija , Ghana or other African countries
Ordinary blood test the Naija woman nearly took out my whole vein ! You shouldn’t bleed but I did .. even just to remove my implanon it was a Pakistani .. she butchered my arm! angry

So it’s bound to happen ... it’s how it is handle that matter
Problem with Africans you make one grave mistake and you are condemned sometimes a lot of them still learning .
It’s when something goes wrong y’all shout but is Naija better undecided nonsense
U dey vex sha grin
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Aldebaran(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2018
Unprofessional angry
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by excel101(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2018
One day same accidentally, they'll decapitate our some politicians that always waste our commonwealth for their medical treatment.
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Lalas247(f): 9:45am On May 11, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

U dey vex sha grin
lol no o
morning cheesy
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Lalas247(f): 9:48am On May 11, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

What accolades? It's not a norm there thats why the doctor is facing a panel. Over here they will shrug it off and its business as usual
leave the boy
everyday ppl die in the hands of docs there ...
please ask him which accolades .. my friend had baby there her private region was brutalized! ... sex life now zero .. ended up leaving her hubby too .. but it won't make news why? its normal

2 Likes

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Nobody: 9:58am On May 11, 2018
Cowmilk:
Really pathetic

Lala. .u no dey tire?

This isn't about advanced medical care, it's about incompetent doctor. Big reason why most UK citizens are kicking against bringing in foreign doctors from under developed countries, they know nothing!

1 Like

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Bukunmi95: 10:14am On May 11, 2018
All of you guys castigating this Doctor should kindly read up on Breech delivery ... the indications.. contraindications n all... ts better to be well informed before laying blames!
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Bukunmi95: 10:20am On May 11, 2018
worlexy:
Breech extraction for a first timer with a preterm baby for that matter? The guy must be quack

SMH.... why so much hatred?? calm your bile down..
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by revontuli(f): 10:22am On May 11, 2018
ROSYL:

This isn't about advanced medical care, it's about incompetent doctor. Big reason why most UK citizens are kicking against bringing in foreign doctors from under developed countries, they know nothing!

NHS pays low salary so the doctors born or educated in the UK run away to the countries where they get good pay.

4 Likes

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by revontuli(f): 10:25am On May 11, 2018
Pennywise:

All gynaecologists are consultants. So what is the point in calling someone consultant Gynaecologist?

Qualification and experience are both important especially in unusual cases like this. Unfortunately experience cannot be truly determined by years of practice as qualification does not always guarranttee expertise.

Delivery of a decapitated head via cs giving the poor woman an unnecessary scar further worsened a bad situation. All she had to do was open up the skull via the foramen magnum to let out brain tissue, the skull collapses easily and voila the retained head is expelled in a few minutes. CS was so unnecessary

Chai, she shouldn't have decapitated the baby in the first place!
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by worlexy(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2018
Bukunmi95:

SMH.... why so much hatred?? calm your bile down..
What is hatred in what I've said? And what's in my bile to calm. Current standard obstetrics practice says all primigravida with a breech presentation shouldn't be delivered via the vagina because of risk of arrest of the after coming head and other neonatal complications especially severe perinatal asphyxia which will lead to Cerebral palsy later. With all these possible complications, why would a sane person choose to risk his license and the life of the baby to deliver via the vagina a breech baby.
To now make the matter worse, the baby is also a preterm which even if he had presented cephalic, the best option of delivery is still via CS cos of risk of intraventricular haemorrhage, associated with preterm deliveries.

I hope you understand now

3 Likes

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Jaqenhghar: 11:31am On May 11, 2018
Lalas247:

leave the boy
everyday ppl die in the hands of docs there ...
please ask him which accolades .. my friend had baby there her private region was brutalized! ... sex life now zero .. ended up leaving her hubby too .. but it won't make news why? its normal
Can u imagine. Funny all of thwm have at one point been victims but they wont talk na another man own them go dey criticize. SMH
Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Jaqenhghar: 11:34am On May 11, 2018
Lalas247:

lol no o
morning cheesy
Good Morning smiley
Long time. How have u been

1 Like

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by Prognose: 11:56am On May 11, 2018
Medicine is a terrible career choice.

This doctor was described as a TOP NHS doctor. She had probably performed many amazing feats and saved many lives.

One mistake now and even those who can never smell her level are insulting her and calling her a quack and worse.

That's life for you.

Medical doctors be careful! Practice defensive medicine! Your patients don't give a damn! Why should you?

2 Likes

Re: UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth by worlexy(m): 1:11pm On May 11, 2018
Pennywise:

All gynaecologists are consultants. So what is the point in calling someone consultant Gynaecologist?

Qualification and experience are both important especially in unusual cases like this. Unfortunately experience cannot be truly determined by years of practice as qualification does not always guarranttee expertise.

Delivery of a decapitated head via cs giving the poor woman an unnecessary scar further worsened a bad situation. All she had to do was open up the skull via the foramen magnum to let out brain tissue, the skull collapses easily and voila the retained head is expelled in a few minutes. CS was so unnecessary

Destructive operative isn't that easy especially for a head that will be floating and difficult to stabilize, also modern obstetrics practice now frowns at destructive operation because of the possibile complications like womb
perforation/ruputure, bladder injury, intestinal perforation among others, if the woman had suffered any of those, I'm sure we would have crucified the doctor too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Constipation Fast / Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction / Dog Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Anambra Forest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.