Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 AM

Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting (8792 Views)

See Some Of The Things That Invalidate Fasting / Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting / Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Lukgaf(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2018
Fiqh of Fasting (5)

The Things That Do Not Invalidate Fast

Some things that do not invalidate the fast:

1. It is permissible for the fasting person to take a bath or to seek relief from the heat by pouring water over part or all of his body, irrespective of the time, and that does not affect his fast. al-Bukhari (1926) and Muslim (1109), Abu Dawood (2365), Classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Saheeh Abi Dawud, ‘Awn al-Ma’bud, al-Mughni, 3/18.

2. To use the siwaak at all times, when fasting and when not fasting, at the beginning of the day and at the end. al-Bukhari (887), al-Nasaa’i, 5; classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 5. Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (6/327), Fatawa Arkan al-Islam, p. 468, Al-Fatawa al-Sa’diyyah, 245, Sab’una Mas’alah fi’l-Siyam (Seventy Issues Related to Fasting).

3. Eating and drinking by mistake during the day or while fasting. Al-Bukhari 6669, Muslim 1155, Ibn Khuzaymah 1999, Al-Umm 2/284.

4. Vomiting as a result of sickness or pregnancy that is not deliberate. Abu Dawud 2380, Al-Tirmidhi 720, Saheeh al-Tirmidhi 577, AlMugni 4/368, Al-Furu’ 3/49, Majalis Shahr Ramadan by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen 71

5. Enemas, eye drops, eardrops, tooth extraction and treatment of injuries do not invalidate the fast. Majmu’ Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam, 25/233; 25/245

6. Medical tablets that are placed under the tongue to treat asthma attacks etc., so long as you avoid swallowing any residue.

7. Insertion of anything into the vagina such as pessaries, or a speculum, or the doctor’s fingers for the purpose of medical examination.

8. Insertion of medical instruments or IUD into the womb.

9. Anything that enters the urinary tract of a male or female, such as a catheter tube, or medical scopes, or opaque dyes inserted for the purpose of x-rays, or medicine, or a solution to wash the bladder.

10. Fillings, extractions or cleaning of the teeth, whether with a siwaak or toothbrush, so long as you avoid swallowing anything that reaches the throat.

11. Rinsing the mouth, gargling, sprays etc. so long as you avoid swallowing anything that reaches the throat.

12. Oxygen or anaesthetic gases, so long as that does not give the patient any kind of nourishment.

13. Anything that may enter the body via absorption through the skin, such as creams, poultices, etc.

14. Insertion of a fine tube via the veins for diagnostic imaging or treatment of the veins of the heart or any part of the body.

15. Insertion of a scope through the stomach wall to examine the intestines by means of a surgical operation (laparoscopy).

16. Taking samples from the liver or any other part of the body, so long as that is not accompanied by administration of solutions.

17. Endoscopy, as long as that is not accompanied by administration of solutions or other substances.

18. Introduction of any medical instruments or materials to the brain or spinal column.
Majaalis Ramadaan by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, and the booklet Sab’una Mas’alah fi’l-Siyaam, Islamqa

http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2017/04/19/fiqh-of-fasting-5/

May Allaah grant us understanding

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by fruqy(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2018
Amin

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Larryslim(m): 9:19am On May 11, 2018
Amin

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Nobody: 9:19am On May 11, 2018
I have this question pls :

If I mistakenly eat bread during ramadan, and I am just in the process of drinking water cos the bread has stocked in my throat... and just then I remembered that I am fasting !
Should I go ahead to drink the water or I should leave the masticated bread stock right there in my throat till Iftar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by hapydaddy: 9:22am On May 11, 2018
EvilChild:
Rubbish.
Allah dey mental

Although I am not a Muslim By faith, but let us learn to respect other people religion and belief..
Shalom

24 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by kabawa(m): 9:22am On May 11, 2018
Masha Allah JazakAllahu khairan wink
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Aldebaran(m): 9:22am On May 11, 2018
Nice

8 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by cr7rooney10(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2018
EvilChild:
Rubbish.
Allah dey mental
may Allah heal u because u ar sick

11 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by tayour917i(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2018
hapydaddy:

Although I am not a Muslim By faith, but let us learn to respect other people religion and belief..
Shalom

This is impressive, You depict the true teachings of Christianity

14 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by objobj: 9:42am On May 11, 2018
EvilChild:
Rubbish.
Allah dey mental

Wao! This is serious.
May Allah forgive you and put you on the right path. But personally i feel its extreme for you to go this way.
May God forgive you.

7 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by warlord92: 9:43am On May 11, 2018
abiodunalasa:

If I mistakenly eat bread during ramadan, and I am just in the process of drinking water cos the bread has stocked in my throat... and just then I remembered that I am fasting !
Should I go ahead to drink the water or I should leave the masticated bread stock right there in my throat till Iftar

Try force out the bread, if impossible, force it down. But no water after you remembered

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:50am On May 11, 2018
With regards to using brush to clean the teeth, can one also use it with tooth paste?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by espn(m): 9:55am On May 11, 2018
NICE 1..
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by PrinceGallant: 9:58am On May 11, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Has this happened or you just imagine that if it happens?
My answer to your question is this, what did you do when it happened? Or let us wait till it happened, then we can proffer solution.

Simple thing, just cough the masticated bread out....
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by omokab: 10:00am On May 11, 2018
Just because of two dose of tramadol and one bottle of codein you are now behaving like. May Allah heal you.
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Movicq(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2018
nice
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by hadjipapiey(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2018
ما شاء الله..
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by yazach: 10:46am On May 11, 2018
PrinceGallant:

Has this happened or you just imagine that if it happens?
My answer to your question is this, what did you do when it happened? Or let us wait till it happened, then we can proffer solution.

Simple thing, just cough the masticated bread out....
Are you talking him serious You should have known he is not serious from the emoji he used
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by iamgenius(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
With regards to using brush to clean the teeth, can one also use it with tooth paste?
BismiLlaah, it's permissible to use brush and tooth paste. But be careful not to let it get into your throat, lest you spoil your fast.
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Abdulhakeem78(m): 11:03am On May 11, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

If any toothpaste or saliva changed by it gets swallowed one’s fast is invalidated. It is best to avoid using toothpaste while fasting, unless one can do so without endangering one’s fast. Using toothpaste is sinful, correct? A shaykh taught us that it is makruh tahriman to “use paste or tooth powder to clean one’s teeth.”

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Walaikum assalam,

If a general ruling were to be given, it would be as explained by the shaykh. However, some scholars explain that:

– If one fears anything going down one’s throat, it is prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman);

– If one is sure that nothing will go down, it is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan), unless there is a genuine need or excuse (such as a job appointment!)…

Walaikum assalam

Faraz Rabbani.
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by fapcrook(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2018
hapydaddy:

Shalom
Do not answer him, just see his monicker
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2018
Abdulhakeem78:

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

If any toothpaste or saliva changed by it gets swallowed one’s fast is invalidated. It is best to avoid using toothpaste while fasting, unless one can do so without endangering one’s fast. Using toothpaste is sinful, correct? A shaykh taught us that it is makruh tahriman to “use paste or tooth powder to clean one’s teeth.”

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Walaikum assalam,

If a general ruling were to be given, it would be as explained by the shaykh. However, some scholars explain that:

– If one fears anything going down one’s throat, it is prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman);

– If one is sure that nothing will go down, it is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan), unless there is a genuine need or excuse (such as a job appointment!)…

Walaikum assalam

Faraz Rabbani.

Masha Allah, Jazakallah Khair.
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Herkim(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2018
Salaam alaikum once you remember that you are fasting you need to stop eating immediately then do not drink water and try asuch as possible to vomit the bread. Wallahuall.
abiodunalasa:

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Herkim(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2018
Salaam alaikum once you remember that you are fasting you need to stop eating immediately then do not drink water and try as much as possible to vomit the bread. Wallahuall.
abiodunalasa:

Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by belloadebowale: 1:16pm On May 11, 2018
Can someone takes in asthmatic spray or inhaler during ramadan
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by blakky97(m): 3:28pm On May 11, 2018
hapydaddy:

Shalom
thank you so much for your civility. may God meet you always at your point of need and never grant authority over you to anyone who will not show you kindness. amin.
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by Easytaiwo: 6:53pm On May 11, 2018
pLEASE WHAT IS THE RULING ON USING MOUTH SPRAYS WHEN FASTING
Re: Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting by moufan: 11:59pm On May 11, 2018
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / A Golden Advice From A Noble Sheikh In Makkah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.