|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,639,703 members, 6,177,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 March 2021 at 03:33 AM
NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)
|My Response To The Enemy Of Johesu by Thanks18(m): 1:39pm On May 11, 2018|
MY RESPONSE TO THE ENEMY OF JOHESU
1. What is the meaning of the word `medical´ when it is used to refer to a group of profesional?
2. Are Physicians (they are being called ``doctors´´ which is an honorary title. Only PhD holder is fit to be called a `doctor´) not Health Workers?
3. Who do they refer to as ``non-medical professionals´´? Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical Laboratory Scientists or Physiotherapists?
4. Who is fit to head health sector? Physicians have been heading health sector but it is still a shame that Nigeria Health Care Delivery is ranked one of the lowest.
5. Who should determine the wages or salary? Government or Physicians?
6. What profesional courses are needed to be qualified as a ``medical profesional´ that Nurses, Medical Lab Scientists, Physiotherapists and Pharmacists have not been exposed to during their undergraduate and post-graduate programs?
7. Can any health professional work in isolation? If No, how should each be paid? Based on input/output or grandiose salary scale?
Physicians are not the head of other professional workers. We are all equal contributors to the health care delivery. To think otherwise is a Delusion of Grandiosis.
WE ARE YET TO GET IT RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY AS CITIZENS. PUBLIC SHOULD BE WELL INFORMED THAT PHYSICIANS ARE NOT THE HEAD OF ANY OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL (Nurses, Medical Lab Scientists, Physiotherapists and Pharmacists). Their position is purely ARROGATORY.
|Re: My Response To The Enemy Of Johesu by TINO26: 1:52pm On May 11, 2018|
let he that has eyes read and understand,...you just listed the obvious truth,...am a Medlab scientist and am proud of my profession!
|Re: My Response To The Enemy Of Johesu by Thanks18(m): 5:19pm On May 14, 2018|
Since the current health workers strike in Nigeria, all the stake holders has been citing international best practices. The doctors under NMA and all other health workers under JOHESU has been at log ahead.
Both groups has been dishing out propaganda to the media. The doctors has claimed that they control all other departments and their services are at the doctors' beck and call, but JOHESU insists that the assumption is wrong. Doctors lack training and competence in some of these areas e.g physiotherapy/
medical rehabilitation. They are doctors too, they assess, treat, rehabilitate and discharge with all diagnostic imaging and lab tests privileges. Optometrists too are doctors both by operations and designation, they have spent 6yrs in medical school yet NMA said they are just support staff.
Nonetheless, JOHESU Leadership has come out to accuse the NMA doctors of ignorance, greediness and myopic thinking. Dr. Adewole the current Minister for Health has been proven wrong in regard to international best practices.
There could be bias from the Ministers. Today, both the minister of labour, senior and junior ministers of health are NMA doctors so the JOHESU strike that has paralyzed the health sector is rather a thing of politics for the ministers. You often see them on TV interviews double speaking. There is no gainsaying that NMA has colonized and made their birth right the offices of:
a) minister for health
b) minister of state for health
c) CMDs of all secondary and tertiary hospitals
d) Deputy CMDs
f) directors of 90% of all parastaltas and health related agencies
g) the list is endless
NMA said the reason for coveting these offices is because other health workers are not "medically qualified" even though they all finished from the same college of medicine; took same or similar causes together or as separate departments.
Let's look at the so called international best practices. Lets look at the ministers of health of following countries:
1. France minister of health
She is not a degree holder. Studied At Ecole Normale Supereure and specialized in Economics and social issues.
2. Germany minister of health
Studied Political science and Law at University of Hagen.
3. Saudi Arabia minister of health.
Dr. Tawfiq Al Ravish.
Obtain bachelor degree in Financial management and Mathematics, then 2 masters in computer science and information science.
4. Israel minister of health.
Studied Torah and his first job was principal of Yaakov Girls school and then join politics.
5. Spain minister of health, social, security and Equality.
A Lawyer and politician. She specialized in Real Estate and Environmental Law.
6. India minister of health
Jagat Prakash Nadda.
He a graduate of Law at Himachal Prakash.
7. Canada minister of health
Genette Petitpas Taylor.
She has bachelor degree in Social work.
Non of the above ministers study medicine and they are health ministers of their countries. Yet Isaac Adewole and NMA are saying our ministry of health institutions most be headed by medical doctors, ie. the international best practice.
# copied and edited.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54