Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,806,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet (21054 Views)

There Is No Business Like This Business / Diversifying Your Income Is Important Because Job Security Is An Illusion. / 5 Reasons Why An Online Business Is The Best Home Business To Make You Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by damosade(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2018
Will still get my 200$ from my bitclub advantage ...bitcoin sales.hobbyyyyyyyyy embarassed tongue
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 11, 2018
I thought people make money from ads and blogs.

Is the OP drunk ?

1 Like

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2018
Drwords:
well spoken sire..

i see no need for baseless arguments or comments stating otherwise here. What some people don't understand about the web is that it's only a means to aid the advertisement of your business or bolster your chances of securing tangible collaborations. The internet was designed to create a sphere for successful businesses by gifting you with enough exposure.

This said, i invite you, dear op to drink my Origin with me.

l,chine!

You are the first on the thread , and one of the few to grasp the OP's point. I commend you.
Nigerians on this site are really quite dull
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by HCpaul(m): 8:03pm On May 11, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You are the first on the thread , and one of the few to grasp the OP's point. I commend you.

The thing tire me ooo. Most of dem no even read the post content sef before bashing the OP.

I think the OP deliberately made the headline controversial. His point is that "The web is a virtual marketplace where people goes to advertise their traditional and digital goods to attract more buyers. Hence, utilizing it in their marketing and brand awareness."

His second point is that computer as a digital tool help us to digitize our traditional business on a virtual platform.

This is one of the intelligent post I have ever read on Nairaland but people are too dull to grasp. I love the argument raised by the OP.

1 Like

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2018
if online businesses is a dream or an illusion like you claim. .then those who have made money from it are dreamers, abi?
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Guestlander: 8:20pm On May 11, 2018
OP is ignorant.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by jaxxy(m): 8:24pm On May 11, 2018
Funny man op
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by desire44: 8:27pm On May 11, 2018
Are you already at home my love, Sorry to interrupt you at this time. My name is God. Why do you not pay more attention to me? I have protected you since you were born and I have blessed you. I want this message in the whole world before midnight. If you do this, I will correct two great mistakes in your life, and I will help you in something you are needing and your next day will be very blessed. Then, send this message to many people
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by cmecproblem(m): 8:32pm On May 11, 2018
No problem then let's continue making money online while you watch with your 30k 9-5 job. Don't worry we wont call it online business anymore.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by armadeo(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2018
Felixalex:
I see topic, rush type "hmmm" to book space.

Decided to read the article, but mehn the thing too long....

After the argument, whatever u guys agree on, I'm fine with it.

Bye bye!

lazy yoot

like me too. i lost interest half way grin grin

1 Like

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Korofoh: 9:18pm On May 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Why do you folks like to spread unsubstantiated rumors all over the web?
Where's your scientific proof?
You should state or given reason(s) why it is a rumour. I'd wanted to try it.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by kunleweb: 9:33pm On May 11, 2018
Joan011:
I thought I was the only one who noticed it. He's for and against the motion, nawa ohh

grin
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 11, 2018
Korofoh:

You should state or given reason(s) why it is a rumour. I'd wanted to try it.

I'm not talking about using moisture to judge the level of gas in the tank even though that in itself is silly when there are gauges for that.

My issue is the shrilly shriek of folks saying that shaking tanks causes explosions. If so then we should have a calamity of the roads as the tanks are transported over road which definitely shakes them.

Its 2018, Nigerians need to act accordingly and use the "smart" in their phones.

2 Likes

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 11, 2018
MarketingAce:
Is There Really a Business On the Web? Of Great Doubt, There's None.

Greetings to you all businesspeople of Nairaland. I have not come to misinfer to you the capability and adopting power of the internet or misrepresent the versatility, applicability and extendability of the web in modern business. The web as we all know it today is one of the most powerful subsystem that was engraved inside a potential supersystem (the internet), and the internet works because billions of people cooperate to do things together. This technology as we all have it today has reshaped the business landscape forever and has liberated humanity from the gigantic structure and traditional way of doing business before. With no doubt in mind, one can easily claim that the internet is not just a mere technology but a blessing to the world of aliens (sorry, humanity).

As am writing, over 7.6 billion people amount of the worlds population, of which 52% (4.1 billion people) are Internet users. Throughout the year 2018, over 1 billion years will be spent online by humans. With Asia taking the lead as they has a dominant share of overall internet users holding half of world's internet participants. Contrary to what many people think, Africa users are growing at the fastest rate and will soon overtake Latin America and Europe to permanently claim #2 spot. Two-third of the world's 7.6bn inhabitants now have a smartphone (that's a whooping 5 billion people) of which 200 million people got their first mobile device in 2017. 29% of the global population are using Facebook with over 3 billion people using social media. Enough of the starts. The essence of this writeup is not to bore you with fact but with huge rise in internet subscribers worldwide and the rate at which people dive into the core of the web consequently, there's no doubt that the digital sphere has become a vital & inevitable part of our being and existence. A time came that some insightful entrepreneurs began to wonder if there's a way to utilize the web as a platform and conduct a business on it. With the popular notion of online business these days, one has to think and ponder in his/her mind if at all there's anything like that, and that led to a prevailing question; "Is there really a business on the web?"

Well, there's nothing like online business in it's actual sense. This is not a lame justification, a hasty conclusion or a defamation of web-business integration. It is an ultimate truth that no 21st century entrepreneur would care to hear and and obliged to. My business stance might look strange to you but sometimes, people are not really doing any business on the internet but intelligently being recruited by smart entrepreneurs to join their hidden marketing team. According to them you make your money, they make theirs too. But the truth is that if you earn $10 from Amazon today, Amazon must have earned a hundred dollars. Business people don't want to hear this infallible truth and that's why many of them don't know the right way to run a business online. This is where digital marketing come into place. Marketing helps you to know how to run an enterprise. In fact, the internet wasn't primarily developed for business purpose. It was developed with the right motive and intention of collaborating the world together. Introducing to the world, a new medium for globalization, not a new podium for business. It was some cunning advertisers and clever marketers that first brought their business to the web to find a common ground in a global marketplace. According to history, IBM broke this record, as they were the first company ever to adopt the internet as a functioning workstead. That's why you see people frustrated in business all the time for not realizing that the internet is more of a marketing domain than a business environment.

Over the years, Bill Gate made an awe inspiring quote on business as he claims that "If your business is not on the internet, then your business is definitely out of business." If we patiently look and take a careful note of the boldened word "on the," it shows that the internet primary role and objective in business is to enable one's business to be placed on the web. This clearly vindicate that the web is nothing but an admissible platform for business. The internet is no ones invention as it's a collective development of ably race of both hardware and software engineers, and was designed with three (3) major goals in mind. That is;

1. Digitalization: This doesn't emerge from the rise of the internet. It began with the advent of computer. Creating a new form of world and a new dimension of reality. Day after day, humanity are gradually immersing themselves inside the shore of this universal but irresistible machine. The digital nature of computer was what makes it as such a versatile technology. Creating new forms of skill (digital skills) and serving as a new medium and tool for conducting businesses. This also makes it serves as an adoptable platform that any business minded person won't hesitate to use or will ever try to ignore.

2. Collaboration: With continuous growth and progress on this powerful machine (the computer), sizes were miniaturized. Code reusability, machine independency and portability was introduced. Word processing capability, spreadsheet packages and several utility softwares was put into place. Indeed, the computer deserve an accolade as machine of centuries. This trigger the quest to began a new revolution in the computing industry by remotely collaborating the world together. The infinite struggles behind that was what gave birth to the internet and the web at large. The idea behind that was that when people are jointly connected by this fully fledged system, business can be effectively done.

3. Globalization: Beyond collaborating people together is avoiding limitations such as geographical restrictions. It's not just enough to collaborate people together but connecting them on a global scale. This is one major factor that draws the attention of entrepreneurs worldwide and an overhead advantage it has over traditional way of doing business.

The moment you enact your presence online, someone is already making money with your web presence and consequently bewitching you of your digital right. The greatest asset online is Human Digital Presence (HDP) and without that, money can't flow online. Over 571 websites and $272, 000 are created and spent online every second
and according to Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder), he said "It's hard to find things that won't sell online." That's just the way it is because almost overnight, the internet has evolved from being a technical wonder to a business must. Coming from the most successful internet entrepreneur, creator of the largest eCommerce store and largest shareholder of the internet economy powerhouse. It is close to a fact that the internet is ruled and tactically colonized by brave and intelligent marketers and that the web is globally perceived as a universal marketplace. In a nuts shell, marketers rule the virtual world. Even on Niaraland, what bounds us together as an unsegregated business family is marketing and platform utilization.

With my points clearly depicted, I stand on the notion that the web/internet is nothing but a marketing environment and that there's nothing like online business but a confusion and misrepresentation of business digitization and utilization of the internet and web collaborative feature specifically designed for remotely deploying traditional business on a digital platform.

My opinion is subject to criticism.
If I am 100% correct, this argument won't be raised.
All views and suggestions are most welcome.

I'm sure no one read this extended Epistle with a misleading heading.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by KingOfThePay(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2018
Niggas making millions on on the web and this one writing obscene article straining to the eyes

Wait let me recieve the 7000 dollars am expecting this month from Jvzoo, Maxbounty and stripe shopify payments then i may just i may just make a detailed counter reply for you with my own new words i learnt on Nickleodeon today.

For now i will tip you to go and become an Orator and stop wasting your talent in memorizing new words okay...you will be just fine with that. Dont you waste your time online, come on, you know its an illusion ..

1 Like

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by CryptoStrategy: 10:26pm On May 11, 2018
Okay
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by romme2u: 10:38pm On May 11, 2018
MarketingAce:
Cc Lalasticlala; should please take this to the promise land.

With that said;

A business is dead without an effective marketing and sales generation techniques. Many of us have one online business or the other that we are currently doing and we mostly are not satisfied with our earnings, traffic and sales. I can be of great help with some craz'y marketing by placing in your hand stuffs like a digital marketing toolkit and a business framework. Just hookup with me on my siggy and see the working wonders that will be done in your business.

you missed an important ingredient of marketing on the web

SHORT EPISTLE --- make your text as brief as possible in your marketing career

People browse the web, scanning (BIG, BOLD) text n viewing pictures that is why the web is becoming more visual than textual.....

....you can take a cue from complaints on this thread
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Dirkcoyt: 11:19pm On May 11, 2018
I did read it because i know it's a piece of circumlocution with the message itself a baloney!
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Xzbit91: 11:46pm On May 11, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

There is no point calling anyone dull simply because they do not agree with your point of view.

Even the OP agreed at the end of his post that he might not be 100% right and gave room for disagreement.

With that said, now tell me how can you say there is no business on the internet, then proceed to write this in the body of the article?

"and according to Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder), he said "It's hard to find things that won't sell online." That's just the way it is because almost overnight, the internet has evolved from being a technical wonder to a business must. Coming from the most successful internet entrepreneur, creator of the largest eCommerce store and largest shareholder of the internet economy powerhouse"

Emphasis on the bolded part. The OP is just contradicting himself.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by vikeyz(m): 12:55am On May 12, 2018
Recharge and Get Paid is the best online business so far grin
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by AmericanSons: 8:13am On May 12, 2018
ItzBIM:
Like my niggga at the top said brilliant words doesn’t mean you are brilliant. How did the owner of amazon get so rich if people didn’t use his platform for their business.
what I can infer is that, internet business is just medium... He is right in a way.

Bros, your business might use the internet but experience men built their businesses OFFLINE.

If you doubt me... Get this book and read "The Everything Store"

Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Nobody: 9:56am On May 12, 2018
MarketingAce:
Is There Really a Business On the Web? Of Great Doubt, There's None.

Greetings to you all businesspeople of Nairaland. I have not come to misinfer to you the capability and adopting power of the internet or misrepresent the versatility, applicability and extendability of the web in modern business. The web as we all know it today is one of the most powerful subsystem that was engraved inside a potential supersystem (the internet), and the internet works because billions of people cooperate to do things together. This technology as we all have it today has reshaped the business landscape forever and has liberated humanity from the gigantic structure and traditional way of doing business before. With no doubt in mind, one can easily claim that the internet is not just a mere technology but a blessing to the world of aliens (sorry, humanity).

As am writing, over 7.6 billion people amount of the worlds population, of which 52% (4.1 billion people) are Internet users. Throughout the year 2018, over 1 billion years will be spent online by humans. With Asia taking the lead as they has a dominant share of overall internet users holding half of world's internet participants. Contrary to what many people think, Africa users are growing at the fastest rate and will soon overtake Latin America and Europe to permanently claim #2 spot. Two-third of the world's 7.6bn inhabitants now have a smartphone (that's a whooping 5 billion people) of which 200 million people got their first mobile device in 2017. 29% of the global population are using Facebook with over 3 billion people using social media. Enough of the starts. The essence of this writeup is not to bore you with fact but with huge rise in internet subscribers worldwide and the rate at which people dive into the core of the web consequently, there's no doubt that the digital sphere has become a vital & inevitable part of our being and existence. A time came that some insightful entrepreneurs began to wonder if there's a way to utilize the web as a platform and conduct a business on it. With the popular notion of online business these days, one has to think and ponder in his/her mind if at all there's anything like that, and that led to a prevailing question; "Is there really a business on the web?"

Well, there's nothing like online business in it's actual sense. This is not a lame justification, a hasty conclusion or a defamation of web-business integration. It is an ultimate truth that no 21st century entrepreneur would care to hear and and obliged to. My business stance might look strange to you but sometimes, people are not really doing any business on the internet but intelligently being recruited by smart entrepreneurs to join their hidden marketing team. According to them you make your money, they make theirs too. But the truth is that if you earn $10 from Amazon today, Amazon must have earned a hundred dollars. Business people don't want to hear this infallible truth and that's why many of them don't know the right way to run a business online. This is where digital marketing come into place. Marketing helps you to know how to run an enterprise. In fact, the internet wasn't primarily developed for business purpose. It was developed with the right motive and intention of collaborating the world together. Introducing to the world, a new medium for globalization, not a new podium for business. It was some cunning advertisers and clever marketers that first brought their business to the web to find a common ground in a global marketplace. According to history, IBM broke this record, as they were the first company ever to adopt the internet as a functioning workstead. That's why you see people frustrated in business all the time for not realizing that the internet is more of a marketing domain than a business environment.

Over the years, Bill Gate made an awe inspiring quote on business as he claims that "If your business is not on the internet, then your business is definitely out of business." If we patiently look and take a careful note of the boldened word "on the," it shows that the internet primary role and objective in business is to enable one's business to be placed on the web. This clearly vindicate that the web is nothing but an admissible platform for business. The internet is no ones invention as it's a collective development of ably race of both hardware and software engineers, and was designed with three (3) major goals in mind. That is;

1. Digitalization: This doesn't emerge from the rise of the internet. It began with the advent of computer. Creating a new form of world and a new dimension of reality. Day after day, humanity are gradually immersing themselves inside the shore of this universal but irresistible machine. The digital nature of computer was what makes it as such a versatile technology. Creating new forms of skill (digital skills) and serving as a new medium and tool for conducting businesses. This also makes it serves as an adoptable platform that any business minded person won't hesitate to use or will ever try to ignore.

2. Collaboration: With continuous growth and progress on this powerful machine (the computer), sizes were miniaturized. Code reusability, machine independency and portability was introduced. Word processing capability, spreadsheet packages and several utility softwares was put into place. Indeed, the computer deserve an accolade as machine of centuries. This trigger the quest to began a new revolution in the computing industry by remotely collaborating the world together. The infinite struggles behind that was what gave birth to the internet and the web at large. The idea behind that was that when people are jointly connected by this fully fledged system, business can be effectively done.

3. Globalization: Beyond collaborating people together is avoiding limitations such as geographical restrictions. It's not just enough to collaborate people together but connecting them on a global scale. This is one major factor that draws the attention of entrepreneurs worldwide and an overhead advantage it has over traditional way of doing business.

The moment you enact your presence online, someone is already making money with your web presence and consequently bewitching you of your digital right. The greatest asset online is Human Digital Presence (HDP) and without that, money can't flow online. Over 571 websites and $272, 000 are created and spent online every second
and according to Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder), he said "It's hard to find things that won't sell online." That's just the way it is because almost overnight, the internet has evolved from being a technical wonder to a business must. Coming from the most successful internet entrepreneur, creator of the largest eCommerce store and largest shareholder of the internet economy powerhouse. It is close to a fact that the internet is ruled and tactically colonized by brave and intelligent marketers and that the web is globally perceived as a universal marketplace. In a nuts shell, marketers rule the virtual world. Even on Niaraland, what bounds us together as an unsegregated business family is marketing and platform utilization.

With my points clearly depicted, I stand on the notion that the web/internet is nothing but a marketing environment and that there's nothing like online business but a confusion and misrepresentation of business digitization and utilization of the internet and web collaborative feature specifically designed for remotely deploying traditional business on a digital platform.

My opinion is subject to criticism.
If I am 100% correct, this argument won't be raised.
All views and suggestions are most welcome.
Call it Online business or call it business digitalization, it's still the same coin.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by Nobody: 10:00am On May 12, 2018
AmericanSons:
just ignore the dude.. Controversial post generate frenzy
The dude been confusing himself since zeroth century.

Online business or business digitalization, I wonder what's the difference.
Re: Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet by AmericanSons: 4:52pm On May 12, 2018
KingOfThePay:
Niggas making millions on on the web and this one writing obscene article straining to the eyes

Wait let me recieve the 7000 dollars am expecting this month from Jvzoo, Maxbounty and stripe shopify payments then i may just i may just make a detailed counter reply for you with my own new words i learnt on Nickleodeon today.

For now i will tip you to go and become an Orator and stop wasting your talent in memorizing new words okay...you will be just fine with that. Dont you waste your time online, come on, you know its an illusion ..

How did you make money with JVZoo? I mean traffic source? Did you had a list or direct (paid or free) traffic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / Zenith Bank Commiserates With Sanwo-Olu On Abule-Ado Explosion, Donates ₦100M / Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.