Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (47085 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by bilulu(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2018
Please house I want to ask is there a certain amount of cash you need to have before planning to settle down? for instance one need to have up-to 500k in his account before thinking of settling down. please I need you input.
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by AroOkigbo(m): 11:21pm On May 11, 2018
First work on your maturity.
The journey of marriage is not for the fainthearted.

Modified:
FTC!!
I dedicate this to my 5th child (last for now) who turned 3 months same day as I placed this comment grin

287 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 11, 2018
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by s3tt1ngz001: 11:28pm On May 11, 2018
Question I've been wanting an answer to several times.
I always have this phobia of settling down

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by bilulu(m): 11:32pm On May 11, 2018
s3tt1ngz001:
Question I've been wanting an answer to several times.
I always have this phobia of settling down
same here bro. can a guy dat is having a savings of 500k b thinking of marriage?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by duduade: 11:43pm On May 11, 2018
bilulu:

same here bro. can a guy dat is having a savings of 500k b thinking of marriage?

Lmaoooo...

16 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by vizkiz: 11:44pm On May 11, 2018
kimbraa:
If you can feed yourself and two other mouths then you can get married.
Uh?

Shakes my head.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 11, 2018
vizkiz:

Uh?

Shakes my head.
Why shake your head?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by vizkiz: 11:46pm On May 11, 2018
kimbraa:
Why shake your head?

You think marriage is all about feeding stomachs?

257 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 11, 2018
bilulu:
Please house I want to ask is there a certain amount of cash you need to have before planning to settle down? for instance one need to have up-to 500k in his account before thinking of settling down. please I need you input.
500k for wedding or for marriage? If its wedding well u can save 1million sef if u wish. But for marriage, is not by what u have in ur account o, its by d amount coming into ur pocket regularly. If u have 600k and no good income is coming in, when d money finish wetin u go do? If God wan come catch you, make orobo woman weh no get work get belle for you... Na double of wetin u dey chop, wear and use she go dey require plus pregnancy demand.

313 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 11, 2018
vizkiz:

You think marriage is all about feeding stomachs?
His question was straight forward as he didn't ask for criterion which deems one ready for marriage but the monetary aspect of it. I know it goes beyond money but one has to stay to the subject matter, and in the case of being able to fed for oneself and two others; if he could do that then there are responsibilities he's deemed capable of handling. grin No hungry guy could comfortably feed three mouths.

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ThinkSmarter: 11:59pm On May 11, 2018
It all depends on ur individuality/taste.
like if u re dreaming to own a car and a good bungalow, u know 500k z no no.
except u plan to own a bike and live in one of ur parents room/rented 1 bedroom apartment

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by vizkiz: 12:08am On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
His question was straight forward as he didn't ask for criterion which deems one ready for marriage but the monetary aspect of it. I know it goes beyond money but one has to stay to the subject matter, and in the case of being able to fed for oneself and two others; if he could do that then there are responsibilities he's deemed capable of handling. grin No hungry guy could comfortably feed three mouths.

His question requires a specific amount needed before marriage. Your answer was about feeding mouths (which didn't correspond).

What if he is a cassava farmer and he feeds on mostly cassava products?

So you wanna give birth to malnourished kids?

19 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by consultancy: 12:08am On May 12, 2018
i think 100 thousand naira is okay

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 12, 2018
vizkiz:

His question requires a specific amount needed before marriage. Your answer was about feeding mouths (which didn't correspond).

What if he is a cassava farmer and he feeds on mostly cassava products?

So you wanna give birth to malnourished kids?

You're the one not getting it. I can't give him a specific amount as what he may budget as being enough to settle down might be meagre to another. 500k in some States of the federation may be reduced to 250k in other States due to cost of living.

Your Cassava analogue doesn't make sense, and if that's the case, some women would happily die in abject poverty if what they share is common than swim in riches as desires are different. Just so you don't get me wrong, I explained my point in my previous post...if he could feed three mouths then he's comfortable enough to get married. Don't limit it to just food.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by ireke(m): 12:22am On May 12, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

500k for wedding or for marriage? If its wedding well u can save 1million sef if u wish. But for marriage, is not by what u have in ur account o, its by d amount coming into ur pocket regularly. If u have 600k and no good income is coming in, when d money finish wetin u go do? If God wan come catch you, make orobo woman weh no get work get belle for you... Na double of wetin u dey chop, wear and use she go dey require plus pregnancy demand.

I think you have answered his question.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by bilulu(m): 12:28am On May 12, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Yea I understand d marriage aspect but am actually concerned about d wedding here
Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 12:32am On May 12, 2018
Bro, if 500k is all you have in that bank akant, biko ejoor marry but no kids for now. Mek Bill Gate no swear for Naija. grin

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by vizkiz: 12:46am On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
You're the one not getting it. I can't give him a specific amount as what he may budget as being enough to settle down might be meagre to another. 500k in some States of the federation may be reduced to 250k in other States due to cost of living.

Your Cassava analogue doesn't make sense, and if that's the case, some women would happily die in abject poverty if what they share is common than swim in riches as desires are different. Just so you don't get me wrong, I explained my point in my previous post...if he could feed three mouths then he's comfortable enough to get married. Don't limit it to just food.

Maybe I am not intelligent enough but isn't feeding limited to food?

What about other responsibilities that comes with marriage?

Clothing?

School fees?

Bills?

Transportation?

500k is not even enough for a bachelor not to talk of a family man.

Well you are a lady, you can't understand half of it.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by makydebbie(f): 12:52am On May 12, 2018
AroOkigbo:
First work on your maturity.
The journey of marriage is not for the fainthearted.
undecided undecided

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Kobicove(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2018
Just make sure you have a steady source of income undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by peacengine(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2018
For me, at least N5 million after paying rent for the year. I gats to make my madam and kids comfortable

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by emperorblog(m): 6:28am On May 12, 2018
boss yaff suffer

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Lalas247(f): 6:39am On May 12, 2018
Minimum 1 mill
You need house when you marry
Car
Funds to start family .. babies ain’t cheap
Well that should cover ..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Nobody: 6:40am On May 12, 2018
3 million will be enough

15 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Neurotika: 7:11am On May 12, 2018
Different strokes.... Know your level and ensure she also knows it too. Truth is, all you need is a good job that keeps you afloat. Over 70% of Nigerians have less than 500k in their Bank account (NDIC fact). Yet weddings occur every Saturday. So do the math.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pocohantas(f): 7:13am On May 12, 2018
Neurotika:
Different stokes.... Know your level and ensure she also knows it too. Truth is, all you need is a good job that keeps you afloat. Over 70% of Nigerians have less than 500k in their Bank account (NDIC fact). Yet weddings occur every Saturday. So do the math.

Not 500k, N60,000 actually grin.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Preshy561(f): 7:16am On May 12, 2018
atleast,2-3million.wink

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Neurotika: 7:23am On May 12, 2018
pocohantas:

Not 500k, N60,000 actually grin.

Hmmm....

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/

My figure there was even mild. Cos I wanted to adjust for statistical errors. NDIC claims only 2% of Nigerians have more than the Bank's maximum insured deposits with them which is 500k. The poverty level is staggering. Don't believe the hype on social media.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by Zinny25(f): 7:23am On May 12, 2018
30 billion for ur account ooooo grin

My dear if u r talking about the wedding ceremony/rites. Then starting a family with just 500k it may not be enough oooo. But if you have gotten married already, and still hv about 500k in ur acct u can gv a shot as long as either of you have a steady income.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by pocohantas(f): 7:27am On May 12, 2018
Neurotika:

Hmmm....

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/

My figure there was even mild. Cos I wanted to adjust for statistical errors. NDIC claims only 2% of Nigerians have more than the Bank's maximum insured deposits with them which is 500k.

Yea, I am very aware of that report. I made reference to it in a thread months back. Majority of us are managing our lives in this country, but we somehow make out money to spend on frivolity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? by deransom(m): 7:31am On May 12, 2018
All you need is a business or a job,and be ready to handle responsibility

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Open Letter To Ex-Corper That Had Sex With 2 Ladies In Owerri & Shared Details / DSS Operative To Wed Chief Security Officer In Abuja (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Man Dumps Girlfriend Who Bleached Her Skin For Him & Gave Him Her School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.