Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Current Road Scam In Lagos That You Should Be Careful Of - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Current Road Scam In Lagos That You Should Be Careful Of (1533 Views)

Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / See This Chinese Restaurant In Lagos That Doesn't Serve Or Admit Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Current Road Scam In Lagos That You Should Be Careful Of by sammyscholar(m): 12:55am On May 12, 2018
With their surging rate of ‘love for materialism’ without wanting to engage in any legitimate work to acquiring such, some people in this country, and particularly in Lagos state, have taken to scams to rip people off their hard-earned money; and, in many cases, their lives – when the villains are ritualists.

To us at Be-enlightened, life of everyone matters, so that is why we decided to publish this piece to enlighten and sensitize our readers on this current road scamming trick and how it can be avoided.

I would like to expose you to the trick through my own experience.

*Experience One*

A couple of years back, I was at Ilaje in Ajah Lagos, walking to Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) for some transactions when a guy approached me. As he was about plunging into his story, he looked back and forth, left and right, as though he was being stalked.

“Please, bro, I am sorry to bother you,” he began. “I just got to Lagos from Edo state. I am here to sell something that worths a fortune.”

“Oh, really!” I retorted.

“Yes! I am going to Oko OLoyun's office to sell it. What I am having is a critical and expensive ingredient used in manufacturing their drugs.”

I did not really get him. I was just trying to place his elocution. Why did you have to tell me it worths this and that? I thought within me.

“Okay,” I finally responded. “You see, I’m not too savvy with Ajah and I don’t know where Oko oloyun’s office is here in Ajah. Perhaps you should talk to the motorcyclists, they must know the place.”

“Ah! I'm not going to them, bro. And please keep your voice low, because I don’t want people’s attention drawn to what I have with me. If I go to the motorcyclists, they'll know what I have with me and that is dangerous. And, besides, I have been told to be careful of whom I seek direction from in Lagos because most of people here are dangerous,” he explained.

"uum!" I sighed.

I was trying figure what next to do when he stopped another guy walking by (a guy I would later know was his accomplice). And, before I could say BE ENLIGHTENED, he had told the guy what he had to sell and where he was going to sell it. Before I could, again, say my own name, this new guy had begun telling me that we should help the guy sell what he had.

“I don’t normally help people in this kind of situation,” the new guy told me. “I just pitied this guy and I feel we should help him,” he continued, making face of pity.

“So bros,” the new guy said, facing the supposed seller. “As much as I know, what you have with you worths nothing less than #800,000 so if we would be taking you there, you will pay us #60,000.”

“Ah! That’s too much. I will give you guys #30,000. Please help me.”

The new guy told me we should pity the guy and make do with the #30, 000 he offered.

“We will just take #15,000 each. That’s still okay,” he said.

Now, as a person who takes moral standard with all seriousness, I have the principle that whatever business deals that cannot be made openly; it is not a good deal. So, having had enough of their drama, I told the new guy that he should take the guy who had something to sell to where he would sell his goods and keep the #30,000 to himself and I left the scene forthwith.

When I looked back shortly after, I saw both of them going back to God knows where, instead of the direction of their supposed Oko oloyun’s office.

*Experience two*

At another time again, and this was last year – 2017, I had just alighted from a bus at Agege total and I was walking to Agege Pencinema where I would get bus going to Oke-aro in Ifo local government of Ogun state when a guy walked up to me, limping. He told me he was going to Agege primary health center. Now, I am very acquainted with Agege so I promptly told him where it was located. I was never expecting any further question but, then, this guy pushed on.

“It is not that one. They have one where what they only do is to treat wounds. I have wound on my leg and I am going there to treat it…”

“Bros, let’s help him. I know where he's going,” a guy cut in.

“Please let's keep our voices low because people might want to hijack him, knowing how much treating such wound worths and how much he might be having with him”.

Instantly, I knew who they were – fraudsters!

Very infuriated, I said, “You guys are not serious. You no dey look face? Na me you won scam? You better go and engage yourself in something meaningful and legitimate. Please leave my way!” I bellowed.

Immediately after I left the scene, I looked back and found the guy who had been limping because of a supposed wound walking swiftly and perfectly.

These people would come to you seeking direction and then ask you to take them to their destination. Their aim is to have a walk with you and in-between which they would do whatever evil they want to do.

Of course, I am not unaware that these guys use jazz. They often hypnotize their victims before they rip them off their valuables. Some people have been abducted through this technique, too.

Thus, be careful of whom you stop to give direction to. Although there are genuine people out there who truly needs your help. You just need to put your eyes on the ground and know who is real and who is not. If you stop to help someone and he starts pushing further than he should, please quickly talk to your legs – walk away.

May God save us from this wolves disguising themselves as sheep.

Regards!

source: http://d-enlightened..com.ng/2018/05/current-road-scam-in-lagos-that-you_11.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current Road Scam In Lagos That You Should Be Careful Of by sammyscholar(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2018
seun, lalasticlala do the needful.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Sustains Injury In Her Private Part After Falling Into A Gutter. Photos / Slay Queen And Instagram Model S*x Tape Leaks, She Reacts (photo) / Graphics: 2 Bike Thieves Lynched To Death By An Angry Mob In Lagere, Ile-ife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.