Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

A Peep Into His Dark Side - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Peep Into His Dark Side (471 Views)

Oshiomhole’s 'Dark Side' Documentary By Kabiru Adjoto Airs January, 30 / A Peep Into The Background Of Ademola Ogunbanjo / A Peep Into The Past: Biafran Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:39am On May 12, 2018
A Peep into his Dark Side

Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:42am On May 12, 2018
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:42am On May 12, 2018
The basic flaw in the fundamental principle of 19th century economics was this,’ man is a logical creature’. However, Dale Carnegie was reported to have disregarded this , that’ ...man was not only a creature of logic but emotions ‘ (bias, whims, favouritism, greed, fear, selfishness, selflessness e.tc.’(parenthesis mine)).
The selling card for the Gen. MuhammaduBuhari presidency in 2015 (executed by the Bola Tinubu media machinery) to the South-West, Middle Belt and other parts of the northern region was that Buhari was corruption free, inclined to the highest ideals of justice; regardless of religion or tribe, and a man who stood by his words without changing.
However, recent facts emerging shows that Buhari the APC candidate is not Buhari the person; in his solitary moments, thinking process and inner ideals.

Note: in order to clinch political power, it is usually necessary to downplay your true self and take up a ‘masquerade self’, with an end of winning the hearts, minds, body (and possibly souls ) of the unsuspecting masses, albeit your true self may then emerge.

Such a scenario alarmed the great Marcus Garvey ,who in writing on the subject of racism in the world, noted sadly that ‘racism cannot be wiped out by legislation or laws because the white man in his living room, among his family and friends, truly believes in his innermost heart that the African is a nigger- backward, dirty, sub-human- just a little above beasts, and should not be expected to share same rights with a white man’. Therefore, a man’s innermost feelings is the true reflection of who the man really is.
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:45am On May 12, 2018
I stand to be corrected, but based on antecedents and recent actions of Buhari, he is:
I. Not capable of true justice and does not understand true justice , when it clashes with the interests of his ethnic group- the Hausa-Fulanis
II. Not incorrupt. At best, he might be regarded as not ‘ brazenly/ openly ’ corrupt
III. A tyrant; possesses his own share of wickedness and habituation of evil.
I will explain my reasons for the above
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:46am On May 12, 2018
His Trademark Nepotism
After overthrowing the Shagari administration (a fellow Fulani man), he decided to vigorously pursue a policy of bringing to book those who squandered the nation’s wealth. It was lauded by the masses, people clapped and thought ‘the Prince of Justice has come to Nigeria’. Contradictingly and curiously however, he put Shehu Shagari in house arrest.
Why is this contradictory? It turned out that people from other region and ethnic nationalitiese.g Gov. Olabisi Onabanjo of Ogun state and many other southerners were locked up in prison, resulting in the deaths of some of them (e.g. Onabanjo [I am told]). This simply implied that prison was not meant for a Fulani man whereas a southerner could be locked up without regard to his health or status.
Consider again the case of Dasuki: it is very likely that he took part in not only squandering but marauding the nation’s wealth meant to equip the army. However, it is a wonder when such individual is not being allowed to be tried lawfully and due process followed in his prosecution and conviction. The question is ,’why keep him in detention till this moment without any reasonable conviction passed?’ or can we believe the grapevine that Buhari actually has a personal score to settle with Dasuki, thus affirming the position that ‘the Fulani man never forgives, never forgets’?
Corruption can take different forms: outright stealing, embezzlement, bribery and nepotism. From the Inspector General of Police (IGP) who disobeyed the president’s order to stay in Benue and see to security operations against Fulani herdsmen, to the re-instated NHIS boss who was initially suspended by the health minister for corruption, his order to the World Bank to focus development on his region- the north and his remark that he cannot be expected to treat regions were he had 5% voting to regions who voted for him at 90% and above!
From the above, it is clear that the true nature of Buhari is clannish, nepotistic, and ethnicstic; which affects his biased anti-corruption crusade (or Jihad), when it plays against his ethnic group- the Hausa-.Fulanis.
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:55am On May 12, 2018
Murder by Silence
The handwriting on the wall presently is for the people of Plateau, Taraba and most especially Benue is this: vacate your land, turn it over to the Fulanis and (maybe) you may experience peace. Outside of this, you will be terrorized, maimed, killed, massacred and eventually destroyed.
It does not take a genius or prophet to realise that a script is being acted upon by some hidden power structures in Nigeria; a deliberated desire to wipe out and displace indigenous populations of the north-central from their ancestral lands. What has however been the (often mentioned) body- language of the president: not visiting the devastated lands and people until after 3 months due to intense public pressure, insulting their dead by wickedly telling them to accommodate marauding terrorists, astonishingly remarking that he ‘did not know’ that the IGP did not obey his order- which is a treasonable offense-considering the security situation of Benue state. This is enough to alarm any well-informed Nigerian that his government is at best incompetent and at worst covertly colluding with terrorist elements who have an agenda.
Slowly , Buhari is leading Nigeria downhill towards a government of ‘militialism- a government by militias or to put it directly, a[i]'Somaliasation'[/i]process. This has promptedmilitary and political figures like Govs. Fayose and Ortom and Gen, T.Y Danjuma (rtd.) to call their ethnic populations of the eventual necessity in self- defense; a clear eroding or total lack of faith in the Nigeria security forces. This scenario was what led to the perpetual, deadly and generationally-traumatising wars of the 90s and 2000s in places like Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan and Congo. Slowly but surely, Nigeria is moving towards a Hobbesian state ‘where life becomes nasty, brutish and short’. I digress, life in Nigeria is NOW nasty, brutish and short.

Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by RecordKeeper: 3:56am On May 12, 2018
Finally, i hereby state that while Buhari may not be directly likened to Idi Amin and Charles Taylor who oversaw the brutal massacres and murder of thousands of their fellow countrymen, but by keeping silent in the face of increasingly expanding genocide by Fulani terrorists, in order to build a ‘greater Caliphate’ ruled by the Fulanis, history and human memory will not judge him as different from the above -mentioned killers.
This is contestable by anyone, can be simply dismissed as ‘conspiracy theory’, but note that ‘actions speak louder than words’, especially persistent actions.
I can only hope that people living most especially in the still- unaffected urban centres of the South-west, South-east and South- south of Nigeria would understand in time the true hidden nature of Buhari and his motives... before it is too late.
I stand to be corrected.

cc: seun, naptu2, lalasticlala, myndd44, omenkalives
and the whole *** BMC gang

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by limeta(f): 5:51am On May 12, 2018
Buhari is a terrorists
Who does not know that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by fergie001: 5:57am On May 12, 2018
grin
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by ashjay001(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2018
Put, all these ur big grammar to better use, please!

Each successive, Nigerian govt, has overseen killings of d innocent. Seems to come with d territory!

So far, so good; BH has been pushed back, NDA were nipped, IPOB has been harassed out of consciousness. I'm still waiting for d herdsmen response. And, I actually expect a response, cos, PMB, doesn't do things, half way.

The herdsmen killings n disruption, have been a part of our national discussion, since time immemorial. Older than most uprisings, put together. I still have faith in PMB to deliver.

Though, i believe, there's more to it, than meets d eye
Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by caye(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2018
ashjay001:
Put, all these ur big grammar to better use, please!

Hope a well constructed article is not a pain on your brain o?

ashjay001:

Though, i believe, there's more to it, than meets d eye
Good... at least you can agree that the numerous killings is for a political/ (religious?) agenda by some powerful groups.
Say me well to the f***king BMC crew.

1 Like

Re: A Peep Into His Dark Side by ashjay001(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2018
caye:

Hope a well constructed article is not a pain on your brain o?

Good... at least you can agree that the numerous killings is for a political/ (religious?) agenda by some powerful groups.
Say me well to the f***king BMC crew.

Tot as much; empty barrel

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Senator Bassey Over Curious N30b Vote / PHOTOS: Fashola Inspects National Housing Programme In Abia State / Tight Security At Lagos APC Secretariat Ahead Of State Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.