Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday (1749 Views)

Desmond Elliott's Wife, Victoria, Celebrates Him On His 47th Birthday / Reno Omokri Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2018
**Fela Durotoye@47: Celebrating a Generational Shift Campaigner**

Adetokunbo Olufela Durotoye, leadership coach, corporate trainer and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Alliance for New Nigeria, ANN, clocks 47 today which interestingly, is his wedding anniversary. Adedayo Adejobi writes on the milestone, his thoughts, and ideas on leadership.

Olu Okeowo Celebrates

“A s the saying goes: ‘You ver miss what you’ve never had’. I am really grateful for the quality of the relationship I have with my sons; Mobolurin, Demilade, and Morolaoluwa.

They are my best friends and I have always believed that by the time they get married, I would have three daughters added to my family. Since my daughters-in-law will carry my name forever, all I have to do is to be patient and wait for my three daughters to arrive when my sons get married. Having waited so long, you can understand when I say I will be the best father-in-law ever. My wife feels so special being the only girl in our home. All four of us pamper her so much and give her all our love.”
These were the words of Fela Durotoye, leadership coach and corporate trainer as well a presidential aspirant on the platform of the Alliance for New Nigeria, ANN. FD, as his friends and admirers call him, is 47 today and the day also marks the 17th anniversary of his wedding to his wife Tara, owner of House of Tara Beauty Centre in highbrow Lekki, Lagos.
Fela is a father of three boys and he believes even his wife is not the ‘odd woman’ out among three ‘men’. To me, she is always pampered and she is very loved and that is why he believes that when his sons get married,
There won’t be clinking of glasses. There will not also be popping of champagne. When THISDAY asked him earlier in the week how he would celebrate his birthday, he said there wouldn’t be any celebration.

Rather, he would be doing what he usually does every year. And this involves going somewhere private with his sweetheart and reminisce about the state of the nation.
Durotoye said the nation needs the younger generation more than ever before. To him, the raw energy the youth has makes it possible for them to devote time and that energy to building the country. Alluding
to a music video playing on the television. To Durotoye, the music video is a metaphor of the Nigerian situation.

According to him, if young Nigerians are given the chance to govern the country, the creativity and energy deployed in music videos indicate the high level of creativity that can be brought to governance.

“If we are given the chance to lead the country, I don’t mean lead the country, but rule the country, that is the kind of creativity we would bring into governance,” Durotoye told THISDAY. “We keep talking of how Nigeria developed in the 60s and 70s. That should not surprise us.
These men, who have refused to let go of leadership, or do I say rulership, were young then and they were full of energy and also full of ideas. That was why they were able to achieve much then because those were their best productive years. All they need right now is to let go of leadership and let the younger generation try their own leadership energy. The creativity you saw in that video will be replicated in governance.”

That is a profound analysis. And thank God, Durotoye has thrown his hat into the ring. He wants to become president. He has already joined the Alliance for New Nigeria, ANN. To him, the desire to serve stems
from the belief that Nigeria could be made the most desirable nation on earth by the year 2025. Tall dream you would say going by present realities but that is not with Durotoye. His raw energy and self-belief can be effervescent at times. Even when you tell him the odds are stacked against him going by the entrenched interests that have held the nation by the jugular since independence, Durotoye would tell you it is because Nigeria has always been ruled and not led.

He added, “The apparent failure in leadership of our country comes from a rulership system that has over the years produced rulers rather than leaders. I believe that leaders are role models of excellence and integrity whose lives are worthy of emulation. True leaders have the ability to create and deliver desired results, desired outcomes and a desired future for all. In other words, Leaders make people, places
and things better while rulers make people, places and things worse over time.”

Speaking further, Durotoye said through the nation’s history, there has always been emergence of rulers in positions of authority instead of leaders in positions of service.
“Rather than serve the people, rulers consider the people as their subjects who are meant to serve them and their interest. Rulers use the power of their position to oppress and make things difficult for their subjects (the people). Rather than royal fathers, the system produced traditional rulers and afterwards, colonial masters who never came to serve the people, and thereafter, military rulers who came as overlords to oppress the people. And from military rule, we’ve experienced political rulers in a democratic framework.”

To him, true leaders make the lives of the people better; rulers make the lives of the people bitter. He pointed out, “As long as we do not replace the system of rulers, we will continue to experience the so called failure of leadership. The system is the problem.”

Happy birthday to a visionary Leader!

He has never STOLEN and he will never STEAL. ��

#MyFD
#greatPersonality
#ExcellentSpirit.
#anewnigeria
#teamFD

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by Nobody: 10:20am On May 12, 2018
In the spirit of politics without bitterness, we say Happy Birthday Mr Dutotoye.

Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023!
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by Andiebest(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2018
Happy birthday our incoming president.

Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2018
Andiebest:

Waoo.. That smile is so powerful, never seen anything like it before

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2018
igbodefender:
In the spirit of politics without bitterness, we say Happy Birthday Mr Dutotoye.

Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023!

Lol grin
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2018
Happy Birthday to him!

Talking about politics, I sincerely wish him and Sowore well. But to all who are gunning for either of these two guys for presidency, especially in Southwest, we need to wise up or we'll be condemned to another four years under Buhari.

If either of these two young persons were from the north it would have been an easy sell, but as Nigeria is today, the northern youths are not enlightened enough to see a reason to support them, and they believe power must remain in the north come 2019.

So we must look beyond the young candidature, but rather support anyone who has better sense of governance than Buhari.
God Save Nigeria!
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by Jesusloveyou: 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
Who know him?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by wakaman: 1:23pm On May 12, 2018
Mscheeew.
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2018
dodelight:
Happy Birthday to him!

Talking about politics, I sincerely wish him and Sowore well. But to all who are gunning for either of these two guys for presidency, especially in Southwest, we need to wise up or we'll be condemned to another four years under Buhari.

If either of these two young persons were from the north it would have been an easy sell, but as Nigeria is today, the northern youths are not enlightened enough to see a reason to support them, and they believe power must remain in the north come 2019.

So we must look beyond the young candidature, but rather support anyone who has better sense of governance than Buhari.
God Save Nigeria!

You just spoke like a typical Nigerian youth, what makes u think its on the north votes that brings in a president. Why do you suddenly think PMB and his handlers are romancing the SE, oh wait a minute, have u forgotten PMB won in the key states in the north in 2011 but still lost the election to Jonathan?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Who know him?

We do and over 30million youths who are desirous of a new Nigeria
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2018
cbrass:

You just spoke like a typical Nigerian youth, what makes u think its on the north votes that brings in a president. Why do you suddenly think PMB and his handlers are romancing the SE, oh wait a minute, have u forgotten PMB won in the key states in the north in 2011 but still lost the election to Jonathan?

So, you untypical Nigerian youth, you think the supports from the south alone is enough to make anyone president in this country?

I hope your 'hope' and wishes are not blinding you from reality
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2018
cbrass:

We do and over 30million youths who are desirous of a new Nigeria

One of the realities you are missing is, at least half of your numbered 30million youths that you claimed know him are already affiliated to either of the mainstream political parties.

Does this mean I don't believe in a youth presidency? Yes, I do! But it's a long way from here, yet it's achievable.
Fela Durotoye can't fly in 2019, neither will Sowore; but they can keep mobilizing the youths for 2023 or whenever. They don't necessarily have to be beneficiaries of such movements but it will help the nation in long term. So, wake up, bro.
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by gidgiddy: 3:32pm On May 12, 2018
Fela who?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 8:58am On May 13, 2018
dodelight:

One of the realities you are missing is, at least half of your numbered 30million youths that you claimed know him are already affiliated to either of the mainstream political parties.

Does this mean I don't believe in a youth presidency? Yes, I do! But it's a long way from here, yet it's achievable.
Fela Durotoye can't fly in 2019, neither will Sowore; but they can keep mobilizing the youths for 2023 or whenever. They don't necessarily have to be beneficiaries of such movements but it will help the nation in long term. So, wake up, bro.

The president was right afteral, some youths are not only lazy but too timid, mind you this is not about a youth president but this about the quest for true leadership, if you are not tired of the rulership they subject us to, then Fela Durutoye is and the youths too. Join the train before its too late

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2018
dodelight:

So, you untypical Nigerian youth, you think the supports from the south alone is enough to make anyone president in this country?

I hope your 'hope' and wishes are not blinding you from reality

What you should have done which u failed to do is ask how we plan to achieve this and not going about this stereotypical way of thinking about elections. Well our target is the entire south and North central
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by p2t2r(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2018
cbrass:
**Fela Durotoye@47:

He has never STOLEN and he will never STEAL. ��

Seriously?? And how would you know this, even unto the future? Never say never.
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by 4laferarri(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2018
Thanks for telling us how old u are,,,,,
Now we know,,,
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2018
cbrass:

What you should have done which u failed to do is ask how we plan to achieve this and not going about this stereotypical way of thinking about elections. Well our target is the entire south and North central

The reality is still that your plan can work in a long term, not for short term (2019), because an average Nigerian northern youth (middle belt inclusive) has this entitlement mentality. A lot must be done to educate them in this regard.
One thing I can promise you is, if you are able to stir up such revolution in thinking in the north before next general elections, then you have my support.
But right now, I won't because of youth presidency risk another four years under Buhari.
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 2:23pm On May 13, 2018
dodelight:

The reality is still that your plan can work in a long term, not for short term (2019), because an average Nigerian northern youth (middle belt inclusive) has this entitlement mentality. A lot must be done to educate them in this regard.
One thing I can promise you is, if you are able to stir up such revolution in thinking in the north before next general elections, then you have my support.
But right now, I won't because of youth presidency risk another four years under Buhari.
So who is your candidate?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2018
cbrass:

So who is your candidate?

Right now, none.
I am hoping someone with a better sense of governance will win the PDP ticket. Yes, people may say PDP wrecked this nation for 16 years, but that's not absolutely correct, since most of those that held sway in most of the 16years are still in the government of the day. And somehow PDP has learnt in a hard way.
In fact, as it stands today, I will gladly vote an Atiku who has a business sense rather than watch and split the votes in favour of Buhari. (Forget about the corruption noises about him (Atiku); Nigeria doesn't need a saint, rather we need a brain).
However, the mobilization and enlightenment of the youths to know their power and right must continue for a long term gain.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by seunmsg(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2018
Andiebest:

Where did you get that picture of Fela from?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 9:32pm On May 13, 2018
dodelight:

Right now, none.
I am hoping someone with a better sense of governance will win the PDP ticket. Yes, people may say PDP wrecked this nation for 16 years, but that's not absolutely correct, since most of those that held sway in most of the 16years are still in the government of the day. And somehow PDP has learnt in a hard way.
In fact, as it stands today, I will gladly vote an Atiku who has a business sense rather than watch and split the votes in favour of Buhari. (Forget about the corruption noises about him (Atiku); Nigeria doesn't need a saint, rather we need a brain).
However, the mobilization and enlightenment of the youths to know their power and right must continue for a long term gain.
I said it before you need to heal, so just because you desperately want to vote out PMB u will settle for an Atiku.. Hmmm
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by Houseofglam7(f): 10:40pm On May 13, 2018
#nottooyoungtorun
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 8:23am On May 14, 2018
cbrass:

I said it before you need to heal, so just because you desperately want to vote out PMB u will settle for an Atiku.. Hmmm

So, you would rather Buhari continue?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2018
cbrass:

So you have nothing to say to my last reply...

And I was already enjoying our conversation ...

Good luck, Bro!
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 11:13pm On May 15, 2018
dodelight:

So you have nothing to say to my last reply...

And I was already enjoying our conversation ...

Good luck, Bro!

What do you want me to say again by already admitting that you will leave your house and queue in the sun or rain to go vote for a thief - yes I used that word and I won't appologise for it, except u can tell me what u mean by this statement "I don't want a saint but someone with business sense"
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2018
cbrass:

What do you want me to say again by already admitting that you will leave your house and queue in the sun or rain to go vote for a thief - yes I used that word and I won't appologise for it, except u can tell me what u mean by this statement "I don't want a saint but someone with business sense"

So anyone that is not a saint equals a thief in your mind??!!

Wow! Fela Durotoye must be so blameless and faultless and infallible!
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 11:44pm On May 17, 2018
dodelight:

So anyone that is not a saint equals a thief in your mind??!!

Wow! Fela Durotoye must be so blameless and faultless and infallible!
If you have a case against him pls bring it forward. However harlibuton case comes to mind wink
When will Atiku visit the US?
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by dodelight(m): 9:36am On May 18, 2018
cbrass:

If you have a case against him pls bring it forward. However harlibuton case comes to mind wink
When will Atiku visit the US?

Typical of a diehard follower!
I asked a very simple, though rhetorical, question. Is Fela Durotoye faultless?
Just answer the question.

And about Atiku and whatever Harlibuton case, there you missed it again. First, I never once said I'm Atiku supporter (check through again in case you missed the point), I only alluded to him in case push comes to shove. (That is, if left with such bad choices between Buhari and Atiku).
Secondly, from my rhetorics, Atiku is not a saint, so I don't care whether he can travel to USA or not. What's my business with US approvals or visitation.
I shot!

Shoot!
Re: Fela Durotoye Celebrates His 47th Birthday by cbrass(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2018
dodelight:

Typical of a diehard follower!
I asked a very simple, though rhetorical, question. Is Fela Durotoye faultless?
Just answer the question.

And about Atiku and whatever Harlibuton case, there you missed it again. First, I never once said I'm Atiku supporter (check through again in case you missed the point), I only alluded to him in case push comes to shove. (That is, if left with such bad choices between Buhari and Atiku).
Secondly, from my rhetorics, Atiku is not a saint, so I don't care whether he can travel to USA or not. What's my business with US approvals or visitation.
I shot!

Shoot!

the word "faultless" is ambiguous , you need to be specific. though No one may be without fault but we are not talking about treasury looters here. I never said you are or was a supporter of Atiku but I sense the hands of Esau and the voice of Jacob though

(1) (Reply)

‘Confront Me’ – Crisis Looms As President Buhari Dares National Assembly(Detail) / Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Writes UK Govt Concerning Kanu’s UK Citizenship / Buhari Was Right In Reinstating Suspended NHIS Secretary - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.