Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe (16466 Views)

Trump Supporter Says She Won't Get The Covid-19 Vaccine Because She Is A Goat / China Executes 2 Politicians For Taking Bribe (video) / Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by massmediang: 12:14pm On May 12, 2018
Do you remember him? Anas Aremeyaw Anas, is the Masked Journalist based in Ghana, known world-wide for his ground-breaking investigative reports. One of his reports which exposed corruption in the judiciary in 2015 has continued to lead to reforms in the judiciary in Ghana.

Just a couple of days ago, Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo suspended four high court judges after a special committee found them guilty of corruption, based on the Masked reporter’s report. One of the Judges reportedly received goat a bribe. These cases were captured on video tape.
The corrupt Judges were caught on tape taking bribes in exchange for influencing the outcome of court cases.

The corruption was exposed by an undercover journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, in 2015.

Anas said he had nearly 500 hours of video evidence on tape, showing judges alleging asking for bribes and demanding sex. One even accepted a goat as a bribe.

The documentary shocked the nation at the time, and was shown to packed houses at cinemas in the capital, Accra.

More than 20 judges and 170 judicial officers were implicated in the country’s biggest corruption scandal.

Twenty judges and magistrates have already been found guilty of bribery and dismissed from their jobs.

This is what ground-breaking investigative reports does in the society.
Source:
http://massmediang.com/judicial-reform-how-ghana-judge-was-sacked-after-receiving-just-a-goat-as-bribe/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by cantok(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2018
grin
Let me read the full story

meanwhile another FTC in a while

thanks to mods and the OP
massmediang:
http://massmediang.com/judicial-reform-how-ghana-judge-was-sacked-after-receiving-just-a-goat-as-bribe/

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by cantok(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2018
This must be a BABA SALA Judge

CC: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by aristocrazzy: 12:19pm On May 12, 2018
yeba!!! the great Anas Aremeyaw Anas, the Masked Journalist.. Whatever you do, don't let this man blow a whistle on you.!!!
You are my motivation, it is men like we need in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by ebuk4real(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2018
Only goat...and the judge is dismissed?
Meaning if it was a million naira, death penalty is likely inevitable.....that's in Ghana.

Then welcome to Nigeria: steal a goat, you are ridiculed as a fool. Steal a million naira, a national honour awaits you; steal in billions, you're garlanded with ridiculous titles..

It's just a shame when your smaller neighbour teaches you what you should be teaching them....

28 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Jesusloveyou: 12:43pm On May 12, 2018
Receiving a goat as birthday Gift is a sin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by SalamRushdie: 12:51pm On May 12, 2018
And yet Buhari gave a Judge 500 thousand naira gift here and zombies said it was okay

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by hisgrace090: 12:54pm On May 12, 2018
They need to come over to Nigeria to learn the art of bribe taking in order to graduate from goat to billions.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Queenext: 1:15pm On May 12, 2018
Awon learner's united...

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by flyca: 1:16pm On May 12, 2018
Nigeria is corruption capital

Fayose, for instance, has 37 minute full blown recorded audio of election rigging. Now he is cutting kpomo on Ekiti streets and some brainless Nigerians are hailing him angry

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by NwaAmaikpe: 1:16pm On May 12, 2018
shocked

I'd rather take sex as bribe instead of a goat.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 12, 2018
hisgrace090:
They need to come over to Nigeria to learn the art of bribe taking in order to graduate from goat to billions.
Taaa, goat too small,na cow for better
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by symbianDON(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2018
did the goat swallow 36m cedis grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:18pm On May 12, 2018
shocked shocked

these Ghanaian judges are learning....let them come to Nigeria and see their colleagues collecting billions as bribes

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Iruobean(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2018
cool
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Randy100: 1:18pm On May 12, 2018
Let him unmask himself. Even if he was killed in the process he will be remembered.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by ifyalways(f): 1:19pm On May 12, 2018
A country where things work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by porshnuel: 1:19pm On May 12, 2018
that's how buhari would be sacked

since he value animals (cows) than human lifes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Samogbo1(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2018
This is why I encourage my guyz to always have any means of spy device for capturing such moments as a good evidence/proof.

If u have either spy pen, spy wrist watch, spy car key camera or spy clothe button, U can easily gain full evidence in any shady deal or momentary glitches like ds brave masked Ghanian journalist.

We all need a spy device for accurate undercover... I sell all the mentioned spy devices, I will sell to U at a very cheap rate.

I also deliver nationwide, Hala>>> 0, 9, 0, 9, 9, 3, 7, 0, 7, 5, 3
Be vigilant cos the need can come up at any time

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by chuksanambra: 1:22pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Actually, if a human being has sex with a goat, the product would have more sense than you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 12, 2018
aristocrazzy:
yeba!!! the great Anas Aremeyaw Anas, the Masked Journalist.. Whatever you do, don't let this man blow a whistle on you.!!!
You are my motivation, it is men like we need in Nigeria.

if this one dey nigeria he for don die since..
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
That's a hungry judge. Even lecturers in Nigerian Universities prefer hundreds of thousands to a goat. grin
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Alejoc(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2018
Nigeria needs an Anas!

He stood the gap and made all the difference....

Talk about one man mopol.....still our journalist dey give themselves award year in year out.... You go hear stuff.. Like Channels TV,... The best Nigerian TV for the 20th time in a roll.... Still common open corruption in the Nigerian Immigration Service as per passport collection that can be captured by hidden camera has not been covered..... It took BBC to make a scene about drug abuse before they could find their own voice again.....

One of the leadership of NIM promised to reduce corruption and take the hardship in securing passport some months back.... No media house has been able to do an update on that.....

The are only good at sensationalism...... One govt drops one topic, e don become their song for the week!

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Krafty006: 1:27pm On May 12, 2018
goat.....for my country, its owo kudi ego, contact us for your leather works , shoes sandals and slippers 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Ayobami7(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by oyetunder(m): 1:29pm On May 12, 2018
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Alejoc(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2018
Perversion of justice.... In Nigeria the case was inconclusive due to shoddy investigation shocked angry
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Cr7sBabe(f): 1:33pm On May 12, 2018
I pray Goats will not put us in problems o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Reelmii: 1:36pm On May 12, 2018
that man can't survive in Nigeria...... make I no talk too much

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Daviddson(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2018
OK
Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Trueyarn(m): 1:39pm On May 12, 2018
ebuk4real:
Only goat...and the judge is dismissed?
Meaning if it was a million naira, death penalty is likely inevitable.....that's in Ghana.

Then welcome to Nigeria: steal a goat, you are ridiculed as a fool. Steal a million naira, a national honour awaits you; steal in billions, you're garlanded with ridiculous titles..

Just that it's a shame when your smaller neighbour teaches you what you should be teaching them....

This cracked me up big time... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Judge Was Sacked After Receiving A Goat As Bribe by Alejoc(m): 1:40pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He chose to be different!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sara Netanyahu Charged With Fraud Over Misuse Of State Funds / US Last Drone Strike In Kabul Might Have Been Against Innocent People - NY Times / Paris Police Attack: Four Killed By Knife-Wielding Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.