Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America (6063 Views)

Air Peace: Allen Onyema Welcomes Back Nigerians From South Africa (photos / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 12:30pm On May 12, 2018
Nigerians cannot forget in a hurry Buhari last visit to the States where he was photographed while signing an undisclosed document that got Nigerians worried and exclaimating and now it seems we are getting to know bit of what the President's visit to POTUS entails gradually.

If you must know, be patient with these post and get the latest development as America seems not to be smiling or wanting Nigerians any longer and these is as serious as death itself, except you not going to have any dealings that will take you to America and that person is who I've not met and to make matters worst, America is as well motivating Canada to stop Nigerians from coming into the country that has become second home to Nigerians just like the UK.

According to Stella Dimokorkus who broke the news that "US Embassy are quietly revoking visa"
on her blog with a message sent to her by a Nigerian based in the States which gave details on how the US embassy are going about withdrawing/revoking already issue visas as well making it VERY DIFFICULT for Nigerians to come into the United States, at this point is high time the President of Nigeria come out to clarify these shocking development if it was one of what they discussed while he visited.

We really need to know why the US Embassy is doing whatever they are doing. Below is the message that was sent to Stella on how visas are being cancelled.

Hi Stella,
Hope you are doing great. There is an urgent information I will like you to post on your blog. Preferable as a stand-alone post.
US visas are being revoked by the US embassy.
I want to create awareness on what has been going on since the beginning of this year. The US embassy is revoking visas (mostly tourist visa) they already issued. The embassy sent an email to a friend two days before her trip (she already got her ticket) that her visa has been revoked. Some other people found out their visa had been revoked when they wanted to check-in. The airline said they should contact the embassy for further information. When some got to the embassy, their visa was canceled on their passport right before their eyes.

The one that finally got me to send this email is a family friend's visa that was revoked while in transit. She had a connecting flight in a middle eastern country. Just as she was about to board her connecting flight to the US, she was told she could not fly. The airline also refused to bring her back to Nigeria. She had to source for money to buy a ticket back to Nigeria. The confusing thing is that she has been to the US on a visit before.
My sister visited the US for the first time this year and she was detained for over 5 hours at the airport. Her phone was thoroughly searched. They checked all her messages and asked questions about every message. Even a message that she sent to my cousin to buy her food, they queried her on it. They only approved her visit for 2 weeks (it used to be 6 months). I heard of someone who was questioned for over 40 hours at the point of entry.

I just want to let people know what is going on. People have lost so much money due to this issue. People should please share their stories as well. I wonder why the Nigerian government is not doing anything about this. Some people think it started after Canada raised alarm about Nigerians seeking asylum in Canada after they get to the US on a tourist visa. Nobody is really sure.
Thank you.
So after the joyful signing and laughter by these two Presidents, this is what we get Like seriously?? Was this what it was about .

Somebody please copy our dear President Buhari so he can be aware of what is befallen Nigerians after his "accoladed" signing.

Source: www.timelessaproko.com

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by OkutaNla: 12:35pm On May 12, 2018
Seems Trump don scam Buhari with that wide smile abi na grin in that famous picture. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Mynd44: 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
They are being revoked at Canada's request not any document that was signed

9 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by oshe11: 12:41pm On May 12, 2018
shocked

See what Buhari caused with his visit

1 Like

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 12, 2018
I am actually very excited about the development.

Nigerians, need to stay back in Nigeria and develop vacation spots here and not waste their resources to travel abroad on holidays, when they do not even have enough in store for their kids and grand-kids.

There is no free launch anywhere on this planet, and America was built by humans who really decided to sacrifice their comfort to design a future that others will enjoy.

Trump is doing great for reminding humans that there is need to begin to think home.

Dense humans are free to disagree, and that need not concern me.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by AngelicBeing: 12:51pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:
Nawao but I am not surprised though, the tourist visa / arrangee iyawo connection in the US and the Aduro levels in Canada don cast shocked

4 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 1:35pm On May 12, 2018
A point ! but am only blinking my eyes shocked
Solstar:
I am actually very excited about the development.

Nigerians, need to stay back in Nigeria and develop vacation spots here and not waste their resources to travel abroad on holidays, when they do not even have enough in store for their kids and grand-kids.

There is no free launch anywhere on this planet, and America was built by humans who really decided to sacrifice their comfort to design a future that others will enjoy.

Trump is doing great for reminding humans that there is need to begin to think home.

Dense humans are free to disagree, and that need not concern me.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 1:36pm On May 12, 2018
Honestly, Buhari have no idea, he will regret his vist by the time he realize Donald Trump is not Barack Obama
OkutaNla:
Seems Trump don scam Buhari with that wide smile abi na grin in that famous picture. undecided
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 1:37pm On May 12, 2018
Over casted!!!
AngelicBeing:
Nawao but I am not surprised though, the tourist visa / arrangee iyawo connection in the US and the Aduro levels in Canada don cast shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 1:37pm On May 12, 2018
crazy!!
Mynd44:
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by AngelicBeing: 1:49pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
Over casted!!!
Yes oo, aduro levels for naija don cast for Canada except with good stories, aduro in Canada actually favors women compared to men, few African women l met with doctors backed reports from Africa about those claimants been subjected to domestic violence were all approved and they are all citizens now but even at that, the story don cast because several others also tried it and they rejected them, many of them are now on HC waiting to be approved grin

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
A point ! but am only blinking my eyes shocked
Nice to note that you have eyes, I lost mine to awakening.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Beautyaddy: 2:30pm On May 12, 2018
FAKE NEWS!!

Please just don't believe anything anyone says without proof.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Agbaletu: 2:37pm On May 12, 2018
I don't know if I should believe this story. My friend left for the USA last week to attend a conference and he got 6 months stay at the POE. He has never travelled out of this country before.
This story get as it be o.

7 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 2:51pm On May 12, 2018
hmmm! maybe you should make more findings before deciding on your take then and the internet is a research ground.
Agbaletu:
I don't know if I should believe this story. My friend left for the USA last week to attend a conference and he got 6 months stay at the POE. He has never travelled out of this country before.
This story get as it be o.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 2:53pm On May 12, 2018
Did you read the post at all before shouting fake news? there are proof and you just being funny with your comment. Talking ill of people's work wouldn't make your life better. Make your findings !
Beautyaddy:

FAKE NEWS!!

Please just don't believe anything anyone says without proof.

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 3:00pm On May 12, 2018
shocked take eyes in the name of jesu! Amen now you have eyes! halleluyah
Solstar:
Nice to note that you have eyes, I lost mine to awakening.
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
shocked take eyes in the name of jesu! Amen now you have eyes! halleluyah

Amun Ra
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by anibirelawal(m): 3:07pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:

Dont mind the Op with her bias Opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Beautyaddy: 3:21pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
Did you read the post at all before shouting fake news? there are proof and you just being funny with your comment. Talking ill of people's work wouldn't make your life better. Make your findings !

Believing what people say who are not visa officers or work in the US embassy will not also make your life any better.

And yes, my findings remains the same.

FAKE NEWS!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 3:27pm On May 12, 2018
Fact is you are a FAKE PERSON very fake! FAKE HATING and that is pathetic for a fake like you spreading FAKE NEWS OUT OF JEALOUSY THAT somebody is not giving up on informing as well entertaining people but never mind, YOUR TYPE are not the better part of the world so IMA channel my energy and data into doing meaningful things as always and not you. Go dig up some bone at your backyard if you so haunting.
Beautyaddy:

Believing what people say who are not visa officers or work in the US embassy will not also make your life any better.

And yes, my findings remains the same.

FAKE NEWS!!
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by popoolagroup(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2018
OkutaNla:
I thought so too. the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pics was I hope he understood what he was signing..
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by rinzaugustine: 3:36pm On May 12, 2018
I have always known stella dimorkokus as reliable blogger,so I believe there is some atom of truth in that write up

3 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 4:27pm On May 12, 2018
God bless you !! and she's a role model of mine.
WE DON"T BLOG TO BE POPULAR OVER NIGHT!
rinzaugustine:
I have always known stella dimorkokus as reliable blogger,so I believe there is some atom of truth in that write up
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Chuchunana: 7:03pm On May 12, 2018
Fakery!

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 7:26pm On May 12, 2018
What do you know when you have no business with drivers licence talk more of US Embassy, go jor!
Chuchunana:
Fakery!

1 Like

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 7:30pm On May 12, 2018
Mynd44:
It doesn't make sense that they will immediately start acting on Canada's request at detriment to the integrity of their Visa process
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 7:38pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
Fact is you are a FAKE PERSON very fake! FAKE HATING and that is pathetic for a fake like you spreading FAKE NEWS OUT OF JEALOUSY THAT somebody is not giving up on informing as well entertaining people but never mind, YOUR TYPE are not the better part of the world so IMA channel my energy and data into doing meaningful things as always and not you. Go dig up some bone at your backyard if you so haunting.
No need to quarrel. People don't want to believe that they don't have access to that piece of "heaven" on earth.

1 Like

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by timelessaproko(f): 7:39pm On May 12, 2018
Please tell us more, like how do you mean please?
NothingDoMe:
It doesn't make sense that they will immediately start acting on Canada's request at detriment to the integrity of their Visa process
Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by jj17cv(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2018
FAKE News
I think Visa fees don reach 110k ....Looool

3 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by NothingDoMe: 7:46pm On May 12, 2018
timelessaproko:
Please tell us more, like how do you mean please?
Thing is such changes don't just happen immediately. Except they've actually been in discussions for a while before Canada complained publicly.

2 Likes

Re: Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America by Mynd44: 7:52pm On May 12, 2018
NothingDoMe:

But it makes sense that they immediately start acting on the contents of a document that does not exist right?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate / So I Am Living As An Illegal Immigrant In Nigeria. My Visa Has Expired / Travel/ Volunteer Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.