Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles (648 Views)

Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by AntKenny: 8:50pm On May 22, 2010
Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan has demanded the 'Super Eagles' return from the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in South Africa this July with the biggest prize in international football.

Speaking at a special dinner to send the Super Eagles off to the World Cup on Friday, Jonathan referenced Nigeria's independence, which will be celebrated on 1 October after 50 years. "This is a call to national duty and I expect the Eagles to prepare well and win this trophy. That will be a birthday gift for our country and set the stage for a golden jubilee celebration of our independence as a nation," added Jonathan, who shook hands with the entire Nigeria squad led by coach Lars Lagerback. "Play, win and we will make you smile.

What do you think of our chances?

www.antslittlethoughts..com
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by mamagee3(f): 8:53pm On May 22, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan is a joke.

Instead of doing something administrative, he continues making senseless statements.
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by EzeUche(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2010
We got to get past Argentina before we say anything else! angry
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Newest: 9:08pm On May 22, 2010
I wish we could, but we cant, Gudluck dey dream (Mr President Sorry oo)
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by desgiezd(m): 9:30pm On May 22, 2010
Could the President have been talking about a wooden trophy?
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Newest: 9:43pm On May 22, 2010
desgiezd:

Lol, maybe my street cup, that was organized by teenagers
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by vigasimple(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2010
desgiezd:

The President Name is Goodluck, his wife name is Patience. With those 2 combinations PIGS might fly ( oops sorry Eagles/elephant)

The present Team does not have the technical know how BUT if they have THE BELEIF, anything is possible, especially if Goodluck charm rub on them, most of their opponents kapsih somehow along the way. grin grin grin

Dream on Super non flying eagles. I don't even think that they can beat Abuja X1, yeye team
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by AntKenny: 2:22am On May 23, 2010
As long as they dont give me un-necessary hypertension, getting through the group stages is all I even ask for.

I beg oh be super eagles not super chickens,
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Nobody: 2:35am On May 23, 2010
desgiezd:

. . grin grin probably the plastic one. our football team is the true reflection of our nation.Only a miracle can secure that trophy for us.
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by chidichris(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2010
one of those dreams.
apart from goodluck and jonathan, no other nigerian is expecting that cup here.
the only and most expected and important cup here in nigeria is electricity and the only player to bring it home at the moment is goodluck jonathan and the game will be between him and all the evil men in pdp.
if jonathan fails to deliever this cup(electricity) no other cup can serve as a good replacement.
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 23, 2010
!@chidichris .
I like your comment na Eletricity be our World Cup
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Newest: 6:44pm On May 23, 2010
chidichris:

one of those dreams.
apart from goodluck and jonathan, no other nigerian is expecting that cup here.
the only and most expected and important cup here in nigeria is electricity and the only player to bring it home at the moment is goodluck jonathan and the game will be between him and all the evil men in pdp.
if jonathan fails to deliever this cup(electricity) no other cup can serve as a good replacement.
barnabasj:

!@chidichris .
I like your comment na Eletricity be our World Cup
atleast as we no sey we no fit carry world cup, make dem allow us watch make we flezz
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by otawa: 6:56pm On May 23, 2010
Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan has demanded the 'Super Eagles' return from the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in South Africa this July with the biggest prize in international football.

indeed.

That is your President for you: demand. while other countries are planning, put tactics and strategy into place.

He demands. what a load of CRAP.
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by yeswecan(m): 7:16pm On May 23, 2010
Why the hate? This is normal for a president to make such supporting statement to boast the players . . what the big deal?
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by otawa: 9:07pm On May 23, 2010
yeswecan:

Why the hate? This is normal for a president to make such supporting statement to boast the players . . what the big deal?

Only in Nigeria. You expect to win without preparation.
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by SLIGHT(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2010
Trophy? HaHaxhamatgaggmjatgmj **i laugh in pashtu{taliban's lingua}**which of d trophy is he talking abt is the usual bronze? Or the main thing
Re: Nigerian President Demands Trophy From The Eagles by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 23, 2010
desgiezd:

luizworld:

. . grin grin probably the plastic one. our football team is the true reflection of our nation.Only a miracle can secure that trophy for us.
grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

An Encounter With A Pupil Who Witnessed The Parliamentarian Brawl. / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Declares Presidential Bid On Facebook / We Need Only Two-party System If Credible Election Is Expected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.