Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church (13732 Views)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment / Pastor Philip Igbinijesu: "No PVC, No Communion For Church Members" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 6:01am On May 13, 2018
Difference between working for God and working for church, or does it means if you work for church,you automatically work for God?
Pastors or church workers receiving salaries at the end of each months are said to be working for God.. How's that possible and meanwhile most of this pastors/church workers aren't on full time.
To my own understanding, any work you do and earn salaries or wages, so far you're being paid.. You're working for your Tommy.
If you're working for God, you shouldn't expect salaries or wages from anywhere, you give in all and wait till God rewards you massively on his own.
Don't let us mix things up.. So far you're earning monthly payments of which you agreed on it means you're working for the church.
However, anything you agreed on doing for the church growth without expecting a dime from anybody.. You're working for God.

Let's have people's views on this issue.
I'll be glad if this could be shifted to the front page.. People really need to know the difference.
Thanks.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07am On May 13, 2018
You are so on point!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Nobody: 6:15am On May 13, 2018
Working for God and church.........

Most churches employ drummers and the likes so they can come work for them,most of the aren't church members.. They just come and work and get paid at the end of the month.

While working for God is when you do it voluntarily... You can decide to sweep/be an usher depending on which department you want to join.

21 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by hisgrace090: 6:21am On May 13, 2018
Your post will make many shiever because I know many of today's pastors never sees it this way.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by paxonel(m): 6:24am On May 13, 2018
whether paid or not what benefit has your church work imparted to the society?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by pressplay411(m): 6:25am On May 13, 2018
Interesting.
God knows who's working for Him.
So many work for free but complain through out. What do you expect is their reward?
Some get paid but the value and service they give far exceeds the pay, cos they would have charged more secularly. We're in no place to judge.
Though it's obviously more rewarding to render your services and talents to God for free.
I believe God and only God knows who's working for Him because only He knows our Hearts.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by imhere: 6:31am On May 13, 2018
I think you should be very specific because some workers like ushers, follow up, sanctuary cleaners etc don't get paid except there are churches which do that.

But for those who are paid to work like accountant, secretary etc they are working for their money.

For pastors...a labourer is worthy of his labour

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Nobody: 6:34am On May 13, 2018
Dear Op, Pastors shouldn't be in this list.
The poster above me has said it all.

You can read up 1Corinthians 9 for better understanding.

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Humchi(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2018
It all depends on your mindset..
If you want to work for God without considering whether you are paid or not, if you get paid, it won't remove the fact that you work for God..

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 6:48am On May 13, 2018
So you mean a pastor who's not a full time and on a salary base is working for God?
imhere:
I think you should be very specific because some workers like ushers, follow up, sanctuary cleaners etc don't get paid except there are churches which does that.

But for those who are paid to work like accountant, secretary etc they are working for their money.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2018
Nice point though..
Humchi:
It all depends on your mindset..
If you want to work for God without considering whether you are paid or not, if you get paid, it won't remove the fact that you work for God..
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 6:51am On May 13, 2018
God bless you
pressplay411:
Interesting.
God knows who's working for Him.
So many work for free but complain through out. What do you expect is their reward?
Some get paid but the value and service they give far exceeds the pay, cos they would have charged more secularly. We're in no place to judge.
Though it's obviously more rewarding to render your services and talents to God for free.
I believe God and only God knows who's working for Him because only He knows our Hearts.
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:05am On May 13, 2018
I'm not a Christian but let me point out that working for Yahweh and working for church aren't mutually exclusive, that they're paying you to drum in church doesn't mean you're still not working for Yahweh. that you're an usher that doesn't get paid a dime doesn't mean you're working for Yahweh either

Most pastors get paid for their work, most gospel artistes charge to perform as programmes but that doesn't mean they're not working for Yahweh and church

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Nobody: 7:12am On May 13, 2018
McXponent:
So you mean a pastor who's not a full time and on a salary base is working for God?
There is nothing like full time pastor as most pastors are on part time. When we say full time it means the pastor has to work 24 hours daily which you and I know isn't possible.
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Nobody: 7:15am On May 13, 2018
Your assertion op is absolutely correct.
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:21am On May 13, 2018
asuustrike2009:

There is nothing like full time pastor as most pastors are on part time. When we say full time it means the pastor has to work 24 hours daily which you and I know isn't possible.

this is flawed as if we go by this post it means there's so there is no such thing as fulltime job. after all nobody really works for 24 hours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Got ur point.. But a full time pastor, we all know is a pastor that doesn't have any other work doing aside church work.. While a part time has his personal work doing along side church work.
The point is.. Collecting salaries in church does it means you're working for God or working for church? Or do you automatically work for God when you're working for a church.
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by McXponent(m): 7:23am On May 13, 2018
God bless you immensely for this cool
hopefulLandlord:

this is flawed as if we go by this post it means there's so there is no such thing as fulltime job. after all nobody really works for 24 hours
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by jacobs2015: 7:23am On May 13, 2018
Don't get it twisted.

If you're working for God, reality is the fact that you'll be rewarded eventually, be it in form of finance, material or answers to your request. In whichever way it comes, the point is that you're rewarded.

Pastors being paid salaries is no different from this. Atfterall, the payment is only a peanut, like an average of a paltry 30k monthly, though it depends. This is just to cover for some petty expenses like transport.

Tell me how a family man would survive with such a meager monthly allocation. At a point in time when Apostle Paul was working full-time for the gospel, all his immediate needs were met by the brethren, but personally, he thought it was unfair, serving as a burden unto them. He dedicated some time to work and earn something into his pocket. Yet, it never nullified the fact that he's working for God.

Also, the levites working on full time basis for God. God Himself made a preemptive approach in meeting their needs by instructing the Jews paying them tithes, so as to have something pass through their gullet. Or tell me how they'll survive, having no time to work on their own. Yet again, does this mean they were not working for God?

I do tell people, a pastor that could not convince his congregation to raise enough money for the progress of the ministry would be a very poor manager, if he ventures into business.

Pastoring involves you being spirit filled with your IQ at optimal performance, because it's daunting and challenging. Many so called believers are tight-fisted, they have in abundance, but giving is an herculean task for them. Yet, at the sight of any discomfort, the pastor will be the first to be disturbed in the middle of the night.

Either you're paid a salary or giving it freely, it's your intention that matters.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by eph12(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2018
McXponent:
Difference between working for God and working for church, or does it means if you work for church,you automatically work for God?
Pastors or church workers receiving salaries at the end of each months are said to be working for God.. How's that possible and meanwhile most of this pastors/church workers aren't on full time.
To my own understanding, any work you do and earn salaries or wages, so far you're being paid.. You're working for your Tommy.
If you're working for God, you shouldn't expect salaries or wages from anywhere, you give in all and wait till God rewards you massively on his own.
Don't let us mix things up.. So far you're earning monthly payments of which you agreed on it means you're working for the church.
However, anything you agreed on doing for the church growth without expecting a dime from anybody.. You're working for God.

Let's have people's views on this issue.
I'll be glad if this could be shifted to the front page.. People really need to know the difference.
Thanks.
What are the ways God has used to reward you massively on his own?
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Nobody: 7:37am On May 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Reference are made to Church not job.
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:43am On May 13, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Reference are made to Church not job.
I don't see what difference this makes
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Kingsley10000: 7:45am On May 13, 2018
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in China there is Zero Church! Finland has the most stable economy in the world today. There are less than twenty churches in Finland! Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches! Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world, there are about 23 churches in Denmark. These countries are considered to have the highest number of atheists, but they are blessed! Come to Nigeria, there are more than 70,000 churches. +25 000 churches in Lagos. +2 500 churches in Oyo +30000 churches in the south east In Africa, we have more churches than schools and hospitals combined! More pastors than doctors. Everyone is born again!o Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus! Jesus even became the husband of all single women (according to them) in revival churches! Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit! However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation that is hoped for in a society. We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit! Our people need to distinguish between religion and stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!. Wake up!!! religion is the modern day slavery holding Africans down

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:47am On May 13, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by rezzy: 8:30am On May 13, 2018
Following
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:30am On May 13, 2018
imhere:
I think you should be very specific because some workers like ushers, follow up, sanctuary cleaners etc don't get paid except there are churches which does that.

...churches...do...
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by oyetunder(m): 8:35am On May 13, 2018
undecided Human opinion...but not Bible view please. You see, All these things have regulations in the Bible. Jesus instructed His disciples not to bother about how they will live, get money or take care of things financially. He said anywhere they go,whoever accepts them with those therein shall provide for them. He even commanded to feel free to eat whatever that they were offered no matter the cost as labourers deserved their wages. Luke 10:7 and 1 Timothy 5:18. So from this, if churches offered salaries, ministers are free to accept. Even in the Old Testimony, God mandated the other 11 tribes to provide for the tribe of Levi.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Ebuka6841(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2018
most people working for the church are doing so for eye service
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by daywatcher: 8:37am On May 13, 2018
Kingsley10000:
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in
China there is Zero Church!
Finland has the most stable economy in the world today.
There are less than twenty churches in Finland!
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the
world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world,
there are about 23 churches in Denmark.
These countries are considered to have the highest number
of atheists, but they are blessed!
Come to Nigeria, there are more than 70,000 churches.
+25 000 churches in Lagos.
+2 500 churches in Oyo
+30000 churches in the south east
In Africa, we have more churches than schools and
hospitals combined!
More pastors than doctors.
Everyone is born again!o
Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!
Jesus even became the husband of all single women
(according to them) in revival churches!
Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!
However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation
that is hoped for in a society.
We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most
corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet
today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
Our people need to distinguish between religion and
stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!.
Wake up!!!
religion is the modern day slavery holding Africans down

Thank You
Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by lakesider(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2018
There is no God anywhere .. Which ever way , you are working for a religion that was exported to African when it was about to expire ......
Nigeria now has the largest population of Christian in the world and its reflection on our economy .same for Islam

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by jericco1(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2018
the guy above sha. forming atheist

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church by Grupo(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2018
When I was still a Christian. I used to play guitar for free. But after sometime, I retraced my steps and started taking money from the churches. If the pastor could get paid for preaching the word of God, why shouldn't I?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors / Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.