Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

"I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- (31011 Views)

Nweke Peter: Thugs Beat Man To Death At A Polling Unit In Ebonyi (Photo) / Waje Cries Out As Thugs Beat & Chase Voters Away At Her Polling Unit In Lagos / Checkpoint Policemen Watched As Herdsmen Attacked Us – Oyo Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Islie: 8:00am On May 13, 2018
A son of a former governor of Oyo State , who is a member of the House of Representatives , Dapo Lam-Adesina , tells OLUFEMI ATOYEBI how thugs beat him up during the recent All Progressives Congress ward congress in Ibadan.

Can you tell us your experience in the violence that broke out during the ward congresses of the All Progressives Congress last (penultimate ) Saturday in Ibadan ?
I don’ t think it is possible for anyone , who does not purchase a form for the West Africa School Certificate Examinations or any other examination to sit for it or expect a result. There are two factions in the Oyo State APC today . The Congress Committee came from Abuja and had a stakeholders ’ meeting .

At the venue , members of the Unity Forum faction of the party , to which I belong, were attacked by thugs . We have been clamouring for internal democracy , justice and fairness in the party for quite some time now . It was obvious that only our members paid for the forms before the deadline on Friday.

The committee made it clear that only those with evidence of payment would be provided with forms. On Saturday , we were the only ones that collected the forms because we showed our evidence of payment . What this meant was that all the candidates would be returned unopposed .

The committee in charge of the congress announced that because of the violence that marred the stakeholders ’ meeting on Saturday , the congresses would be held on Sunday and we all agreed to the arrangement.

However , members of a group loyal to Governor Abiola Ajimobi, who did not buy the forms, held kangaroo congresses on Saturday against the committee’ s guidelines .

The Unity Forum followed the committee guidelines and we held our congresses on Sunday . The APC should be careful in handling issues like this in order not to tarnish the image of President Muhammadu Buhari and what he stands for .

Are you saying the SENACO group members are with the governor ?

I don’ t know what they are called and, in fact , it is wrong to regard SENACO members as Ajimobi’ s loyalists because top leaders of SENACO are with the Unity Forum. Alhaji Abu Gbadamosi from Ilero ; Dr . Busari Adebisi, Alhaji Ajibade and others are with us .

In the Unity Forum, we have members from the LAMIST group , Adebayo Shittu group and members from all other smaller groups . Our common agenda is to stop the reign of impunity under the Ajimobi administration .

We cannot continue with his one - man -show system. The party has been destabilised and members are afraid of the forthcoming elections. The way out is to stop the era of impunity .

You recently cried out that your life was being threatened. What informed this ?

Our group was punctual at the stakeholders ’ meeting on Saturday but while we were waiting for the event to start , there were sporadic gunshots and broken bottles thrown into the hall . We had to run for dear lives . It was God that delivered us from the hands of the attackers . We were also helped out of the venue by our official security agents .

An Ibadan chief led the thugs to the venue . We ran to the state Police Command in Eleiyele for safety but we were told that the Commissioner of Police , Abiodun Odude , was not around .

We stayed there because there was nowhere to run to . Even when we were called back and were assured that adequate security had been provided , we were skeptical. Nevertheless, we had to be there to fulfil all righteousness for the sake of the congress.

While we were going in , members of our group were attacked by thugs even when the governor was seated. They removed my cap and used it to hit my head in the full glare of everybody.

The security aides of the governor and members of the Directorate of State Service , who manned the gate, did not allow us to enter even though it was the governor that called us back to the venue . They watched as we were beaten up by the thugs .

We forced our way in but immediately after the meeting , the thugs entered the hall and began to harass me again . I moved to the front of the governor so that he would see what was happening but he pushed me away with his two hands .

The security men in the hall did not provide any security ; so , I cried out that everyone should see what the governor was doing to me .

That was when he realised that someone might be recording what was happening . I told the governor that I would not allow him to leave me behind so that the thugs would kill me . I said I would go out of the venue with him . I entered one of his cars by force.
Even then , the thugs were throwing stones and sticks at me . I alighted somewhere and found my way back home .

Were you or members of your group specifically targeted ?

After that scenario , people started calling me and threatened that they would kill me . They also threatened other members of the group and that they would eliminate us or implicate us . They asked if we had forgotten that we were fighting a governor. That was why I had to cry out.

I have written a letter titled ‘ Save my soul’ to the Inspector -General of Police , stating clearly that the governor and his wife want to assassinate me .

Did you approach some of the party leaders to complain about your position ?

I met the chairman of the party in the state, Akin Oke , who I respect so much.

On Sunday , the congress committee met stakeholders and journalists to deliver its report but it was as if there was nothing to report going by the committee chairman ’ s address .

If tomorrow , the governor calls you and mends fences with you , how would you react ?

He is my father and I cannot fight him forever . I have done a lot for him but he has to change his ways. I have discussed life after his tenure with him as a leader. With the way he is going, he cannot be a leader.

Imagine what is happening with the council poll. His people wrote a list and excluded names of loyalists of other stakeholders .

We know how Asiwaju Bola Tinubu runs Lagos as a leader. He will call all groups and tell them to bring their lists . It is not done like that in Oyo State .

Have you reached out to Tinubu on this issue?

A few days ago , I called him and he is not happy with the way things are in Oyo State. He does not believe in injustice . With time , he will wade in . The Unity Forum is in the majority in Oyo APC . That is why it was only the group that held congresses . The President and national headquarters of the party will have to wade in . We will not compromise our position .

http://www.punchng.com/i-fled-in-ajimobis-car-after-governor-watched-as-thugs-beat-me-up-rep/

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01am On May 13, 2018
Eh ya.

Pele!

1 Like

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by SalamRushdie: 8:06am On May 13, 2018
I like this Dapo Lam ...He is an okay guy and will make good governor soon

5 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Nobody: 8:07am On May 13, 2018
grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:10am On May 13, 2018
cheesy
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Nobody: 9:11am On May 13, 2018
Criminals everywhere you go.

1 Like

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Usernamesucks: 9:12am On May 13, 2018
bjolat:
I'm good with words, but I still dunno how to go about this.
I'm a struggling undergraduate with minimal financial help from home, this means I have to struggle a lot, and spend only when necessary. Things have gotten worse by the day, and today I woke up with nothing to eat, cannot even go to church because there is practically nothing to live on this week.
I'm in dire need of help from well meaning people, don't know how much longer I can hold on.
0123684771, GTB.
Doesn't necessarily have to be financial help, but I really do need succour asap

I've noticed your posts in some other threads. I'm in no position to verify your claims. People will be unwilling to want to help you because of past experiences with scammers.

Personally, begging doesn't really cut it for me. But If you're really hungry, you can start with neighbours, friends or even your church members. You have data. A whatsapp message will surely get to them.

If there's no other way I think you can consider putting up your phone for sale.

Yameater:

Abegi...

I won't trade words with you ma'am.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2018
I care less. It's the normal routine. Election is near, violence goes up!

1 Like

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by amzee(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2018
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Nobody: 9:16am On May 13, 2018
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by vertueptime: 9:16am On May 13, 2018
bjolat:
I'm a struggling undergraduate with minimal financial help from home, this means I have to struggle a lot, and spend only when necessary. Things have gotten worse by the day, and today I woke up with nothing to eat, cannot even go to church because there is practically nothing to live on this week.
I'm in dire need of help from well meaning people, don't know how much longer I can hold on.
0123684771, GTB.
Doesn't necessarily have to be financial help, but I really do need succour asap

Announce this in ur church and u shall benefit, its better dan e -begging

15 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Hardewarlee(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2018
For everything You(Dapo Lam) and The Governor (Sen Ajirebi) has caused Oyo states workers making their children drop out from schools ,due to Hunger , because of unpaid Salaries , Pensioniers not getting paid ....

Your party will never know peace ...
You have just started , if your not careful dem go cut your head off and you go meet your father Lam Adesina ...

Thieves complaining about Thieves
Oyo State in a mess

7 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2018
Nigeria’s politics and violence
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by vedaxcool(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2018
grin grin grin politicians never behave
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by stinggy(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2018
Why won't you people just kill yourselves and let the masses rest

SalamRushdie:
Yea, since the Agodi house is meant to be a family affair. Governor ko, President ni undecided undecided
If you like him that much, make him your own state governor angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Hardewarlee(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2018
Are you from Oyo State ? Kuku buy the governorship form for him and push him to the post nah ... mtcheww You think you can just say lubbish ...
SalamRushdie:

5 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2018
Usernamesucks:

No offense but I think you can put up your phone for sale

Abegi...
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by BedLam: 9:18am On May 13, 2018
bjolat:
0123684771, GTB.
Aren't you lucky that you have a phone that has internet? I bet the internet isn't free. If you can't go through school because if financial help, then drop out and hustle to make money first before you go back to school. You don't need to go to school and if you have legs and hands you shouldn't be hungry.
If food is your major concern, go and work for a restaurant.
Why waste the little resources your parents have on your education in a country where being naked pays more than reading ? Please!

2 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by idris4eva(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2018
Same way your father ruin Oyo state
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Nobody: 9:19am On May 13, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
I care less. It's the normal routine. Election is near, violence goes up!

True that.
Only problem is sometimes they bring it out to the open to disturb other members of the public.

Otherwise,they are free to do whatever and turn their party conventions and primary elections into WWE shows and championships.

2 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2018
vertueptime:

Announce this in ur church and u shall benefit, its better dan e -begging

I wonder why he had to mention church in his post
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by BedLam: 9:21am On May 13, 2018
Yameater:

I wonder why he had to mention church in his post
I'm sure any help that will go to him will see him giving tithes and offerings first.
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by pontaboki1: 9:21am On May 13, 2018
So what exactly do you want us to do?,are you not a change chanter?
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by simple250: 9:21am On May 13, 2018
I'm not a political guru but PDP were able to hold to power for 16yrs across 36state without issues.

APC on the other hand cannot hold on to power for just 4yrs . lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2018
BedLam:
Aren't you lucky that you have a phone that has internet? I bet the internet isn't free. If you can't go through school because if financial help, then drop out and hustle to make money first before you go back to school. You don't need to go to school and if you have legs and hands you shouldn't be hungry.
If food is your major concern, go and work for a restaurant.
Why waste the little resources your parents have on your education in a country where being naked pays more than reading ? Please!

Who sent you?
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2018
BedLam:
I'm sure any help that will go to him will see him giving tithes and offerings first.

No he didn’t have to mention church
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by BedLam: 9:23am On May 13, 2018
Yameater:

Who sent you?
Are you fronting for him now?

2 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by dollarsplenty(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2018
So Dapo Lam can run. I remember his U.I. days in Fac. of Technology, when he used to be Governor's son. power pass power.

4 Likes

Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by Yameater(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2018
Usernamesucks:

I've noticed your posts in some other threads. I'm in no position to verify your claims. People will be unwilling to want to help you because of past experiences with scammers.

Personally, begging doesn't really cut it for me. But If you're really hungry, you can start with neighbours, friends or even your church members. You have data. A whatsapp message will surely get to them.

If there's no other way I think you can consider putting up your phone for sale.

I won't trade words with you ma'am.

Are referring to me or did you miss your way?
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by waveman2: 9:25am On May 13, 2018
APC has overtaken PDP in thuggery politics. That is why it is very dangerous to give power to a black man.
Re: "I Fled In Ajimobi’s Car After Governor Watched As Thugs Beat Me Up" – Dapo Lam- by HORLADSTAR(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2018
Mtcheew,like i care

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeleke: I Gained Admission Into US University Without WAEC Result / Tinubu’s Appointees Are Nigeria’s Problems – Allen Onyema / CAN Raises Alarm Over The Appearance Of Strange Faces In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.