Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working (1611 Views)

Customer Service Desk: An Easy Access For Hackers To Exploit Your Organization / Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Certain Smartphones From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by adenine02: 1:53pm On May 13, 2018
I plugged an external hard drive to it for my kids to see a movie in it and after some time they called me that the computer stop working
The screen was blank and nothing is working
I switched it off and when I switched it back on it shows
"No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed"
Please what can I do

I've removed the had external hard drive

And I'm even scared of connecting it to my laptop

Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by adenine02: 1:59pm On May 13, 2018
Hp Intel Pentium

Window 7
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by infoliteglobal(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2018
try checking the cable that connect the system hard disk to the computer. also check if the hard disk is making a click sound, if it make click sound it mean its probably bad but if it doesnt it means it is good. then enter your bios setup.. it is usually indicated by a function key during the startup of the computer. check if it is reading from the hard disk ..if it is not try to put hard disk as the first boot order.. i think that should be the possible solution.. or u can give it to computer repairer..
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by adenine02: 3:30pm On May 13, 2018
infoliteglobal:
try checking the cable that connect the system hard disk to the computer. also check if the hard disk is making a click sound, if it make click sound it mean its probably bad but if it doesnt it means it is good. then enter your bios setup.. it is usually indicated by a function key during the startup of the computer. check if it is reading from the hard disk ..if it is not try to put hard disk as the first boot order.. i think that should be the possible solution.. or u can give it to computer repairer..

Thanks bro
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by airsaylongcon: 8:29pm On May 13, 2018
The error message No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed arose because you still had the external hard disk drive (HDD) connected while rebooting the system. Most systems are configured to boot from A USB drive first and only if a USB drive isn't found will it boot from internal HDD (or other internal drives depending on how you BIOS is configured). Disconnecting the external HDD was the right thing to do. You can safely reboot the system and it should boot to Windows without any issues. Then you can connect your external HDD and carry on as normal. What needs to be understood though is why the computer failed when your kids were watching movie. Did they perhaps touch something? Power fluctuate?
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by adenine02: 2:05pm On May 15, 2018
airsaylongcon:
The error message No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed arose because you still had the external hard disk drive (HDD) connected while rebooting the system. Most systems are configured to boot from A USB drive first and only if a USB drive isn't found will it boot from internal HDD (or other internal drives depending on how you BIOS is configured). Disconnecting the external HDD was the right thing to do. You can safely reboot the system and it should boot to Windows without any issues. Then you can connect your external HDD and carry on as normal. What needs to be understood though is why the computer failed when your kids were watching movie. Did they perhaps touch something? Power fluctuate?

Thanks bro
That's what I don't know too
But the system was still on when I got there but was not responding at all

But now it back but very slow
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by nelson7777: 3:46pm On May 16, 2018
wen a computer try to boot from an external storage like flash/pen/hdd, if it can't find an operating system, it moves to d nxt bootable device, it continues dat cycle until it finds a storage with an O. S and boots from it.

virus.... Reformat ur system and use another computer to repair ur corrupt external hdd, so it doesn't happen again also install a better antivirus...
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by Gbengageorge: 3:54pm On May 18, 2018
If it is an HP laptop it is possible that it the HDD is bad, but if it is a Dell system the HDD may not be faulty. Dell laptops usually proves to be stubborn at times.

adenine02:
I plugged an external hard drive to it for my kids to see a movie in it and after some time they called me that the computer stop working
The screen was blank and nothing is working
I switched it off and when I switched it back on it shows
"No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed"
Please what can I do

I've removed the had external hard drive

And I'm even scared of connecting it to my laptop
Re: Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working by lorein0688: 7:33am On Jun 04, 2018
The common reasons behind getting the No boot disk detected or the disk has failed errors are:

• Incorrect boot order settings
• Missing operating system from the HDD
• Hard Disk failure
• Loose Hard disk connection to PC
• Corrupt Boot Configuration Data (BCD)

And to fix the error try the below given steps:

1. Start your computer up.
2. On the first screen that you see when your computer boots up, you will find instructions to press a specific key – which, in most cases, is Delete, F1 or F2 – to enter your computer’s BIOS/Setup. Press the key specified to enter the BIOS.
3. In the BIOS, locate your computer’s boot order/configuration. In most cases, the boot order is located under the BIOS’s Boot
4. Adjust the boot order so that the HDD/SSD that is the boot disk is at the top, meaning that the computer tries to retrieve boot information from it before any other sources.
5. Exit the computer’s BIOS, but be sure to save the changes that you have made to it before doing so.

As you exit the BIOS, the computer will restart. Now check if the issue is resolved or not.

Source: http://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/resolve-repairing-disk-errors-in-windows-10

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Processor To Go For When Buying A Laptop / Clean Dell Latitude E7250 I5 4 Sale 95k(negotiable) / Hp Elitebook 9480m Core I5 8gb Ram 500gb Hdd Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.