Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees (731 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Verbal Abuse Of Employees / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by DaveeJay: 2:24pm On May 13, 2018
This is actually an outcry for my friend whose phone was literally ceasing at work.

Apparently, it wasn't just hers alone, but with some other colleagues, consecutively.

My friend whose phone was ceased 2weeks ago has been sharing my phone with me. She basically has no access to her personal emails, her 2 phone lines, has been inactive on WhatsApp other social media app.

It's so disturbing that First Bank that has such a good image would do a thing such as this. Ionno if this is a general rule but she works at the head office extension at Iganmu, Contain, Lagos.

She claims she got an emergency call text from her aunt that needed urgent attention, but as she snooped thru the phone, her boss allegedly came and collected the phone with no hopes of returning it. It's been 2week. For goodness sake.

How could this be?

Is this real? If you have a relative or friend who works at First Bank.. Pls help confirm this.

She has a professional exam in June with no access to her reading materials.. Cos they are all on the phone.

She has no reach to her parents or friends. What if she dies or gets involved in a fatal accident? How could she be reached?

Pls share and let justice be served.

Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 pls help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by blessingsonflee(f): 2:32pm On May 13, 2018
She should resign and collect her phone abi which kain foolish work be that ?how much are they paying her angry

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by thesicilian: 2:35pm On May 13, 2018
She was using her phone while on duty and probably with clients waiting. That's the more likely reason why the phone was ceased. Any civilized organization would have done the same. Let's stop encouraging mediocrity and incompetence. The best she can do is beg her boss for the phone back and promise to be professional in her duty.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by DaveeJay: 2:36pm On May 13, 2018
blessingsonflee:
She should resign and collect her phone abi which kain foolish work be that ?how much are they paying her angry

Na contract job oo. I don sing resignation since. It's annoying.
Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by hisgrace090: 2:45pm On May 13, 2018
In a sane society you don't use your private phone while at work.

Well i know one day Nigeria will grow.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by policy12: 2:50pm On May 13, 2018
UBA will even sack any of the front staff, that use his or her phone while on duty. The only ppu that use their phone are the marketers and the oga's at d top.

Pls advice ur frnd to adapt to the policy, someone said he or she shu resign biko biko my dear don't do that because there is no job out there, until he/she get another one tell him to keep managing.
Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by DaveeJay: 3:04pm On May 13, 2018
hisgrace090:
In a sane society you don't use your private phone while at work.

Well i know one day Nigeria will grow.

I understand but this was never stated on the employment letter.
Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by sholatech(m): 3:45pm On May 13, 2018
I think the poster knows the truth why the phone was seized. Not all work ethics and rules are stated in employment letters. Employee Handbooks, Manuals and Memos are addendum to your employment letter.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Now Ceasing Phones Of Employees by okpala95(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2018
DaveeJay:
This is actually an outcry for my friend whose phone was literally ceasing at work.

Apparently, it wasn't just hers alone, but with some other colleagues, consecutively.

My friend whose phone was ceased 2weeks ago has been sharing my phone with me. She basically has no access to her personal emails, her 2 phone lines, has been inactive on WhatsApp other social media app.

It's so disturbing that First Bank that has such a good image would do a thing such as this. Ionno if this is a general rule but she works at the head office extension at Iganmu, Contain, Lagos.

She claims she got an emergency call text from her aunt that needed urgent attention, but as she snooped thru the phone, her boss allegedly came and collected the phone with no hopes of returning it. It's been 2week. For goodness sake.

How could this be?

Is this real? If you have a relative or friend who works at First Bank.. Pls help confirm this.

She has a professional exam in June with no access to her reading materials.. Cos they are all on the phone.

She has no reach to her parents or friends. What if she dies or gets involved in a fatal accident? How could she be reached?

Pls share and let justice be served.

Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 pls help

This is happening for real. sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Priceless Happenings / Which Of These Skills Is Best To Acquire Both On A Short And Long Run? / Massive Recruitment At FUTO 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.