Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,508 members, 7,781,560 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:02 PM

Should He Leave The Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should He Leave The Marriage? (585 Views)

Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? / What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? / As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Leave The Marriage? by blacq2009(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2018
Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, brothers herein. A friend is contemplating leaving his marriage. He married this girl last year after they both agreed that they'll do the party later when things get better.
He paid the bride price and khutbah was read only for the lady's senior sister to say no to the lady living with him until the party.

Now dude wants to leave the marriage. He feels deceived. Is it right on his part? Is it right on the girl's sister's part too?

Note: The girl's sister is breadwinner of the family and makes decisions although the father is alive. But the mother is late.
Your candid advice, please.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by madridguy(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2018
Wa alaykumu s-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

The brother should not be thinking of leaving his wife. I will suggest he schedule a meeting with his wife family, and make sure the " money bag " the wife elder sister is present.
Then he can quote his early agreement with the family and request why sudden change of agreement.
He can as well request his wife to inform the " Ullah" clerics that performed their Akidu Nikkah/Khutubah.

I think the sister in question is the type that like worldly things and I believe the Ullah can lecture her properly.

Mind you, if she insist on her stand, tell her frankly if she's ready to cover the expenses of the Waleemah.

Her type are the ones that scared struggling guys like me.

My observation though.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2018
There is no marriage without a bride price and since the bride price has been paid, the marriage is valid. The sister should go and boil stone.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by blacq2009(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2018
Cutehector:
There is no marriage without a bride price and since the bride price has been paid, the marriage is valid. The sister should go and boil stone.
Thats it.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by blacq2009(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2018
madridguy:
Wa alaykumu s-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

The brother should not be thinking of leaving his wife. I will suggest he schedule a meeting with his wife family, and make sure the " money bag " the wife elder sister is present.
Then he can quote his early agreement with the family and request why sudden change of agreement.
He can as well request his wife to inform the " Ullah" clerics that performed their Akidu Nikkah/Khutubah.

I think the sister in question is the type that like worldly things and I believe the Ullah can lecture her properly.

Mind you, if she insist on her stand, tell her frankly if she's ready to cover the expenses of the Waleemah.

Her type are the ones that scared struggling guys like me.

My observation though.
Jazakallahu khayran, bro. I appreciate. He's gone there countless times but nothing seems to change.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by madridguy(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2018
Wa iyakum

You mean he went there with Ullah that conducted the Nikkah? If yes, he should tell the sister to bring money for the party if he's bold enough to face the woman.

blacq2009:

Jazakallahu khayran, bro. I appreciate. He's gone there countless times but nothing seems to change.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by blacq2009(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2018
madridguy:
Wa iyakum

You mean he went there with Ullah that conducted the Nikkah? If yes, he should tell the sister to bring money for the party if he's bold enough to face the woman.

He went there severally. But she refused. He confided in me he'll just marry a different girl who'll understand his situation. The guy 34 and thinks time's not on his side.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by madridguy(m): 1:44am On May 14, 2018
This is very serious. Well, I will suggest the husband talk to his wife and make his intention of getting new bride known to her and give her just 1 week to talk to her family. Am sure there will be some family member that can call the garrulous sister to order. Upon hearing this, the new bride can run to other people in the family " if she is not in support of what her sister is doing ".

blacq2009:

He went there severally. But she refused. He confided in me he'll just marry a different girl who'll understand his situation. The guy 34 and thinks time's not on his side.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by blacq2009(m): 9:24pm On May 14, 2018
madridguy:
This is very serious. Well, I will suggest the husband talk to his wife and make his intention of getting new bride known to her and give her just 1 week to talk to her family. Am sure there will be some family member that can call the garrulous sister to order. Upon hearing this, the new bride can run to other people in the family " if she is not in support of what her sister is doing ".

Jazakallahu khayran for the concern and time.
Re: Should He Leave The Marriage? by madridguy(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2018
Wa iyakum sir.

blacq2009:

Jazakallahu khayran for the concern and time.

(1) (Reply)

Juju Priest Dies After Telling Customer To Shoot, That Bullet Won't Enter!!! / Woman Collapses, Dies In Church Barely One Month After A Member Slumped And Died / If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.